The "I Hate Epilepsy" Club!

nico_collard

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
If you could get surgery for your epilepsy... for free... by professional peeps... would you do it knownig that it actually also can make the epilepsy worse (only a very small chance for that)???

I don't know... I guess it depends on a few things:

1. How long would you have to stay in hospital afterwards?

2. How quickly would you see an inprovement?

3. Do they know how much better it would make the epilepsy (I mean, would it make only a little bit of difference or would it stop a lot of seizures from happening)?

4. Are you really that desperate to put yourself into surgery to improve the epilepsy?

Also I think you have to keep in mind that there is a risk with all surgeries... It just depends on how big the risk is. If it's less than 10% then it may be worth trying...

You're obviously considering whether to go through with it then...

I don't know... I guess it depends on a few things:

1. How long would you have to stay in hospital afterwards?

2. How quickly would you see an inprovement?

3. Do they know how much better it would make the epilepsy (I mean, would it make only a little bit of difference or would it stop a lot of seizures from happening)?

4. Are you really that desperate to put yourself into surgery to improve the epilepsy?

Also I think you have to keep in mind that there is a risk with all surgeries... It just depends on how big the risk is. If it's less than 10% then it may be worth trying...

You're obviously considering whether to go through with it then...

the risk of it getting worse with suegery is 2 or 5%

1. wonder that too cos i dont wanna stay long...

2. they told me the changes would happen from day to day basiclly only have to adust the meds... not take it from the person from 1 day to another cos thats dangerous :blink:

3. They can remove it with surgery... but also only give you less seizures with "drug" that lil part that gives the seizures. Something with they will do testst to see exactly what part of the brain that sends out the electric thingies that gives you a seizure. EFG, CT, EEG ect.

4. Me = nope... i dont wanna take the risk. Only around 2-5 BUT nope. I just ave to live with im "doomed" when it comes to work and get an education!

I have photosensative epilepsy... will it then effect the way i see things (with my eyes of course)?

the risk of it getting worse with suegery is 2 or 5%

1. wonder that too cos i dont wanna stay long...

2. they told me the changes would happen from day to day basiclly only have to adust the meds... not take it from the person from 1 day to another cos thats dangerous :blink:

3. They can remove it with surgery... but also only give you less seizures with "drug" that lil part that gives the seizures. Something with they will do testst to see exactly what part of the brain that sends out the electric thingies that gives you a seizure. EFG, CT, EEG ect.

4. Me = nope... i dont wanna take the risk. Only around 2-5 BUT nope. I just ave to live with im "doomed" when it comes to work and get an education!

I have photosensative epilepsy... will it then effect the way i see things (with my eyes of course)?

Hmmmm... It's completely up to you, considering you have to go through with it. If you can, maybe you should ask the doctors about some of the stuff I mentioned and what alternatives there are. I figure if there's some sort of medication alternative then maybe that's the way to go...

I wouldn't imagine it would affect your sight, but then again I'm not a doctor, so :dunno:

I had a blood test on Friday last week to test liver function, levels of tegretol and and some other stuff. I ended up getting a message from the doctors yesterday cause The General Practitioner (the one that gave me the referral to the neurologist) wants to talk to me about my test results. So yeah, doctor's appointment before the one in January (:sneaky2:)

Hmmmm... It's completely up to you, considering you have to go through with it. If you can, maybe you should ask the doctors about some of the stuff I mentioned and what alternatives there are. I figure if there's some sort of medication alternative then maybe that's the way to go...

I wouldn't imagine it would affect your sight, but then again I'm not a doctor, so :dunno:

I had a blood test on Friday last week to test liver function, levels of tegretol and and some other stuff. I ended up getting a message from the doctors yesterday cause The General Practitioner (the one that gave me the referral to the neurologist) wants to talk to me about my test results. So yeah, doctor's appointment before the one in January (:sneaky2:)

uuhhh.... best of luck with that!!!!! Considered to call and ask em about what its more direct about?

uuhhh.... best of luck with that!!!!! Considered to call and ask em about what its more direct about?

They wouldn't tell me...

Though I've already gone and they told me what the problem was... my tegretol levels were fine, but my levels of vitamin D were very low, so the doctor told me to get some vitamin D tablets and take them for a few months (apparently a deficiency in vitamin D can be caused by the medication, as well as diet and not enough sunlight)... he also checked out this spot on my face and he thinks it's a cyst. He wasn't going to be too worried about it except it was red so he gave me some antibiotics..

So now I'm taking 3 different pills at breakfast, 1 at lunch and two at dinner... :sneaky2:

They wouldn't tell me...

Though I've already gone and they told me what the problem was... my tegretol levels were fine, but my levels of vitamin D were very low, so the doctor told me to get some vitamin D tablets and take them for a few months (apparently a deficiency in vitamin D can be caused by the medication, as well as diet and not enough sunlight)... he also checked out this spot on my face and he thinks it's a cyst. He wasn't going to be too worried about it except it was red so he gave me some antibiotics..

So now I'm taking 3 different pills at breakfast, 1 at lunch and two at dinner... :sneaky2:

aawwww im sorry to hear that :huglove:

so you are alost takeing as much as me :wink2: 2 diffrent (4 in total) @ 7 am and @ 7 pm and 1 before bed... thats 9 in 1 day only cos of that :blink: Have been worse...

aawwww im sorry to hear that :huglove:

so you are alost takeing as much as me :wink2: 2 diffrent (4 in total) @ 7 am and @ 7 pm and 1 before bed... thats 9 in 1 day only cos of that :blink: Have been worse...

Almost...

I'll have to take the vitamin D ones for a couple of months, and the antibiotics for a few weeks, so it's not long at all... luckily!

Almost...

I'll have to take the vitamin D ones for a couple of months, and the antibiotics for a few weeks, so it's not long at all... luckily!

I use to take vitamins... but havent for a weeks time and look where i am now... sick! Time for the tea Neo gave me. I still have a tiny bit let but that was more for the memories. Some grape ginger c-vitamin tea

I use to take vitamins... but havent for a weeks time and look where i am now... sick! Time for the tea Neo gave me. I still have a tiny bit let but that was more for the memories. Some grape ginger c-vitamin tea

I've never been one to take vitamins (or drink tea :naughty:) but seeing as I have to now take vitamins, maybe i could take up tea drinking...

What does that stuff taste like? I've never tried that sort of stuff before,any time I've had tea (which isn't often) it's been black tea...

I've never been one to take vitamins (or drink tea :naughty:) but seeing as I have to now take vitamins, maybe i could take up tea drinking...

What does that stuff taste like? I've never tried that sort of stuff before,any time I've had tea (which isn't often) it's been black tea...

depends on what kinda tea you choose... all of em doesnt taste the same :blink:

The one Neo bought me when i meet up with him in Stockholm is a lil bitter but tastes good and makes your throat feel... smooth? cant describe the feeling...

depends on what kinda tea you choose... all of em doesnt taste the same :blink:

The one Neo bought me when i meet up with him in Stockholm is a lil bitter but tastes good and makes your throat feel... smooth? cant describe the feeling...

That makes sense...

Archived