REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS of Mika 27-10-2009 in Vancouver, BC at The Commodore Ballroom

dcdeb

It was such an amazing gig. I know he said he was on more painkillers than his grandmother (:aah:) But I didn't realise he was that hurt. Anyone know what happened? What a trooper, doing his amazing dancing and so full of energy. So thank you Mika for putting on such a great show and being such an inspiration!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OTHER FACTS:Mana's got an amazing energy, she literally beat me :naughty:

:lmfao:

You make it sound like I beat you... as in physically, like across the face with a broomstick. :aah:

if anyone reads this who met me at the show, please introduce yourself to me :)

O hai! I'm Mana, the blonde who was in the queue all day. You know, the one who sat on the sidewalk eating a poutine. :freak:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

You make it sound like I beat you... as in physically, like across the face with a broomstick. :aah:

You did hit me once tho...:naughty:

Man that was so much fun but it went by so fast...I woke up today wondering if it happened at all!! :blink:

---------------------

EDIT: found this thread http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2616505#post2616505

Thanks for posting! :wink2:

Edited by OhMyMika!!

I was at the Vancouver show too! I flew from Edmonton to Vancouver for my first Mika show, and it was definitely worth it! I took a million photos, and will post a few as soon as I upload them!

Awesome! Welcome to the club. :biggrin2:

Picture time everybody!! :wink2:

Get posting! :naughty: mine are gonna be up tonight.

I was at the Vancouver show too! I flew from Edmonton to Vancouver for my first Mika show, and it was definitely worth it! I took a million photos, and will post a few as soon as I upload them!

YAY! Welcome to the MFC! :biggrin2:

O hai! I'm Mana, the blonde who was in the queue all day. You know, the one who sat on the sidewalk eating a poutine. :freak:

oooh! helloo!!

my name is rose by the way. hahaha i realized i didnt even tell any of you my name i think...now i feel bad!

i have a bunch of videos i took of the show im gonna upload soon ^__^

oooh! helloo!!

my name is rose by the way. hahaha i realized i didnt even tell any of you my name i think...now i feel bad!

i have a bunch of videos i took of the show im gonna upload soon ^__^

I'm Roxana :bye:

Don't know if you've seen me but i was wearing a purple top, brown jacket...front row also :wink2:

Thanks for these latest reports! Love the pictures, too! :thumb_yello:

Got a tweet from a guy who was there -- this is his video for

Happy Ending:

from vwayner:

He says he'll have more in the next few days. :wub2:

this performance of Happy Ending is so beautiful, especially the "little bit of love" part:wub2:

Photos Part 1. THE BIG SHOW!

Here is the mighty 5 o'clock queue! Party time! Excellent!

DSCN1615.jpg

Look at these lucky puppies, they're practically ON the stage!

DSCN1617.jpg

I think this pic is so cute. Newcomer Pandasnacks is keeping her ticket safe in her mouth, and I believe Andrew is admiring her hair.

DSCN1619-1-1.jpg

Canuckchick and moi!

DSCN1620.jpg

OK, now time for the Big Girl photos. Just a reminder, I am very self conscious, and this was a very difficult thing for me to do. So while I don't mind you enjoying the photos here, I would ask that you don't post them anywhere else. Thanks.

Here are all of the Vancouver Big Girls!

DSCN1622-2.jpg

Yasmine gives me a fresh coat of paint.

DSCN1626-1.jpg

I don't know guys, I think that neon war paint is a good look for me.

DSCN1630-1.jpg

That's all the BG pics I'll post for now. If anyone has any performance pics or vids, let me know! They were strict about backstage photos, so I don't have anything else to show you.

My concert pics did not turn out well, because I had trouble finding a good place to stand after BG. I got pretty close to the front on the right side, but there were a lot of tall people in the way. This is the best I could do. Love this jacket.

DSCN1676.jpg

Jimmy! Gosh, he is such a dream boat. :wub2: I had a very nice chat with him backstage, and he just has a way of making you feel good. I hope Mika tours with him again, especially if it's in a city near me.

DSCN1681.jpg

Dreamy times 2.

DSCN1684.jpg

That's it for concert photos. Part 2 comin' up.

Edited by DaMango

Photos Part 2. MEET AND GREET!

Alrighty, the moment you've all been waiting for! (I think)

Like I said in my review, we waited in a cold, dark, scary alley for Mika. We did not wait in vain, because his wonderful band mates came out to chat and hang with us for a while. I gave Jimmy a hug, :wub2: and I told him that I enjoyed his playing, especially on BIOTG. It really stood out to me during the performance. He wished me luck on my own music, and posed with me for this cuddly picture. I don't think you can tell by the picture, but I'm hanging on to him pretty tightly, LOL!

DSCN1698.jpg

Cherisse and Imma! They are both such beautiful, talented, music goddesses. I adore them both. I told Cherisse that I took a photo with her 2 years ago, but I looked like a dork in it. She said she probably did too. (She totally didn't. LOL!) Luckily for both of us, we got a second chance at it.

DSCN1699.jpg

Mika's car pulled up, and he came outside a short while later. As I said in my review, I was delighted to see that he was wearing the badge I'd left for him backstage! I tried to get photos of him wearing it, but my camera went off too late in this one. It was covered up by the poster.

DSCN1701.jpg

I tried again, but this time, my flash made the badge unreadable. :roftl: Oh well, his face is so cute, I just have to post this anyway.

DSCN1702.jpg

Shortly after this pic was taken, Mika doodled a face on my Munny doll, I harassed him about my music (politely, as always), and we talked a little bit more before he got into his car. It was weird seeing him drive away. I waved goodbye like I would see him again soon, but in reality, it will probably be a long time until we meet again. If we meet again. *sigh*

Ok, now to show the "art work" on my Munny doll. I'll start with the signatures on the back. Jimmy insisted on signing the doll's bum, so I did not prevent him from doing so. LOL!

DSCN1710.jpg

Cherisse signed his big bald head.

DSCN1711.jpg

Ok guys, are you ready for this? Not quite what I was expecting, but here's Mika's handiwork on the front of the doll. BAM!

DSCN1709.jpg

Kinda scary, huh? My boyfriend (ever the jokester) said Mika drew the evil face on it because he hates me. What a jerk. Anyway, it was surprising, nonetheless. I am mad at myself for smearing the signature, but I'm going to tidy it up a bit with some nail polish remover. So yay, I have some original Mika art. What's even better, is that Munny dolls come with a "mystery accessory", which is wrapped in foil, so you don't know what it is until you buy it. My Munny came with, what else? An axe.

DSCN1712.jpg

Very fitting, I say. My precious lil' axe murderer.

Anyway, I can't believe how many little details and memories keep flooding back to me. It was such a great night, and an experience I will never forget. I cherish the encouraging words from Mika's mom, and John, and how kind and lovely everyone was to the Big Girls. We were treated with respect, which helped me confront my fears and insecurities. I also appreciate all of you who were there, for being such wonderful friends. I can't wait to see you all again.

AND, I know I'm a huge geek for dwelling on it, I'm so happy that Mika wore my badge! The reason I'm so happy is that I've been making them since my very first Mika show in June 2007, and to see it on his coat sort of brought closure to that crazy night. I even went back and read my review from that first show, and laughed at myself. If you'd like to read it, and laugh at me some more, here's the link. This was back in the day when people started a whole new thread for their individual concert reviews. Thank goodness we don't do that anymore!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5480&highlight=MAGIC+MAYHEM

(Please be warned, I was in the "New Mika Fan Honeymoon Phase" when I wrote that review, so there is a lot of swooning and fangurl antics going on. Let it be known that I am a different woman now, and will never exhibit such behavior again. Ever. :mf_rosetinted:)

OK, that's all. I'm finally done now. THE END.

Edited by DaMango

Kinda scary, huh? My boyfriend (ever the jokester) said he thought Mika drew the evil face on it because he hates me. What a jerk. Anyway, it was surprising, nonetheless. I am mad at myself for smearing the signature, but I'm going to tidy it up a bit with some nail polish remover. So yay, I have some original Mika art. What's even better, is that Munny dolls come with a "mystery accessory", which is wrapped in foil, so you don't know what it is until you buy it. My Munny came with, what else? An axe.

Yo! :biggrin2:

IMG_1691c.jpg

IMG_1604c.jpg

Couch Potatoes :biggrin2:

IMG_1619c.jpg

IMG_1687c.jpg

Edited by OhMyMika!!

Photos Part 1. THE BIG SHOW!

Here is the mighty 5 o'clock queue! Party time! Excellent!

DSCN1615.jpg

Look at these lucky puppies, they're practically ON the stage!

I think this pic is so cute. Newcomer Pandasnacks is keeping her ticket safe in her mouth, and I believe Andrew is admiring her hair.

DSCN1619-1-1.jpg

OMG that one pic with my face! hahaha i was so surprised to see a pic of me!

and you can see my pink leopard print legs in that pic of us sitting in line outside!

Edited by pandasnacks