The first time you listened to MIKA

VanessaBMujaes

Hello, my dear MIKA lovers, now, :biggrin2:

I WANT yOU TO tell me about the FIRST time YOU listened or saw MIKA, What was your first impression? How did you become a fan?:shocked

Ok, here goes mine;:biggrin2:I have insomia almost every night, so I usually fall sleep with the turned on television. One day I see this videoclip; we are golden; An extraordinarily handsome man, his face and the way that he danced, I simply needed to know everything about him, so I began to investigate... :teehee: when I noticed he had Lebanese roots, I felt so happy, :blush-anim-cl:

Then I began to listen to all his songs !!! and now I´m just crazy about him, I have never admired such a complete artist, his songs are amazing, the lyrics, the sounds, his voice is so special and unique!!:wink2: and he is a child just like me!!! the colours, the toys, the drawings, all is so familiar to me because I ´ve always enjoyed those things

Mika makes me happy, indeed , he appeared in my life in a sort of dark & bored moment, and I´m thankful!!! because he is coloring my days :wub2:

Ok; now is your turn

Kisses

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Jan. 2007, I was on youtube looking for videos of Chris Kattan, and I found this:

and I fell in love with Love Today, and looked into the rest of Mika's music and...yeah. :swoon:

hmmmm. I remember in 2007 Grace kelly being a HUGE hit over here, so i dont really remember the first time i heard that (i wasnt really a massive fan then...but i loved the song:wub2:) and then i remember we where about to leave home one day and i went to turn off the tv, and Happy ending was playing on the music channel. I remember thinking this thought

'Is that that 'Mika' dude?:blink: I didnt know he sang anything else. hmmm. its nice.' I listened to the whole thing, then forgot (aside from that one love today obbsession in 2008 :teehee:) about him until september last year, and now he is my GOD. hehe. :biggrin2:

wow. long story.:roftl:

Early 2007 i remember MTV was playing a clip of Grace Kelly after almost every show for like a week. I fell in loooove with just the clip.

A few days after hearing it i finally saw the whole video before school on MTV and i was all :mf_lustslow: I remember i yelled for my sister like "SANDY SANDY! LOOOK! LISTEN! I LOVE THIS SONG!" :naughty: She didn't care.

ohh cool well i remember my first time very clearly

it was around march 2007 that i heard grace kelly, i was watching video hits on a saturday morning and my family left me watching it by myself and i was so attracted to the tv i was sitting so close and i was like he looks like a little puppet in red pj's and it was so cute and that tune got stuck in my head, i heard the ads for his album and it just grew from then....THEN when i heard relax i was like omg i heard that a couple of months ago and then i felt even more special so i just kept listening ever sinceeeeeee!!!!!

Here's a copy of my introduction post:

Hi Mika-fans!

In march I heard a great song on Dutch Radio 2, it was Mika with Grace Kelly, which I didn't know at that time. My husband came home from work that night and told me that he had heard a great song at the radio. (Radio 2!) He also didn't know the titel or the name of the singer but het wrote down the time at which it was aired. He looked it up at the playlist of the show and that's how we found out it was MIKA! That evening we searched Youtube for the video and when he found it we didn't go to bed till 1.30h in the night/ morning. We saw and (listened to) it over and over again, maybe 30 times. A few weeks later I bought the album (I almost never buy CD's, but I had to have this one!) and it's in my CD-player almost constantly. I love the songs and I love the guy that Mika is. I think he is a very smart boy (man), very vivid and he really knows want he wants and how he wants it. I love his songs and lyrics. Hope he has a great future, as well in music as for his personal life.

well my first time was kinda like urs... it was sometime in 2007 i cant remember the exact date but, i couldnt sleep but i had the radio on and then grace kelly came on and i was like :shocked: it was really good then i slept and the next day at school i told my friend about it but i didnt know the name of the song i told her he says y dont u like me a lot and she called me emo :naughty: but i was like no i swear its not like that its actually really good then my sister downloaded it for me and i watched the film clip when i saw him it was like magic :mf_lustslow: fell in love like that! then yeh it started from there and hasnt stopped!

aww i'm a little bit late.it was early 2008,and i had nothing else to do but to watch the stuff on mtv.i saw happy ending and immediately fell in love with the video and the song.as usual,i noticed the artist's name 'mika',but i don't remember his song title.i started youtube-ing for him and eventually i became a fan to this day :wub2:

It was January 2007, i skipped thru music channels, and suddenly stopped - don't know why (till now, coz I can't remember the moment of video exactly) - it was GK! I was stunned! It strongly reminded me of Freddie (sorry Mika, it is... I was a huge Queen fan so I can see better :naughty:), and I started to wait for this video again and again. Soon I've got LICM. He made me feel as if a sun came, in any mood.

But a crazy mad obsessed addicted fan I became only this autumn.

So, I'm proud I caught maybe the first time they played GK (MTV or VH1 - i can't say)!!!! I was among the first people who ever seen GK!! (i had exams and then holidays so i haven't turned off my music channels and was an expert in all the vids).

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

Almost all of U , fell in love with MIKA in Grace Kelly video, jajajaj , :naughty:

I´m also a crazy mad fanatic, jojoj and when I say to my friends HEY HEY HEY , look at him, isn´t he gorgeous!!! half of them ignored me and the other half just loved him inmediatly!!:wub2:

Another thought when I saw "We are GOLDEN" was, oh that messy bedroom is similar to mine, specially the shoes part!! jejeje:blush-anim-cl:

The first time I ever heard Mika was in dance class, October 2008.

My dance teacher plays Mika constantly, and I've always enjoyed the songs,

but I never really looked up the "face behind the music" until November 2009,

about a whole year later! Now I am completely hooked..

have bought all his albums, watched all the videos & videoblogs, joined the fanclub, & such.

I love him. :roftl::wub2::teehee:

The first time I ever heard Mika was in dance class, October 2008.

My dance teacher plays Mika constantly, and I've always enjoyed the songs,

but I never really looked up the "face behind the music" until November 2009,

about a whole year later! Now I am completely hooked..

have bought all his albums, watched all the videos & videoblogs, joined the fanclub, & such.

I love him. :roftl::wub2::teehee:

I wanna go to YOur dance studio!! :sneaky2:

We listen to stupid top 10 stuff. :aah:

The first time I listened to Mika was at my Grandma's.. I was on My Grandma's computer with my friend.. it's a really long story. :naughty: her Headline was,"I LOVE MIKA!!!" she didn't talk about him much at school, or atleast.. I ignored it.. but.. don't hit me in the head!! I thought Mika was a girl.. and I said who is she? (I live in America btw, and was sort of idiot minded then. :teehee: )

Friend: Ohhh! Just a very hot British.. GUY!

Me: :teehee: OH! really? *googles*

... (5 min. later)

Me: :shocked: OH my gosh!! he is hot!

:lmfao: I sound like a 5 year old.

anyway, After she left.. I downloaded Stuck in the Middle from iTunes .. Listened, and loved it.. dunno why SITM.. just because it wasn't popular, and I didn't want to hear one of the best songs and be dissapointed by the rest (later I learned they're all lovely :wub2: ) .. It was the only song of Mika's I had on my iPod for about 1-2 months.. then I finally downloaded the whole album..

My friend found out about Mika through a fashion show..

It was February or March 2007 when I heard Grace Kelly for the first time on the radio. And I loved it, like I never loved a song before. I was addicted to this song, but I didn't knew anything about Mika at this time.

Then I saw a report about him on TV, my mum said: "This Mika, he's such a sympathic young guy, isn't he?:teehee:"

I just was like:"Oh mum *rolleyes*"

If I only knew she was so damn right:roftl:

A few weeks later I heard Relax for the first time on the radio. And I just thought:"Woooow!!! This guy is ****in talented!"

I never liked two songs of the same artist before:roftl::roftl:

A few days later a friend of mine stayed the night at my home. I showed her Relax and Grace Kelly and she said that she also liked it.

That night we searched for Mika on the internet. And we found a stream with the London Koko concert. We saw it like 6 times, the whole night. We read his bio and fell in love with this guy.

Since this night Mika is an attitude of life for me and my friend.

I wanna go to YOur dance studio!! :sneaky2:

We listen to stupid top 10 stuff. :aah:

The first time I listened to Mika was at my Grandma's.. I was on My Grandma's computer with my friend.. it's a really long story. :naughty: her Headline was,"I LOVE MIKA!!!" she didn't talk about him much at school, or atleast.. I ignored it.. but.. don't hit me in the head!! I thought Mika was a girl.. and I said who is she? (I live in America btw, and was sort of idiot minded then. :teehee: )

Friend: Ohhh! Just a very hot British.. GUY!

Me: :teehee: OH! really? *googles*

... (5 min. later)

Me: :shocked: OH my gosh!! he is hot!

:lmfao: I sound like a 5 year old.

anyway, After she left.. I downloaded Stuck in the Middle from iTunes .. Listened, and loved it.. dunno why SITM.. just because it wasn't popular, and I didn't want to hear one of the best songs and be dissapointed by the rest (later I learned they're all lovely :wub2: ) .. It was the only song of Mika's I had on my iPod for about 1-2 months.. then I finally downloaded the whole album..

My friend found out about Mika through a fashion show..

Yeah my dance teacher is the best ahah. :roftl: But I'm sure your studio is lovely!

I think this will be my last year though..I have way too much going on to spend my time at dance class everyday.

And that's a cute story. :biggrin2: I wish my friends liked Mika! :boxed:

Well they do a little, but now they are annoyed since I talk about him all the time. :blush-anim-cl:

It was when Grace Kelly was out in 2007 (: I loved that song and his future singles. But I just remember seeing the Happy Ending video and listening to that song and I don't know, something clicked that this guy was just so immense. I got his album and there it started off. xD

There's just something about him...

Yeah my dance teacher is the best ahah. :roftl: But I'm sure your studio is lovely!

I think this will be my last year though..I have way too much going on to spend my time at dance class everyday.

And that's a cute story. :biggrin2: I wish my friends liked Mika! :boxed:

Well they do a little, but now they are annoyed since I talk about him all the time. :blush-anim-cl:

she doesn't like him anymore.. :tears:

:lmfao: it's my fault though.. I called her to share Mika Joy with her.. every night. :roftl:

I have 2 other friends who like them.. they still get annoyed though.. :naughty:

she doesn't like him anymore.. :tears:

:lmfao: it's my fault though.. I called her to share Mika Joy with her.. every night. :roftl:

I have 2 other friends who like them.. they still get annoyed though.. :naughty:

:roftl: That's so funny! It's exactly the same with me!

My friends like him and want to go to his show with me when he next tours the U.S. but now everytime I even mention him they start ignoring me. :sneaky2:

If only we had Mika obsessive fan friends. :bleh::lol3:

:roftl: That's so funny! It's exactly the same with me!

My friends like him and want to go to his show with me when he next tours the U.S. but now everytime I even mention him they start ignoring me. :sneaky2:

If only we had Mika obsessive fan friends. :bleh::lol3:

My Friend is Obsessed with Justin Bieber. :lmfao: :lmfao:

I have nothing against him.. he's just too famous here. :aah:

I can't wait for Meeks to come back to the U.S.. :wub2:

I can´t simply understand WHY JustIN bIEBER IS SO popular and WHY ???he is Always a worldwide trending on TWITTER, WHYYYY i REALLY DON´T GET IT

is just a boy with a cute face, HE IS SWEET also..but I think he`s like a baby.. . really, with talent but still a child.

And did you hear about Sliimy, :boxed: Oh my gosh!!!!:aah:

Cuakkkkk, Perez Hilton says he is similar to MIKA :sneaky2: JAAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJ

hE IS FRENCH, and I dislike him, not even closer to MIKA. hE Scares ME.:roftl:

Jojojojo

Bye, I wish I had obsessed MIKA fans like friends too,my friends think he is attractive, but they are not crazy about him as I am:mf_lustslow:

a kiss

I can´t simply understand WHY JustIN bIEBER IS SO popular and WHY ???he is Always a worldwide trending on TWITTER, WHYYYY i REALLY DON´T GET IT

is just a boy with a cute face, HE IS SWEET also..but I think he`s like a baby.. . really, with talent but still a child.

And did you hear about Sliimy, :boxed: Oh my gosh!!!!:aah:

Cuakkkkk, Perez Hilton says he is similar to MIKA :sneaky2: JAAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJ

hE IS FRENCH, and I dislike him, not even closer to MIKA. hE Scares ME.:roftl:

Jojojojo

Bye, I wish I had obsessed MIKA fans like friends too,my friends think he is attractive, but they are not crazy about him as I am:mf_lustslow:

a kiss

:lmfao: I totally agree about Justin Bieber, he is talented, I'm happy for him.. but he's not all that.. "awesome" :aah:

Yes, I know about Sliimy.. :lmfao:

he is nothing like Mika! they're totally different! especially their voices!! even Sliimy said not to judge an artist by his hairstyle. :roftl: