Mika @ Sziget Festival, Hungary 13-08-2010

Droopsy

OMG! this is sooooooooo cool! :yay::boing: i will be landing in Budapest anyway! wasnt planing to stay there but now i will change the pland :biggrin2: i am sure my lovely grandmother will forgive me :teehee:

sounds like a good plan:thumb_yello:

It is lovely to hear from you again - hope to meet you in August:biggrin2:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'tis tempting. :mf_rosetinted:

:aah:

yes, .I think there should be some really cheap Spar tickets (train) for the Munich- Budapest :wink2:

it's not confirmed on mikasounds yet though, is it?

well, I am not bothered about that, although in theory the day in which he is performing might change, but even that is unlikely. (I bet he would have preferred to have the last slot (9pm) on the mainstage on one of the days but I

understand Madness, Muse and Iron Maiden are bigger names here - still don't understand why 30 sec to Mars is after him:blink:)

Anyway. Sziget festival is really well-organised and I trust the organisers better than news on Mikasounds... :teehee:

yes, .I think there should be some really cheap Spar tickets (train) for the Munich- Budapest :wink2:

well, I am not bothered about that, although in theory the day in which he is performing might change, but even that is unlikely. (I bet he would have preferred to have the last slot (9pm) on the mainstage on one of the days but I

understand Madness, Muse and Iron Maiden are bigger names here - still don't understand why 30 sec to Mars is after him:blink:)

Anyway. Sziget festival is really well-organised and I trust the organisers better than news on Mikasounds... :teehee:

I agree, and I also don't understand why they placed him between Papa Roach and 30STM :blink: they are really very different, it's like PR are coming to throw a bomb on stage, then Mika comes to chill things down, and then 30STM are coming to spoil the balance and drop another bomb :aah:

But well, at the end of the day I'm not even coming... sadly :boxed:

sounds like a good plan:thumb_yello:

It is lovely to hear from you again - hope to meet you in August:biggrin2:

Szia Suzie :huglove:

yes would be great to see you and the other hungerian fans ;)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roftl::yikes::roll1::yay::woot_jump:

MIKA IN HUNGARY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THAT'S THE BEST THING WHAT I'VE EVER HEAR! *-* Thanks God!

Course I'm going! I going to buy my ticket next week.:wub2:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roftl::yikes::roll1::yay::woot_jump:

MIKA IN HUNGARY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THAT'S THE BEST THING WHAT I'VE EVER HEAR! *-* Thanks God!

Course I'm going! I going to buy my ticket next week.:wub2:

congrats!you found us!:roftl:

• 2 weeks later...
Why it still isn't in the calendar......??? :tears:

Still not confirmed by Team Mika :dunno:

However, there was a Spanish festival recently that was never confirmed, either and it did take place, so the delay might not mean anything.

Still not confirmed by Team Mika :dunno:

However, there was a Spanish festival recently that was never confirmed, either and it did take place, so the delay might not mean anything.

still I'm very angry at them for taking a piss at us! It's confusing....:sneaky2:

Okay, it's only little Hungary but we deserve a little update too, don't we? :shun:

I really empathized myself into the whole thing, I don't want it to be cancelled again. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya!

Yes, it is confirmed, I asked in Riga:wink2:

Do not worry about day tickets, they are rarely sold out. It might happen for Saturday and Sunday (because of a Hungarian band, Iron Maiden and Muse) but not for Firday.

In any case, there are always people selling the tickets they cannot use,and there is only one entrance to the island, so easy to find one. No problem.

I will come back on these threads later tonight:thumb_yello:

Of course if tickets are selling out, I can buy them for you. I haven't even bought mine, but I plan to do so, soon:teehee:

Wiiiiii, thank you Suzie!:biggrin2::thumb_yello: Apparently, today was last day to buy tickets here, so girls got extreeeemely nervous...and me together with them even tho I'm not coming :naughty: (:sad::tears: it's soo close...and i'm so broke:naughty::boxed:)

aiiiiiiiiiii, I'm so excited for you girls :woot_jump::woot_jump:

some of you might have read my tweets already..

I was told it is ok to wait with buying tickets on the day only. They are unlikely to be sold out.

I will buy them tomorrow since from tomorrow you will also get your wristband and you won't need to queue for one on the day.

Just checked Sziget homepage, day tickets are 45EUR. - both pre-purchase and on the day. :wink2:

I asked for an RSVP to be added to this thread but it hasn't been done yet - perhaps a mod will open a new thread later ? :dunno: I'd like to know how many MFCers are going.

How many are you coming from Serbia? Are you staying for the weekend, too, booked accommodation or plan to do an all nihter like I did in Novi Sad? :teehee:

LEt me know, so that we can sort out certain things:wink2:

How many are you coming from Serbia? Are you staying for the weekend, too, booked accommodation or plan to do an all nihter like I did in Novi Sad? :teehee:

LEt me know, so that we can sort out certain things:wink2:

only two of us are coming from serbia! and we planned to stay just for that one day. we have a train right after mika's performance, and the next one is tomorrow morning, at 10am.

so, i think we're going to go back to serbia with that night train :aah:

and, thank you suzie, you're far too kind :cheerful_h4h:

only two of us are coming from serbia! and we planned to stay just for that one day. we have a train right after mika's performance, and the next one is tomorrow morning, at 10am.

so, i think we're going to go back to serbia with that night train :aah:

oh, ok. I asked because you could have or can still stay at my place, though no real sleep perhaps as I actually need to leave for the airport at 4.30am in the morning ( going on a holiday on Saturday...:teehee:)

So, if you feel like it, we can hang around with people for a while at the festival and then have a drink at my place maybe even sleep a couple of hours, and leave at dawn...

I think both options sound shocking (no real sleep) - I leave it up to you what you choose.

you are Suzie :flowers2:

I used to think if he'd come to Budapest, it would be manageable for me too...but unfortunately not this time. :dunno:

Have great time girls, I'll be anxiously waiting for your reports!

Today there was a short article on Sziget in a Hungarian newspaper and they listed the most popular days of the festival. (based on day ticket sales, so it mainly reflects the preference of the Hungarian audience, not the ones from abroad who have weekly tickets and camp there):

1., Monday - Kispál és a Borz Day (Hungarian band)

2., Saturday - Iron Maiden Day + Tankcsapda (Hungarian band)

3., Sunday - Muse Day

4., Friday 30 Secs to Mars Day ( that's when Mika performs)

5., Tuesday Reggae day + tribute to a Hungarian songwriter

6., Thursday Faithless day

7., Wednesday Madness Day

I asked about methods of payment on the day:you can pay with both card or EUR / HUF in cash

I asked about methods of payment on the day:you can pay with both card or EUR / HUF in cash

Thank You Suzie, for the informations an especialy for Your kind offer! You're wonderful! :flowers2: :flowers2: :flowers2: Jana ahd I have to determine few more things ,but we'll let You know as soon as possible what we've decided. :original:

Hello,

Can somebody help me, please?

I want to take a bus from Budapest station to festival, but I don t know how it works with tickets in Hungary - Can I just buy tickets from bus-driver or should I buy them somewhere before? :dunno:

Many thanks :)

Hello,

Can somebody help me, please?

I want to take a bus from Budapest station to festival, but I don t know how it works with tickets in Hungary - Can I just buy tickets from bus-driver or should I buy them somewhere before? :dunno:

Many thanks :)

Hi, yes, you need to buy a ticket at underground stations or at some newsagents but sometimes there are ticket machines at busy bus stops, too - these machines probably rarely work though.

One ticket is around 300HUF (just over 1 EUR) and you need to validate a ticket each time you board a public vehicle - even if you change lines on the underground. However, buying a day ticket is probably not worth it if you only go to the festival.

I will post later on the different ways of getting to the festival from railway stations.

More info on SZIGET :

1., Check out Sziget website and print out a map for yourself - there are at least 10 stages there. It is a big island, you'd better know your way.

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english

2., 'queueing'

You do not 'queue' at Sziget. There are at least 10 stages there and the ones attending / staying at Sziget will turn up before 3pm when the first act starts on the day. Most will go to see what's on the main stage at around 7pm.

3, way to the festival area from Keleti train station:

- take the underground (red line at Keleti railway station - this is the only like, easly) to BATTHANY TER.

- at Batthany ter you need to take HEV from the ground floor level- a suburban train - to FILATORI GAT (5 stops, any train as Batthany ter is where all trains leave from). There you will apparently see where to go (near a petrol station) walk towards the island. I think you also need to exchange your ticket voucher for a wrist band (they will do it at the ticket offices at the entrace). If you have no tick yet, do not dispair. they will be selling tickets (wristbands) on the day for both EUR and HUF and you can pay by card as well.

Don't forget to buy at least 2 tickets (plus 2 back) at an underground station ( 300HUF / 1 EUR each) and validate them before your journey at ticket machines. There is control everywhere...

4., weather: it will be hot, around 34Celsius. No rain, apparently. That is good news as there will be no mud.

However, there will be dirt because of the sand..etc. I will be wearing closed shoes I won't mind so much if they are destroyed..:teehee:

5., Food and drinks are not allowed to be taken inside but cameras are.

See you there :original:

Archived