"Signed" copies of the album at Play.com

ktwhoopi

This is what my friends did:

we phoned them up and found out, then wrote back -

"Well you were right. The distributors failed to send play.com any signed copies whatsoever. So they have cancelled the order. All well and good, but as I said to them, it would have been polite to notify us that they didn't have any signed copies available."

my guess is they'll cancel the order :dunno:

my guess is that Mika didnt sign them because a.) he couldnt be bothered or b.) he cahnged his mind and he doesnt want to 'sell' his signature (like some artists only sign stuff personally, or at least adressed to a name, they dont sell their signature.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it's just a case of they don't physically have the signed copies in their possession yet, but that Mika will sign them (!) and they will have them in good time to be despatched to those who ordered them?? (Hope so, cos' that includes me!).

As already pointed out, Mika did say he had 2,500 to sign - I can't believe that he'd disappoint fans by not doing it or doing only a few or so that they have to be posted out late.... It has to be said though that on my Account on Play.com my order doesn't mention anything about 'signed' so I admit now I'm worried (but trying not to be!) :dunno:

Do I cancel this then ... cos' I only ordered the limited edition signed copy because it was signed .... I have the deluxe coming anyway .... :aah: Says on my email it's Limited Edition ... but only normal on the order page I've just brought up on Play.com :(

I'm not very happy :aah:

I've cancelled it ... I'll get him to sign my deluxe copy myself when I see him next :wink2:

Sucks though ... cos' some people can't see him and this might have been they're only chance to get something signed ... I don't know why sometimes he can't follow through with stuff ... or TM - depending on who's ****ed up this time :aah:

I just checked mine, the e mail I received when I ordered def says signed, but my order on Play.com doesn't say that it is signed, maybe they just didn't put that it was signed on the order page, I'm well confused now. :blink:

Maybe Mika will finally get round to signing the cd's that are in his entrance hall when he gets fed up of tripping over them :teehee::naughty:

Edited by ewokwicket

I just rang play.com and they told me 2 things which seem to contradict each other

1) Your order doesn't say anything about being signed

2) If your email says you ordered a signed one you'll get a signed one- and if you don't we'll pay the return postage cos you won't have recevied what you paid for

Maybe they've got some other record that says who's who when it comes to receiving signed ones- always assuming they get any signed ones. This helpdesk woman hasn't been given a message about there not being any though- so they're being a bit inconsistent if they've told other customers that.

I'm not gonna cancel my order, though I've a feeling that under English law the refund of postage isn't an automatic right (signed and unsigned products being deemed to be substantially the same)

I just rang play.com and they told me 2 things which seem to contradict each other

2) If your email says you ordered a signed one you'll get a signed one- and if you don't we'll pay the return postage cos you won't have recevied what you paid for

Maybe they've got some other record that says who's who when it comes to receiving signed ones- always assuming they get any signed ones. This helpdesk woman hasn't been given a message about there not being any though- so they're being a bit inconsistent if they've told other customers that.

I'm not gonna cancel my order, though I've a feeling that under English law the refund of postage isn't an automatic right (signed and unsigned products being deemed to be substantially the same)

Thanks for that, I'm not going to cancel mine either, I'll see what turns up as it does say in my e mail that it is signed and if not, well, I have an extra copy of TBWKTM, no big deal is it? One for the car and one to play in the house :thumb_yello::naughty:

Thx for telling :thumb_yello:

i ordered a signed copy from play.com but i haven't got an email back telling me whats happening :( help me please :(

You should have had an email by return when you placed your order- and that's all anybody's had. On the phone they seem to have said different things to me and anotehr MFCer

i ordered a signed copy from play.com but i haven't got an email back telling me whats happening :( help me please :(

I haven't received a mail, either.

So I'll wait until the week of the release or until people start receiving the CDs

You should have had an email by return when you placed your order- and that's all anybody's had. On the phone they seem to have said different things to me and anotehr MFCer

I haven't received a mail, either.

So I'll wait until the week of the release or until people start receiving the CDs

thanks guys that helps me alot i know whats happeing now...roughly, i still need to recieve an email...i hope they get signed copies in at the last minute and we get what we paid for :( as long as i get my cd i'll be happy....btw does anyone know any other mj fans. it's weird mj fans and mika fans seems to have come together...if that makes sense to anyone lol :biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...
Has anybody received his signed (or not signed) copy from play.com???

I got a mail on Thu, 17. Sep 2009: "your order has been posted" ... "Please allow 3-5 days delivery".

I didn't receive anything...

same here, but i know someone got it

Has anybody received his signed (or not signed) copy from play.com???

I got a mail on Thu, 17. Sep 2009: "your order has been posted" ... "Please allow 3-5 days delivery".

I didn't receive anything...

yes i got mine last tuesday and it really is signed :shocked:

like i was thinking it would just be photocopy :shocked:

i love it put away with the rest of my mika things :wink2:

sure yours will come soon