Mika in Vancouver, BC at The Commodore Ballroom

lollipop_monkey

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

But I had emailed Mika's management team the other day about the

age requirement for this gig... just got this response:

"Yes unfortunately Vancouver is strictly over 19s." :(

Please don't shoot the messenger! I only know what they tell me... I have

no experience with this type of venue, so I really don't know what to say...

Sorry. :boxed:

That's so sad!

I was just going to buy tickets! :crybaby:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll try to find out for sure, but the thing is, these things are never certain.

For Mika's April gig in LA, it was all ages - they just checked IDs and gave you a stamp if you were over 21 and wanted to buy alcohol.

In NYC, we were told by Mika's managers directly that it was strictly 18+. Then on the day of the gig, security simply put a black "x" on the hands of fans who were underage - but they didn't check IDs to make sure people were indeed over 18. So in the end, under 18s would have been allowed in, just with an "x" on their hands so they couldn't try to buy alcohol.

But like I said, we'll do our best to find out for sure!

It would be great if it turned out like that! :cheerful_h4h:

That's so sad!

I was just going to buy tickets! :crybaby:

it indeed is, but at least you didn't end up buying one and then finding out about it...:naughty:

guys, i know they won't let me in, and i'm disappointed to death and all that but i don't know why, i'm still happy and excited! :blink:

it indeed is, but at least you didn't end up buying one and then finding out about it...:naughty:

guys, i know they won't let me in, and i'm disappointed to death and all that but i don't know why, i'm still happy and excited! :blink:

Yah, that would be bad. :aah:

Maybe you still think that they will change they're minds and you will be able to go? :huh:

Is anybody else surprised at how small the venue capacity is?

I think "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" is going to be a Mega-Hit!

Why isn't Mika booking bigger venues especially in Canada?

I suppose the smaller venue is better for you guys that are going.

Can someone explain to me what I am missing?? Hahaha!

Is anybody else surprised at how small the venue capacity is?

I think "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" is going to be a Mega-Hit!

Why isn't Mika booking bigger venues especially in Canada?

I suppose the smaller venue is better for you guys that are going.

Can someone explain to me what I am missing?? Hahaha!

I can't give you references but if I remember right, LICM was mostly popular in Quebec and Ontario.

I can't give you references but if I remember right, LICM was mostly popular in Quebec and Ontario.

Thank you.

That's interesting.

I didn't know that.

I suppose it makes sense then.

I still think even by late October they will be surprised at the mega-hit the new album will be.

I sure hope so anyway.

where's all the action?????

I'm super excited, can hardly wait until the 27th!! Excited to see some familiar faces and meet some new people......and of course for MIKA!!!! WOW, I can't believe I get to do this all over again!:boing:

I can't wait! And such a little venue. After seeing the size of the venues he's doing on the next European tour, I can't help but feel like we're a bit spoiled. :naughty:

Hooray Suzanne! I was hoping that circumstances would change so that you could go. :) I'm not sure how early I'll be there to line up, because I'm driving up from Seattle that morning.

I finally got my tickets for this show in the mail. I'm trying not to worry, but my Seattle tickets haven't even been shipped yet. :blink:

Edited by DaMango

I'm going!

Suzanne is back

I knew you still had some Mika-love tucked away under all that Green Day love. :teehee:

Hooray Suzanne! I was hoping that circumstances would change so that you could go. :) I'm not sure how early I'll be there to line up, because I'm driving up from Seattle that morning.

I finally got my tickets for this show in the mail. I'm trying not to worry, but my Seattle tickets haven't even been shipped yet. :blink:

Yeah we're traveling from Seattle, too. Thankfully I think the Vancouver crowd is small and mellow, so we shouldn't need to queue at the venue too early.

I haven't gotten any of my tickets yet, but I'm not worried. It was the same deal for the European tour; tickets would take forever, and if they didn't arrive, you can just arrange with Sandbag to have them re-issued at the venue.

This is going to be a great gig! :yay:

I knew you still had some Mika-love tucked away under all that Green Day love. :teehee:

Yeah we're traveling from Seattle, too. Thankfully I think the Vancouver crowd is small and mellow, so we shouldn't need to queue at the venue too early.

I haven't gotten any of my tickets yet, but I'm not worried. It was the same deal for the European tour; tickets would take forever, and if they didn't arrive, you can just arrange with Sandbag to have them re-issued at the venue.

This is going to be a great gig! :yay:

I am polyamourous....:P

also....I printed off my tickets ..for 2.50 fee.....so I don't have to fret!

xxoo

So I take it this show hasn't sold out yet? I think I may end up with one extra ticket, but it will be difficult to sell it if people can just buy the from Ticketmaster. I'll just post it in the extra ticket thread when I find out for sure if it will be unused.

I can't wait! And such a little venue. After seeing the size of the venues he's doing on the next European tour, I can't help but feel like we're a bit spoiled. :naughty:
I LOVE BEING SPOILED!!!!

I'm going!

Suzanne is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooohoooo!

Line party!!!!!!

So happy to hear that you will be coming. I can't wait, we are all going to have soooooo much fun!!