REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ O2 Academy, Birmingham FEB 25 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The video compilation!

In three parts....here are 1 & 2. 3 to follow when it's finished uploading.

Part 3.

LOVE the vids:wub2:

Fantastic complilation Vix:thumb_yello:

LOVE the vids:wub2:

Fantastic complilation Vix:thumb_yello:

What outfit were you wearing?? I was thinking a blue corset but there were so many of you that I really couldn't tell!! :naughty:

What outfit were you wearing?? I was thinking a blue corset but there were so many of you that I really couldn't tell!! :naughty:

I was wearing the yellow corset, near the back, just looking at the vid. It's the first time I've seem Mika kneeling for the procession, normally he's lying on the floor!

But I've not seen all the vids yet, so I could be wrong.

I was wearing the yellow corset, near the back, just looking at the vid. It's the first time I've seem Mika kneeling for the procession, normally he's lying on the floor!

But I've not seen all the vids yet, so I could be wrong.

He knelt at ours....and I think we were the first flower throwers??

Will check you out in yellow right now!! :thumb_yello:

OK .. Haven't done a report yet ... so will do a quick one ... as well ... you probably won't read it now anyway as It's over a week ago :wink2:

Birmingham ... When I arrived at the coach station and went outside to get a taxi ... I wanted to get to the hotel as quick as possible as it was midday already and wanted to get to the O2 as soon as I could .... loads of taxi's there ... ummmmmmmmmmm ... where are the drivers ... I stood there for 20 mins wondering if I was supposed to drive them myself ... very very odd first impression of Birmingham .... :lmfao: I've never had that before ... normally cars have people sitting in them ... :wink2: Eventually someone appeared and asked if I wanted a taxi ... nope ... I'm just standing at a taxi rank admiring the scenery with a huge feckoff case :teehee: So on we go to the Travelodge ... Jazzy booked it and had given me the details so I could check in ... was probably the nicest of the travelodge rooms I stayed in during this trip .... Got showered and changed and made sure I had everything I needed for the gig ... including maps of the area so I could get to the venue by foot ... this failed completely as I got completely lost ... ended up jumping in a taxi as had gone completely the wrong way .... by the time I arrived at the venue I was still undecided about being a BG .... was thinking of tons of reasons as to why it was a silly idea .... there were only 5 people in the queue by the time I got there and eventually was joined by Danika and Jennie - soon Buttons arrived and told me she was gonna try for BG too ... it was really flipping windy and cold in Birmingham ... so I think this is one of the major factors that made me decide to do it ... oh and the fact I would have been dragged in by Jazzy and Rose by my scarf if I'd decided suddenly to vacate the queue at 4.00pm and go and find a toilet ... I did pretend to do this around this time ... :teehee:

John came out ... and I found myself following the others into the venue with him ... we passed Mrs P and Yasmine in the venue ... who all said hello to us ... Mrs P pretty much followed us into a corridor where there were other girls already waiting ... in the end there was 10 of us - 4 Lollipop Girls and 6 Big Girls .... as John was doing his talk about what was expected of us etc etc etc I could see Mrs P sizing us up and deciding if we were suitable ... I still was worried at this point I might be too big .... or something else would conspire against me to make me unable to do this - but she gave us all the thumbs up ... we were then told to get ourselves drinks and go up to the balcony where we would be called when needed ... we were only there about 20 mins I think before Yasmine came and got us .... she led us back downstairs and along the front of the stage as the band were rehearsing ... I saw Imma smile at me as I went past ... she's really nice ... so we were given heads to carry through to a room ... corridor ... and then had to try on various ones until we were happy with them ... I nearly came unstuck here ... I couldn't find one that fit me ... after various attempts by Yasmine to fit the one I'd picked up ... (it was too big) I finally ended up with the blue one ... (it was still too big) .. but after a couple of adjustments it felt ok .... I was happy with it ... we then had about 6 rehearsals on the stage .... the first two we did with Cherrise drumming but we were walking/stomping too close together ... so we were spread more out and were queued by Yasmine as to when she wanted up to go on stage ... from the third rehearsal onwards it was just to Yasmine's footstomps and claps that we were keeping time too ... it was ok until about the middle of the stage ... but I couldn't really hear her from that point on ... so I just matched my steps to Jazzy's until I left the stage .... I was pretty happy by the end of the rehearsals - that I'd be ok and not make a complete mess of things ... we then were led back upstairs to our dressing room and had sandwiches ... I phoned my Mum to tell it was happening ... she was really really shocked ... she knows how shy I am and couldn't believe I was about to go on stage in front of thousands of people and dance with Mika ... I assured I was not going mad and would be ok ... :teehee: Eventually Mrs P returned and we were given our costumes ... I got the orange corset ... it was slightly smaller then she would have liked (something about a bag being left in the car after Newcastle that had the biggest corset in ... but it felt ok - it was actually too big in the chest for me so what the other would have been like I have no idea :lmfao:) So eventually we were told we were done and put our coats (or cloaks on) and were allowed back into the venue ... which was now full of people :wink2:

We chose our seats on the balcony ... had a really good view of the stage ... was quite amazing actually seeing the show from this vantage point ... I normally don't like seats when you have a standing option ... but you get a different experience and perspective - the book thing (even though it was the smaller screen version - looked amazing) seeing the crowd respond to Mika .... he's just incredible .... but it's nice to see other people's reaction to him ... we were sat across from Yasmine (who was continously taking photo's of him) and she was really into it ... you'd think she'd be immune by now ... but it was really nice to see ... Mrs P was sat at the end of our row ... and again was looking around just smiling at everyone's reaction ... how proud must they be of him ... I'm proud of him and I'm just a fan ... he's just something really special .... :wub2: So eventually Doctor John comes on ... and finally we get the queue from Mrs P it's time to go .... and you know what ... I'm not even nervous ... not abit ... that surprised me ... I had butterflies .... but from excitement ... we went downstairs ... and were helped into our heads .... so Happy Ending follows Doctor John ... and we should be up next .... so we're all ready ... flowers in hand ... claw hand in postion ... and he does Relax next ... Mrs P was so funny ... "He's changed the set list - so sorry so sorry - it'll be next" - So I just dance around the corridor clutching flowers with a strange blue head on ... I love Relax ... I can't stand still when it's on ... so now we have it ... the intro starts ... I'm 3rd from last ... Rose it behind me ... can't remember who was last ... Jazzy in front of me ... all the rehearsals we did ... the flowers were in our left hand ... don't move your hand at all ... Mika will be on the left of you ... just open your hand and let it drop ... don't move your hand ... oh and I'm stage now ... oh ... I can do this ... to the beat of Cherrise's drums ... it's fine ... keep far enough back from Jazzy ... oooh yes ... middle of the stage ... flowers ... where is Mika ... he's not there ... oh he's on the right of me ... Silly boy .... have to move hand now ... throw flowers ... make claw hand ... and off we go .... I don't even remember the crowd ... or anything much ... no nerves certainly ... we all got well dones when we came off stage and were allowed to stand at the side of the stage until Lollipop .. so we just danced and stuff ... especially to We Are Golden and Grace Kelly .... Mika appeared briefly and spoke to us ... saw him giving Rose some odd looks :teehee: Remember getting high fives from Jimmy and spoke to Imma ... and then it's time for the heads again for Lollipop ... put mine on myself but it was abit looser this time ... so on stage we go ... I danced next to Imma mostly ... I remember during one bit suddenly seeing Mika peering into my face .... singing .... before he disappeared again ... I saw where Danika and Jennie were straight away in the audience ... and then saw Mikafish too ... I actually looked at the crowd going crazy - with all the balloons and confetti ... I didn't think I'd look at them ... but you just get carried away .... I don't dance very well ... but I enjoyed myself ... so then it's all over and we're rushing back upstairs to get changed .... the others disappeared so it was just Jazzy, Rose, Buttons and myself left ... got directed to the VIP section of the balcony when we came out ... obviously know that we missed Mika ... and were told we would see him Sunday ... Rose had the problems with her bag being in Mikafish's car and not able to get hold of her due to her phone dying but thankfully that turned out ok too .... got a cab back to the hotel and slept really well .. which was good as my coach left at 7.30am to head home ... so that's part one of my Mika adventure done and dusted ... so glad I did do the whole BG thing ... If he does it in Europe ... I really recommend it ... If I can do it ... anyone can :wub2:

OK vids are up now for this ... :boing:

Beginning of Show

Rain

Blame It On The Girls

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

Could you update the first post please ... :)

Part 3.

The video compilation!

In three parts....here are 1 & 2. 3 to follow when it's finished uploading.

Beginning of Show

Rain

Blame It On The Girls

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

fantastic vids!!! t4p:flowers2:

Beginning of Show

Rain

Blame It On The Girls

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

THANK YOU Laurel!

Sooo loved reading your review aswelll!

I would have loved to be a BG, I wish I had now!

BUT I am so happy I got to the front instead!

Hope you dont mind but I have subscribed to you on you tube and am following you on twitter now :)

Hope thats okay!

Thanks Again! :D

BTW, I saw you at the Brum gig, but was too shy to say something LOL

Love your sig by the way!

:D

THANK YOU Laurel!

Sooo loved reading your review aswelll!

I would have loved to be a BG, I wish I had now!

BUT I am so happy I got to the front instead!

Hope you dont mind but I have subscribed to you on you tube and am following you on twitter now :)

Hope thats okay!

Thanks Again! :D

BTW, I saw you at the Brum gig, but was too shy to say something LOL

Love your sig by the way!

Of course it's ok ... I'm shy too .... which makes the fact I went on stage as a BG quite shocking :wub2:

I'm still uploading vids .... I still have Hammersmith 2, Brighton and Bristol to do :aah:

Of course it's ok ... I'm shy too .... which makes the fact I went on stage as a BG quite shocking :wub2:

I'm still uploading vids .... I still have Hammersmith 2, Brighton and Bristol to do :aah:

I bet it was amazing experience though!

AND you get a photo with him!

WOW!

Jealous much! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

How were they then?

Sorry for the late reply by the way!

: )

I bet it was amazing experience though!

AND you get a photo with him!

WOW!

Jealous much! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

How were they then?

Sorry for the late reply by the way!

: )

He's amazing ... they were all amazing ... :wub2: I don't know if I would go to so many in such a short space of time ... I was really really sick right after .... flu ... :aah: But I don't regret it either ... all my videos are up now ... they speak for themselves really :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/laureljr

Though saying that ... I'd give anything to see him again right now :teehee:

I'm feeling better now :wink2:

He's amazing ... they were all amazing ... :wub2: I don't know if I would go to so many in such a short space of time ... I was really really sick right after .... flu ... :aah: But I don't regret it either ... all my videos are up now ... they speak for themselves really :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/laureljr

Though saying that ... I'd give anything to see him again right now :teehee:

I'm feeling better now :wink2:

Ow, gutting,

Glad to hear you're feeling better now! :)

Totally worth it!

I know, he always leaves you wanting more doesn't he!

I can't stop watching video's of the concerts!

What you think of Kick Ass???

:)

Ow, gutting,

Glad to hear you're feeling better now! :)

Totally worth it!

I know, he always leaves you wanting more doesn't he!

I can't stop watching video's of the concerts!

What you think of Kick Ass???

:)

It's on constant flipping repeat ... I'm playing it right now ... love it too bits :boing: