BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

Hahah you're definitely right that it's better to look like one rather than actually BE one. He's all right as long as he doesn't beat me to death with a sculpture of a...well, anyway.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: I know! that was the weirdest scene of the whole movie...let's not mention that the movie itself is very very weird but oh well...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: I know! that was the weirdest scene of the whole movie...let's not mention that the movie itself is very very weird but oh well...

Yeah, it is a weird movie...probably a revelationary statement at its time of release and says a lot about crime and punishment but it's a bit...much.

It did give me nightmares for a few nights. I kept thinking he was standing over me when I shut my eyes to go to sleep, hahaha.

I wouldn't mind Mika standing over me when I try to go to sleep. Actually, that'd be a bit weird. I'd tell him to sit down or something and get him a cuppa tea.

Wow!

You all have some great ideas & obviously some talent.

Why don't the four or six of you( I hope I included everybody that posted an idea here ) choose a song off of TBWKTM that doesn't have a vid yet & start coming up with ideas for a kewl vid????

You guys rock!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Wow!

Why don't the four or six of you( I hope I included everybody that posted an idea here ) choose a song off of TBWKTM that doesn't have a vid yet & start coming up with ideas for a kewl vid????You guys rock!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

go ahead guys!!! this is a fantastic idea!!!!:thumb_yello:

Yeah, it is a weird movie...probably a revelationary statement at its time of release and says a lot about crime and punishment but it's a bit...much.

It did give me nightmares for a few nights. I kept thinking he was standing over me when I shut my eyes to go to sleep, hahaha.

I wouldn't mind Mika standing over me when I try to go to sleep. Actually, that'd be a bit weird. I'd tell him to sit down or something and get him a cuppa tea.

It truly is!

:lmfao:

:fisch: I can imagine that! :roftl:

Wow!

Why don't the four or six of you( I hope I included everybody that posted an idea here ) choose a song off of TBWKTM that doesn't have a vid yet & start coming up with ideas for a kewl vid????

You guys rock!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

What do you say, Jaz? Sounds good to me!:dunno: (I know it's Laura, but I like Jazzy very much! :wub2: )

What do you say, Jaz? Sounds good to me!:dunno: (I know it's Laura, but I like Jazzy very much! :wub2: )

Absolutely! Sounds perfect! What song? It needs to be one that can work well without Mika, cos let's face it, we ain't getting him. :( (Not for this one at least, if we make a few and they end up being good and we send them to him he might employ us as his full time music video crew!! (I wish!))

And you can call me Jaz, Jazzy, Laura, Loz, Lozzington, Lol, whatver you like, as long as it's not rude. :aah:

Absolutely! Sounds perfect! What song? It needs to be one that can work well without Mika, cos let's face it, we ain't getting him. :( (Not for this one at least, if we make a few and they end up being good and we send them to him he might employ us as his full time music video crew!! (I wish!))

And you can call me Jaz, Jazzy, Laura, Loz, Lozzington, Lol, whatver you like, as long as it's not rude. :aah:

We could start by making a group (not a public thread) with all the people who showed initiative! (you, me, Inbar and there were few others right? :dunno: )

and no...I won't get into this with the idea that we won't get Mika into this! :aah: It's all or nothing! We should put up an idea for one song and then send it to him somehow.

I'm not the kind of person to call people "rude" names...I don't even swear! :huh:

We could start by making a group (not a public thread) with all the people who showed initiative! (you, me, Inbar and there were few others right? :dunno: )

and no...I won't get into this with the idea that we won't get Mika into this! :aah: It's all or nothing! We should put up an idea for one song and then send it to him somehow.

I'm not the kind of person to call people "rude" names...I don't even swear! :huh:

Yeah that sounds like a good start. We could throw around some ideas and come up with something brilliant. I think Fangirl had some ideas too, and I don't know about anyone else, I'm sorry if I've forgotten you!!!

Hahaha all or nothing? That's an excellent attitude to have.

And I know you wouldn't call me rude names, I was messing around! :wink2:

Yeah that sounds like a good start. We could throw around some ideas and come up with something brilliant. I think Fangirl had some ideas too, and I don't know about anyone else, I'm sorry if I've forgotten you!!!

Ok...I'll create the group and PM you all the link to it! :wink2:

We want to keep it really small right? :das::teehee:

go ahead guys!!! this is a fantastic idea!!!!:thumb_yello:

Hahaha yeah, it can be our top secret director's coven. :D

Right On!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Make this happen.

I can't wait to see what you create!!

about the video...

I liked the 1950's sort of look, whatever era that it is. I thought the video could be better. It was clever with good ideas, but I don't think it used it was used to its full potential.

As for the dancers...thought the costume was clever but think it would have been better if there were male and female dancers with partner work.

As for the actual dancing itself...I totally could have done that. Mika, get me next time, I don't even need paying :aah:

Rain on Later

I love Rain so much!:wub2:

I don’t care a bit if he “can’t dance”! He’s dancing good enough for me!:mf_lustslow:

And his serious face when he’s singing that song!:wub2:

well, it seems like many future video's director, are making their comments, and i love reading your thoughts! i have to say you have wonderful ideas!:thumb_yello:

about the video, i loved it!:wub2:

i think it's great, the colours, the effects (specially at the beginning),the dancers,the atmosphere...i really liked it and enjoyed it!...and now i can't wait for more videos from this album, and i hope in next times, we all feel pleased with them!:wink2:

I agree!:thumb_yello:

here too in another quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQL-5b_O2w

Thank you!:wub2:

There should have been clapping in it so people know to do it at his gigs...:aah:

The beginning should have been more...1920's Like that scene in Chicago where Billy Flynn is talking to people in this posh restaurant about Lucy Liu murdering someone. EXACTLY like that, but in black and white. Girls in charleston dresses with their long cigarette holder things. That's what I always envisioned. And the whole video could have been filled with different eras, like 1920's up to 2000's.

Pfft, I should have directed this video :aah:

I liked the whole Clockwork Orange thing, I think it fits. But there should have been more edits and it should have been more energetic. And the dance to be more...just...more. It was too simple in my opinion.

There should have been clapping in it so people know to do it at his gigs...:aah:

The beginning should have been more...1920's Like that scene in Chicago where Billy Flynn is talking to people in this posh restaurant about Lucy Liu murdering someone. EXACTLY like that, but in black and white. Girls in charleston dresses with their long cigarette holder things. That's what I always envisioned. And the whole video could have been filled with different eras, like 1920's up to 2000's.

Pfft, I should have directed this video :aah:

I liked the whole Clockwork Orange thing, I think it fits. But there should have been more edits and it should have been more energetic. And the dance to be more...just...more. It was too simple in my opinion.

He did have the cane tapping on the ground at the beginning, which I thought was really effective. And I totally get what you mean about having a PROPER scene rather than just him sitting on his own in this blank space.

I do like the Clockwork Orange thing, but sometimes it makes me go a bit blegh cos I've seen the film and there's some pretty strong stuff in there. I don't know if you've seen it but it's not exactly My Little Pony, hahaha.

I quite like the fast zooms and the tracking shots but I think they probably needed to reshoot a few of them and get them perfect. A good example of that type of shoot is Will Young's Leave Right Now video, it's one continual shot and doesn't cut, so they had to get it perfect and do it a billion times but it works because they got it perfect.

The dancing was a bit lame, perhaps you should be his new choreographer!

I still can't get over that cross fade into the aerial shot of the dancers. I watched it again and it's TOTAL filler. I think they filmed that cos they thought it'd look cool and then they didn't use it but they ended up with a five second gap and they stuck that in a chucked a crossfade over the top. It makes me sad. :sad:

He did have the cane tapping on the ground at the beginning, which I thought was really effective. And I totally get what you mean about having a PROPER scene rather than just him sitting on his own in this blank space.

I do like the Clockwork Orange thing, but sometimes it makes me go a bit blegh cos I've seen the film and there's some pretty strong stuff in there. I don't know if you've seen it but it's not exactly My Little Pony, hahaha.

I quite like the fast zooms and the tracking shots but I think they probably needed to reshoot a few of them and get them perfect. A good example of that type of shoot is Will Young's Leave Right Now video, it's one continual shot and doesn't cut, so they had to get it perfect and do it a billion times but it works because they got it perfect.

The dancing was a bit lame, perhaps you should be his new choreographer!

I still can't get over that cross fade into the aerial shot of the dancers. I watched it again and it's TOTAL filler. I think they filmed that cos they thought it'd look cool and then they didn't use it but they ended up with a five second gap and they stuck that in a chucked a crossfade over the top. It makes me sad. :sad:

I didn't like the tapping cane. For me it just didn't work.

Sara Bareilles' video "Gravity" is one continual shot and it works beautifully. I like how the camera moves (in BIOTG) and then Mika appears in a different place, but then they faded to a long shot, low angle tilt of dancers coming by those tiny TV sets (I think) and it's like...that fade totally doesn't work. They should have done one continual shot or just straight cut to it. I didn't like how it was set in a studio, it should have had a story to it, like The Feeling's video "I love it when you call"

And I can't choreograph to save my life, I just get taught the dance and I'll dance my brains out, but one thing that totally did not fit was that stringy stuff at the end - WTF? - and after that bit when they started doing that 60's move where you have the arms moving up and down alternatively...seriously, why? That move doesn't go with the song.

Maybe Fangirl and I should collaborate - I studied Media production for two years and we had a music video unit, together we'll be able to make the best video in the history of videos EVER.

And Mika will stay in shot and NOT wander out.

Nice!:thumb_yello:

Hey, I just have ideas, I haven't studied anything... Yet. :roftl:

Yeah! Keep him in shot! I didn't like that he wasn't in half of it. Just those dancers. Tsk.

Wait a second...

I'd be the youngest director EVER! :aah: