The rain video!

Droopsy

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Mikasounds: ‘Blame It On The Girls’ was directed by Nez, who also behind the lens for MIKA’s next UK single, ‘Rain’.

It's a quote from the blog about BIOTG being the new single for US and Japan :biggrin2:

You're f*cking kidding. How on EARTH did he manage to come out with SH*TE like Take That's "greatest day" and Mika's BIOTG...and then...the beauty that is RAIN?!?!

I think I like that bit of the song because it's really simple and plain and makes me think he's just being really blunt to whoever he's talking to.

Kinda like a simple "F**k you."

I love it!

Me too! And I love his Fu*k you songs! like GK you know...and Now Rain

I love this part alot but it makes me cry. I just had a nervous brakedown

Me too! And I love his Fu*k you songs! like GK you know...and Now Rain

I love this part alot but it makes me cry. I just had a nervous brakedown

My Interp is prolly my second fav F**k you song, Rain is first :wub2:

Aww! hunny! :huglove:

I'm heading there myself.....It'll be okay!:huglove:

Have you seen the video for 'Tristan" from Patrick Wolf? My first though after watching the Rain one was (after thinking how gorgeous :mf_lustslow: Mika is there, how I think it's better than the BIOTG video and all) that it reminds me of 'Tristan'. It's complitely different, brings on different feelings, but after watching it you'll probably know what I mean. :wink2:

Ooh, no, I haven't seen 'Tristan' - I like what I've seen/heard of/by Patrick Wolf (although I don't actually know much about his music to be honest - I saw him live once and thought he was really good). I'm going to have to check this video out - thanks for the heads-up! :thumb_yello:

hello!

i have no time to read all of the thread,but not as some of you(just read fisrt comments),i really appreciate the idea that there aren't any rain!!

great idea to put just a representation of it ;)

I'm still blown away by this video. I'm really showing my age here, LOL, but I've concluded that it is very much in the same vein stylistically as video's from the 1980's (the New Romantics era) - groups like Ultravox ('Vienna' - very mysterious atmosphere, heavy with meaning), Duran Duran ('Hungry Like The Wolf' - I think - crazy coloured 'creature/s'), Spandau Ballet, Human League etc etc etc. The vids of those groups and others were often telling stories in a slightly oblique way - they were often, I suppose to today's eyes, quite cinematic/arty/possibly, depending upon your point of view, a bit over the top, 'artsy-fartsy'/pretentious.

I'm not saying Mika's vid is over the top or pretentious, I loved the vids in the 80's, and I think the 'Rain' vid is totally refreshing compared to the identikit music vid's that are around at the moment. It's totally beautiful - can't stop watching it!

Thanks for sharing your ideas! :thumb_yello:

one small thing, I'm not a fan of some of his dance moves cos they don't seem... natural, it's like he doesn't look right doing some of them, I thik when you dance you have to "feel" the moves like you have to "feel" the lyrics and music fo a song to give it your best.

I loved his stag like leap but (not just on this vid but other performances) he seems to do that leap in the air thing too much and not in places that don't flow...I dunno I just noticed it lately.

Have you seen the video for 'Tristan" from Patrick Wolf? My first though after watching the Rain one was (after thinking how gorgeous :mf_lustslow: Mika is there, how I think it's better than the BIOTG video and all) that it reminds me of 'Tristan'. It's complitely different, brings on different feelings, but after watching it you'll probably know what I mean. :wink2:

I completely forgot about that video! But now that you mention it I definitely see a bit of a connection :thumb_yello:

I think with rain in the video it would be too boyband-clichéd.

Without rain it's something unexpected.

What I expected was Mika walking through an empty town at night. Suddenly something happens and he's "cought in a trap". IDK how to bring out that.

btw: thx for uploading on youtube! little question: how does one do that? (I mean: without having it on the PC?)

one small thing, I'm not a fan of some of his dance moves cos they don't seem... natural, it's like he doesn't look right doing some of them, I thik when you dance you have to "feel" the moves like you have to "feel" the lyrics and music fo a song to give it your best.

I loved his stag like leap but (not just on this vid but other performances) he seems to do that leap in the air thing too much and not in places that don't flow...I dunno I just noticed it lately.

Where he jumps with his legs behind him? Yeah he's been doing it alot lately, but seemingly for audience pleasure rather than because he feels like it. IMO.

Where he jumps with his legs behind him? Yeah he's been doing it alot lately, but seemingly for audience pleasure rather than because he feels like it. IMO.

hmm I dunno bout that I still think he's over doing that move just a little, but I will still sqeeee when he does it at gigs lol :aah:

Edited by sparkly1

Dont go there! Stay with me here!:huglove:

I meant heading toward breakdown :naughty:

Mmmm, I think I'll be here for a while tonight :biggrin2: Watching rain over and over. it's been in my second tab all day and I haven't changed it or closed it once :naughty:

I just go back and watch it whenever I feel I can handle it again. :wub2:

All I think of is Paramore's Decode when I see this. :teehee: Even though they aren't that similar, I think it's just the woods that are making me think of that.

Does everyone really hate the BIOTG video? :huh: I know its badly made and bit...random :naughty: But I have a real soft spot for that one, I don't know why, I just really like it. :teehee:

Does everyone really hate the BIOTG video? :huh: I know its badly made and bit...random :naughty: But I have a real soft spot for that one, I don't know why, I just really like it. :teehee:

Not everyone, but I do. Mika uploaded it on his official youtube site (the "official" one, not "blog" one) and I thought I'd give it one more go but when the dancers were about to come on I just had to turn it off. I can't watch it anymore.

RAIN, on the other hand, I can't stop watching.

Not everyone, but I do. Mika uploaded it on his official youtube site (the "official" one, not "blog" one) and I thought I'd give it one more go but when the dancers were about to come on I just had to turn it off. I can't watch it anymore.

I loved it at first but I think I was just in shock at seeing it lol, I now mostly only like the first part when he is in the chair etc, the rest is ok, but after seeing it afew times I can see it could have been better.

Really? aw, maybe I just like crap videos or something.:naughty: I know it's fairly bad, and the filming could be a million times better but it seems to me that it was almost going for that kind of factory, DIY look. I just love it despite the fact that it isn't very good...if that makes sense. lol

Rain is a better video, definitley. I still wish there was rain in it though..:rolls_eyes: