MIKA @ O2 Academy, Newcastle

dcdeb

I was talking to a woman at Paolo Nutini on monday and she was talking about her overnight queuing for some gigs (think it was Oasis), have to admit I can see that happening in London this time...

What do MFCers do it or is it random people with no place to stay?

I don't want to imagine what it's like camping out in London in February. NOT nice. I shall greatly enjoy my nice warm bed that night.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do MFCers do it or is it random people with no place to stay?

I don't want to imagine what it's like camping out in London in February. NOT nice. I shall greatly enjoy my nice warm bed that night.

I think, and I'm not saying this in a bad way, that the problem does stem from the MFC. It starts with one or two people queuing early then other think they need to be earlier than that to get a good spot, then people outside the MFC see what time people are queuin and try to be earlier...

It feeds on it's self, if we all said, "lets not queue until 3pm" and stuck to it then it would be easier but who's going to risk their front row spot? :boxed:

I think, and I'm not saying this in a bad way, that the problem does stem from the MFC. It starts with one or two people queuing early then other think they need to be earlier than that to get a good spot, then people outside the MFC see what time people are queuin and try to be earlier...

It feeds on it's self, if we all said, "lets not queue until 3pm" and stuck to it then it would be easier but who's going to risk their front row spot? :boxed:

this is EXACTLY the problem, and some fans are just MORE insane thean others, I mean sleeping in a back alley in Brixton is madness. :blink:

PS does anyone know if this ticket company is safe to use, I aint heard of htem before. http://www.gigantic.com/g~affiliate=stereoboard~g/gigantic/event_gce_14935a.html

Yeah I spose it just gets more and more out of control.

I can't see myself getting to Hammersmith any earlier than 10, that'd just be silly. Especially as it's the last one of the tour so I'll be knackered by that point. I'll see what Sarah and Jenny are doing as well, and how early my friend Emma will be willing to get up on a Sunday.

I won't be rolling into Sheffield until about 6pm, I'll probably be right far back but never mind, I'm missing the following Thursday so I better show to that one.

Overnight camping in newcastle in february = cold hell:roftl:

Hmmmmmm think Ill get there earllyyyyy and can always blast into newcastle city centre of lunchy of no one is there

I realllly cant see a big Q for this one , only 8 of us going? wow cosy :thumb_yello:

well it DOES get cold up t'north but northern lassies are hard as nails :naughty: (not me though I will be wearing my thermal long johns..SEXEEEEYYY) :teehee:

you may be right about the Q if some of the mad fans don't go :wink2:

If there's only 9 of us going to this one, does it mean we have to make five times as much noise? :biggrin2:

Ther isn't as many going as the last time, is there.

It was about 20 wasn't it?

But I'm sure we can rally and make lots of noise:thumb_yello:

OK.. I'm in!!! can't bloody wait..The November 2007 gig was awsome...Newcastle is a party town... so put your party pants on:naughty:

btw...(I'm so sentimantal:blush-anim-cl:)The first Mika gig I did was

24-02-07!!!! To be going again to see him exactly 3 years to the day later...Amazing!!!!!

OK.. I'm in!!! can't bloody wait..The November 2007 gig was awsome...Newcastle is a party town... so put your party pants on:naughty:

btw...(I'm so sentimantal:blush-anim-cl:)The first Mika gig I did was

24-02-07!!!! To be going again to see him exactly 3 years to the day later...Amazing!!!!!

Thats my ando :wub2::wub2:.. OMG is that true 3 years ... wow!!! we need to do something :mf_lustslow:

We shall party , no excuse , its going downnnnnn

But I'm driving!!! I may need to re-think that! Lol! :roftl:

No way drive!!! , party , ratted , newcastle is not the place to just see a gig!! come party!

Thats my ando :wub2::wub2:.. OMG is that true 3 years ... wow!!! we need to do something :mf_lustslow:

We shall party , no excuse , its going downnnnnn

No way drive!!! , party , ratted , newcastle is not the place to just see a gig!! come party!

I'm driving too, I'm off to Birmingham next morning, for the next gig!:naughty:

Yeh but your staying at mine and you can have a good few hours sleepies ..

If you can get to mine early on the day you can leave your car and we will get the metro into Newcastle .. only 20 mins

Well I'll be staying at Sparklys the night before, so can leave there early to drop the van:thumb_yello:

Well I'll be staying at Sparklys the night before, so can leave there early to drop the van:thumb_yello:

Thats a top idea :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Like it , we leave the gig and go have a few damn good drinkies then taxi back to mine ...

Newcastle to Sunderland is no distance at all

Thats a top idea :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Like it , we leave the gig and go have a few damn good drinkies then taxi back to mine ...

Newcastle to Sunderland is no distance at all

Sounds like a plan:thumb_yello: