Mika in Vancouver, BC at The Commodore Ballroom

lollipop_monkey

I'm starting to get a bit anxious about this...the date has been removed from Mikasounds and the description on the top says that the tour finishes in Seattle!

http://www.mikasounds.com/news/view/617/North_American_Tour_Pre-Sale

:boxed:

I saw that too. I'm starting to worry that by "rescheduled" they mean "for the next time Mika tours North America, a year from now."

We'll get answers as soon as we can, guys, but them changing the wording on Mikasounds isn't promising. :boxed:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that too. I'm starting to worry that by "rescheduled" they mean "for the next time Mika tours North America, a year from now."

We'll get answers as soon as we can, guys, but them changing the wording on Mikasounds isn't promising. :boxed:

i'm gonna throw myself from Lion's gate if he cancels it...:boxed:

Thanks for letting us know! Same date, new location, The Commodore Ballroom. But wow, $46.40 and general admission? That's a wee bit pricier than I was expecting. I may have to think about this for a second...

Edit: I'd better not take too long to decide, because the capacity is 990, about 1,800 less than the Orpheum. I wouldn't want it to sell out. At least there's no race for the best seats, since it's GA.

Edited by DaMango

I got my tickets! But yeah, they are hella expensive. Especially for the Commodore Ballroom. Not that it's a bad venue, in fact it's one of Vancouver's BEST live music venues (great for sound and rubber tires underneath floor so that once the crowd gets heaving and dancing, the floor is springy underneath you).

But it's general admission instead of not assigned seats which to me sucks because I do want to be close to the stage (and I would have chosen that if available in seats) but I don't wanna be too close if it's just standing room only and everyone's pushing and shoving each other... u know what I mean ;-)

Anyway, tickets are $46.40 plus $4.70 Handling plus $6.20 Shipping. That's ALOT of money for a show at the Commodore. But, it's Mika, and we love him so what the ****, right? Ya only live once!!!

Thanks for the details about the venue, Kent! It sounds great. Yeah, the pushing and shoving at GA gigs can get out of hand. Let's hope people are polite that day, LOL! I'm still weighing the decision, but you're right, Mika is worth it. :biggrin2:

anyone know the age limit??? It would make my day if you said all ages. Okay and is it at the commodore ballroom or the orpheum? in Vancouver. Cause everywhere it says something else

It's the Commodore Ballroom and I can't make you any promises but I would think it's all ages, as the rest of the gigs are. I suggest you call the venue and ask rather than wait any longer to purchase tickets because this will sell out quickly once they are available to the general public.

anyone know the age limit??? It would make my day if you said all ages. Okay and is it at the commodore ballroom or the orpheum? in Vancouver. Cause everywhere it says something else

In my experience at the Commodore, it's usually 19+ because they serve alcohol (but maybe it's different for Mika?). It's really a shame b/c there a lot of young Mika fans who want to see him in concert.

Edit: I checked the Toronto venue and it is an all ages show while some of their other concerts are 19+. So I'm thinking it might be all ages at the Commodore. So maybe the ticket price is higher since the venue can't serve alcohol?

Edited by Finnegan

All ages shows are very common now in clubs serving alcohol, especially for Mika. He had one 18+ show in June in NYC but this was unusual and I still expect this is likely to be all ages unless we hear otherwise.

We'll try to find out for sure, but the thing is, these things are never certain.

For Mika's April gig in LA, it was all ages - they just checked IDs and gave you a stamp if you were over 21 and wanted to buy alcohol.

In NYC, we were told by Mika's managers directly that it was strictly 18+. Then on the day of the gig, security simply put a black "x" on the hands of fans who were underage - but they didn't check IDs to make sure people were indeed over 18. So in the end, under 18s would have been allowed in, just with an "x" on their hands so they couldn't try to buy alcohol.

But like I said, we'll do our best to find out for sure!

We'll try to find out for sure, but the thing is, these things are never certain.

For Mika's April gig in LA, it was all ages - they just checked IDs and gave you a stamp if you were over 21 and wanted to buy alcohol.

In NYC, we were told by Mika's managers directly that it was strictly 18+. Then on the day of the gig, security simply put a black "x" on the hands of fans who were underage - but they didn't check IDs to make sure people were indeed over 18. So in the end, under 18s would have been allowed in, just with an "x" on their hands so they couldn't try to buy alcohol.

But like I said, we'll do our best to find out for sure!

Great thanks!!:thumb_yello: