My Lady Jane / Toy Boy (Girl) project

Sivan

Hey everyone :)

so i had a project for my photography class...to do a self portrait.

i thought and thought what i should do...

we're suppose to put the final product on a little mounted board...so i wanted to make something nice that i could maybe hang on the wall or something.

ANYWAY! the first (good) idea i had was to make myself as a marionette... (i think its because i started looking for a school for puppetry and probably also had mika's show in my head...).

Than i got carried away with ideas... i went to MICHAELS my fave store in the world (art supplies) and spent TOO much money...

so basicly everything u see i made from scratch... EVERYTHING... even the rubric cube toy... (i wrapped a box in black paper and stuck colorful squares on it lol). the gift boxes i took some brown boxes and wrapped them... and the LADY JANE box that suppose to be the box the marionette came from - cut every letter on it, wrapped it etc (i know she is not a river fish but i liked the name for a marionette)...

The squares on the floor is also just B&W paper that i put on the floor. the wall is the only thing i did in photoshop.... you guys think it looks real? i hope so....

The makeup i did too... and the Mika (life in cartoom motion) skirt that i did around november 2007 :) that many of u seen before... ;)

It took me about 2 days to do... (cutting, sticking, designing, composition and taking the pictures).

I better get an A!!!

hope u guys like :)

_MG_1767-4.jpg

_MG_1767-3-Close.jpg

and for the people who asked..the eyes:

this is a closer look... i did MAKEUP all over my face and drew the eyes over my eyes when i close them... so my eyes are closed in the pic :)

_MG_1784-CloseUp.jpg

EDIT (november 24th, 2009):

so i see this today... I thought it was out on november 22nd...but i guess it was on september 22nd.... so Mika couldnt have copied me... but i SWEAR i didnt see this till now.... and i made mine like 10 days after his was in the magazine... this is just WEIRD!

mika_observer_nov09.jpg

Edited by Sivan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!! *hugs*

i really hope ill get an A....cause not only i worked on it for 2 days...i spent like $100 on it :blink: (and im POOR).... so...he better!

also funny thing... i think i had a dream about my teacher last night :teehee: if u know what i mean.... :naughty:

Thanks!!! *hugs*

i really hope ill get an A....cause not only i worked on it for 2 days...i spent like $100 on it :blink: (and im POOR).... so...he better!

also funny thing... i think i had a dream about my teacjer last night :teehee: if u know what i mean.... :naughty:

:lmfao:

Dang! I hate when that happens :sneaky2::roftl:

So that's why you put such a lot of work in it eh? :das:

lol actually no! when i get an idea and i can really visualise it.... i HAVE to make it happen... its an urge...lol

i just hope i wont start blushing tomrrow in class because of that dream :roftl:

Sivan! I love you!

When you described it to us earlier, I thought it would turn out amazing - but this is so much cooler than I could have ever imagined! FANTASTIC job, amiga! :thumb_yello:

You are so freakin talented!! :bow:

Thank you my dear! yeah i wasnt sure if it will turn out but it did pretty good :)

wow! Love it :mf_lustslow:

Thanks girl! *hugs*

lol actually no! when i get an idea and i can really visualise it.... i HAVE to make it happen... its an urge...lol

i just hope i wont start blushing tomrrow in class because of that dream :roftl:

Let me know how that turns out :biggrin2::naughty:

OMG!

Sivan, this looks absolutely amazing! I knew the idea was brilliant and it's SO wonderful to see how it all turned out. It's even better than I could have ever imagined!:wub2:

You have got real talent.:biggrin2:

really??:blush-anim-cl:

thanks taylor!!!!

Yes really.:biggrin2: It turned out so great. All of your pictures are so amazing! It was such a neat idea, and quite honestly I wasn't exactly sure how you'd make it work, but you did. :huglove:

Thanks! i could make it better if i had bigger things... but thats usually more money or more time... :teehee: but its enough for a homework assignment...lol

Thanks! i could make it better if i had bigger things... but thats usually more money or more time... :teehee: but its enough for a homework assignment...lol

Oh it looks great for working with what you had! I'm glad you picked Lady Jane for the name. It definitely works best.:wink2::thumb_yello:

If you don't get an "A" (which you will), you're cute teacher will have some angry MFCers to deal with.:sneaky2::naughty: