iPhone/iPod Touch App

Zak110695

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, don't have one .. No idea what it is and if we really need it :bleh:

And I'm also thinking team Mika/the record company/who knows who else is busy enough as it is .. Don't know if they should spend time on something like that, is it going to reach so much more people? I doubt team Mika/the record company/... haven't already considered it themselves :wink2: And since it's not there, I think they've deceided it's not worth the trouble .. (don't know how much trouble gets involved in something like that, but you get what I mean I suppose .. Or I hope :bleh:)

I know! It's time he goes out with Adele or KP or Lady Gaga again, so the dating/marrying/child gossip can start again. Oh those were the days!:biggrin2:

Wouldn't it be better if he goes out with someone else? You know .. fresh blood :mf_rosetinted:

I love Google, it is of course one of the best ways to find things out about Mika (or anything else).

But Google is slower than MFC with breaking news. :biggrin2:

And I will never change my mind on that.

And as far as iPod/iPhone apps, while I don't know much about them, they sound like a good marketing tool and a way to reach more potential fans.

Bands have released iPod applications before and they have been proven as a very successful piece of marketing. Not only is it quick and easy to access but it also allows people to interact with the artwork, read some quick info and maybe even listen to some preview tracks. There wouldn't need to be a great amount of information on there. The 'corporate entity' would be Mika and his management who know far more than the this website.

But Mika and his management are the entity behind this website as well.

We only get the info we want by asking his management for it directly, waiting for it to be posted on Mikasounds or leaked elsewhere. iPhone app users aren't going to have two of those three options, only one. They will be in the waiting-for-it-to-be-posted-on-Mikasounds category since that is the only time all of their other marketing tools are updated (Facebook, email lists, MySpace, etc.).

Perhaps this could be a viable marketing tool aimed at more casual fans but I don't think it's going to be of much value to members of MFC or Mikasounds, so I can see why it's not getting a positive reception here. If in fact they did choose to offer exclusive content to iPhone app users I doubt the existing hardcore fanbase would welcome it. It would just mean going out and spending money or missing out on something we expect should be provided to us without the involvement of third parties like mobile phone makers and resellers.

I was thinking about a month ago, actually, that there should be a Mika iPhone app, published by his record label. I'd spend $2 or $3 on it.

The thing is, it would be an extension of Mika's overall e-marketing strategy - essentially a mobile version of Mikasounds. And that's great, since Mobile Safari eats Mikasounds and we can't really browse the main Mikasounds site on an iPhone. I imagine such an app would have things like tour dates, news, etc - I've seen that for some other artists. In 2009, it makes sense.

Yet what some people here are trying to explain is that Mika's whole e-marketing strategy has been spotty at best. He shot to fame far sooner than anyone on his team anticipated, and as a result non-essential aspects of marketing were left in the dust. It's only in the last 3-4 months that e-marketing has received any serious attention in Mikaland. All his late 2006, early 2007 e-marketing endeavours got left to languish in broken obscurity after Grace Kelly took the world by storm. And now they're playing catch-up; they only just got a new website off the ground. The idea of them offering an iPhone app seems to fall into the "nice to have extras" category of Mika marketing/fan relations, a category which obviously never gets touched in Mikaland considering his people barely have time to handle the basics.

As for the issue of whether or not MFC is THE source for Mika news - well, it depends on what you call Mika news. For most general fans - many of whom would buy this app - Mika news is tour dates, album release dates, etc.

For MFCers, Mika news is all the above, but it extends to random, miniscule details - what colour jacket he wore to any given awards show, whether his latest tweet is about comte cheese or Eel Pie Island, what's going on with the Blackall project, which random French publication posted three sentences about him, and what the inside of a rented ice-cream truck looks like half a world away.

And that's the kind of stuff that would obviously never appear in an iPhone app. So I don't see how there's any comparison, really - IMHO Mikasounds (and any associated mobile app) would serve a different, broader market than MFC serves.

Oh, and for what it's worth, there's a mobile version of MFC in the works. So we can get our Mika fix on the go. :aah:

I was thinking about a month ago, actually, that there should be a Mika iPhone app, published by his record label. I'd spend $2 or $3 on it.

The thing is, it would be an extension of Mika's overall e-marketing strategy - essentially a mobile version of Mikasounds. And that's great, since Mobile Safari eats Mikasounds and we can't really browse the main Mikasounds site on an iPhone. I imagine such an app would have things like tour dates, news, etc - I've seen that for some other artists. In 2009, it makes sense.

Yet what some people here are trying to explain is that Mika's whole e-marketing strategy has been spotty at best. He shot to fame far sooner than anyone on his team anticipated, and as a result non-essential aspects of marketing were left in the dust. It's only in the last 3-4 months that e-marketing has received any serious attention in Mikaland. All his late 2006, early 2007 e-marketing endeavours got left to languish in broken obscurity after Grace Kelly took the world by storm. And now they're playing catch-up; they only just got a new website off the ground. The idea of them offering an iPhone app seems to fall into the "nice to have extras" category of Mika marketing/fan relations, a category which obviously never gets touched in Mikaland considering his people barely have time to handle the basics.

As for the issue of whether or not MFC is THE source for Mika news - well, it depends on what you call Mika news. For most general fans - many of whom would buy this app - Mika news is tour dates, album release dates, etc.

For MFCers, Mika news is all the above, but it extends to random, miniscule details - what colour jacket he wore to any given awards show, whether his latest tweet is about comte cheese or Eel Pie Island, what's going on with the Blackall project, which random French publication posted three sentences about him, and what the inside of a rented ice-cream truck looks like half a world away.

And that's the kind of stuff that would obviously never appear in an iPhone app. So I don't see how there's any comparison, really - IMHO Mikasounds (and any associated mobile app) would serve a different, broader market than MFC serves.

Oh, and for what it's worth, there's a mobile version of MFC in the works. So we can get our Mika fix on the go. :aah:

Yeah that's the true Mika news for me!:blush-anim-cl:

I came to this place ages ago to search for news about Mika, if he was coming to Sweden, was this first attempt to make music or had he done something before? Questions like that!

And I’m still here because of a reason…..:biggrin2:

In my little country the blogs (only one mention and he didn’t like WAG at all!:bash:) and the media are so quiet about Mika right now so without this place I would probably not even know he existed!

For us not so technically skilled people this site is a lifesaver, I don’t think there’s an application in the world that would come up with Mika news faster and safer than the MFC wizards who are working around the clock!:wink2:

Just wanted to say!:blush-anim-cl:

Yeah! What happened to the Blackall project?:blink: