Mika Dance Elle!!

Lucrezia

It's a very long article so I am only going to translate important stuff that Mika said:

I am not very comfortable with money. I spend a fortune on my shows but when it comes to my personal life I'm a bit scared of spending too much.I never carry a credit card always cash. This album is making me live my teenage years again. I used to lock myself in the bedroom for a very long time to write songs that would make me feel stronger than all the bullying I used to get(to be continued)

"So I spent 8 months in LA studios to compose the new songs. My mum who knows I need discipline, told me to stay in a place that is not very comfortable.I don't see myself as the genius of my family. Everyday we have a new genius: one day it's me for having a great concert, now it's my brother Fortune who's 18 and just succeeded in the very hard exam to enter an architecture school in London.(to be continued)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a very long article so I am only going to translate important stuff that Mika said:

I am not very comfortable with money. I spend a fortune on my shows but when it comes to my personal life I'm a bit scared of spending too much.I never carry a credit card always cash. This album is making me live my teenage years again. I used to lock myself in the bedroom for a very long time to write songs that would make me feel stronger than all the bullying I used to get(to be continued)

thzzz a lot!!! this makes me a little bit upset.... :tears:

i HAVE TO learn french in the coming semister!!!!!!!!!

glad that i hvn't chosen german/spanish in the end:teehee:

btw who's on the cover?? i'm gonna buy it:aah:

"So I spent 8 months in LA studios to compose the new songs. My mum who knows I need discipline, told me to stay in a place that is not very comfortable.I don't see myself as the genius of my family. Everyday we have a new genius: one day it's me for having a great concert, now it's my brother Fortune who's 18 and just succeeded in the very hard exam to enter an architecture school in London.(to be continued)
Zuleika is a brilliant design student at Esmod. If you're not "important" in my family, all the others (brother and sisters) will attack you. I am not in competition with other singers, I am in competition with my brother and sisters.Yasmine is the one who did the cover for both albums. Paloma takes care of my wardrobe and Zuleika designs some outfits and costumes for my shows. A family effort, exactly how it used to be when all the studios refused my music. (to be continued)

:jawdrop: Wow! Amazing! I didn't recognise Paloma in the first pic at first, definitely looks different. They're so photogenic :aah:

Is this the current issue of French Elle? Who's on the cover of it? Might buy it if it doesn't cost me a fortune :aah:

yes, its the current issue: N° 3321 August, 21st 2009

1250822650000efdb3mediu.jpg

Thankyou Mireille!:flowers2:

Zuleika is a brilliant design student at Esmod. If you're not "important" in my family, all the others (brother and sisters) will attack you. I am not in competition with other singers, I am in competition with my brother and sisters.Yasmine is the one who did the cover for both albums. Paloma takes care of my wardrobe and Zuleika designs some outfits and costumes for my shows. A family effort, exactly how it used to be when all the studios refused my music. (to be continued)

so she is at the Beijing one?:naughty:

thzz again mireille!!!!:biggrin2:

Paloma said: he knows exactly what he wants. And if we don't get it straight away he tantrums (:teehee:) and becomes upset. When he was little, he used to go into our bedrooms and pull our hair (:roftl:love the man). Then they talk a bit about his childhood (the story we all know) then about his new album. They point out that some crtics say your albums are too innocent and not as "sexual" as other singers. He says: I always admired Prince and Bowie for being free in exploring both sexes (Humm, don't like that). Prince used to wear high heals and walk like a model, while keeping his masculanity (sorry I don't know how to say it in English). Im not going to do that on stage (thank God for that:teehee:) but in my songs you could see the confusion of sexes.

And that my beloved darlings was the translation of that article. Instead of sending flowers can you tell Mika to give me a private acoustic show please?

:thumb_yello:

Paloma said: he knows exactly what he wants. And if we don't get it straight away he tantrums (:teehee:) and becomes upset. When he was little, he used to go into our bedrooms and pull our hair (:roftl:love the man). Then they talk a bit about his childhood (the story we all know) then about his new album. They point out that some crtics say your albums are too innocent and not as "sexual" as other singers. He says: I always admired Prince and Bowie for being free in exploring both sexes (Humm, don't like that). Prince used to wear high heals and walk like a model, while keeping his masculanity (sorry I don't know how to say it in English). Im not going to do that on stage (thank God for that:teehee:) but in my songs you could see the confusion of sexes.

And that my beloved darlings was the translation of that article. Instead of sending flowers can you tell Mika to give me a private acoustic show please?

No worries!:thumb_yello:

Provided you let us know when it is, so I can just accidentally be passing by or something:biggrin2:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'm so buying it!

Sorry,I don't have time to translate it atm,will do if no one has when I come back though :)

EDIT: Just saw Mireille's translation. Anyone want a full-one? I can begin to work on it right now,actually.

Edited by melman92

Mika, you heard the lady! Could you, pretty please, do a private acoustic gig at her house (she's in Sydney btw, you could easily fit it into your schedule when you're here in November:naughty:)?

Pretty please with sugar on top?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'm so buying it!

Sorry,I don't have time to translate it atm,will do if no one has when I come back though :)

EDIT: Just saw Mireille's translation. Anyone want a full-one? I can begin to work on it right now,actually.

Work your magic Raffy :das:

Thx a lot for the translation :thumb_yello::flowers2:

Never without his sisters !

1,2,3 Mika !

They take care of him and help him keep down to earth. As his next album will surely be a great success, Mika tells us about his sisters, his childhood, and his endless constant teenage happiness.

He enters an elegant suite of a Parisian Palace and propose us kindly to try on his cool stripped green and white sweater he bought at the Salvation Army in London. Then he asks us to help him tighten the hinden leg of his Paul Smith’s pants (????) That’s how he is, Mika. The taste of simple things (*cough*), almost childish talismans: a plastic multicoloured bracelet, a customised Mickey (I wrote Mikey at first :lmfao: ) as a pendant. And he’s not obsessed with his credit cart either, him who sold more than 5 million copies of -of which 1 million in France- his debut album Life in Cartoon Motion and rewarded by more than 10ish prices. “I spend a lot of money for my gigs, but in real life I’m afraid of money” he confides.” I never have a credit card with me, only cash, and I’m not at ease with spending too much money” With his ruffled brown hair, his beaming smile “full of teeth, his witty and mischievous look, we could almost catch sight of a big kid. Or an everlasting teenager aged 26.

Indeed, Michael Holbrook Penniman’s long-awaited new album,- Mika, to his friends (French expression)- celebrates his adolescence whereas the first opus gave away a dreamy and ‘technicoloured’ version of his childhood. “Because we never forget our adolescence, no matter how hard we try” The first single/videoclip, “We are Golden”, displays him singing alone at the top of his voice, or at least in an amazing teenage bedroom full with posters and gadgets -thumbs up to the decorator.(can we say heads up?) Mika’s one, we can imagine, less flamboyant than this one, and his adolescence less emblematic. “It was happy but I would stay in my own bedroom in my own world to escape “the things of life”. I was writing songs to create a new reality." Today,we could think that nothing,more or less has changed. “ Success,with its ups and downs, gave me an opportunity to live a second adolescence”And the singer stayed in his room,a small “music” studio actually,where he spent 8 “industrious” months to write and compose his songs.

That’s it for now! I really need to go. Will translate the end later but if someone wants to go on,I finished at the beginning of the second page :original:

Mika, you heard the lady! Could you, pretty please, do a private acoustic gig at her house (she's in Sydney btw, you could easily fit it into your schedule when you're here in November:naughty:)?

Pretty please with sugar on top?

I love you so much chickadee:thumb_yello:

Thank you for the translation Mireille!:wub2:

I hope you get a private gig!:wink2: