What colour do you think of when you think of Mika?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What colour do you think of when you think of Mika?

• red
    • orange
    • yellow
    • green
    • blue
    • violet
    • white
    • black

We can make a poll:

Mika

- lover

- husband

- friend

- let him stay away from me

My first response would be lover, then husband. The wisest would be friend, although then I would want him for my lover in no time :biggrin2: So I better stay away :roftl:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been pretty detached lately eh. :teehee:

Yes, I got scared by the serious discussions taking place all over MFC.

Joining the conversation wasn't fun anymore.

So I am still lurking around, talking to other fans on the you-know-what-thread and otherwise keeping my mouth shut. :blink:

So I am still lurking around, talking to other fans on the you-know-what-thread and otherwise keeping my mouth shut. :blink:

So, it's great the we can meet here :thumb_yello:

Well.. it was scary 2 weeks ago but now it's better, isn't it? :blink:

Well, I know that I'm not a very frequent poster on this thread, but I did think that it was appropiate to add another view to this. Ie, mine :biggrin2:.

There are plenty of "silly" discussions on MFC, and stupid threads that are only about being silly, and fun, etc... I have been (and will no doubt continue to in the future) very active in some of them, as they are fantastic laughs, but I think (and so do many others) that it's actually a great thing to have different types of "moods" in threads within MFC, and that this is a good thing. It's nice being able to have serious discussions about things that are meaningful and matter, and it can only enrich the message board, rather than be a bad thing.

I don't think that this should be considered scary or bad, as long as discussions are kept in a respectful tone (which they always have done, or when not, they have been stopped or redirected) and that this will only add good things to MFC rather than do anything bad to it.

We've had plenty of excellent discussions on MFC, where many people (including myself here) have learnt facts, or different views, etc, and it's great to have this plaform where people from many different nationalities, walks of life, ages, etc... can come together to discuss a topic and show others that there are many possible views on something which they were possibly not aware of.

It's all good, if you ask me.

And for those who don't want to partake in discussions...They don't have to, and they are unaffected. All very easy :naughty:

Well, I know that I'm not a very frequent poster on this thread, but I did think that it was appropiate to add another view to this. Ie, mine :biggrin2:.

There are plenty of "silly" discussions on MFC, and stupid threads that are only about being silly, and fun, etc... I have been (and will no doubt continue to in the future) very active in some of them, as they are fantastic laughs, but I think (and so do many others) that it's actually a great thing to have different types of "moods" in threads within MFC, and that this is a good thing. It's nice being able to have serious discussions about things that are meaningful and matter, and it can only enrich the message board, rather than be a bad thing.

I don't think that this should be considered scary or bad, as long as discussions are kept in a respectful tone (which they always have done, or when not, they have been stopped or redirected) and that this will only add good things to MFC rather than do anything bad to it.

We've had plenty of excellent discussions on MFC, where many people (including myself here) have learnt facts, or different views, etc, and it's great to have this plaform where people from many different nationalities, walks of life, ages, etc... can come together to discuss a topic and show others that there are many possible views on something which they were possibly not aware of.

And for those who don't want to partake in discussions...They don't have to, and they are unaffected. All very easy :naughty:

I almost stopped to take part in serious discussions, because it seems like I'm always ignored by experienced MFCers. If some friends of mine happen to came across my posts, they answer. But in most cases I'm writing a large essays and nobody pays attention to what I'm saying. :boxed:

This thread is the only one serious thread where I can tell something.

I love pic threads as well, there are my friends who not tend to ignore me.

I understand, that the mature MFCers just know each other and communicate with the ppl they know better, but still... Sometimes I'm sad.

I almost stopped to take part in serious discussions, because it seems like I'm always ignored by experienced MFCers. If some friends of mine happen to came across my posts, they answer. But in most cases I'm writing a large essays and nobody pays attention to what I'm saying. :boxed:

I understand, that the mature MFCers just know each other and communicate with the ppl they know better, but still... Sometimes I'm sad.

I really, REALLY don't think that this is the case at all :boxed:. I'm sure that nobody is ignoring your posts, and if they are not directly quoting you, they are certainly not doing it because they are ignoring you and not reading what you wrote, I am sure.

Speaking for myself, I will often go into a thread that has moved fast, and will see so many posts that I would like to reply to, or that I would have already replied to if I had posted with more time (and sometimes I already have them quoted and everything :roftl:) but in the end, I don't have time to reply to each and every one of them, and I just have to pick two or three of the ones that I either agree with the most, or disagree with the most :lmfao:

I'm sure that other people find themselves in the same situation, and this is why you think that you are being ignored. I'm sure that people are reading what you say though, and possibly responding by replying to another post which says a similar thing, or they just don't disagree very much with what you say, or find another opinion that they find they identify with more :dunno:

Honestly, you should not let that stop you from taking part in any discussion that comes up, if you have something to say! By participating more and more, you will get to chat more to people, which will also mean thta you will "know" them more and feel like you have a better flow of communication, and you will make your views heard more.

Sometimes, it's not the best thing to have many people reply to your posts, if they are all violently disagreeing with what you are saying :roftl:; It's safer to be "ignored" :biggrin2:.

I really, REALLY don't think that this is the case at all :boxed:. I'm sure that nobody is ignoring your posts, and if they are not directly quoting you, they are certainly not doing it because they are ignoring you and not reading what you wrote, I am sure.

Speaking for myself, I will often go into a thread that has moved fast, and will see so many posts that I would like to reply to, or that I would have already replied to if I had posted with more time (and sometimes I already have them quoted and everything :roftl:) but in the end, I don't have time to reply to each and every one of them, and I just have to pick two or three of the ones that I either agree with the most, or disagree with the most :lmfao:

I'm sure that other people find themselves in the same situation, and this is why you think that you are being ignored. I'm sure that people are reading what you say though, and possibly responding by replying to another post which says a similar thing, or they just don't disagree very much with what you say, or find another opinion that they find they identify with more :dunno:

Honestly, you should not let that stop you from taking part in any discussion that comes up, if you have something to say! By participating more and more, you will get to chat more to people, which will also mean thta you will "know" them more and feel like you have a better flow of communication, and you will make your views heard more.

Sometimes, it's not the best thing to have many people reply to your posts, if they are all violently disagreeing with what you are saying :roftl:; It's safer to be "ignored" :biggrin2:.

Thank you for your words! Pity, we can't put a "favourite" mark to some posts, to re-read them afterwards when we need it. :blush-anim-cl: i would do it now

Thank you for your words! Pity, we can't put a "favourite" mark to some posts, to re-read them afterwards when we need it. :blush-anim-cl: i would do it now

Aaaw, thank you, that's very nice :blush-anim-cl:

I did mean every word of it though! Just post away as you feel it, that's the best anyone can do, IMO. :huglove:

This is not easy, I know what you mean.

I always read your posts because I've always thought that you have interesting things to say, but it's like Sariflor said, when I agree I don't always quote or answer.

I count myself to the people who has obstacles, in my case with the language, which I have been nagging about through the years!:naughty:

But as much as I love some of the just-fooling-around-threads I really appreciate the discussions too!

It's interesting to listen when people all around the world are explaining their point of view and I have learned so much on this forum.

In spite of my obstacle :naughty: I try to participate and I really hope that you will do the same. People are mostly very nice and are doing their best to explain when you ask them something. And the ones who are not nice and tries to attack or provoke, the only way is to ignore them.:teehee:

I have met some of the MFCers in real life but I'm definitely talking just as much with those I've only met in here.

So please don't give up!:wub2:

Haha, good point, and actually very true!:roftl:

I understand so well what you're saying! I'm very new to MFC and I have no friends here. Yet anyway. On the "lighter" threads there are some MFCers I have a few words now and then but nothing serious. Pic treads are fine, I often browse through these and some of the pics make me want to express my thoughts so I sometimes post these in rather lengthy letters but often it's like running head first against a brick wall.

I'm glad to see there are other people who share my thoughts. Finding your place in a community where most of the communication is, well, semi-anonymous takes time and as it happens in real life, some people just don't fit in. I won't stop writing though :wink2:.

So, it's great the we can meet here :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Yes, for sure.

Yes, you're right, it is interesting to hear what other pple think.

I think I just don't want to partake in discussions and voice my opinion. That's because I think that there are quite a few things that can't be discussed successfully on the Internet & with people I don't know really well. It is so easy to insult people and their point of view without knowing it just through voicing the opposite opinion.

Also I don't care to convince other people to think the way I do or to have to justify myself about having a different point of view. So I only prefer to read. :wink2:

I understand so well what you're saying! I'm very new to MFC and I have no friends here. Yet anyway. On the "lighter" threads there are some MFCers I have a few words now and then but nothing serious. Pic treads are fine, I often browse through these and some of the pics make me want to express my thoughts so I sometimes post these in rather lengthy letters but often it's like running head first against a brick wall.

I'm glad to see there are other people who share my thoughts. Finding your place in a community where most of the communication is, well, semi-anonymous takes time and as it happens in real life, some people just don't fit in. I won't stop writing though :wink2:.

You are welcome to write on this thread as often as you like! :thumb_yello: Usually every post is answered here and we are (trying to) discussing semi serious topics in a semi serious manner. No semi naked pics of Mika though. :teehee:

So if you have any strange/longish theories or questions about Mika, life in general, yourself etc. you are welcome to post them here. :)

this reminds me that i sometimes can't help thinking: what is it about mika that makes him the dream of so many middle-aged moms and housewives? :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: sorry. but i'm one of them...:naughty:

Here I am with it again, BUT... I was watching an interview with MIKA today from last year and there was a line he said that to me the best summarizes what I've been wanting to answer to your question all along. I quote: „I take the personality of the Cheshire Cat. The teeth are sharp. There... I'm ready to bite, but the power is in the smile.” And so it is, see for yourself below ;)

cheshire-cat2-o.gif

I'm happy for you :huglove:

And now that the frustration has gone, are you still obsessed with Mika or do you come here just to talk with your friends?? :blink:

I'm trying to evaluate my chance of recovery :naughty:

There are always new frustrations at the work, with my family, friends, health and with myself of course:naughty: But: I meant the things that happened before I met him live and still was not the member of MFC.

It's interesting how he he inspired me back then and after his gigs in 2010 I realized that none of my possible wishes would probably come true. Ever.:blink:

Even a simple, warm convo with him:dunno: So I was a bit disappointed and now I'm only happy that I still love him as a great singer and amazing guy. :wub2:

But I'm also glad that my daughter who was very obssesed with him managed to be a LG and have a wonderful expereince with him :boing:

I still follow Mika though and I wouldn't come to this forum just for the chat with my dear online friends. Sometimes it is helpful too :huglove:

But that's my point of view after all.:aah:

Off topic. A short text on eye contact.

http://theschooloflife.typepad.com/the_school_of_life/2010/10/claudia-hammond-on-eye-contact-.html

Next time you meet Mika, try to hold eye contact as long as possible :teehee:

Yes, boss:mf_rosetinted:

Here I am with it again, BUT... I was watching an interview with MIKA today from last year and there was a line he said that to me the best summarizes what I've been wanting to answer to your question all along. I quote: „I take the personality of the Cheshire Cat. The teeth are sharp. There... I'm ready to bite, but the power is in the smile.” And so it is, see for yourself below ;)

cheshire-cat2-o.gif

:biggrin2: thank you!

i wish i didn't have to go to sleep, once again i missed all the action on here...:aah:

just wanted to add - i would like mika as a friend. because most of all, i would really like to pick his brain. i love being around smart people, and in his own way, he is a genius...:blush-anim-cl:

Oh my :huglove:

I didn't particularly notice experienced MFCers ignoring people, just that there are some people who always support each other and always share the same opinion on any topic. Sometimes they step in a thread only to support a friend's opinion against someone else or tend to post in the same threads. :dunno:

Yep :thumb_yello:

Off topic. A short text on eye contact.

http://theschooloflife.typepad.com/the_school_of_life/2010/10/claudia-hammond-on-eye-contact-.html

Next time you meet Mika, try to hold eye contact as long as possible

wish you had posted that last week, when i met the man of my dreams (one of them anyway - i have about 3 :mf_rosetinted:) :naughty:

I've been following the discussion here with great interest. I won't post my own views on it as I might get stoned :roftl: but I must say that I tend to agree with what you've been saying A LOT.

:teehee: I shall keep reading away

i'm trying not to offend anybody..:teehee:

you're not ever getting scared of this thread, though, right? we're always just 'semi-serious' anyway...:naughty:

don't want to loose you completely to that you-know-what thread! :wags_finger::wink2:

seems to me you fit just fine...:naughty:

seriously, don't say that, there are so many different threads here and more than one for everyone. i didn't even say anything for more than half a year until i felt comfortable enough. and now i have at least 2 very favorite threads...:teehee:

:biggrin2: thank you!

i wish i didn't have to go to sleep, once again i missed all the action on here...:aah:

just wanted to add - i would like mika as a friend. because most of all, i would really like to pick his brain. i love being around smart people, and in his own way, he is a genius...:blush-anim-cl:

I totally agree! I always have quite a few of his interviews downloaded in my phone, so when I have longer walks in the city I sometimes (OK, rather often :wink2:) listen to these. He's so witty and smart and good with words! Maybe that's another reason why women, middle-aged or not, like him - it is said that while men love with their eyes, women love with their ears :mf_rosetinted: and whether singing or talking, it's always a pleasure to listen to MIKA.

Oh my :huglove:

I didn't particularly notice experienced MFCers ignoring people, just that there are some people who always support each other and always share the same opinion on any topic. Sometimes they step in a thread only to support a friend's opinion against someone else or tend to post in the same threads. :dunno:

Yep :thumb_yello:

It's a bit odd IMO.:blink: If you don't pay attention to the posts people share on the same thread as this one for example, not to mention in general, and if it seems to be pretty much regulary, then I can deduce only 2 things:

either you're not really interested in what they say for various reasons (maybe thie opinions are quite irrelevant, boring and not enough intriguing to you or to other MFCrs) OR you ignore

them on purpose.:wink2:

In that case you or someone else maybe have some personal reasons to do things like that.

As for me I don't have much opportunity to chat with people on this thread or some other threads cause it seems they are not interested in it.:biggrin2:

Shall I use the word ignoring then or something else?:naughty:

You are welcome to write on this thread as often as you like! :thumb_yello: Usually every post is answered here and we are (trying to) discussing semi serious topics in a semi serious manner. No semi naked pics of Mika though. :teehee:

So if you have any strange/longish theories or questions about Mika, life in general, yourself etc. you are welcome to post them here. :)

I remember some, actually. :teehee:

wish you had posted that last week, when i met the man of my dreams (one of them anyway - i have about 3 :mf_rosetinted:) :naughty:

:lmfao:

It's a bit odd IMO. If you don't pay attention to the posts people share on the same thread as this one for example, not to mention in general, and if it seems to be pretty much regulary, then I can deduce only 2 things:

either you're not really interested in what they say for various reasons (maybe thie opinions are quite irrelevant, boring and not enough intriguing to you or to other MFCrs) OR you ignore

In that case you or someone else maybe have some personal reasons to do things like that.

As for me I don't have much opportunity to chat with people on this thread or some other threads cause it seems they are not interested in it.:biggrin2:

Sorry, I don't understand your post. :blush-anim-cl:

I just meant that I didn't notice experienced MFCers regularly ignoring new people on purpose. Perhaps I'm a bit tired tonight, I'm sorry. :boxed:

I remember some, actually. :teehee:

:lmfao:

Sorry, I don't understand your post. :blush-anim-cl:

I just meant that I didn't notice experienced MFCers regularly ignoring new people on purpose. Perhaps I'm a bit tired tonight, I'm sorry. :boxed:

I didn't say it always happened on purpose.

But they do it very often to some people deliberately or not.

Whether they are newbies or not :wink2:

I'm entitled to say that I often feel incomfortable on this thread or somewhere else...That's my genuine feeling and I won't avoid it.

It's a bit odd IMO.:blink: If you don't pay attention to the posts people share on the same thread as this one for example, not to mention in general, and if it seems to be pretty much regulary, then I can deduce only 2 things:

I had a rather odd experience in one of the threads a few days ago, when two members were wondering whether they were the only ones there. I thought I was being polite letting them know that I was also there. My reply was followed by a long silence and then they continued as if I hadn't said anything. I didn't take it personally, but I did think it was time for me to leave the thread. :blink:

Archived