lollipop_monkey

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tawna!!! :huglove:

So glad you're coming. :wub2:

I'm so glad I was able to work it all out to be able to come, the excitement I am feeling is too amazing for words, although I'm sure you know this feeling all too well!

Oh gracious, I took the plunge and bought tickets for this show. My poor credit card! I still haven't gotten approval from work to take the needed days off, but here's hopin'!

I'm so happy to hear that you purchased tickets as well. I hope that everything pulls together for you.... :thumb_yello:

HI everyone...its too bad I won't be able to go...

but I have many reasons :aah::teehee: (all my $ will be used up in California)

...however....I would like to mail one of you some goodies to distribute amongst yourselves because you are still always very special to me...

xxoo Suzanne

17 in 2 days...

Ah I remember those days, I was working for a record company when I was 17. Sometimes it was great, sometimes it was a real pain to be so young when there were tons of shows to go to. :naughty:

Hopefully you can work something out in the end and we'll try to get an answer. At this point Ticketmaster is saying 19+ though unfortunately.

HI everyone...its too bad I won't be able to go...

but I have many reasons :aah::teehee: (all my $ will be used up in California)

...however....I would like to mail one of you some goodies to distribute amongst yourselves because you are still always very special to me...

xxoo Suzanne

That's too bad that you won't be along, but I'm sure you'll be having tons of fun with what you are doing!!

Ah I remember those days, I was working for a record company when I was 17. Sometimes it was great, sometimes it was a real pain to be so young when there were tons of shows to go to. :naughty:

Hopefully you can work something out in the end and we'll try to get an answer. At this point Ticketmaster is saying 19+ though unfortunately.

That sounds fun! i mean to work for a record company and get to go to various gigs...was it free for you?!

That sounds fun! i mean to work for a record company and get to go to various gigs...was it free for you?!

Yes I got free tickets to a lot of things although I would buy tickets to other concerts I wanted to go to. There were no all ages shows in bars in those days though so if it was in a club it could be a hassle to get in especially since I looked so young and could barely pass for 17, nevermind 19.

All of Mika's shows in Toronto have been in clubs but they've been all ages so I'm not sure what the deal is here although it looks like most of the shows at the Commodore are 19+ so maybe they make it really difficult to put on all ages shows here.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

But I had emailed Mika's management team the other day about the

age requirement for this gig... just got this response:

"Yes unfortunately Vancouver is strictly over 19s." :(

Please don't shoot the messenger! I only know what they tell me... I have

no experience with this type of venue, so I really don't know what to say...

Sorry. :boxed:

"Yes unfortunately Vancouver is strictly over 19s." :(

That sucks :thumbdown:

However, le Poisson Rouge said it was 18+ only, but didn't some under 18s get in? I know it's risky -- especially if you're traveling -- but maybe they wouldn't make a big deal about it. :dunno:

Yes i guess, but it just bothers me that after 2 and a half years this opportunity just slipped away, and it also cost me $120...and yay all of this happens on my birthday, how lucky i am...:boxed:

are there any chances that this turns out like the NYC gig? stamping X on the hands and stuff? and can i still meet him if i come after the gig?!

Edited by OhMyMika!!

That sucks :thumbdown:

However, le Poisson Rouge said it was 18+ only, but didn't some under 18s get in? I know it's risky -- especially if you're traveling -- but maybe they wouldn't make a big deal about it. :dunno:

People should do what they feel they need to do, I'm not going to advise one way or the other.

But just to clarify the difference in this case...

Even some of the over 18s at Le Poisson Rouge were not able to drink legally so this was meant to be handled more or less like an all ages show where the over 21s and the under 21s were identified so that the under 21s were not served alcohol inside the bar.

In Vancouver the legal drinking age is 19, so the venue will not be equipped to deal with minors at all. Everyone inside will be free to drink so they are going to make sure that no one gets inside unless they have identification to prove that they are 19. I don't know how strict it is in BC, but this is heavily enforced in the Toronto area as there are undercover cops in clubs and a club will lose their license if they are serving minors. Even I get asked for ID on occasion just as a matter of procedure and I am over 40. :blink:

Yes i guess, but it just bothers me that after 2 and a half years this opportunity just slipped away, and it also cost me $120...and yay all of this happends on my birthday, how lucky i am...:boxed:

are there any chances that this turns out like the NYC gig? stamping X on the hands and stuff? and can i still meet him if i come after the gig?!

Yeah, oh shame, I guess it's not a happy birthday huh? :no:

You can come to the venue and try to meet him if you want.

People should do what they feel they need to do, I'm not going to advise one way or the other.

But just to clarify the difference in this case...

Even some of the over 18s at Le Poisson Rouge were not able to drink legally so this was meant to be handled more or less like an all ages show where the over 21s and the under 21s were identified so that the under 21s were not served alcohol inside the bar.

In Vancouver the legal drinking age is 19, so the venue will not be equipped to deal with minors at all. Everyone inside will be free to drink so they are going to make sure that no one gets inside unless they have identification to prove that they are 19. I don't know how strict it is in BC, but this is heavily enforced in the Toronto area as there are undercover cops in clubs and a club will lose their license if they are serving minors. Even I get asked for ID on occasion just as a matter of procedure and I am over 40. :blink:

are you really??? :blink::boxed: