MIKA's October 2009 North American Tour

dcdeb

That is good enough for me! :biggrin2:I mean come on - no matter WHERE we end up . . . we are at a MIKA show for goodness sakes! I will be dancing and jumping up and down NO matter WHERE I am . . just hope there are no fuddie duddies that feel the NEED to sit :teehee: WHO could sit during a Mika show???? :roftl: NOT ME!

That's a great attitude to have, and I mean it, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm sure that you won't need to resort to it and that you WILL be at the front if you were a bit quick :roftl:

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you with fears regarding the "quality" of the seats that you'll get from Sandbag, I think that you don't need to worry.

Based on what happene during the Euro acoustic tour, where they had (and allocated) the best seats starting with front row to the pre-sale, I;m sure that this will be the same.

Also, just in the name of doing some investigating :biggrin2:, I checked out the mikasounds presale site and I found this on the Montreal gig thingie: their tickets go from row AA (front) to J.

If people who were looking at the Amex presale (even for different gigs, but still, the principle remains) found that the best row they could get there was J...then the math is quite simple I think: Sandbag have the best tickets, and then after that Amex and whoever before the remaining are put out there.

Anyway, the reserved seating shows in Europe were a massive success, and whoever bought first got the front, so I would expect this to be the same. I know that it's nerve wrecking, but try not to worry :wub2:

:woot_jump:

Thanks for your little research :huglove:

To those of you with fears regarding the "quality" of the seats that you'll get from Sandbag, I think that you don't need to worry.

Based on what happene during the Euro acoustic tour, where they had (and allocated) the best seats starting with front row to the pre-sale, I;m sure that this will be the same.

Also, just in the name of doing some investigating :biggrin2:, I checked out the mikasounds presale site and I found this on the Montreal gig thingie: their tickets go from row AA (front) to J.

If people who were looking at the Amex presale (even for different gigs, but still, the principle remains) found that the best row they could get there was J...then the math is quite simple I think: Sandbag have the best tickets, and then after that Amex and whoever before the remaining are put out there.

Anyway, the reserved seating shows in Europe were a massive success, and whoever bought first got the front, so I would expect this to be the same. I know that it's nerve wrecking, but try not to worry :wub2:

thanks sariflor. it is a bit nerve racking when you don't see your seat number when you buy the ticket. but i remember you guys getting great seats in europe.

i know exactly what my seat will be used for.... to hold my stuff while i stand dancing :roftl:

Oh Joanne! I hope to see you there! And maybe we'll have more time to

talk this time! I know what you mean about timing -- I have to be

in California at the beginning of September -- why couldn't it be a month

later? Then I have to be in Florida when Mika's in California. Sheesh.

Anyhow, interesting about the Amex sale. I looked, but the best I could

get was row J -- like you, I decided to gamble and hope the MFC tickets

are better located. I've asked our contact if she knows where the seats are,

but haven't heard anything. I'll keep you posted.

You actually have a good point, Holly. I've seen Mika once in my "home"

town, here in DC, but every other time I've had to travel, and this will

be my third time going to NYC to see him. How many of us who will be

there are NOT from New York? You and the other Floridians,

and Vero and Danie and the other Canadians, and me... NYC is fairly

easy to get to if you're along the East Coast, so I would imagine there

are a fair few of us traveling to see Mika there.

Still, this isn't the full-blown "Boy Who Knew Too Much" Tour -- this is

just a three-week jaunt to generate some more interest in the US.

Hopefully 2010 will see Mika dipping his cute little toes into the waters

of many other bigger US cities, like Atlanta, Miami, DC, Houston, etc. :thumb_yello:

Hey Deb! Didn't see your message until after I'd posted my reply to Holly. After Sariflor's post, I'm feeling optimistic!

Hope to see you in NYC -- and talk to you more this time...

Joanne

That's a great attitude to have, and I mean it, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm sure that you won't need to resort to it and that you WILL be at the front if you were a bit quick :roftl:

I hope QUICK ENOUGH . . . got em RIGHT when the link was active . . . do you think that will suffice? :roftl:

Hey Deb! Didn't see your message until after I'd posted my reply to Holly. After Sariflor's post, I'm feeling optimistic!

Hope to see you in NYC -- and talk to you more this time...

Joanne

Joanne - would LOVE to have you at the dinner meet up before the show! Can't wait to talk to everyone in a NON-LOOPY state! :teehee:

HA! TicketMaster is a tricky thing! I played on it yesterday and was offered terrible seats - just now I tried again and was offered Row C in the Orchestra Section!GO FIGURE! :doh:

. . . I am holding on to th hope that ours are the very best!!!! :biggrin2:

Joanne - would LOVE to have you at the dinner meet up before the show! Can't wait to talk to everyone in a NON-LOOPY state! :teehee:

If I can, I'll be there. I've eaten at a large Latin restaurant that was good way uptown and I believe it was pretty near the venue. I'll have to look it up. That might be a good meeting place. There is a chance that I might have to be away at that time; though I'm hoping to be here. I also think that cousins of mine from Hamburg might be planning to visit NYC that weekend, so I have some sorting to do. I'll be in touch...

HA! TicketMaster is a tricky thing! I played on it yesterday and was offered terrible seats - just now I tried again and was offered Row C in the Orchestra Section!GO FIGURE! :doh:

. . . I am holding on to th hope that ours are the very best!!!! :biggrin2:

There is so much "finagling" with online ticket buying today! I'm sure an enormous number of these tickets are not being bought by fans, but rather for resale -- many of them probably for Ticketmaster's own resale site!

If I can, I'll be there. I've eaten at a large Latin restaurant that was good way uptown and I believe it was pretty near the venue. I'll have to look it up. That might be a good meeting place. There is a chance that I might have to be away at that time; though I'm hoping to be here. I also think that cousins of mine from Hamburg might be planning to visit NYC that weekend, so I have some sorting to do. I'll be in touch...

Keep us posted on your situation!!! Hope it all works out! :biggrin2:

There is so much "finagling" with online ticket buying today! I'm sure an enormous number of these tickets are not being bought by fans, but rather for resale -- many of them probably for Ticketmaster's own resale site!

THAT is always a terrible thing! Thank God Mika is SO good to us!!! :shocked:

Hope you can make it Joanne! It was nice to queue with you last time and this time we could talk around a nice dinner ;)

I really enjoyed being a "consecutive number" with you and Vero! Wish I could come up to Montreal for the show there too! Mika and smoked meat -- mmm...fabulous! If I had no obligations and unlimited funds, I would.

I really enjoyed being a "consecutive number" with you and Vero! Wish I could come up to Montreal for the show there too! Mika and smoked meat -- mmm...fabulous! If I had no obligations and unlimited funds, I would.

If I had that I would be at EVERY show this tour!!!! :teehee:

I went to the sandbag presale website and I'm trying to buy two tickets for Seattle and it said it only has one left but its been like that for three days and I can't imagine that, that one ticket hasn't been sold in the last three days. Help?

I went to the sandbag presale website and I'm trying to buy two tickets for Seattle and it said it only has one left but its been like that for three days and I can't imagine that, that one ticket hasn't been sold in the last three days. Help?

Contact Sandbag and see if they can sort you out.

tickets@sandbag.uk.com

Or even where we should look for that matter?

It's way too soon to even think about getting the tickets, Sammy. It said

on my confirmation that they wouldn't be able to get info about the seats

to us until a week after the presale ended, which wouldn't be until

this Friday. Then it says tickets will be mailed about 3 weeks before the

date of the show -- so you're looking at least another week or two.

Hang in there! :thumb_yello: