We can make it BETTER! The Kick Ass Support Thread

mellody

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just noticed that it's possible to vote again if you use a different browser - at least, as long as you don't log in (haven't tried that) but use the "i am human" function. :wink2:

i just noticed that it's possible to vote again if you use a different browser - at least, as long as you don't log in (haven't tried that) but use the "i am human" function. :wink2:

I never thought of using that I Am human function ! Well spotted!

I'm voting now with Firefox (logged in) and Safari (I am human):naughty:

I sent an email to an german radio station yesterday, promoting Kick Ass and what a fab musician Mika is.

And I hear the Top 44 on this radio station ATM.

Kick Ass was no. 29 last week, this week he's down at no. 43! :shocked:

And the host added one of silliest comments I've ever heard.

She said that she imagines to wake next to Mika in the morning and he's screaming in her ear then. And she mentioned that she doesn't like him and blah blah blah:sneaky2::hair::blowup::giljotiini:

I was so angry that I just sent another email in the studio with the so-called "studiobutton", complaining about her comment and that this is not apt.

Ha.:aah:

And that on my favourite radio station.

I'm voting now with Firefox (logged in) and Safari (I am human):naughty:

I sent an email to an german radio station yesterday, promoting Kick Ass and what a fab musician Mika is.

And I hear the Top 44 on this radio station ATM.

Kick Ass was no. 29 last week, this week he's down at no. 43! :shocked:

And the host added one of silliest comments I've ever heard.

She said that she imagines to wake next to Mika in the morning and he's screaming in her ear then. And she mentioned that she doesn't like him and blah blah blah:sneaky2::hair::blowup::giljotiini:

I was so angry that I just sent another email in the studio with the so-called "studiobutton", complaining about her comment and that this is not apt.

Ha.:aah:

And that on my favourite radio station.

Well I knew the UK song wouldn't win Eurovision and so I was sticking up for Denmark, not Germany, last night. The Denmark song, and the singers, were way better than Germany. So you can tell that stupid radio presenter that, from me!

Well I knew the UK song wouldn't win Eurovision and so I was sticking up for Denmark, not Germany, last night. The Denmark song, and the singers, were way better than Germany. So you can tell that stupid radio presenter that, from me!

it's never the songs i like that win eurovision, that's why i don't watch it anymore. :bleh: dunno what the danish song sounds like, but i bet you're right that it was better than the german one. :naughty: never particularly liked it, and meanwhile it's really getting on my nerves since they keep playing it on the radio like 50x per day, since several weeks. :aah: but they keep ignoring all our kick ass requests. :sad:

it's never the songs i like that win eurovision, that's why i don't watch it anymore. :bleh: dunno what the danish song sounds like, but i bet you're right that it was better than the german one. :naughty: never particularly liked it, and meanwhile it's really getting on my nerves since they keep playing it on the radio like 50x per day, since several weeks. :aah: but they keep ignoring all our kick ass requests. :sad:

Yes, that's typical. I think the reason Lena won, with her tuneless voice and even less tuneful song, was that it was played... and played... and played all over Europe. This just goes to show how radio play can help even a rubbish song like that to do well. If only Mika's Kick-Ass had had the same attention.

And yes... I loved the Denmark song and there were two brilliant singers, a man and a woman, who were singing it. It was just the sort of song that Mika fans would like because it had a decent tune.

I have some good news :biggrin2:

thanks to you guys all voting for KA on NZ radio stations, they're now playing KA on the radio and ON NZ's BIGGEST MUSIC TV STATION!

And I know its working cos;

In my art class today, a couple guys and girls were talking, and it went like this;

Boy; do you remember Mika from when we were 13?

Girl; umm, yes! he was awesome when he first came out, but he kinda went off the radar.

Boy; oh, well he FINALLY has a new song, and its really good.

*two other girls*; really?

boy; yeah, its called.. something ass, or something like that, it goes with that superhero movie! Yea.. oi, *he pokes me* you're totally in love with Mika aye. Whats the song called?

Me; i think its called kick ass.. (trying not to play the part of obsessed fan)

another girl; oh yea! i brought it off itunes yesterday, i have it on my phone!

then they play it :arf2: the conversation drifted off, but yaay :biggrin2: :biggrin2: WE HAVE SUCCESS PEOPLE.

I have some good news :biggrin2:

thanks to you guys all voting for KA on NZ radio stations, they're now playing KA on the radio and ON NZ's BIGGEST MUSIC TV STATION!

And I know its working cos;

In my art class today, a couple guys and girls were talking, and it went like this;

Boy; do you remember Mika from when we were 13?

Girl; umm, yes! he was awesome when he first came out, but he kinda went off the radar.

Boy; oh, well he FINALLY has a new song, and its really good.

*two other girls*; really?

boy; yeah, its called.. something ass, or something like that, it goes with that superhero movie! Yea.. oi, *he pokes me* you're totally in love with Mika aye. Whats the song called?

Me; i think its called kick ass.. (trying not to play the part of obsessed fan)

another girl; oh yea! i brought it off itunes yesterday, i have it on my phone!

then they play it :arf2: the conversation drifted off, but yaay :biggrin2: :biggrin2: WE HAVE SUCCESS PEOPLE.

That is wonderful news!

Do you know Omegle ? You can do a chat with anonymous people. I tried it the day before yesterday and after many many boring chats which started all like: asl?, I had a nice conversation with a girl from finland.

Here is the interesting extract, I like to show you:

You: i like ella, it reminds me of this american show

You: ella

Stranger: oh thanks : )

Stranger: which one? : D

You: elle : D

Stranger: elle? : D

Stranger: sorry i dont know i

Stranger: t

You: ah, ellen i mean

You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NziYhb-jS1k

You: : D : D : D

Stranger: ohh ellen degeneres? : D

Stranger: yeah i love her

Stranger: : D

You: she's brilliant, i saw a vod of her, with obama in her show and they danced together : D

Stranger: cool

Stranger: omgg : D

Stranger: yeah shes funny

Stranger: well might be the script or what ever but shes got a nice show anyway

You: do you know mika?

Stranger: yess

Stranger: i love hiss new album's new songg

Stranger: what was it againg

Stranger: again*

Stranger: we are young

Stranger: kickasss

You: yeeeeeeeeah : D

You: we are young we are strong...

Stranger: yeah : D

You: but it'ds not from his album, it's the soundtrack of the kick ass movie : D

You: i'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuge fan : D best artist ever : D and cute : D

Stranger: aww : D

Stranger: yeah

Stranger: thats true

Stranger: when his first album was out and he began to come famous

Stranger: i thought he was finnish xd

Stranger: ive always thought mika is a finnish name only

Stranger: but guess not : D

You: i thought he was from france : D

You: cause he lived here for 9 years

Stranger: hahah : D

You: but he's from lebanon : D

Stranger: yeahh what a disappointment : (

Stranger: do you know coeur de pirate?

You: ouiiiiiiiiii, one of my friends hears it

Stranger: oh

Stranger: i loveee it

You: i don't know much about it but my friends have a got taste in music : D

You:

you have to watch this : D (oh, I'm just so fangurling : D : D : D )

Stranger: haha okay : D

Stranger: aww he's cute

You: and funny : D like a little child : D

Stranger: haha : D

Stranger: yeah

Stranger: ahhhh why does he have an english accent?! :o

Stranger: so awesomeeeeeeee

You: his father is american

You: and he lives now in the UK, since the age of 10 : D

You: he's 26 now

Stranger: aah that explains D:

You: he has strange accent in his french

Stranger: he speaks french too? : D

You: yeah, he lived there for 9 years

You: and he studied mandarin and speaks a bit spanish :D

Stranger: hahah

Stranger: wtf: D

You: but his eldest sister is amazing!!

Stranger: why so ? : D

You: she does all the artwork together with him, and once she gave me some crisps, when i stood outside after a concert. and she speaks even more languages!

Stranger: omgg : D

Stranger: cool

You: “My eldest sister, who does all the artwork for me, is a bit of a freak. She speaks fluent Arabic, Spanish, French, Mandarin and English, and a bit of Italian. She’s insane. She should have been a spy and made a lot of money,” he says, laughing.

Stranger: hahah : D cool

When I mentioned Mika, her first thought was Kick Ass!

(And she seemed to like him:teehee:)

We've got a new volunteer called Suzie at the place where I have my voluntary job. She was talking with me and my friend Anne about the usual things, Coronation Street, Big Brother, and we got onto the World cup. Then Anne said...

Anne: Have they got a song this year, only I haven't heard one

Me: Yes they've got that pudgy guy from Gavin And Stacey, singing a song with Dizzie Rascal. But it's not an original song *sings a couple of lines of Shout*

Anne: They should have asked Mika to write one *to Suzie* Marilyn is nuts about Mika, she's his number one fan!

Suzie: MIKA!!!! My mum's seen him twice in New York and I've seen him twice in Manchester!

There followed a Mikafest of fangirl moments, then Suzie said

Suzie: Has he got any new singles? I've not heard anything for a while.

Me: He's only gone and done the theme song for a blockbuster movie called Kick Ass, but Radio One never played it!

Suzie: That's terrible!

Me: Go onto YouTube, type Mika and Kick Ass, and you'll get different versions of the song. It's really great. You can download it too!

Suzie: I'll certainly do that!

Mission accomplished, and I've met another Mika fan!

• 2 weeks later...

I repost it from Vote for Mika

Please!!!!

Vote for Mika in Ukraine Gala Radio! One of the best stations here.

Go there

http://www.galaradio.com/djs/performance/2

You won't understand a language, but the word Голосовать means Vote.

Mika is on the 12 place now. And the arrow shows upward!

Please, 'cos he is not very popular in Ukraine currently!

edit: he is on 14 now :(

I repost it from Vote for Mika

Please!!!!

Vote for Mika in Ukraine Gala Radio! One of the best stations here.

Go there

http://www.galaradio.com/djs/performance/2

You won't understand a language, but the word Голосовать means Vote.

Mika is on the 12 place now. And the arrow shows upward!

Please, 'cos he is not very popular in Ukraine currently!

edit: he is on 14 now :(

Voted! Do you know how often you can vote?

Archived