MIKA @ the O2 Academy, Sheffield

dcdeb

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, PDP is nothing compared to a gig where you can get close to him :swoon:

I would say one can dream...But it will be a reality in 12 days ! xD

Hmm, I was wondering if anyone has been to Sheffield Academy before...coz I don't and I don't wanna get lost inside like I nearly did at the Birmingham Academy when I went to see someone else, and was wondering if someone can give me a quick talk of how to get down to the standing area (unless there is only one way you can go).

10 DAYS GUYS! :boing::boing::boing:

What time are we starting to queue? :mf_rosetinted:

Eeeek ! :biggrin2: I'm hoping to get into Sheffield for 10-ish via train and have something to eat etc. So if anyone wants to meet me and my mate I'd be up for it (I'd have to double check with her of course hehe). But just to see if anyone is interested?

Do you think he'll do signing after the gig? :blush-anim-cl:

Depends, he might, but he might not. Wouldn't like to say either way but there's a fair chance he'll sign something for you afterwards. Depends on how long you can afford to wait as well, he likes to take his time, does our Mika. :roftl:

Depends, he might, but he might not. Wouldn't like to say either way but there's a fair chance he'll sign something for you afterwards. Depends on how long you can afford to wait as well, he likes to take his time, does our Mika. :roftl:

I'm prepeard to wait for him :blush-anim-cl: I have some things to give him.

Where would we have to wait? :teehee:

I'm prepeard to wait for him :blush-anim-cl: I have some things to give him.

Where would we have to wait? :teehee:

We don't know yet, but it would probably be at the artists' entrance to the venue. We will have to wait and see.

My French teacher's son and daughter are going over to Sheffield for this.

Hahah that's funny, my best friend always used to see her French teacher when we went to the London gigs. Perhaps he appeals to les academiques francaise?

And if there are any French people in here, I apologies for the previous butchering of your language. :teehee:

Okay, talk about the 11th hour, but I'm about to buy a ticket for the Sheffield gig from viagogo. Just having to think about what address to give for ticket delivery as I'll be away from home (going to be in Liverpool) from Tuesday and will go straight to Sheffield from there. Am scheming to have it sent to husband's work address in Liverpool as I'm worried that it won't arrive here at home in time before I go away...Probably safest.

Okay, talk about the 11th hour, but I'm about to buy a ticket for the Sheffield gig from viagogo. Just having to think about what address to give for ticket delivery as I'll be away from home in Liverpool from Tuesday and will go straight to Sheffield from there. Am scheming to have it sent to husband's work address in Liverpool as I'm worried that it won't arrive here at home before I go away...Probably safest.

Can you ask to collect it at the box office?

Can you ask to collect it at the box office?

Well, that's what my husband wondered, but I'm not sure how I could arrange that. I'm buying off one of those websites where people sell their tickets and the website, in this case viagogo, act as an agent, but I guess I could phone them to ask if this would be possible? I've never bought from one of those sites before. Not really sure how things work.

Jazzy, have you been to the O2 Sheffield before? I know the gig is General Admission, but do you know if it's worth me paying a bit more for a "Standing Downstairs" ticket as opposed to just a "GA (standing) ticket"? Is there an upstairs to this venue?

Edited by SunshineGirl

Well, that's what my husband wondered, but I'm not sure how I could arrange that. I'm buying off one of those websites where people sell their tickets and the website, in this case viagogo, act as an agent, but I guess I could phone them to ask if this would be possible? I've never bought from one of those sites before. Not really sure how things work.

Jazzy, have you been to the O2 Sheffield before? I know the gig is General Admission, but do you know if it's worth me paying a bit more for a "Standing Downstairs" ticket as opposed to just a "GA (standing) ticket"? Is there an upstairs to this venue?

Hmm, they probably won't be able to have you pick it up at the venue then...

And no, I haven't been to the venue before, but general admission is standing, and you are downstairs unless it says that you're on a certain level. I've just checked my ticket and it says stalls, but that's the same as general admission really.

Hmm, they probably won't be able to have you pick it up at the venue then...

And no, I haven't been to the venue before, but general admission is standing, and you are downstairs unless it says that you're on a certain level. I've just checked my ticket and it says stalls, but that's the same as general admission really.

Thanks for your reply, Jazzy.

Well, I'm now in theory (assuming I get my ticket, lol!) coming to the Sheffield gig!! I'm not usually so impulsive, doing relatively 'last minute' things like this! But I'd been getting increasingly sad that I was only going to one Mika gig on this tour (Apollo Hammersmith) and really wanted to try to get to at least one other one if I could. I'm a really happy bunny now...:biggrin2:

Husband and son will nobly go and watch a movie while I'm at the show. So, I shall be on my tod at the gig - really hoping to meet many of you guys there. It'd be so nice to meet some MFC'ers!

Having thought I still had two weeks before I see Mika live, I'm now really excited that it's just 5 days now - WOOO HOOOOO!!!

Thanks for your reply, Jazzy.

Well, I'm now in theory (assuming I get my ticket, lol!) coming to the Sheffield gig!! I'm not usually so impulsive, doing relatively 'last minute' things like this! But I'd been getting increasingly sad that I was only going to one Mika gig on this tour (Apollo Hammersmith) and really wanted to try to get to at least one other one if I could. I'm a really happy bunny now...:biggrin2:

Husband and son will nobly go and watch a movie while I'm at the show. So, I shall be on my tod at the gig - really hoping to meet many of you guys there. It'd be so nice to meet some MFC'ers!

Having thought I still had two weeks before I see Mika live, I'm now really excited that it's just 5 days now - WOOO HOOOOO!!!

Last minute spontaneous decisions are the best kind of ones. I once decided to go to Paris, booked it the same day, went the next morning without telling my parents and it was the best 4 days of my life. Spontaneity is the way forward. :mf_rosetinted:

I'll be on my own as well, but so will most MFCers. I think many of our real life friends decided that they would have no more Mika gigs a long time ago. There will be plenty of mega friendly people there though, so you won't be on your own really. :biggrin2:

Last minute spontaneous decisions are the best kind of ones. I once decided to go to Paris, booked it the same day, went the next morning without telling my parents and it was the best 4 days of my life. Spontaneity is the way forward. :mf_rosetinted:

I'll be on my own as well, but so will most MFCers. I think many of our real life friends decided that they would have no more Mika gigs a long time ago. There will be plenty of mega friendly people there though, so you won't be on your own really. :biggrin2:

Wow, that sounds amazing! Yes, you're right, spontaneity is the spice of life...unfortunately, for me, things like children, work and money (lack of!) often gets in the way of it, lol!!

Am really looking forward to meeting you and other MFC'ers on Thursday (hope I do anyway!)

Really looking forward to this. I'll be there with my cousin queueing at the box office (gigantic tix :D) and we'll be covered in glitter probably. I have chestnut-brownish-reddish shoulder length hair and she has LONG blonde hair... come talk to us if you're queing at BO