The first time you listened to MIKA

VanessaBMujaes

-- wow, i soo dont remember posting in this thread yesterday :blink: --

Same here :lmfao:

:naughty:

but now on this last US tour she was next to me on the barricade singing her ass off. :roftl:

Edited by BangBangLou
im an idiot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember hearing the chorus of Gace Kelly in April 2007 on the TV... it was on one of those ads where you send a text message to a number and they send you a ringtone. Anyways, I disliked Grace Kelly at first, then I started to tolerate it, then I started to like it...

I think i searched for the full film clip on Youtube or saw it on TV, and I found out that my sister had downloaded it off iTunes. I ended up buying the album on the 3rd of May, and have been a fan ever since!

I first heard MIKA In February of 2007. My husband and I were not getting along very well and I decided to go to a movie by myself. I went to see Norbit, and before the movie they always have some trivia up on the screen as well as some commercials and videos. Grace Kelly Came on and I was immediately won over. I entered it into my phone so that I would not forget and as soon as the movie was over I went home and watched the video again! Over and over and over.....lol. Needless to say I downloaded the song right away and have purchased all other songs by MIKA since.

The radio exactly three years ago! (No, seriously! Exactly!)

It was the week before spring break (Which is right now!), and 'Grace Kelly' in the top 5 newest most popular songs of the day (or something like that) on the radio station I listen to. It was third or something. It came on and I was immediately in love. I listened every night at the same time to hear the song again. Haha, and it took me forever to figure out the title and the musician because I didn't know which song was which.

Then came Spring Break. . . and I was incrediably bored, and all my friends were off doing things, so I YouTubed Mika videos like a mad-woman.

And thus my love for Mika music was born.

Yo voy a escribir en español, ya que mi ingles is so bad :(

Era el 2007, mediados de abril y llega una compañera mia de clases y me dice : Estoy enamorada . Yo dije, otra vez no!, quien sera su amor esta vez, y me salio que se llamaba Mika y me comenzo a contar cosas sobre el. Yo lo odiaba, no pasaba el dia en que no se hablara de él y yo muy necia no lo escuchaba, ni buscaba material suyo. Solo lo odiaba. Hasta que un dia en el metro mi amiga me dice: Mira, ese joven se parece a Mika y yo :shocked:. Mori, era muy guapo y pense... como sera el de verdad :teehee: hahahahaha. Busque su myspace y escuche Billy Brown. Me mato... desde ahi yo comenze a quererlo, hinche las pelotas a mi viejo que vive en USA para que me comprara el CD, me cree una cuenta en el MFC, pero se me perdio la contraseña. Fotologs con niñas argentinas era mi vicios. Mika fue una revelación. Paso un tiempo y lo deje de lado, tenia otra motivaciones y Mika ya no me interesaba tanto.Me paso un accidente automovilistico y casi muero, en el hospital, en emergencias cuando yo reacione era la rock and pop y pusieron Grace Kelly (la primera vez que ponian a Mika en Chile) y llore. Mika volvia a mi. Jamas lo deje y sigue siendo mi amor platonico. :mf_lustslow:

Im a bit nervous coz ive only just joined, but here is my first email. I first heard mika one morning before school, it obviously was grace kelly. After that i just loved every song that came out after that! I went to see him live last feb and he is so much better live than on his cd. That's very rare! There isnt one song i dont like!

From laura

When I first heart Grace Kelly, I hated it !. :blink:

Dunno, but they played it too much I think , I didn't liked it at all .. Ö

And then the next single came out and I didn't say anything about it ..

I remember that I was sitting on my bed listening to the radio and I was listening Love Today on the radio and I was singing along .. :aah:

Dunno why , but that's a moment that I keep remembering .. :roftl:

Then WAG came out , a year later or so, and I dunno what my reaction was, I think I don't remembered that I hated MIKA or so.. :aah: But I became a fan when I heard a part of Rain . Omg that's soooo late Ö

But they were saying what would become the new 'Big Hit' , and they were playing a part of every song , and I was thinking that it where stupid songs, then the guy from the radio began to play the part of Rain and I immediately thought 'Is that MIKA?' the guy from the radio said that it was MIKA and I thought that he's previous songs were better . (First hated them .. :blink:) But then I thought 'Let us hope this become the new 'Big Hit' and it became 'Big Hit' so I was happy :teehee:

And then I was just a MIKA-fan , but then I bought the first cd (2 years after the release :blink::aah:) and then I wanted to go to a gig and then I was a MIKA-freak and I love all the songs , Grace Kelly too . :wub2:

I don't understand myself , and I still don't understand that I first hated MIKA . :boxed:

Omg that's a long story ..:mf_rosetinted:

Im a bit nervous coz ive only just joined, but here is my first email. I first heard mika one morning before school, it obviously was grace kelly. After that i just loved every song that came out after that! I went to see him live last feb and he is so much better live than on his cd. That's very rare! There isnt one song i dont like!

From laura

It's now you're nervous.

Go to mikagasmics thread and relax a little :naughty:

Welcome to MFC!!!

• 2 years later...
Hello, my dear MIKA lovers, now, :biggrin2:

I WANT yOU TO tell me about the FIRST time YOU listened or saw MIKA, What was your first impression? How did you become a fan?:shocked

Ok, here goes mine;:biggrin2:I have insomia almost every night, so I usually fall sleep with the turned on television. One day I see this videoclip; we are golden; An extraordinarily handsome man, his face and the way that he danced, I simply needed to know everything about him, so I began to investigate... :teehee: when I noticed he had Lebanese roots, I felt so happy, :blush-anim-cl:

Then I began to listen to all his songs !!! and now I´m just crazy about him, I have never admired such a complete artist, his songs are amazing, the lyrics, the sounds, his voice is so special and unique!!:wink2: and he is a child just like me!!! the colours, the toys, the drawings, all is so familiar to me because I ´ve always enjoyed those things

Mika makes me happy, indeed , he appeared in my life in a sort of dark & bored moment, and I´m thankful!!! because he is coloring my days :wub2:

Ok; now is your turn

I love harry potter so I was watching

and I loved the song so I looked it up, listened to lollipop :lg: and we are golden + GRACE KELLY and fell in love...:mikalove::mikadas:

The very first time I really don't know ! I think it was the radio. But the first time I paid attention to his music, it was probably in early 2009 or 2010, I can't remember. I was looking for music to put on my new MP3 that I got for Christmas. I didn't know how to download music so I was picking up randomly in my father's playlist. He didn't have a lot of Mika's song so I put Lollipop and Relax. I really liked Lollipop ! It was one of my favourite song but I didn't pay attention to the artist who was singing it. :teehee:

In June 2011, when Elle me dit was playing all the time on the radio, I realised that it was the same singer as Relax and Lollipop. In few days, I was listening to his other songs, that I had already hear somewhere but didn't know who was singing it. Then I saw his lovely face and felt in love. With his music of course. :mf_rosetinted:

The first time that I listened Mika, I thought that I would never be interested to that signer... Lollipop? (as my friend translated it) sucking something? ouf.... wierd well :doh:

It's when "Elle me dit" became to the radio that I say "hey! that's great!", so I've interested myself to his work... and him btw (even that he's sooo cute!)...

When I've seen him for the first time, I was in an angelic way... oh my god! He's too much! :wub2:

That's it!

It was January 2007, I saw the Grace Kelly video on either MTV or VH1, and I totally fell in love with it. A day or so later I found a download (the album hadn't been released in the US yet) and by the time I was half-way through Lollipop I was planning to go buy it the day it was released. :wub2:

I was seven the first time i heard Mika and completely fell in love with Relax from then on i have been devoted to him ! I was finally old enough to go to a gig in the uk this summer and the obsession has just got bigger especially when i kind of jumped on stage at the end of rock the games !:mikadas:

Way back in 2007, when I wasn't even at secondary school. Grace Kelly was playing on the radio throughout the summer and I loved it. Then I heard Love Today , which I liked even more and was dancing around to it. My mum said to me 'you like mika don't you?'. I'd never made the connection between the two songs and I didn't even know who (or what) mika was. I've been in love with his music (and him) ever since!:mikalove:

The first time I listened to Mika was when a former friend of mine introduced me to 'Grace Kelly' when it came on the radio in Belgium. She loved his song much more then I did at that moment :naughty:. I just 'liked' it. But when I heard more and more songs of him, I truely fell in love with him and his songs. And now, all those years later, I'm still very in love with Mika and his music (and my former friend doesn't like his music anymore, boooo!)

• 2 months later...