My first ever post!!

Pookiedoodle

Hey everyone!

I'm Pooks & this is my first ever post on here.

I've been a fan of Mika from the start, I absolutely adore him. He has such a unique talent, and the most beautiful hair, what i would give to have curls like that!!

So anyway, my 7 year old daughter is also a massive fan, and i promised her that if Mika ever came to Brighton I would take her.

Well, he's now announced the dates he's doing, and he is coming to Brighton - yay!!

BUT - it's over 14's only. She is absolutely gutted, I mean totally........crying, the works! She's been waiting for this forever!

So, I was hoping to email his management to see what they have to say. But I can't find out who they are or how to contact them.

Anyone have any ideas, any help really would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

xxxxx:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Pooks, I'm really sorry to hear that your daughter is so upset. I can't really think of anything other than contacting the management. I'm new here so I'm not sure how to go about that, but I'm sure there's people here who know how to get in touch with them. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your daughter gets to go to the concert. xxx

Hey everyone!

I'm Pooks & this is my first ever post on here.

I've been a fan of Mika from the start, I absolutely adore him. He has such a unique talent, and the most beautiful hair, what i would give to have curls like that!!

So anyway, my 7 year old daughter is also a massive fan, and i promised her that if Mika ever came to Brighton I would take her.

Well, he's now announced the dates he's doing, and he is coming to Brighton - yay!!

BUT - it's over 14's only. She is absolutely gutted, I mean totally........crying, the works! She's been waiting for this forever!

So, I was hoping to email his management to see what they have to say. But I can't find out who they are or how to contact them.

Anyone have any ideas, any help really would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

xxxxx:

Hi there! I think you need to check with the actual venue, sometimes they are OK if the child is accompanied by a responsible adult.

welcome to the MFC!

where excatly have you read its 14+? at the ticket sale page? or at the venue page? I think contacting the managment is indeed the best choice

So- good luck with that- I really do hope you can go to the gig with your daughter!

Hi there! I think you need to check with the actual venue, sometimes they are OK if the child is accompanied by a responsible adult.

Welcome! I agree with Silver; contact the venue and explain that you're the mother of a 7 year old, and would like to take your child to this gig.

I don't know why they'd restrict it to over 14s - it's obviously not an alcohol sales thing. :blink:

Thanks so much for your replies guys. It said 14+ on the ticket sales T&C's, so it's probably nothing to do with the venue.

I may give the Brighton Centre a call in the morning, but I can't see them saying I can bring her.

I'd still love his management details if anyone could help me out.

Thanks again

xxx

Hi Pookiedoodle.

The Mika gigs at the Carling Academy in '07 were supposed to be 14+, so I didn't take my daughter in the May. I ended up standing next to a very small 8 year old in the queue and she was let in, so in the Nov of that year I took my daughter. I rang the venue and they said that it was ok if she was with me, but that she wouldn't be allowed in the standing area. We got right to the front of the stage and I stood her in front of me. Nobody said anything or made us move.

I think that the answer is that you really do have to speak to the venue.

Hi Pookiedoodle.

The Mika gigs at the Carling Academy in '07 were supposed to be 14+, so I didn't take my daughter in the May. I ended up standing next to a very small 8 year old in the queue and she was let in, so in the Nov of that year I took my daughter. I rang the venue and they said that it was ok if she was with me, but that she wouldn't be allowed in the standing area. We got right to the front of the stage and I stood her in front of me. Nobody said anything or made us move.

I think that the answer is that you really do have to speak to the venue.

Right, that's made up my mind, I'll give them a call in the morning.

Thank you so much

xxx

I was going to say the same thing silver... We had a similar problem with one of the Aussies, but it's all worked out...

Edited by nico_collard