TV: Mika on ELLEN (Ellen Degeneres Show) (22 Oct 2009)

dcdeb

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, thank you very much Deb! :huglove::bow::flowers2:

Aww, I'm so pleased you got in! And that you got a few words with

Mika. And it wasn't just me, FD and I

sent them several emails about this over the last few weeks --

I was just in the right time zone

to help make it happen today. :thumb_yello:

What was nice about Jools Holland was that it was a small group of us, we had a brilliant view with brilliant contact from Mika and his team. It was a lot more personal and very...well, stripped. It wasn't a sort of "popstar + fans" thing. It was more mutual than that. I don't know if I'm making any sense here but it felt more like as though I was supporting someone I was acquainted with, rather than a popstar. Even though I'm not really, obviously :aah: But he came over to us on his own accord a couple of times and just talked to us. And it was really nice.

Being on TV is good too :teehee:

You can see me in the audience on Jools Holland! Did you not see? I'm wearing the white top and pink scarf.

jools6-Copy.jpg

The good thing about gigs is that you get the atmosphere, energy and emotion. WAG is incredible live: "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GAWLDEN! WE ARE GAWLDEN!" Plus you *might* get picked out and be on stage, or have stuff thrown over you, eye contact...the one thing I don't like about gigs is how squished you get. Scala was a brilliant gig but having a guys crotch rub up and down you isn't as pleasant as it sounds. Just thank God he didn't get *that* excited over seeing Mika shirtless :doh:

What's so precious about Mika is that he always makes contact with his fans whilst performing. It's like...he isn't JUST putting on a show. It's like he's doing it just for you :teehee: And also sometimes, as a fan, you can feel so invisible because the superstar is known worldwide and they don't even know who you are. It's not like that with Mika. He makes time for his fans. He genuinely likes us. And it shouldn't, really, but it gives me a sense of value. The man I admire incredibly, the one I really look up to, the one person that matters so much to me *probably* recognises my face by now. I don't why, but it's always been important to me. Maybe not "important"...but for some reason it makes everything a bit more worthwhile.

I think I just fangurled in this entire post.

Hi Caz, remember me? Katita of Brazil. A super kiss for you, for Bab, Sara and all the MFC I met on my trip to London on 21-09, was unforgettable and amazing and really the best day of my life.:roftl:

When I saw the videos on Youtube of the program Jools Holland I quickly recognize you there in the audience, you were beautiful and the presentation of Mika was spectacular, as always. What you wrote makes sense, think so too, he really loves his fans, and we love him, he is a unique artist and incredible.:mf_lustslow:

Kisses in your heart, I hope meet you soon in a new show in London and then here in my country, I want to see you here!:thumb_yello::naughty::thumb_yello:

Katita:wink2:

Awesome report Nono! It's great the you got in! What's the necklace like? :das:

Can't wait to see yall dance tomorrow. :naughty:

It's pretty simple. It's related to breast cancer and is just made of silver. :bleh:

No :no:

Aww, I'm so pleased you got in! And that you got a few words with

Mika. And it wasn't just me, FD and I

sent them several emails about this over the last few weeks --

I was just in the right time zone

to help make it happen today. :thumb_yello:

Well then, thank you to FD too! :huglove:

I'm so glad to be part of MFC :wub2:

EDIT: We weren't even expecting to get in, let alone have VIP seats :aah:

Edited by Fmbm

im here! and everything nono said is right...except that when that girl that work for ellen made the call i dont think it was to mikas paople...it was to someone that work in the studio that have the guest list :) cause deb said we ARE on the list! :thumb_yello:

what a great time! Ellen is my fave tv person here in the US.... i always wanted to see her! looooove her! and mika with ellen! :shocked: perfect!

thank you so much again Deb and FD!!! i love u guys! and thank you so much for the mika team for working on this!!! i really didnt think we had a chance but when deb said mikas team is on it, i knew they would make it happen because they always take care of us when they can! THANK YOU!!!! :wub2:

Thanks for the reports! :biggrin2:

Did Ellen enjoy Mika's performance?

LOL i didnt check on her... i love her but my eyes were totaly on mika :teehee:

and im pretty sure mika spotted us during the song :biggrin2:

:teehee: That makes sense. I would do the same.:naughty:

I hope he spotted you!

i think he did because he looked but it seemed like his eyes lit...but he couldnt say hi or anything...cause he was already live and had to sing :P

First of all... here's my flickr account to see the pictures of us before/after the gig. No camera inside, so no Mika pictures :thumbdown: : http://www.flickr.com/photos/32172634@N05/

100_3012.jpg

I love this photo! :wub2:

I'm so so so glad it all worked out for you guys! I only wish I could

have been there! I hope you told Mika that I deserve a raise? :wink2:

thanx so much also from me to dcdeb, fd, rest of the mod team and team mika for making this happen, it was fab! :huglove: ok it was mainly waiting for ages for 4 minutes of mika, but the show itself was very entertaining as well, and mika's performance was brilliant and right there before our eyes. :wub2: perfect seats, not even cameras blocking the view (feared that might happen but gladly it didn't), just great!

and it was also so sweet of mika to turn down the window of the car to talk for a moment when he saw us. :wub2: don't know if the traffic light at the studio exit was red or if they even stopped for us, anyway they stopped for about a minute, and mika turned down the window right away when he saw us standing there and asked how we were. there were a few cars driving by between his car and where we stood though, and it was right next to the main road, so it was quite loud and difficult to understand for us what he said and vice versa.

we told him that we liked his performance and said thank you for the tickets, and clare asked about the dress code... he wanted our opinion on whether it should be 50s or outer space, i said outer space because it would go fine with the black+white we had thought of on the mfc. but it was all a bit confusing with the loud traffic around and shouting over the street. :naughty: i asked whether he'd do a twitter party tomorrow, couldn't understand his answer, just saw that his face expression obviously meant no, sadly not... but the others said he said sth like that he can't do it tomorrow, because he has interviews+stuff. but again, hard to understand what he really said, due to the loud traffic.

anyway, it was just fab to see him again, he looked so good and happy today! :wub2:

OK. So I left for Burbank at like 12:45 and got Warner Brothers Studios a little bit after Nono, Sivan and Mellody got there (I think?). We all were waiting in this big waiting area in the parking structure. There were tons of other people there but they all had tickets, so we were just clinging to hope that perhaps we'd be able to get in!

I got there with just an expectation of maybe seeing Mika when he drove out, but then the mods were AMAZING and somehow we got 4 VIP tickets for the show!! It was quite a happy moment :naughty: We asked a page if we could sit on the side of the audience where Mika would perform and she said yes :thumb_yello:

So after we got in the studio, we ended up sitting third row up on the left side (where the musical guest goes). The show seemed to fly by, first David Spade and then John C Reilly and there was a young girl who got interviewed too. While the last interview was going on, Nono and I could see a little bit of the people setting up for Mika's performance, it was cool :teehee:

Then it was Mika time, and he was so much fun and so smiley and had some awesome dance moves. He's just so darn cute :naughty: He sang BIOTG, starting at the piano like he usually does and then dancing around. All four of us had our arms up, dancing and singing the whole time so I hope we caught his attention and he could see us. We definitely cheered loudly whenever they mentioned him and before/during/after his performance :naughty: Then it was all over in a flash!

We figured out where the guests leave and we stood on the side of the road for a little bit, waiting for him. Then we saw the black SUV and it looked like Allison (sp?) in the front seat, and I saw her point at us and say something to someone in the backseat. So Mika's car stopped and he rolled down the window and there was Mama P, Yasmine, and Mika. They all had such big smiles and looked so happy to see us! We all shouted thank you thank you thank you for the tickets, and Mellody asked if Mika was going to have a Twitter party tomorrow night. Mika said he's busy tomorrow night so he can't :sad: I asked him about the dress code for Friday and he asked us to choose either 1950's or Space themed. I think we chose space themed but then later we were like wtf are we gonna wear??? :naughty: We talked about some other things I think but I can't really remember.... it was hard to hear him.

Anyway, Mika was adorable and SO nice for stopping the car and talking to us. We all went out to eat afterwards and we can't wait til Friday :biggrin2: And THANK YOU to the Deb for the tickets!!! :huglove: