your decade (how's the past 10 years been for you?)

DarkLight

So I was thinking (ouch that hurt lol:boxed::mf_rosetinted:) anyway I got to thinking that we're at the end of the 1st decade of the millennium

so I was curious as to what it's been like for you? what good things have happened? what bad things have happened? what have you learnt

what has been your ultimate highlight?

and how do you think it's changed you?

I shall let you guys start off

so go on then tell us how it's been for you...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The year 200 was when I left Junior School and went into Senior School.

Senior school was crap: I got bullied, my relationship with my best friend got tried and tested, I lost all confidence.

2006 I went to college with no sense of style and complete uncertainty...but during those two years I came out of my shell a bit more and discovered I could bring my confidence back and realised I could be a better person.

I also suffered 2 small heartbreaks in the space of two years...

Discovered Mika 2007 and was the best thing to ever happen to me. My confidence started to grow and being alone in London with my best friend at our first ever Mika concert together helped made me realise that there's a world outside of Essex...

I had a major heartbreak this time last year.

I also studied ChildCare and Counselling and I've also had a job for over 3 years now...I've lost a lot of weight and gained a lot more independence. I'm starting to become my own person more.

I've also been to America, Italy, Egypt...

So all in all it's had it's ups and downs.

The year 200 was when I left Junior School and went into Senior School.

Senior school was crap: I got bullied, my relationship with my best friend got tried and tested, I lost all confidence.

2006 I went to college with no sense of style and complete uncertainty...but during those two years I came out of my shell a bit more and discovered I could bring my confidence back and realised I could be a better person.

I also suffered 2 small heartbreaks in the space of two years...

Discovered Mika 2007 and was the best thing to ever happen to me. My confidence started to grow and being alone in London with my best friend at our first ever Mika concert together helped made me realise that there's a world outside of Essex...

I had a major heartbreak this time last year.

I also studied ChildCare and Counselling and I've also had a job for over 3 years now...I've lost a lot of weight and gained a lot more independence. I'm starting to become my own person more.

I've also been to America, Italy, Egypt...

So all in all it's had it's ups and downs.

awwwwww our little caz is growing up so fast! :wub2:

10 years makes a huge difference when you are changing from a teenager to a young woman :huglove:

hmmm i'm so sorry to point out your typo but... :teehee:

year 200? how old are you caz??? :lmfao:

2000-Went to Austin for the first time with my Journelism Class in High school.

2001 - Got my GED and dad lost his job, went to college for a couple of semesters till we could no longer afford it.

2002 - got my first job (JCPenny) - Mom and I were in a horrid car accdent. Mom was unable to walk for 6 months. Quit my job to take care of her.

2003- Started working at Dillards, sold doll bodies as a side business, Mom sold a few dolls as well on e-bay.

2005-Went out to a bar for the first time.. that was truley bizarre. Most of the folks I run with aren't into that sort of thing.

2006-Dad found a job moved to Austin

2007- Moved to Austin with family. changed jobs for about three times. Finally settled on working at Sears. Discovered musician Josh Turner.. he's a lovely thing.

2008-Got my Drivers License! - learned the beginnings of how to knit... still working on that little hobby

2009:Got promoted at work, Discovered MIKA! Got my first car that wasn't over 8 years old.

All and All I've had my ups and downs. I'm a stronger person for it. I still would not mind redoing my early 20's thoguh. Not really thrilled about heading into one's 30's I still have 2 years to go before I leave my 20's thoguh XD.

awwwwww our little caz is growing up so fast! :wub2:

10 years makes a huge difference when you are changing from a teenager to a young woman :huglove:

hmmm i'm so sorry to point out your typo but... :teehee:

year 200? how old are you caz??? :lmfao:

lol I didn't even notice that bwaahahahhaaaa:roftl:

gosh that'd make her one old woman hehehe:teehee::naughty:

Wow, too many things happened in these ten years to even give a quick summary. I guess that's normal. 12 to 22 is quite a big gap, and probably one of those phases where you change the most in your entire life.

Or wait, I know a way:

--------------

first 3 years= all good; going to high school, having lots of friends, all is happy fluffy dreamy, still feeling like a child, carefree

next 4 years= worst period of my life so far; first serious relationship was awful, grades slipping fast, not liking my friends anymore, 2 important people in my life die in the same year, lost my best friend, afraid I won't get my high school diploma, major heartbreak, major problems with my mother, turning points for the better: break-up and I get deliberated --> diploma

last 3 years= slowly getting better, nice things happening; going to college, graduating --> bachelor social work, getting my driver's license and car, having a group of trustworthy friends, discovering Mika and joining a fanclub for the first time in my life :aah:, problems at home are getting better, life's becoming stable.

Well for me this past decade has been one of more downs than ups (sadly all my life has) but I think I've changed a lot as a person that's for sure

early 2000 I was 14 It was a very difficult year full of a lot of hell & abuse (I won't go into that) suffice to say It nearly ruined my life forever (it was a majorly traumatic time)

2002 I suffered heartbreak for the 1st time & it really hurt like hell, my mum's mum died the same week as I suffered heartbreak as well which was a huge smack in the face:boxed: also that year I was still dealing with the abuse that started in 2000 I also went through a period of 18 weeks where I was seriously Ill & bedridden (I nearly died!) I also suffered being hit by a car

late 2002 I became a friend of a sweet guy & he supported me through all the hell I was going through in my life (Including a nervous breakdown which was to be my 1st)

also in 2002 I started college which I attended for 1 year & got a city & guilds in maths & english ( I also started to play the guitar around the same time as well) and I stood up to a bully whilst at college which was the 1st time i'd ever done that in my life (he never bothered me again after that!)

about 2003 ish I had a severe allergic reaction to an anti depressant & nearly died!!!

when I turned 18 some 3 days after that I started to fancy the worlds sweetest guy:wub2: Sadly he was to go on to break my heart by coming out as gay a few years later (just a few weeks before my 22nd birthday) :crybaby:

2006 I saw Ricky Martin live for the 1st time which was amazing:wub2:

2007 (end of) I started to like Mika & I also moved back to my hometown of Hull

august 2007 was nearly murdered twice in a space of exactly a fortnight!

also in 2007 I was told my great auntie had cancer & i myself had 2 cancer scares & that was the year I started having panic attacks again

also in 2007 my gbf (the one i became friends with in 2002) abandoned me

2008 (feb 28th) I saw Mika live for the 1st time, I from mid feb 08 to 09 went through my 2nd nervous breakdown & lost a dangerous amount of weight (nearly got rushed to hospital & put on a drip) all 'cause of my heartbreak!!!

2009 may 25th my grandad died all of a sudden I saw Mika June 8th in sadlers wells then June 25th MJ died which left me devastated. Also this year I was "stabbed in the back" by some nasty woman though I won't go into that one!

and now we're at the end of 2009 & i'm not looking forward to next year much:boxed:

the above is only a little small brief glance of some of the things that have happened to me (by far it's not all the bad or good things or i'd be here all night) but just a small random sample of my past decade

I think i've definately grown & learnt a lot (especially how to deal with trauma & pain all on my own) and how to stick up for myself & also I have learnt to travel a huge distance to dangerous areas on my own & not be bothered by it too!

The 10 past years has been like crap for me.... the 10 next can only be better...

hmm join the club same here though i'm doubtful if it'll get better

that's the pessimist in me:boxed:

i hope you're next decade is far better than this last one :huglove:

The first part of the decade was good, I had a great job that I loved, I had my own house, things were great.

Then work slumped off, I went into business for myself, and that went well for a while, then around mid 2007, I had to sell up and start renting, for about 6 months, then work got so bad at the end of the year, going into 2008, I had to move in with my auntie. Which worked out okay as she had started to need someone around full time then. Also my friend started doing a lot of work away, and needing someone to look after his dogs. So between the two, I was okay for a roof over my head, but work was getting staedily worse, and the my van gave up the ghost, and I started using one, that one of my customers owned, but could only use it for his deliveries, this meant losing my other customers, and taking a dramatic paycut!

My sister and auntie got together to get me the van I have now, but it's not as big as the other one, so again, work is affected but it, adding to that the recession, the latter part of the decade, has been the worst time of my entire life!

The only things that have kept me sane, are my 2 best friends and discovering Mika.

I know that may sound a little lame, but I don't know how I would have kept my head, if he hadn't come along with his infectiously crazy music, when he did. And being lucky enough to meet and chat with him, and him being as cool and kind as he is, has been a real boost to me, and keeps me going every day. He certainly had good timing breaking out when he did.

I'm hoping that things get better at the start of the next decade. I have had a couple of promising bites as regards work, and the prospect of getting a new place, looks fairly good, we shall have to see.

Thx, and i hope the best for you too :huglove:

The first part of the decade was good, I had a great job that I loved, I had my own house, things were great.

Then work slumped off, I went into business for myself, and that went well for a while, then around mid 2007, I had to sell up and start renting, for about 6 months, then work got so bad at the end of the year, going into 2008, I had to move in with my auntie. Which worked out okay as she had started to need someone around full time then. Also my friend started doing a lot of work away, and needing someone to look after his dogs. So between the two, I was okay for a roof over my head, but work was getting staedily worse, and the my van gave up the ghost, and I started using one, that one of my customers owned, but could only use it for his deliveries, this meant losing my other customers, and taking a dramatic paycut!

My sister and auntie got together to get me the van I have now, but it's not as big as the other one, so again, work is affected but it, adding to that the recession, the latter part of the decade, has been the worst time of my entire life!

The only things that have kept me sane, are my 2 best friends and discovering Mika.

I know that may sound a little lame, but I don't know how I would have kept my head, if he hadn't come along with his infectiously crazy music, when he did. And being lucky enough to meet and chat with him, and him being as cool and kind as he is, has been a real boost to me, and keeps me going every day. He certainly had good timing breaking out when he did.

I'm hoping that things get better at the start of the next decade. I have had a couple of promising bites as regards work, and the prospect of getting a new place, looks fairly good, we shall have to see.

oh wow I hope things get better for you & I know what you mean about Mika making things better his music & sweetness & funniness has cheered me up during these very painful past 2 years I'll say:biggrin2:

good luck next year/decade I hope it turns out well :D

Archived