BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

Yay! I hate doing camera work, I had to film our entire Waking up in Vegas video (in Southend, LOL! some people will know where this is, but we were totally pretending it was Vegas) and it was massively cold and I didn't enjoy it. And I hate going through all the white balance, exposure, focus pulling etc etc so that's great that you want that job. (She says as though it'll happen).

But I think he totally SHOULD do that. Maybe we should all tweet him, as to borrow him for a day and we can make a better video than the one that his record company probably paid a shiny (and wasted) penny for.

Oh and it's at some point in PUTOF just over his shoulder.

We can co-direct! In fact we should just have a big meeting around a massive table and draw up a story board so everyone gets their input and it's all great and MFC-ified.

Baaaah I had this total vision and then he comes out with that...:( I don't *dislike* it, but...bah. I like his moves and I like how the camera follows him but it just feels a bit slapdash.

defenitly- and noy leak it online, but make a DVD out of it, for him and us...

i love camera work- i hate being in front of the camera, Im no good at yelling or telling people what to do, and Im not creative one bit- so good thing I like the camera :naughty:

we need to bring it up to him- defenitly... :naughty: i can image a few MFCrs playing roles on this clip :roftl: too good...

yes- I saw...

No dear! I have proper PJs....

That's just a t-shirt...My first PEANUTS t-shirt...then it came the PJs and then the underwear I wore at the first gig! :teehee:

:roftl:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm directing his videos the boy's gonna wear socks with his shoes whether he likes it or not. Unless, of course, they're sandals, flip flops or another type of shoe where barefoot is either expected or acceptable.

I swear, if he ever wears converse with bare feet I will send him an outraged tweet, converse get RUINED by bare feet.

Oh God, it's really become a 'thing' with me hasn't it?

No worries, I have the same thing with shoes and socks!:teehee:

I love to hear how you stand by your opinion on this :thumb_yello: no sloppy chasseure while we are around!:naughty:

Here's the vid of biotg from Later with Jools Holland.

Oh wow, I recognise this!:roftl:

This program is even shown in Swedish TV :biggrin2: maybe a year or so after the recording…. but still….who am I to complain!:teehee:

I can stop looking at torrent sites and just wait……:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks Babs! You've done a lot of work for us today, is it raining where you are too?:wink2:

I agree! Let's say....29th of March 2010 in Vienna? :mf_rosetinted::lol3:

I would like to be the shrink or something (he'll need it if he'll work with MFC!)...or the make-up girl! :biggrin2::wink2:

Ill be there :naughty:

yes- make up gir... havnt thought of that... would love to design his outfit with his mom... or his siters.. :blush-anim-cl:

Ill settle for camera girl though :roftl:

I agree! Let's say....29th of March 2010 in Vienna? :mf_rosetinted::lol3:

I would like to be the shrink or something (he'll need it if he'll work with MFC!)...or the make-up girl!

Yeah, 29th of March it is. :biggrin2: We should TOTALLY suggest it to him. And make up girl would be SUCH a great job (and your face painting skills totally qualify you for the job!). You get to touch his face and that without him being freaked out, hahaha.

Oh god imagine the conversation. :roftl:

"Yeah, we thought we'd cover you in chocolate body paint..."

"Really?"

"Yeah, shirt off!"

"Okay..."

defenitly- and noy leak it online, but make a DVD out of it, for him and us...

i love camera work- i hate being in front of the camera, Im no good at yelling or telling people what to do, and Im not creative one bit- so good thing I like the camera :naughty:

we need to bring it up to him- defenitly... :naughty: i can image a few MFCrs playing roles on this clip :roftl: too good...

yes- I saw...

I bet you are creative, you just don't realise it. Photography's a very arty subject and there's a difference between a picture taken by someone with their digital camera just to keep a record of a moment and a properly composed picture with the right depth of field and all those other kinds of technical things that I never really bothered learning.

I'd LOVE to spend all day telling Mika what to do, that'd be awesome.

I love to hear how you stand by your opinion on this :thumb_yello:no sloppy chasseure while we are around!

OMG the bolded part actually had me crying with laughter. You're so great!

Ill be there :naughty:

yes- make up gir... havnt thought of that... would love to design his outfit with his mom... or his siters.. :blush-anim-cl:

Ill settle for camera girl though

Yay! See you there!!! This is gonna be such a fun gig. :aah:

AAAH only problem with MQ is that there are too many smilies! Sorry girls, I'mma have to delete some!!

Yeah, 29th of March it is. :biggrin2: We should TOTALLY suggest it to him. And make up girl would be SUCH a great job (and your face painting skills totally qualify you for the job!). You get to touch his face and that without him being freaked out, hahaha.

Oh god imagine the conversation. :roftl:

"Yeah, we thought we'd cover you in chocolate body paint..."

"Really?"

"Yeah, shirt off!"

"Okay..."

Oh yeah! :biggrin2::roftl:

Tho you know I actually wanted to be the real director - the girl in the chair (that's what I really want to be for real not only for Mika's vids...but we'll talk more when we meet! :wink2: ) but as long as the converastion about this started before me being here, I could live with actually being part of it and getting to do his make-up!

Oh noo....not chocolate...c'mon... but you know he'd need the powder every now and then and ...yeah you were right...

We should create a group of people who would want this: like you, me, Inbar, and Fangirl and twitt him our idea! :naughty:

Oh yeah! :biggrin2::roftl:

Tho you know I actually wanted to be the real director - the girl in the chair (that's what I really want to be for real not only for Mika's vids...but we'll talk more when we meet! :wink2: ) but as long as the converastion about this started before me being here, I could live with actually being part of it and getting to do his make-up!

Oh noo....not chocolate...c'mon... but you know he'd need the powder every now and then and ...yeah you were right...

We should create a group of people who would want this: like you, me, Inbar, and Fangirl and twitt him our idea! :naughty:

Ahhh you can have a chair if you like. Tbh it'd probably end up being more of a group thing anyway rather than a directing having their own one focused idea and telling people that's how it's done, because I bet together we'll come up with a fab idea and talk about the best ways to execute it and then someone is given the microphone and the chair while someone else is given the camera etc etc.

I'll shot gun the editing now, and you can be director, yeah?

OHHH if you come to London for uni we should TOTALLY do some short films/music videos/whatver you like together. It's always quite difficult if you're on your own and you've got an idea but if there's a couple of you then it gets a bit easier and you end up encouraging each other.

I don't personally see the appeal of chocolate body paint tbh but it's a way to get him to strip. :naughty:

I love to hear how you stand by your opinion on this :thumb_yello: no sloppy chasseure while we are around!:naughty:

Oh wow, I recognise this!:roftl:

This program is even shown in Swedish TV :biggrin2: maybe a year or so after the recording…. but still….who am I to complain!:teehee:

I can stop looking at torrent sites and just wait……:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks Babs! You've done a lot of work for us today, is it raining where you are too?:wink2:

I don't know. I haven't opened the curtains yet.....:teehee:

Ahhh you can have a chair if you like. Tbh it'd probably end up being more of a group thing anyway rather than a directing having their own one focused idea and telling people that's how it's done, because I bet together we'll come up with a fab idea and talk about the best ways to execute it and then someone is given the microphone and the chair while someone else is given the camera etc etc.

I'll shot gun the editing now, and you can be director, yeah?

OHHH if you come to London for uni we should TOTALLY do some short films/music videos/whatver you like together. It's always quite difficult if you're on your own and you've got an idea but if there's a couple of you then it gets a bit easier and you end up encouraging each other.

I don't personally see the appeal of chocolate body paint tbh but it's a way to get him to strip. :naughty:

OK SOUNDS GREAT!!! :biggrin2:

Sure! You'll have all the editing to yourself!

we totally should!!! The cohen sisters! :naughty:

I'm not to keen on collaborating with someone else for example at these Shakespeare plays I'm doing now because I have my fixed ideas now of my own and if someone interferres I get angry...BUT if I were to have collaborated with someone from the very beggining it's fine! :wink2:

Good idea then! :roftl:

OK SOUNDS GREAT!!! :biggrin2:

Sure! You'll have all the editing to yourself!

we totally should!!! The cohen sisters! :naughty:

I'm not to keen on collaborating with someone else for example at these Shakespeare plays I'm doing now because I have my fixed ideas now of my own and if someone interferres I get angry...BUT if I were to have collaborated with someone from the very beggining it's fine! :wink2:

Good idea then! :roftl:

Hahaha excellent! I loooove editing. :wub2: I'm such a perfectionist that everything has to be dead on and cut on the exact moment that it needs to be. This video actually irritated me because it seemed like the editor and camera operator (and director, really, because he's the one calling the shots) had this 'that'll do' attitude and when you're working in that business you CAN'T have that. I mean, look at how precise and on the beat WAG was. That had the potential to be SUCH a boring video but Jonas and Mika totally nailed it.

Did you see the cross dissolve that went into the aerial shot of the dancers? That totally screamed at me 'we didn't film enough but this is a cool shot don't you think? We'll use a mediocre transition to switch to it as well and you'll think it was supposed to be there all along...'

Okay, enough slagging it off. I don't like slagging it off because it has some really nice bits...but the one in my head was better and that's always difficult to deal with.

Yeah, if you've started your own project then of course it gets irritating if someone comes in and starts changing things around, but if you create something with someone else then you bounce ideas off of each other and end up with this final idea which has the best of both of you put into it and that's what you stay with because it is ONE final idea, not two final ideas competing, if you get what I mean.

Why must I always write SO MUCH? Flippin' heck!

Hahaha excellent! I loooove editing. :wub2: I'm such a perfectionist that everything has to be dead on and cut on the exact moment that it needs to be. This video actually irritated me because it seemed like the editor and camera operator (and director, really, because he's the one calling the shots) had this 'that'll do' attitude and when you're working in that business you CAN'T have that. I mean, look at how precise and on the beat WAG was. That had the potential to be SUCH a boring video but Jonas and Mika totally nailed it.

Did you see the cross dissolve that went into the aerial shot of the dancers? That totally screamed at me 'we didn't film enough but this is a cool shot don't you think? We'll use a mediocre transition to switch to it as well and you'll think it was supposed to be there all along...'

Okay, enough slagging it off. I don't like slagging it off because it has some really nice bits...but the one in my head was better and that's always difficult to deal with.

Yeah, if you've started your own project then of course it gets irritating if someone comes in and starts changing things around, but if you create something with someone else then you bounce ideas off of each other and end up with this final idea which has the best of both of you put into it and that's what you stay with because it is ONE final idea, not two final ideas competing, if you get what I mean.

Why must I always write SO MUCH? Flippin' heck!

Well..tbh I think this was a video made in a hurry as apparently Mika hasn't got the time to stay and think it out well because he had to do all this promo...but it sucks as I let myself be surprised without "squeezing" my brains for an idea for it....and I wasn't but I can live with it!

Yeah! I've seen it! That could've been such a great shot... :sad:

It has it's nice bits but they're too little...

I totally do! :wink2:

:lol3:

Well..tbh I think this was a video made in a hurry as apparently Mika hasn't got the time to stay and think it out well because he had to do all this promo...but it sucks as I let myself be surprised without "squeezing" my brains for an idea for it....and I wasn't but I can live with it!

Yeah! I've seen it! That could've been such a great shot... :sad:

It has it's nice bits but they're too little...

I totally do! :wink2:

:lol3:

I think they just decided to see who wrote the best treatment and the video probably sounded more exciting on paper than what was expressed on screen. The painful thing is that it DID have potential, it just needed to have been done properly - if you're having him on set for two days then you use those two days as fully as you possibly can, you don't mess around having tea breaks and saying 'oh this might look cool...' When you're on that type of time limit, you have a storyboard and you stick with it. You don't have weeks and weeks to do reshoots like you do on films, and as my tutor always said 'always film more than you need!!'

Ah, if you understand my awful ways of explaining things then I'm sure nothing will be able to stop us in our creative endeavours. :aah:

well, it seems like many future video's director, are making their comments, and i love reading your thoughts! i have to say you have wonderful ideas!:thumb_yello:

about the video, i loved it!:wub2:

i think it's great, the colours, the effects (specially at the beginning),the dancers,the atmosphere...i really liked it and enjoyed it!...and now i can't wait for more videos from this album, and i hope in next times, we all feel pleased with them!:wink2:

I think they just decided to see who wrote the best treatment and the video probably sounded more exciting on paper than what was expressed on screen. The painful thing is that it DID have potential, it just needed to have been done properly - if you're having him on set for two days then you use those two days as fully as you possibly can, you don't mess around having tea breaks and saying 'oh this might look cool...' When you're on that type of time limit, you have a storyboard and you stick with it. You don't have weeks and weeks to do reshoots like you do on films, and as my tutor always said 'always film more than you need!!'

Ah, if you understand my awful ways of explaining things then I'm sure nothing will be able to stop us in our creative endeavours. :aah:

Actually I was really thinking about Mika's involvement in this video. I was imagining a meeting with the director similar to this:

director: "So Mika, what do you have in mind?"

Mika: "Well, you see, sir, I was thinking about something to remind of "a clockwork orange" you know with all those manequins and I wanted to keep the cromatic side in a 60's like tone with faded colors not very garish. And was thinking about pointing out somehow the "boys and girls" thing...something similar to Katy Perry's outfit from the EMA's of last year...but not THE SAME. What do you think?

director: I see what you mean and I have a great idea about how it should turn out! I just don't have and camera guys for the moment...would you mind if we'd shoot it by fixing the cameras on some book piles? Or if I run accross the sets holding the camera?

Mika: :blink: if you think it's fine...

director: Ok...I'll see you tomorrow! We have only 1 hour to do it!

Sorry to be this harsh!

Sounds great! :biggrin2:

Actually I was really thinking about Mika's involvement in this video. I was imagining a meeting with the director similar to this:

director: "So Mika, what do you have in mind?"

Mika: "Well, you see, sir, I was thinking about something to remind of "a clockwork orange" you know with all those manequins and I wanted to keep the cromatic side in a 60's like tone with faded colors not very garish. And was thinking about pointing out somehow the "boys and girls" thing...something similar to Katy Perry's outfit from the EMA's of last year...but not THE SAME. What do you think?

director: I see what you mean and I have a great idea about how it should turn out! I just don't have and camera guys for the moment...would you mind if we'd shoot it by fixing the cameras on some book piles? Or if I run accross the sets holding the camera?

Mika: :blink: if you think it's fine...

director: Ok...I'll see you tomorrow! We have only 1 hour to do it!

Sorry to be this harsh!

Sounds great! :biggrin2:

Hahah yeah that's totally what happened!

It doesn't really scream 'MIKA!' at me like his other videos have so I think he either had the seedlings of an idea or he was just not very involved in the pre-production side of things.

I did love him posing amongst the naked mannequins though, that was really cool. And the bowler hat/cane thing was TOTALLY Clockwork. It properly freaks me out that he seems majorly obsessed with being Droog-like atm cos...that's not healthy.

Although when he has the eye make-up it IS kind of sexy, but whatever. :naughty:

Hahah yeah that's totally what happened!

It doesn't really scream 'MIKA!' at me like his other videos have so I think he either had the seedlings of an idea or he was just not very involved in the pre-production side of things.

I did love him posing amongst the naked mannequins though, that was really cool. And the bowler hat/cane thing was TOTALLY Clockwork. It properly freaks me out that he seems majorly obsessed with being Droog-like atm cos...that's not healthy.

Although when he has the eye make-up it IS kind of sexy, but whatever. :naughty:

No it sure doesn't and if he had any idea of making it look more mature (the video I mean) it wasn't the best idea! :huh:

Me too! :wub2: The hat...I would've hated the color in other circumstance but here with the rest of the outfit is cool! It is better to act like it then being one!

I hated the make-up when he wore it at iTUNES! But I ended up loving it and ...well...take it for granted! :aah: That's what happened to Mika-himself in the end for me: at first I used to hate him and then...here I am! :lol3:

No it sure doesn't and if he had any idea of making it look more mature (the video I mean) it wasn't the best idea! :huh:

Me too! :wub2: The hat...I would've hated the color in other circumstance but here with the rest of the outfit is cool! It is better to act like it then being one!

I hated the make-up when he wore it at iTUNES! But I ended up loving it and ...well...take it for granted! :aah: That's what happened to Mika-himself in the end for me: at first I used to hate him and then...here I am! :lol3:

It was too contained really, and relied too heavily on choreography.

Yeeeah the hat looked good with the whole outfit but if I'd seen him wearing it with a different outfit I would have been a bit :shocked:

Hahah you're definitely right that it's better to look like one rather than actually BE one. He's all right as long as he doesn't beat me to death with a sculpture of a...well, anyway.

I think it looked a bit odd with the dungarees but when I saw the pictures of him wearing it with that blue cardigan it was just really amazing and I don't know why, cos if I saw someone wearing the same outfit walking down the street with that make-up I'd be a bit like 'okaaaay' but cos it was him and I know he was wearing it on stage it was just amazing, hahaha. :wub2: