Mika Q&A - Guardian 26/9/09 Weekend

Fmbm

Oh dear... :rolls_eyes:

MIKA BLASTED FOR SHOPLIFTING COMMENTS

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2009-09-27 15:48:06 -

Pop star MIKA has been slammed by a crime prevention organisation for joking about shoplifting.

The Grace Kelly singer admitted in a recent interview that he has previously taken goods without paying in stores, but "just the small stuff like toys or pick 'n' mix (sweets)." But the comments have been met with condemnations by Crimestoppers, who have branded the star "irresponsible".

A spokesperson says, "Comments appearing to condone shoplifting in any context are wrong." Mika isn't the only star to admit to stealing - earlier this week (begs21Sep09), Megan Fox revealed she was convicted as a teenager of taking cosmetics from U.S. superstore Wal-Mart.

http://www.pr-inside.com/mika-blasted-for-shoplifting-comments-r1499957.htm

That was to be expected, non? :dunno:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why they're making a big fuss about this. When I was a kid I stole pot scrubs from a supermarket and my playschool teacher's cutlery. :teehee:

Yeah but from the article it seems like it's something he still does, and I doubt he's doing it cos he's skint, so he's doing it purely for the rush. That's more of an issue because he still does it, and it's not like he can hide behind the misguided youth shield.

But at the end of the day, who cares? It's not like he's robbing post offices with sawn off shot guns.

HE HAS A NUBBIN?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

*passes out*

I could've lived without that tidbit. :roftl:

He'd get on very well with Chandler Bing, methinks! :roftl:

Yeah but from the article it seems like it's something he still does, and I doubt he's doing it cos he's skint, so he's doing it purely for the rush. That's more of an issue because he still does it, and it's not like he can hide behind the misguided youth shield.

But at the end of the day, who cares? It's not like he's robbing post offices with sawn off shot guns.

Well I agree that it's no way a big deal, but I do also think it's not the sorta thing you should say. I mean I used to nick pick and mix sweets when I was working in a supermarket, so did the managers! We'd be munching away when the boss wasn't around. But it's still not the sort of thing you can say in front of the relevant people, i.e the boss, or in Mika's case, the general public.

If it didn't get at least a superficial gasp from crimewatch or whoever, then kids would get the idea that it's okay. It's stupid, I know, but it's true.

Well I agree that it's no way a big deal, but I do also think it's not the sorta thing you should say. I mean I used to nick pick and mix sweets when I was working in a supermarket, so did the managers! We'd be munching away when the boss wasn't around. But it's still not the sort of thing you can say in front of the relevant people, i.e the boss, or in Mika's case, the general public.

If it didn't get at least a superficial gasp from crimewatch or whoever, then kids would get the idea that it's okay. It's stupid, I know, but it's true.

Yeah, I mean, obviously he shouldn't, but he's human, and let's face it, how many kids read the Guardian? I don't think he'd say it if it was an interview with smash hits, because it's a different audience.

But still, he's probably had a rap on the knuckle from managment and has been banned from his local sweet shop, nothing life changing or career threatening. :naughty:

Oh yeah I totally agree. I'm just unsurprised at the reaction it got. :aah:

Same here, I think it's funny more than anything, and people will be interested to know more so they'll google the article and read about it and they might even decide they like him so much that they buy his album. :biggrin2:

Same here, I think it's funny more than anything, and people will be interested to know more so they'll google the article and read about it and they might even decide they like him so much that they buy his album. :biggrin2:

I like your way of thinking! :thumb_yello:

And so it begins!

Mika is a big enough STAR - that everything he says is going to be analyzed, homogenized, pasteurized & criticized!!

Mika has made it! Now we will learn less about him as he slowly starts censoring himself publically!

Next PETA will be after him - praising him or demonizing him - whatever the case may be.

I knew something like that was gonna happen though...

our three nippled boy is a huge star... :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl:

Yeah but from the article it seems like it's something he still does, and I doubt he's doing it cos he's skint, so he's doing it purely for the rush.

Yeah I think he gets a thrill out of any kind of freebies. He seems to have some kind of weird, conflicting money issues where he swings from recklessly generous to scamming, bargaining and now apparently stealing. :naughty:

Yeah I think he gets a thrill out of any kind of freebies. He seems to have some kind of weird, conflicting money issues where he swings from recklessly generous to scamming, bargaining and now apparently stealing. :naughty:

Definitely. Probably from the whole having a lot, then having nothing, then having a little and having nothing thing when he was younger. That's bound to mess you up money-wise; my Granddad was kind of the same, he had absolutely NOTHING when he was younger, he was the oldest of eight kids, and when my dad was younger he used to think he was mega stingey but he was just properly careful with money, but when Christmas/birthdays came around he was always really generous.

Even so, stealing is very very wrong and Mrs P taught him better than that!! :aah:

Definitely. Probably from the whole having a lot, then having nothing, then having a little and having nothing thing when he was younger.

I think Mika's idea of having nothing and most of the rest of the world's are remarkably different. :fisch:

I think Mika's idea of having nothing and most of the rest of the world's are remarkably different. :fisch:

Yeah, it all depends on perspective though. I've just spent this week without hot water in my shower and that's been hell, but I'm sure there are many parts of the world where any water full stop is scarce.

Whatever though. We're all spoilt in the western world.

Yeah someone already posted that a page or two back.

We basically all said it's no big deal but it was kinda to be expected.

I'm curious about what he means by 'toys'!

Like, ping pong balls? Bubbles? Whats the biggest toy he's ever taken? :aah:

Yeah someone already posted that a page or two back.

We basically all said it's no big deal but it was kinda to be expected.

I'm curious about what he means by 'toys'!

Like, ping pong balls? Bubbles? Whats the biggest toy he's ever taken? :aah:

Really? I cant be bothered reading all these pages:roftl: haha "bubbles":aah: