The "I Hate Epilepsy" Club!

nico_collard

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**** happens... but i could sleep for many more hours :aah:

When was the last time you had a grand? Not long time ago if i remember right?

April was the last time... I can hardly remember it though...

I've been lucky though, haven't had any since...

I have had a few headaches though... last Thursday I had a really bad one...

April was the last time... I can hardly remember it though...

I've been lucky though, haven't had any since...

I have had a few headaches though... last Thursday I had a really bad one...

not even small seizures like those shock thingys? :shocked:

Im surprised i didnt got one after the guns n roses gig i went to last month :blink:

seizure... and i had one (grand mal) So still tired, my body hurts and i feel straaaaaange cos im on morphine for the pain :boxed:

Oh no .... I've had a few bad ones over the last few days..:bash: The last time I had a grand mal I was 11 years old although i wasnt diagnosed and apparently I lost a few brain cells that day :blink::group_hug:

not even small seizures like those shock thingys? :shocked:

Im surprised i didnt got one after the guns n roses gig i went to last month :blink:

Well I've had some of the smaller ones, but no bigger seizures since April...

Oh no .... I've had a few bad ones over the last few days..:bash: The last time I had a grand mal I was 11 years old although i wasnt diagnosed and apparently I lost a few brain cells that day :blink::group_hug:

Bugger! :sneaky2:

Okay, that's weird...

I can smell the stuff they inject into your veins to do a contrast CT... :blink: So all I can smell is metallic stuff... :blink: And it's really not pleasant...

I think i might go and get some coffee and smell that... :blink:

Okay, that's weird...

I can smell the stuff they inject into your veins to do a contrast CT... :blink: So all I can smell is metallic stuff... :blink: And it's really not pleasant...

I think i might go and get some coffee and smell that... :blink:

I hate that!

Did the coffee work?

Why a new CT? :blink:

I hate that!

Did the coffee work?

Why a new CT? :blink:

Yeah it did...

I didn't have one, I haven't actually had one since April. It's so weird how i could smell the stuff they inject into your veins, but I was nowhere near a CT machine or the stuff they inject.

Yeah it did...

I didn't have one, I haven't actually had one since April. It's so weird how i could smell the stuff they inject into your veins, but I was nowhere near a CT machine or the stuff they inject.

i havent had a CT for 8 years... :blink:

only took tests, CT, EEG and something else to find out if i had it

I've had 2 CT scans, 2 EEGs and 4 MRIs from the end of June last year to now...

And weirdly enough, I've managed to fall asleep in the MRI machine every time I've had an MRI... :blink:

But why so many?:blink: cant they find out what epilepsy you have?

But why so many?:blink: cant they find out what epilepsy you have?

I haven't been told what kind of epilepsy I have, so I guess not...

Wait, I've had 3 EEGs :doh:

The 4 MRIs and one CT they did while I had the blood clots in my brain...

One of the CTs they did when I had the seizure in April... the first EEG was to see what kind of activity there was in my brain, the 2nd was a followup on the first, and the third was when I have the seizure in April and he wanted to see if there was any seizure activity...

Went to the neurologist yesterday...

He said that I shouldn't worry about the smelling thing, if I have another seizure I'll likely be shaking..

And he want to test the levels of tegretol in my blod and do other tests... all up I think it's about 6 tests... too bad I can't read his handwriting, cause I want to know what tests he wants done and if I need to fast or not take my meds before any of them..

Watching "Everybody hurts" w. Mika atm.

Have you heard that one died short after thery adde one of the clips to one of the vids. from an epilepstic seizure (guess grand mal) cos the person had lost it all the meds and couldnt get new cos he/she couldnt proof he/she had epilepsy? :tears:

Can make me very nervous... I know only a few has died haveing a seizure cos they coudnt get meds, hit their head somewhere, couldnt breath ect. you know how i bet! But i cant imagine being at some hosp. where they wont belive thet you ahve epilepsy...They believed me in the UK and Sween cos i got papers cos i got address there (cos i lived there) and they got papers from here cos i had address over there but my birth address was in denmark...

But can you imagine going to a country where something happens and you loose your meds for days what it will be like? :shocked:

6 testes... in how many days? :shocked:

Why are they even taking em? :blink:

I hope thing are still going fine!

If they talk about givin you some new meds called lamictal/lamotrigine... god bless you. It tasts AWFUL and the tast can stay in your mouth for sometime and some of em are HUGE of you have the thing as we have here w. when you go and get your meds. you just get the cheapest. They can be HUGE!!!! I (thank god) is only allowed to get one kind of them now... and will get my epi meds paied for 5 years so far) :yay: cos it will cost me more than 15.000 dkkr a year. shows 2700+... its A LOT!!!!!

They'll take the blood all in one go.

And I have no intention of changing my meds... Tegretol seems to work pretty well for me at the moment, and besides, I've already had to chenge my meds from Phenytoin to Tegretol cause I'm allergic to phenytoin...

Lucky for me mine aren't too expensive... not that it matters cause I can afford them without using the healthcare card I have...

They'll take the blood all in one go.

And I have no intention of changing my meds... Tegretol seems to work pretty well for me at the moment, and besides, I've already had to chenge my meds from Phenytoin to Tegretol cause I'm allergic to phenytoin...

Lucky for me mine aren't too expensive... not that it matters cause I can afford them without using the healthcare card I have...

I wish my meds were working ... Been having insomnia badly the last few weeks.. and not sleeping well... and seizures havent been any better ... :aah: I'm just lucky that my meds are on the benefits system here ... otherwise I'd not be able to afford them ..

I wish my meds were working ... Been having insomnia badly the last few weeks.. and not sleeping well... and seizures havent been any better ... :aah: I'm just lucky that my meds are on the benefits system here ... otherwise I'd not be able to afford them ..

You poor bugger! Hope things get better for you..

And bloody hell i hate Centrelink. I told them in April that I got a job and I was told that if I handed in my dole bludger form for 12 weeks and earn lots of money, they would cancel it. They also asked me if it would last more than 12 weeks. Nooooooooo, permanent jobs never last longer than 12 weeks :doh: Apparently they don't understand the concept of people actually getting a permanent job and keeping it.

Then last week I got a letter from them telling me that I had to take part in some get a job thing, despite the fact that I've earnt around $2000 a fortnight for the last 10 weeks.

They won't give me money for ages, then wheh tyhe decide I'm worthy of their money, they won't let me cancel it!!! :doh: FFS they are useless....

[/rant]

Sorry, I had to say it... :naughty:

I hope you will get better comtrol over it soon and the meds will work. I know lamictal can make you a lil tired... the bad thing about it is the taste :aah:

You poor bugger! Hope things get better for you..

And bloody hell i hate Centrelink. I told them in April that I got a job and I was told that if I handed in my dole bludger form for 12 weeks and earn lots of money, they would cancel it. They also asked me if it would last more than 12 weeks. Nooooooooo, permanent jobs never last longer than 12 weeks :doh: Apparently they don't understand the concept of people actually getting a permanent job and keeping it.

Then last week I got a letter from them telling me that I had to take part in some get a job thing, despite the fact that I've earnt around $2000 a fortnight for the last 10 weeks.

They won't give me money for ages, then wheh tyhe decide I'm worthy of their money, they won't let me cancel it!!! :doh: FFS they are useless....

[/rant]

Sorry, I had to say it... :naughty:

and all that only cos of the epilepsy? That sucks.... i hope things will get fixed for you. Not doing a damn thing and get paied for not doing a thing might sound great to some but it can get pretty boring sometimes....

and all that only cos of the epilepsy? That sucks.... i hope things will get fixed for you. Not doing a damn thing and get paied for not doing a thing might sound great to some but it can get pretty boring sometimes....

Partly... I applied for unemployment benefits so i could get more work cause I wasn't getting much at work (before i started this other job)...

And it sure does get boring!!! I don't understand how people can sit at home and not work at all!

Partly... I applied for unemployment benefits so i could get more work cause I wasn't getting much at work (before i started this other job)...

[rant]

And it sure does get boring!!! I don't understand how people can sit at home and not work at all!

True .. I wish I could work but right now I can't and people look at me weird when I take out my pension pass ... :gun_bandana: :aah: I cant understand why others like sitting on their butts all day when I dont and it makes me sick

[/rant]

True .. I wish I could work but right now I can't and people look at me weird when I take out my pension pass ... :gun_bandana: :aah: I cant understand why others like sitting on their butts all day when I dont and it makes me sick

[/rant]

i loooooved it in the beginning... not to care about i have to get up at a certain time, have to do hard boring school homework or work with something i didnt want to... But now after 4 years... i would love to work with something. ive done some things for a record compag. but that wasnt enough but it was fun but something i could do from home. I do like most times that i can go to bed and get out of bed when i want to most time :naughty:

[/rant]

I know what you mean... I'm pretty sure people think I'm lying when I say what has happened to me...

i loooooved it in the beginning... not to care about i have to get up at a certain time, have to do hard boring school homework or work with something i didnt want to... But now after 4 years... i would love to work with something. ive done some things for a record compag. but that wasnt enough but it was fun but something i could do from home. I do like most times that i can go to bed and get out of bed when i want to most time :naughty:

It sometimes is good to go to bed late and get up late... and sti in your pyjamas all day :naughty:

So you can't find anything you can do from home?

It sometimes is good to go to bed late and get up late... and sti in your pyjamas all day :naughty:

So you can't find anything you can do from home?

i use to do some things from home... but that was some i could fix on my comp. for a record compag. and i loved it!

Ive notised i have the teddy you gave me when i was hospitalised for the hell next to my comp. ever since i got home :wub2:

i use to do some things from home... but that was some i could fix on my comp. for a record compag. and i loved it!

Ive notised i have the teddy you gave me when i was hospitalised for the hell next to my comp. ever since i got home :wub2:

Awwwwwww, yay! :wub2:

Ooooh, did I tell you that i put that pic you gave me in a frame? It's not up on a wall or anything cause I don't have any room to put it anywhere, but it's protected...

Archived