Mika on Arte culture! 2009

melman92

Okay, I tried to translate as good as possible, there are probably mistakes or things I interpreted differently but oh well :roftl: Sometimes I just don't hear anything, not the french or the english :aah:

We hope that Mika’s mother isn’t watching this episode of arte culture because the following images may shock her. Her son has ignored superstition and accepted to draw the tarot cards for us. Of course you know Mika, he’s the pop phenomenon who sold more than 6 milion copies of his debut album worldwide the past two years. He comes back with 'the boy who knew too much' and the least you can say is that this boy doesn’t really grow up.

Your childhood dreams:

I think some of my childhood dreams have come true, but not without sacrifices. Sometimes I just look around and I’m just like: wow, I’ve got nothing except for my music and what I do at my shows. And I suppose that’s why it’s something I just throw everything into.

Send a text to the pope:

I would ask him to be more tolerant. I would ask him to bring the roman catholic church to a place where it would have more relevance to more people like me, younger people.

I’m angered by the church because of different things. Their point of view towards aids, suicide, birth control, homosexuality... all those things. And I’d tell him, that if he’s capable of getting texts he should go on the internet and discover what the problems are.

What’s this? Death? Right, we all have to die sometime. I really hope that you’re not a psychic because otherwise I’m screwed.

Come on! Give me something optimistic!

Criticize your own work:

I wish I was a better pianist because I’m self-taught. I wish I could read notes and I wish I wasn’t always so busy and that I could just… you know, I dunno, no, I’m not gonna criticize my work because I’m at the start of my career and I still have a long way ahead of me. I don’t have to live in function of the papers the next day, I have to live, in function of who I want to be in ten years time. I think that’s something you got to stick to, even though it’s hard sometimes.

Edited by Droopsy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I tried to translate as good as possible, there are probably mistakes or things I interpreted differently but oh well :roftl: Sometimes I just don't hear anything, not the french or the english :aah:

We hope that Mika’s mother isn’t watching this episode of arte culture because the following images may shock her. Her son has ignored superstition and accepted to draw the tarot cards for us. Of course you know Mika, he’s the pop phenomenon who sold more than 6 milion copies of his debut album worldwide the past two years. He comes back with 'the boy who knew too much' and the least you can say is that this boy doesn’t really grow up.

Your childhood dreams:

I think some of my childhood dreams have come true, but not without sacrifices. Sometimes I just look around and I’m just like: wow, I’ve got nothing except for my music and what I do at my shows. And I suppose that’s why it’s something I just throw everything into.

Send a text to the pope:

I would ask him to be more tolerant. I would ask him to bring the roman catholic church to a place where it would have more relevance to more people like me, younger people.

I’m angered by the church because of different things. Their point of view towards aids, suicide, birth control, homosexuality... all those things. And I’d tell him, that if he’s capable of getting texts he should go on the internet and discover what the problems are.

What’s this? Death? Right, we all have to die sometime. I really hope that you’re not a psychic because otherwise I’m screwed.

Come on! Give me something optimistic!

Criticize your own work:

I wish I was a better pianist because I’m self-tauhgt. I wish I could read notes and I wish I wasn’t always so busy and that I could just… you know, I dunno, no, I’m not gonna criticize my work because I’m at the start of my career and I still have a long way ahead of me. I don’t have to live in function of the papers the next day, I have to live, in function of who I want to be in ten years time. I think that’s something you got to stick to, even though it’s hard sometimes.

Thank you :huglove:

thank you girls!! :flowers2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/355h4u

This is not the right title :teehee:

The video seems to work only with VLC ....

can't download it

Uploaded to youtube as well' date=' quality isn't that good tho.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0a41FImoVE[/color']

Edited by mari62

• 1 year later...

*fixed youtube link

2009.09.09 - Mika @ Arte Culture

edit:

i've found the original video !

Emission du 9 septembre 2009

Mika - The boy who knew too much

http://www.arte.tv/fr/Echappees-culturelles/ARTE-culture/2844946.html

Les confessions de Mika dans notre interview Tarot

C'est à Londres que nous avons rencontré le chanteur Mika. Mika est tout en un: auteur, compositeur, interprète et producteur- prêt à lancer sur le devant de la scène son deuxième album.

Son nouvel album qui va sortir le 21 septembre 2009 a changé de titre : ce n'est plus "We Are Golden" mais "The Man Who Knew Too Much" (L'homme qui en savait trop). Cet opus a la lourde tâche de faire aussi bien que "Life in Cartoon Motion" et ses cinq millions d'exemplaires vendus: un beau challenge qui fait preuve d'une créativité musicale très réflechie.

Ce soir nous en avons profité pour tirer les cartes du tarot avec lui. Les confessions de Mika dans notre interview Tarot.

Edited by nicoleta