4MUSIC: MIKA - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS Friday 28 August 2009

tigerclaws95

Awww, sorry to hear about that... hope things will get better

:thumb_yello:

okay, so it's been a while I haven't seen Mika on TV... great performance.. wish it was more acoustic... but in any case, it was very very good... his vocals were so good that it actually sounded like a recording...

The set is a little Mika-ish... which is a combo of weird and artsy... am not a huge fan of mannequins nor was I a fan of clowns... but I guess it is his trademark style now...

He really looked in shape... probably had a blast wearing something different for every song... most were very nice outfits... especially the all white with a reddish belt on his hips.. leasr fav was the skeletal mechanic look... though he did look like he is having a blast while dancing in that outfit...

now, music.... wow... this album can easily top LICM - at least if it was up to me... the most interesting part was hearing "when I see you" - which I only realized today that I have heard a rough version of it as a demo ages ago - which I will not talk about further as it is a big no no here... but in summary it is a fantastic song...

The interview bit was a little timid.. he looked almost uncomfortable... but as always - very fabulous...

Thanks, and they will, very soon:biggrin2:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read any of this thread tonight, please tell me I am not alone in having cringed slightly at the overly theatrical dance moves and the red boiler suit....???!!!

Otherwise, totally fab as usual :naughty:

No I had the same feeling about the dancing and the red ... erm ... thingy. But he looked lovely, and I loved the songs.

:boing:

I don't care .. I need it .. Wanna make screenshots .. :aah::teehee:

(if I can :roftl:)

Uploading part 1 is gonna take 30 minutes and part 2 is even larger. It's almost 2 AM here, I don't think I can stay awake that long. :sad:

haha not true! I noticed weeks ago and even tweeted him about it lol:mf_rosetinted:

yeeeaaahh that's it, cover up :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

But the song is very beautiful, I wasn't expecting to hear the full version until a live performance or when the actual album came out to be honest.

Uploading part 1 is gonna take 30 minutes and part 2 is even larger. It's almost 2 AM here, I don't think I can stay awake that long. :sad:

Just go to bed and do it tomorrow :wink2:

You do have the day off tomorrow I hope? :sneaky2:

:bleh:

:lmfao: I mean that I've actually run out of words and even smilies won't do .... :wub2:

:biggrin2:

Ow .. sorry :roftl:

that was brilliant...:roftl: Bienne- duty calls! :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

I'll need a file first .. :bleh:

I did this too! I'll put them up soon.

Got the audio. I'm cutting the songs then I'll upload it. :wink2:

fantastic!!

No I had the same feeling about the dancing and the red ... erm ... thingy. But he looked lovely, and I loved the songs.

we would be so grateful! thank you!!!!

:huglove:

(what program did you use hun?)

yeeeaaahh that's it, cover up :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

But the song is very beautiful, I wasn't expecting to hear the full version until a live performance or when the actual album came out to be honest.

Yeah that was the only surprise. The others were pretty predictable. I didn't think he'd give too much away apart from the stuff we had already seen.

That was so great! I loved it!

What he said about feeling nervous is EXACTLY how I feel every time I take a quiz or test at school. I worry so much about the small things, but whenever I think I've done well, I always end up having botched it. It's nice to know that even Mika feels like that, about far more important things.

Thank you very much to everyone who recorded something! It's very kind of you to do that for us :wub2:.

Just go to bed and do it tomorrow :wink2:

You do have the day off tomorrow I hope? :sneaky2:

Yes, but I'm away almost all day :blink:

fantastic!!

we would be so grateful! thank you!!!!

:huglove:

(what program did you use hun?)

I don't have a clue how to really download streaming video, but I use a program that records whatever happens on the screen.

:shocked: That's not good ...

I have to work tomorrow-night so I can't do anything from around 9 PM ...

Hmm .. maybe no screenshots then :aah:

I don't have a clue how to really download streaming video, but I use a program that records whatever happens on the screen.

you go to sleep- find yourself sometime to download it... we arnt pushy (yeah right, not pushy :roftl: )

really? any chance I can have the name of it?