Win a private piano lesson with MIKA & other merch - North American fans

Blue Sky

I saw on Twitter the other day that some guy in Toronto said he

had won tickets to Mika's show. I meant to tweet at him and ask

which competition it is -- if it was this Golden Ticket one. But I got

distracted, and then I lost track of the tweet... :blush-anim-cl:

But I have a feeling it WAS this competition. So hopefully next week

we US people will start to hear something... unfortunately Monday is

a holiday. :eek: So we'll have to wait until Tuesday...

hhhmmm dosen't UPS run 7 days a week - 365 days a year - through rain/snow/hail/sleet/hurricanes/tropical depressions/heat waves/tornadoes/avalanches/mudslides . . . :fisch:

:roftl:

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to meet him. You know I've gone to a crap load of concerts(still a Mika Concert Virgin) but I've never been lucky enough for a meet n' greet of a male musican I really really loved. The closest I've ever got was being 12 years old and seeing Micky Dolenz in a car going into the Six Flags stadiumn prior to a concert. A picture with him would be ridiculous cuz I'm 5 foot tall I'd have to stand on a stool or something XD

hhhmmm dosen't UPS run 7 days a week - 365 days a year - through rain/snow/hail/sleet/hurricanes/tropical depressions/heat waves/tornadoes/avalanches/mudslides . . . :fisch:

Monday through Saturday I thought... but I dunno. I know that for work I never see a Saturday delivery.. of course the only packages I look at are large appliance parts.

I want to meet him. You know I've gone to a crap load of concerts(still a Mika Concert Virgin) but I've never been lucky enough for a meet n' greet of a male musican I really really loved. The closest I've ever got was being 12 years old and seeing Micky Dolenz in a car going into the Six Flags stadiumn prior to a concert. A picture with him would be ridiculous cuz I'm 5 foot tall I'd have to stand on a stool or something XD

Oooohhhh I saw Micky Dolenz up close when I was like 9 years old! That was AWESOME!!! Even though I had a HUGE crush on Davy!!! :das: And that is hilarious cause he is like 40 years older then me! :roftl: Aaahhh I have been SO LUCKY! I do not take it for granted!!!! I have met Mika 3 times and each time was beyond amazing!!! And my Rufus experience MY GAWD nothing in my life will ever top that - no matter HOW long I live! But, I just want a pic with Meeks! So, I can look at it EVERYDAY <specially when I am sad> Like I do with my Ru pics - oh and it would keep the roaches away! Haven't seen ONE since I hung my pics with Ru EVERYWHERE! :roftl:

Oooohhhh I saw Micky Dolenz up close when I was like 9 years old! That was AWESOME!!! Even though I had a HUGE crush on Davy!!! :das: And that is hilarious cause he is like 40 years older then me! :roftl: Aaahhh I have been SO LUCKY! I do not take it for granted!!!! I have met Mika 3 times and each time was beyond amazing!!! And my Rufus experience MY GAWD nothing in my life will ever top that - no matter HOW long I live! But, I just want a pic with Meeks! So, I can look at it EVERYDAY <specially when I am sad> Like I do with my Ru pics - oh and it would keep the roaches away! Haven't seen ONE since I hung my pics with Ru EVERYWHERE! :roftl:

My mom spoke to Micky on the phone once as well. She drew him a portrait and sent it to him. I'm having her draw me a Mika portrait but I'm going to be selfish and keep it. Originally I wanted her to do John Lennon but we never got around to designing it. She's making it as my christmas presesnt lol thoguh she hasn't started yet I'm still hunting base pictures for it. Once it's done. I might tweet him a picture of it eventually thoguh XD.

Micky Dolenz is a sweet heart. Very reserved at concerts thoguh I think that is why we always missed the meet and greets. Peter Tork's never played down here when I could go so I've never seen him. I was so crazy for them even thoguh they are 35 years older than me. The joy of being a second gen fan. Thats why Meeks tickles me. I've never adored someone who was within my age group.. ever. It's very surreal. And to relate this back to Meeks... The Monkees wrote songs and a movie with Harry Nielson.. and Meeks knows who Harry Neilson is. Bwhahaa.. man I should go to be I'm getting slap happy but I dun wanna.

My mom spoke to Micky on the phone once as well. She drew him a portrait and sent it to him. I'm having her draw me a Mika portrait but I'm going to be selfish and keep it. Originally I wanted her to do John Lennon but we never got around to designing it. She's making it as my christmas presesnt lol thoguh she hasn't started yet I'm still hunting base pictures for it. Once it's done. I might tweet him a picture of it eventually thoguh XD.

Micky Dolenz is a sweet heart. Very reserved at concerts thoguh I think that is why we always missed the meet and greets. Peter Tork's never played down here when I could go so I've never seen him. I was so crazy for them even thoguh they are 35 years older than me. The joy of being a second gen fan. Thats why Meeks tickles me. I've never adored someone who was within my age group.. ever. It's very surreal. And to relate this back to Meeks... The Monkees wrote songs and a movie with Harry Nielson.. and Meeks knows who Harry Neilson is. Bwhahaa.. man I should go to be I'm getting slap happy but I dun wanna.

I love grapes.

I need to get addicted to that! I am addicted to coke.

<coca cola> not the other stuff! :roftl:

I get teased at work about the fact that I've always got a can of dr. pepper on me (I bring it from home cuz it's too expensive in the machines) I'm like hey... you take Smoke breaks.. I have Dp breaks. :P They seem to think the the DP is worse.. but hey one does not get lung cancer from DP.. :teehee:

I get teased at work about the fact that I've always got a can of dr. pepper on me (I bring it from home cuz it's too expensive in the machines) I'm like hey... you take Smoke breaks.. I have Dp breaks. :P They seem to think the the DP is worse.. but hey one does not get lung cancer from DP.. :teehee:

I use to get teased at work about my Rufus pics. I had one on every avaliable inch of space - in my car over my visor <so i can look at him when I am driving> I have a pic of Ru stuck everywhere you could imagine! :teehee:

Hee Hee Rufus is lovely too thoguh I'm shamed to admit I only have two of his songs and thats only because I really really love the movie Shrek.

I've been behaving with my Mika madness not as crazy with the pictures as I've been in the past in my other fan girl squee escapades. Thoguh I've got about 8 pictures of him on my phone which go in a slide show when my phone is turned on and not in shut down mode so I'm definatly slipping in that direction. Oh well. Everyone knows I'm a bit of a nutty monkee so it's not a huge surprise.

Days of Operation

UPS 2009 Holiday Schedule

In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

Memorial Day - May 25, 2009*

Independence Day - July 4, 2009*

Labor Day - September 7, 2009*

Thanksgiving Day - November 26, 2009*

Day after Thanksgiving - November 27, 2009**

Christmas Day - December 25, 2009*

New Year's Eve - December 31, 2009**

New Year's Day - January 1, 2010*

In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 19, 2009

Lincoln's Birthday - February 12, 2009

Valentine's Day - February 14, 2009

President's Day - February 16, 2009

Washington's Birthday - February 16, 2009

Ash Wednesday - February 25, 2009

St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2009

Passover - April 9, 2009

Good Friday - April 10, 2009

Flag Day - June 14, 2009

Rosh Hashanah - September 19, 2009

Yom Kippur - September 28, 2009

Columbus Day - October 12, 2009

Veteran's Day - November 11, 2009

Hanukkah - December 12, 2009

Christmas Eve - December 24, 2009***

WOO HOO that means deliveries WILL be made on Monday!!! :kachinga:

Hee Hee Rufus is lovely too thoguh I'm shamed to admit I only have two of his songs and thats only because I really really love the movie Shrek.

I've been behaving with my Mika madness not as crazy with the pictures as I've been in the past in my other fan girl squee escapades. Thoguh I've got about 8 pictures of him on my phone which go in a slide show when my phone is turned on and not in shut down mode so I'm definatly slipping in that direction. Oh well. Everyone knows I'm a bit of a nutty monkee so it's not a huge surprise.

OH GAWD . . . you should get a couple of his albums!!! :swoon: He is :das: in every way! I LOVE MIKA!!!! But, I **** **** *** *** **** Rufus! :teehee:

Days of Operation

UPS 2009 Holiday Schedule

In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 19, 2009

Lincoln's Birthday - February 12, 2009

Valentine's Day - February 14, 2009

President's Day - February 16, 2009

Washington's Birthday - February 16, 2009

Ash Wednesday - February 25, 2009

St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2009

Passover - April 9, 2009

Good Friday - April 10, 2009

Flag Day - June 14, 2009

Rosh Hashanah - September 19, 2009

Yom Kippur - September 28, 2009

Columbus Day - October 12, 2009

Veteran's Day - November 11, 2009

Hanukkah - December 12, 2009

Christmas Eve - December 24, 2009***

WOO HOO that means deliveries WILL be made on Monday!!! :kachinga:

Well, that's good news -- but no deliveries Saturday, huh? At least

no UPS here on Saturdays. Not that it matters -- I really don't expect to

win :naughty:

Well, that's good news -- but no deliveries Saturday, huh? At least

no UPS here on Saturdays. Not that it matters -- I really don't expect to

win :naughty:

Those silly UPS Men/Chicks. Gettin' a day off when they should be out delievering the golden tickets. XD

UPS delivers on Saturday in some limited locations. I have a friend that is a driver.

As for me, No brown truck today, not even muffins.

Although I DID get more pen samples at work and my heart did just a little flutter for a moment when I saw the Ups package.

If they are sending them in the order of the shows, then I have a long wait for Seattle!

I did get good news with a ticket dispatch email!

Or Oakland! You could come to Oakland! :bleh:

:roftl: We all know Holly.

Yup! :naughty:

:lmao: You have me pegged! :freak:

After the show . . MIKA MIKA MIKA - where is my golden ticket? hhhmmm maybe it will arrive tomorrow, right!!!! :biggrin2:

What would you do if you left your house for his gig only to return and see the golden ticket?! :boxed: