The rain video!

Droopsy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot_jump:

I have no other words for it right now.

I'll be back when I can actually form coherent thoughts.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2467274&postcount=318

:pbjt:

Oh wow! I didn't even know a video was to come out so soon:shocked:

I love it!:wub2:

Certainly the best vid so far.

This video made me cry. It really transports feelings.

I guess he's a teenager who ran away from home (I LOVE this colourful tent in the middle of the dark forest). Yet the desperation won't leave him alone. The dancers seem like deer to me that his imagination turned to demons representing his problems/fears.

It has a bit of madness to it, which makes it even more intense. It is a great atmosphere, very powerful.

I love the running bit and the dancing around in the wood.

It all kinda makes me feel like I'm on the run or sth myself.

I hate that it's so difficult to put into words what I feel about it.:boxed:

hahah isnt it beyond any words?:wub2:

I'm still blown away by this video. I'm really showing my age here, LOL, but I've concluded that it is very much in the same vein stylistically as video's from the 1980's (the New Romantics era) - groups like Ultravox ('Vienna' - very mysterious atmosphere, heavy with meaning), Duran Duran ('Hungry Like The Wolf' - I think - crazy coloured 'creature/s'), Spandau Ballet, Human League etc etc etc. The vids of those groups and others were often telling stories in a slightly oblique way - they were often, I suppose to today's eyes, quite cinematic/arty/possibly, depending upon your point of view, a bit over the top, 'artsy-fartsy'/pretentious.

I'm not saying Mika's vid is over the top or pretentious, I loved the vids in the 80's, and I think the 'Rain' vid is totally refreshing compared to the identikit music vid's that are around at the moment. It's totally beautiful - can't stop watching it!

Have you seen the video for 'Tristan" from Patrick Wolf? My first though after watching the Rain one was (after thinking how gorgeous :mf_lustslow: Mika is there, how I think it's better than the BIOTG video and all) that it reminds me of 'Tristan'. It's complitely different, brings on different feelings, but after watching it you'll probably know what I mean. :wink2:

I don't like analysing videos too closely, same as I don't like overanalysing song lyrics, but I can't help thinking that the mirror things in the forest remind me of a disco, especially the discos/clubs in the 80s that had lots of mirrors everywhere. I get an impression of Mika dancing on his own at a disco surrounded by strange people who don't understand him or who he doesn't identify with, and who may even be hostile towards him.

There's definitely a feeling of being an outsider, being mocked or misunderstood, and trying to escape. However the fireworks at the end represent, for me, something similar to the 'I am not what you think I am, I am made of gold' sentiment.

I haven't explained all that very well, probably because the idea isn't fully formed in my own mind; it's just an impression.

Who directed this video? :biggrin2:

From Mikasounds: ‘Blame It On The Girls’ was directed by Nez, who also behind the lens for MIKA’s next UK single, ‘Rain’.

It's a quote from the blog about BIOTG being the new single for US and Japan :biggrin2:

From Mikasounds: ‘Blame It On The Girls’ was directed by Nez, who also behind the lens for MIKA’s next UK single, ‘Rain’.

It's a quote from the blog about BIOTG being the new single for US and Japan :biggrin2:

I'm never going on mikasounds! :lmfao:

hmmm....seems like this guy can actually do something nice in the end.

Thanks Ada! :huglove:

:naughty: I wasn't even thinking of that :roftl:

hahah isnt it beyond any words?:wub2:

Very......But I'm gonna try anyway: Ok, so bare with me if I get a little odd in this. I have a very strong emotional attachment to this song.....and now the video. After watching it the first time I curled up in a ball and cried. I had to fight it all the way through the video and I totally broke down at the end of it.

First off, this video scares the hell out of me, but in a good way. Everything that happens in the video, being in the dark deserted forrest, the creature/people chasing and closing in on him, the feeling of desperation and sadness that was very apparent, it all happens in my head all the time. And for him to manage to bring that horrible frightening place out of my brain and make it reality is horrifying.

I love the little details like the shiny thinks hanging from the trees. It makes me think like he's pulledus inside his mind. A dark and scary place with hints of creativity and colour.

I like that he's sitting in thisvery colourful hut thing the first time he says "caught in a trap" because they are complete oppisites. The colourful hut is cool and pretty and one would think happy. But being trapped is a horrible feeling and the clashing of the two makes a very strong statement.

The people's costumes are great too. It's very Cirque de Solie (sp?) which I love and the absurdity of them is also very important to the emotion of it all. The costumes look fun and bright but they are people hiding in a forrest waiting for the right time to spring out and attack. Again two total oppisites that work really strong together.

I also love the fireworks because they're random bursts that add to the intensity of the chase scene. It make everything more sopratic and crazy. And I can feel the fear as Mika runs from the creatures because thesame thing happens in my head every day. it's like each creature is a different feeling of guilt of some sort of thought that he's running from and trying to avoid.

And the end.....the end is perfect. It leaves you so desperate for something more. So longing for something more to happend and it's empty and cold just like the song really is. Just like the emotion in the song, empty and longing for something more.

Prolly the best music video I've ever seen :wub2:

Did I make any sense through that? :blink::naughty:

Very......But I'm gonna try anyway: Ok, so bare with me if I get a little odd in this. I have a very strong emotional attachment to this song.....and now the video. After watching it the first time I curled up in a ball and cried. I had to fight it all the way through the video and I totally broke down at the end of it.

First off, this video scares the hell out of me, but in a good way. Everything that happens in the video, being in the dark deserted forrest, the creature/people chasing and closing in on him, the feeling of desperation and sadness that was very apparent, it all happens in my head all the time. And for him to manage to bring that horrible frightening place out of my brain and make it reality is horrifying.

I love the little details like the shiny thinks hanging from the trees. It makes me think like he's pulledus inside his mind. A dark and scary place with hints of creativity and colour.

I like that he's sitting in thisvery colourful hut thing the first time he says "caught in a trap" because they are complete oppisites. The colourful hut is cool and pretty and one would think happy. But being trapped is a horrible feeling and the clashing of the two makes a very strong statement.

The people's costumes are great too. It's very Cirque de Solie (sp?) which I love and the absurdity of them is also very important to the emotion of it all. The costumes look fun and bright but they are people hiding in a forrest waiting for the right time to spring out and attack. Again two total oppisites that work really strong together.

I also love the fireworks because they're random bursts that add to the intensity of the chase scene. It make everything more sopratic and crazy. And I can feel the fear as Mika runs from the creatures because thesame thing happens in my head every day. it's like each creature is a different feeling of guilt of some sort of thought that he's running from and trying to avoid.

And the end.....the end is perfect. It leaves you so desperate for something more. So longing for something more to happend and it's empty and cold just like the song really is. Just like the emotion in the song, empty and longing for something more.

Mika....is that you? :blink:

You sure did make a lot of sense hunny...I feel like slapping myself now for watching the video from an objective point of view...I couldn't relate to it emotionally just yet...just in the form that I've mentioned in the quote up there and another one I mentioned in my previous post about the video in this thread that I don't want to repeat because it is a very delicate subject for me.

You are so right in that part I bolded. :wub2:

I love this video but the creatures are too much and at the end i miss the rain ....

anyway this song touches me since he sang it for the first time in acoustic at the PDP...

that is the version that made me HATE this song, it took me ages to like it and for it to go through various transitions and to see it live myself cos I really disliked it so much for a long time, I found it whinney, but in it's present form I love it, it's up there amongst my favs.:aah:

Mika....is that you? :blink:

You sure did make a lot of sense hunny...I feel like slapping myself now for watching the video from an objective point of view...I couldn't relate to it emotionally just yet...just in the form that I've mentioned in the quote up there and another one I mentioned in my previous post about the video in this thread that I don't want to repeat because it is a very delicate subject for me.

You are so right in that part I bolded. :wub2:

This is a very touchy subject for me too but it haunts me every day and I can't avoid it. The creatures usually catch up with me in the end.

I didn't mean to really delve into the video the way I did. The song makes me feel good, sad but strong at the same time so I just watched the video not really knowing what to expect. And before I knew it Mika had sucked me in and I couldn't get out of the emotional grip.

Now I'm trapped in it and can't stop the pain and sadness. But I love it for some reason, even though I hate it.

You know....I like that it isn't raining.

It makes everything feel more desperate. Even though he's singing about rain the lack of rain and some of his movements (at one point he holds his hands out like he's trying to catch the rain and he pulls them to himself like he's goingto drink it or wipe it on himself) make everything seem dry and sad and empty.

This is a very touchy subject for me too but it haunts me every day and I can't avoid it. The creatures usually catch up with me in the end.

This video is a very touchy subject for me too from a different point of view...It's about a secret of mine...related to Mika and I'm pretty sure he knows about it too...and therefore it is a secret me and Mika share! but I want to keep it for myself! :blush-anim-cl:

Ok now, calm down, huny! :huglove:

Made alot of sense just becouse thats the way I feel abou tthe vid and I didint even fight with tears. I was like hit in my head.

ANd yes...the creatures...in my head...usually winning the thinking battles..

What you said was basicly what I wanted to say except I cant put feelings into words that well.

I think the shiny things are rain ...and the creatures are like his thoughts hes trying to get away from. He drives to the forest hoping noone will find him there but he cant get away from himself. Hes walking around the forest and the creatures are his thoughts that are somewhere in his mind. He is trying to get away from them but there is more and more. And you know that surround scene? I think its when all the memories and questions hit him,he doesnt know whats happening,hes trying to run away from the thoughts cuz he cant stand them anymore but he cant and at the end of the vid he realises there is no pint in running away and he stops...

This video is a very touchy subject for me too from a different point of view...It's about a secret of mine...related to Mika and I'm pretty sure he knows about it too...and therefore it is a secret me and Mika share! but I want to keep it for myself! :blush-anim-cl:

Ok now, calm down, huny! :huglove:

I understand...well not really, but I understand you want to keep it to yourself.

I'm trying! :naughty:

Made alot of sense just becouse thats the way I feel abou tthe vid and I didint even fight with tears. I was like hit in my head.

What you said was basicly what I wanted to say except I cant put feelings into words that well.

I think the shiny things are rain ...and the creatures are like his thoughts hes trying to get away from. He drives to the forest hoping noone will find him there but he cant get away from himself. Hes walking around the forest and the creatures are his thoughts that are somewhere in his mind. He is trying to get away from them but there is more and more. And you know that surround scene? I think its when all the memories and questions hit him,he doesnt know whats happening,hes trying to run away from the thoughts cuz he cant stand them anymore but he cant and at the end of the vid he realises there is no pint in running away and he stops...

YES! The scene where he's surrounded freaks me out the most. Especially when he backs away from one and another pops up behind him! it prolly doesn't help that I'm clostrophobic but I always freak at that bit. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of it all too!

it gives me a really busy feeling inside. like my insides want to move really fast and get away but my physical body can't move as fast and so I'm stuck :shocked:

Just what I thought! Only I can't really say it in words.

I understand...well not really, but I understand you want to keep it to yourself.

I'm trying! :naughty:

YES! The scene where he's surrounded freaks me out the most. Especially when he backs away from one and another pops up behind him! it prolly doesn't help that I'm clostrophobic but I always freak at that bit. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of it all too!

it gives me a really busy feeling inside. like my insides want to move really fast and get away but my physical body can't move as fast and so I'm stuck :shocked:

Yeah! I know...I acually tense up and pul all my body together at this part everytime...! and then when hes trying to run away and he cant!:tears: