Mika on Jonathon Ross (PICTURE)

CazGirl

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when is this airing? I've completely lost track. And where can you watch it if you're outside the UK? Please?

Sorry Caz, didn't mean to quote you. My fingers just kinda hit the button.

It's airing tonight! I'm sure there's a link somewhere, probably in the other thread.

How do you play cricket?:wink2:

Very British I suppose?

Yes, cricket is a British spot! Slightly like rounders (also British I believe). there are two teams: batters and fielders. The bowler (guy who throws the ball) throws the ball to the batter and the batter has to hit it. If the ball hits the bars behind the batter, the batter is out.

That's as far as I know, and I've probably got it wrong anyway :aah:

I always played rounders, not cricket...

It airs later today at 10.35pm UK time on BBC 1. I use FilmOn to watch UK telly :naughty:

http://www.filmon.com/tv/index.php

Thanks. I tried to get that to work for me when that other special was on a week ago, but it didn't:thumbdown:

It's airing tonight! I'm sure there's a link somewhere, probably in the other thread.

Yes, cricket is a British spot! Slightly like rounders (also British I believe). there are two teams: batters and fielders. The bowler (guy who throws the ball) throws the ball to the batter and the batter has to hit it. If the ball hits the bars behind the batter, the batter is out.

Ah. And that answers a question I've had since I was a child. I'm very familiar with cricket, but never knew what rounders was.

Thanks. I tried to get that to work for me when that other special was on a week ago, but it didn't:thumbdown:

Ah. And that answers a question I've had since I was a child. I'm very familiar with cricket, but never knew what rounders was.

I have videos of me and my friends playing rounders on Facebook very badly? :teehee:

Can someone please figure out what the number of this episode is!:blink:

Friday Night with Jonathan Ross series 16 episode.......?

I would be ever so grateful!:wink2:

Season 17, Episode 1 (according to BBC America)

Thanks!:biggrin2:

What does he hit the ball with, a bat?

Similar to baseball?

actually, rounders I can explain.

2 teams: Fielders and batters.

There's a bowler who throws the ball to the batter. There is a backstop person behind the batter.

If the ball is thrown higher than the person's shoulder or lower than the person's waist, it's a foul ball. If the ball is thrown and the backstop catches it without the ball bouncing, the batter is out.

If the batter hits the ball, they have to run.

If the ball keeps fouling or the batter doesn't hit it the bowler can only throw the ball three times, and the batter has to run.

There are four posts dotted in a circular/square shape and one person guards each post, with fielders dotted everywhere else. The aim of the game is for the batter to run round the entire perimeter and to get back to where they started to get a home run. (bit like baseball?)

The point of the fielders is to catch the ball if it has been hit.

Like the backstop, if one person catches the ball without it bouncing the batter is out. If the ball has been rolling on the floor, then the fielder nearest has to pick it up and hit the ball on one of the posts or throw it back to the bowler.

If the batter is still running - say in between two posts - and the ball has been hit by a post or thrown back to the bowler, then the batter is out. If the batter has stayed by a post BEFORE the ball has been caught, the batter is in.

Each team gets 3 games and then they switch over.

I think that's everything :aah:

Edited by CazGirl

Yes Caz those are the fundamental rules of baseball I'd say. It gets more detailed into walks and what constitutes a strike and a foul ball, etc., but that's the basic idea.

ah, cool beans :thumb_yello:

I actually quite like rounders :naughty:

Only if I'm batting though, I hate fielding. I have a fear of balls hitting me and I can't catch or throw to save my life :aah: plus I'm really crap at running, I'm so slow :roftl:

Yes Caz those are the fundamental rules of baseball I'd say. It gets more detailed into walks and what constitutes a strike and a foul ball, etc., but that's the basic idea.

Thanks, cos I was thinking... "Surely Caz is describing baseball here?":naughty:

I did notice Caz that you said posts around the square. That's different. Does that bat resemble a baseball bat or a cricket bat? Do you pitch the ball on the full like baseball or do you bowl it like cricket, with a run up and a bounce halfway down the ...... thing... I want to say wicket but that's the thing the bowler is trying to knock down and I can't remember what the term is:aah:

Thanks, cos I was thinking... "Surely Caz is describing baseball here?":naughty:

I did notice Caz that you said posts around the square. That's different. Does that bat resemble a baseball bat or a cricket bat? Do you pitch the ball on the full like baseball or do you bowl it like cricket, with a run up and a bounce halfway down the ...... thing... I want to say wicket but that's the thing the bowler is trying to knock down and I can't remember what the term is:aah:

You have completely lost me :roftl:

The bat Mika has is a cricket bat? :lol3:

Not sure if that's just a promo shot, because of Stuart Broad (the cricket dude) being on there. As he had a major part in us winning back the Ashes.

Funny to see Mika wearing cricket gear though, love the gold glove, and are the pads supposed to be gold as well?

I think they are taking the rise of of Ricky, putting the small box on him, compared to Jamies, ha ha!

And Rounders makes crcket look like a game for babies, at least it did when I played it! We had none of these pads and helmets, went out in sport shirts and shorts, and hammered hell out of the ball! LOL!!!

You have completely lost me :roftl:

The bat Mika has is a cricket bat? :lol3:

I meant in rounders:blush-anim-cl: Is a baseball style bat used in rounders or a cricket bat? And nevermind about the whole pitching/bowling thing. I think that's just too confusing regardless.

Not sure if that's just a promo shot, because of Stuart Broad (the cricket dude) being on there. As he had a major part in us winning back the Ashes.

Funny to see Mika wearing cricket gear though, love the gold glove, and are the pads supposed to be gold as well?

I think they are taking the rise of of Ricky, putting the small box on him, compared to Jamies, ha ha!

And Rounders makes crcket look like a game for babies, at least it did when I played it! We had none of these pads and helmets, went out in sport shirts and shorts, and hammered hell out of the ball! LOL!!!

Exactly it! With rounders you get no protection. Like British football and American football. Us Brits are hardnuts going out in shorts and t-shirts, the americans in their big shoulder pads and helmets :roftl:

Exactly it! With rounders you get no protection. Like British football and American football. Us Brits are hardnuts going out in shorts and t-shirts, the americans in their big shoulder pads and helmets :roftl:

But soccer is supposed to be a noncontact sport, whereas gridiron is definitely a contact sport!

Unless you're talking about rugby by British football?