REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika@Villa Manin, Udine, Italy: 07-JULY-2010

dcdeb

Oh, thank you all so much for sharing such amazing photos and videos

and stories! Especially clara85 -- what a heartwarming moment your

daughter shared with Mika! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

grazie Deb, è stato veramente un bellissimo momento per lei:wub2: (se non ricordo male tu parli un pò l'italiano)

What an amazing guy :wub2: Lovely meeting Clara!

thanks Kaatje :wub2:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your pics, Clara!! :thumb_yello: Looking forward to your report too. I love those sun flowers, they are beautiful, as was the whole stage set in Udine :wub2:

you're welcome :thumb_yello: yes, nice stage :wub2:

Hello everybody :)

as I don't speak English, this is my fist report in this language (thank you mari62 for translating).

Nothing peculiar had happened to me at former gigs, a part from Mika saying to me "Nice to see you again" both in Milan and Rome :fangurl:

But after this show something very special happened, that made my daughter and me very very happy and I'd like to share my happiness with you :wub2:

My elder daughter, Eleonora (Topi85) comes almost always with me, on the contrary the younger one (Elisabetta - Betta89) can't always make it, due to school/university and to her disability: she's blind.

In 2007 in Bologna Mika did a signature to them, but since then Elisabetta had no chance to meet him again, so she was so looking forward to it!!

Recently I got to know that Mika meets the disabled after every gig, so in Rome, when we saw Mrs P. while queuing up, Marina asked her if Elisabetta could have a chance to meet Mika in Udine (she wasn't in Rome). Mrs P. replied she would come out in the afternoon on the next day and would look for her.

In Udine unfortunately I didn't see Mrs P in the afternoon, and when I got to know that LGs and BGs had already been chosen, we're sad, coz we thought that she had forgotten about her (we all know she's very busy).

So I tried to comfort Elisabetta saying that Mrs P would probably come out afterwards.

The show was amazing as usual, although the disabled area was far from stage and we hadn't a great view from there.

After the show we hoped Mrs P. came inside looking for us, but she didn't, so we went out and stand in line waiting for Mika with the other fans.

First we're told that he'd sign and make pics, later that he was tired and wouldn't sign, but just greet.

Mika arrived and started going along the line; the car had stopped near to us and when I saw his mum inside, I waved to her and she waved back, then I saw her talking to someone and right afterwards John arrived and asked who was Mrs P's girl.

When Mika came closer to us, John pointed at my daughter, so Mika said hi to me and I told him that that was "my daughter" (one of the few English words I know :biggrin2: ).

Elisabetta was very excited and handed him a gift and the tour book I got in Paris: he asked for a pen, since he didn't have anything to sign with; when he was given a felt tip he said he wanted a pen not a felt tip.

When they gave it to him, he asked her her name, but she was so excited, that I had to speak at her place.

As he was pressing the pen on the sheet so much while writing, I thought that the pen wasn't working; at first I didn't realize that he was doing it on purpose, so that Elisabetta could read/feel the signature with her fingers :tears: (I was excited as well). That made me realize that his mum had told him about her coz he knew she was blind.

While signing and writing her name down he asked if Elisabetta had a final "a"; when he finished, he gave the book back to her, and then asked her her name……. I looked at him…. and he said:"Oh yes, Elisabetta!" (poor Mika, he was really exhausted :naughty:), then while he was talking to her, she was holding his hand, she wanted to have a contact with him, so he put her hand on his hair, and laughed……… my daughter got even more excited and told me she was trembling, I told it to Mika and he hugged and kissed her (but this way she got even more excited) ….. so I introduced Eleonora to him, and when he said to her "Nice to meet you" she got into a tizzy as well… she can't remember what he told her.

I was also very excited: in fact, when he asked me about the trip (he knew about the van) I told him that I would get off in Padova (where I live), pick my daughters there and then drive to Codroipo (I had asked the guy from Universal to translate that sentence and he laughed when he heard about that :naughty: ).

Later on I realized that when MIka had asked me about the trip, he was probably referring to Rome :doh:

The funniest thing about our encounter was that I was speaking Italian and Mika was speaking English ….. (I had asked a boy who spoke English to help me but he looked absentminded) I don't know how much Mika understood of what I said ……btw it was such an amazing and unforgettable moment, especially for my daughter, she was over the moon, and Eleonora and I, we were so happy for her!! :wub2:

When Mika went away, we approached the car and thanked Mrs P, and she was so sweet as to thank US for attending the show.

Mika is a special person indeed, just like his mother and I thank them with all my heart for the wonderful night!! Elisabetta is looking forward to Cattolica now!!

Thats such a touching and heartwarming report :wub2: Mika really is one of a kind.

Clara I'm so happy for you and your daughters!!!

Karin yr pics are :mf_lustslow:

Did anyone film or take pix of Elisabetta meeting Mika?

Mellody posted a video where Mika talk with Maurizia and Elisabetta but it's very dark. She posted it here :thumb_yello:

Ehy all! Just went home after this two amazing italian gigs in Rome and Udine and a little family trip as well, tomorrow i'll add my comments too and explorer these wonderful report 3ds atm i just to thank everyone who makes these 2 days a dream come true to me, i'll do my part of job tomorrow leave you with a goodnight from this too tired but really happy girl :)

:shocked: What happened to the bins in Udine?!? :blink:

They had to use, um, a different kind of bins in Udine. Maybe the real ones didn't arrive on time or something so they had to borrow from the venue... It was quite hilarious, poor David was laughing so much he could hardly drum :roftl:

They had to use, um, a different kind of bins in Udine. Maybe the real ones didn't arrive on time or something so they had to borrow from the venue... It was quite hilarious, poor David was laughing so much he could hardly drum :roftl:

No wonder he was laughing: those are true street rubbish bins! :roftl:

I bet they even had a bad smell! :lmao:

As he was pressing the pen on the sheet so much while writing, I thought that the pen wasn't working; at first I didn't realize that he was doing it on purpose, so that Elisabetta could read/feel the signature with her fingers :tears: (I was excited as well). That made me realize that his mum had told him about her coz he knew she was blind.

While signing and writing her name down he asked if Elisabetta had a final "a"; when he finished, he gave the book back to her, and then asked her her name……. I looked at him…. and he said:"Oh yes, Elisabetta!" (poor Mika, he was really exhausted :naughty:), then while he was talking to her, she was holding his hand, she wanted to have a contact with him, so he put her hand on his hair, and laughed……… my daughter got even more excited and told me she was trembling, I told it to Mika and he hugged and kissed her (but this way she got even more excited) ….. so I introduced Eleonora to him, and when he said to her "Nice to meet you" she got into a tizzy as well… she can't remember what he told her.

Oh my god, i just found the time to read this report and i am all :tears: and :wub2: now...

I have no words to express how caring and wonderful his behaviour towards your daughter was. I mean, he must be totally knackered but is thoughtful enough to write down his words with a pen and making it "readable" for your daughter.

Things like this always remind me of why i love this guy (apart from his talent as an artist).

So happy for you and your daughters, mille grazie per raccontare questa storia!!! :wub2:

Oh my god, i just found the time to read this report and i am all :tears: and :wub2: now...

I have no words to express how caring and wonderful his behaviour towards your daughter was. I mean, he must be totally knackered but is thoughtful enough to write down his words with a pen and making it "readable" for your daughter.

Things like this always remind me of why i love this guy (apart from his talent as an artist).

So happy for you and your daughters, mille grazie per raccontare questa storia!!! :wub2:

so true!

Hello everybody :)

as I don't speak English, this is my fist report in this language (thank you mari62 for translating).

Nothing peculiar had happened to me at former gigs, a part from Mika saying to me "Nice to see you again" both in Milan and Rome :fangurl:

But after this show something very special happened, that made my daughter and me very very happy and I'd like to share my happiness with you :wub2:

My elder daughter, Eleonora (Topi85) comes almost always with me, on the contrary the younger one (Elisabetta - Betta89) can't always make it, due to school/university and to her disability: she's blind.

In 2007 in Bologna Mika did a signature to them, but since then Elisabetta had no chance to meet him again, so she was so looking forward to it!!

Recently I got to know that Mika meets the disabled after every gig, so in Rome, when we saw Mrs P. while queuing up, Marina asked her if Elisabetta could have a chance to meet Mika in Udine (she wasn't in Rome). Mrs P. replied she would come out in the afternoon on the next day and would look for her.

In Udine unfortunately I didn't see Mrs P in the afternoon, and when I got to know that LGs and BGs had already been chosen, we're sad, coz we thought that she had forgotten about her (we all know she's very busy).

So I tried to comfort Elisabetta saying that Mrs P would probably come out afterwards.

The show was amazing as usual, although the disabled area was far from stage and we hadn't a great view from there.

After the show we hoped Mrs P. came inside looking for us, but she didn't, so we went out and stand in line waiting for Mika with the other fans.

First we're told that he'd sign and make pics, later that he was tired and wouldn't sign, but just greet.

Mika arrived and started going along the line; the car had stopped near to us and when I saw his mum inside, I waved to her and she waved back, then I saw her talking to someone and right afterwards John arrived and asked who was Mrs P's girl.

When Mika came closer to us, John pointed at my daughter, so Mika said hi to me and I told him that that was "my daughter" (one of the few English words I know :biggrin2: ).

Elisabetta was very excited and handed him a gift and the tour book I got in Paris: he asked for a pen, since he didn't have anything to sign with; when he was given a felt tip he said he wanted a pen not a felt tip.

When they gave it to him, he asked her her name, but she was so excited, that I had to speak at her place.

I was also very excited: in fact, when he asked me about the trip (he knew about the van) I told him that I would get off in Padova (where I live), pick my daughters there and then drive to Codroipo (I had asked the guy from Universal to translate that sentence and he laughed when he heard about that :naughty: ).

Later on I realized that when MIka had asked me about the trip, he was probably referring to Rome :doh:

The funniest thing about our encounter was that I was speaking Italian and Mika was speaking English ….. (I had asked a boy who spoke English to help me but he looked absentminded) I don't know how much Mika understood of what I said ……btw it was such an amazing and unforgettable moment, especially for my daughter, she was over the moon, and Eleonora and I, we were so happy for her!! :wub2:

When Mika went away, we approached the car and thanked Mrs P, and she was so sweet as to thank US for attending the show.

Mika is a special person indeed, just like his mother and I thank them with all my heart for the wonderful night!! Elisabetta is looking forward to Cattolica now!!

That is so beautiful...:tears:

Thats such a touching and heartwarming report :wub2: Mika really is one of a kind.

Clara I'm so happy for you and your daughters!!!

Thanks..you're welcome :wub2: so true :wub2:

That is so beautiful...:tears:

I feel the same way after reading her report. :tears::wub2:

I wouldn't have even thought of something like that. He's so thoughtful. :fangurl:

I agree entirely. What he did was so considerate and kind, he's just wonderful. :tears::wub2:

I'm glad that you and your daughters had such a great experience clara85! Thanks for the wonderful report. :wub2:

grazie Marina :flowers2:

questo è lo sfigatissimo palco da cui io e le ragazze abbiamo seguito lo show di Mika :sneaky2:

3-1.jpg

they should have set it up closer to the stage :sneaky2:

(avrebbero dovuto sistemarlo più vicino al palco)

Edited by mari62
adding Italian tranlation

I feel the same way after reading her report. :tears::wub2:

I wouldn't have even thought of something like that. He's so thoughtful. :fangurl:

I agree entirely. What he did was so considerate and kind, he's just wonderful. :tears::wub2:

I'm glad that you and your daughters had such a great experience clara85! Thanks for the wonderful report. :wub2:

Thanks girls :huglove: Mika is wonderful person :wub2:

• 2 weeks later...

Pics from Italian Dyslexic Association in Pordenone

AID Pordenone - Mika - New Dyslexic Generation @ Villa Manin - Passariano - Codroipo - Udine

That poster says

"Dyslexic Generation"

and I think it's misspelt,

that is the weirdest poster anyone has ever brought

to any of my concerts

and probably the best,

DON'T PUT IT AWAY!!!!

Quel poster dice "Dyslexic Generation"

(Generazione Dislessica),

e penso che sia scritto sbagliato,

quello è il poster più bizzarro,

che chiunque abbia mai portato ad uno dei miei concerti

ed è probabilmente il migliore,

NON METTETELO VIA!!!

Edited by mari62
adding pics link

From AID's site (Italian Dyslexic Association)

phoca_thumb_l_mika_villa_manin_2010_07_07%20089%20copia%20bis.jpg

http://www.aidpordenone.netsons.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118:uniniezione-di-energia-e-di-fiducia-in-se-stessi&catid=41:stampa&Itemid=60

UN'INIEZIONE DI ENERGIA E DI FIDUCIA IN SÉ STESSI.

Questo è quello che Mika ha lasciato ai ragazzi dislessici, come lui, che mercoledì 7 luglio hanno assistito al suo concerto a Villa Manin di Passariano, sotto la scritta “We are new dyslexic generation”.

“Non abbassate lo striscione!” ha detto loro dal palco.

L'energia di Mika, la sua genialità, il suo estro, la sua simpatia e semplicità, hanno saputo coinvolgere tutti in uno spettacolo entusiasmante, non solo visto ma vissuto insieme a lui.

E a fine concerto si è intrattenuto con i ragazzi del gruppo AID di Pordenone per qualche minuto, incoraggiandoli, dicendo loro che anche se la dislessia rende difficile la scuola si può avere successo nella vita (lui ne è la prova).

Poi si è infilato tra loro, come fosse un amico da sempre, per una foto sotto quello stesso striscione, sollevato quasi con orgoglio.

Un'emozione grandissima per questi ragazzi che porteranno le sue parole nel cuore per sempre.

GRAZIE MIKA!!! e grazie al personale dello Staff che ha permesso questo incontro.

Il Gazzettino di Pordenone 10 luglio 2010

--------------------------

INJECTION OF ENERGY AND CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF

This is what Mika left the dyslexic children, like himself, who attended - Wednesday, July 7 - his concert at Villa Manin in Passariano, under the writing "We are dyslexic new generation".

"Don't lower the banner," he told them from stage.

The energy of Mika, his genius, his talent, his kindness and simplicity have been able to involve everyone in an exciting show, which wasn't not only seen but also lived with him.

And at the end of the concert he spent a few minutes with the guys of the AID group of Pordenone, encouraging them, telling them that, although dyslexia makes school difficult, you can be successful in life (he is the proof).

Then he stood among them, as he were an old friend of theirs, for a photo under the same banner, raised proudly.

Great thrill for these guys, who'll bring his words in their hearts forever.

THANK YOU MIKA! and thanks to his team, who allowed this meeting.

The Gazzettino Pordenone July 10, 2010

Edited by mari62
adding pic

From AID's site (Italian Dyslexic Association)

phoca_thumb_l_mika_villa_manin_2010_07_07%20089%20copia%20bis.jpg

http://www.aidpordenone.netsons.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118:uniniezione-di-energia-e-di-fiducia-in-se-stessi&catid=41:stampa&Itemid=60

UN'INIEZIONE DI ENERGIA E DI FIDUCIA IN SÉ STESSI.

Questo è quello che Mika ha lasciato ai ragazzi dislessici, come lui, che mercoledì 7 luglio hanno assistito al suo concerto a Villa Manin di Passariano, sotto la scritta “We are new dyslexic generation”.

“Non abbassate lo striscione!” ha detto loro dal palco.

L'energia di Mika, la sua genialità, il suo estro, la sua simpatia e semplicità, hanno saputo coinvolgere tutti in uno spettacolo entusiasmante, non solo visto ma vissuto insieme a lui.

E a fine concerto si è intrattenuto con i ragazzi del gruppo AID di Pordenone per qualche minuto, incoraggiandoli, dicendo loro che anche se la dislessia rende difficile la scuola si può avere successo nella vita (lui ne è la prova).

Poi si è infilato tra loro, come fosse un amico da sempre, per una foto sotto quello stesso striscione, sollevato quasi con orgoglio.

Un'emozione grandissima per questi ragazzi che porteranno le sue parole nel cuore per sempre.

GRAZIE MIKA!!! e grazie al personale dello Staff che ha permesso questo incontro.

Il Gazzettino di Pordenone 10 luglio 2010

--------------------------

INJECTION OF ENERGY AND CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF

This is what Mika left the dyslexic children, like himself, who attended - Wednesday, July 7 - his concert at Villa Manin in Passariano, under the writing "We are dyslexic new generation".

"Don't lower the banner," he told them from stage.

The energy of Mika, his genius, his talent, his kindness and simplicity have been able to involve everyone in an exciting show, which wasn't not only seen but also lived with him.

And at the end of the concert he spent a few minutes with the guys of the AID group of Pordenone, encouraging them, telling them that, although dyslexia makes school difficult, you can be successful in life (he is the proof).

Then he stood among them, like a friend, for a photo under the same banner, raised proudly.

Great thrill for these guys, who'll bring his words in their hearts forever.

THANK YOU MIKA! and thanks to his team, who allowed this meeting.

The Gazzettino Pordenone July 10, 2010

It is so heartwarming to read that:wub2: Thanks for posting Marina!!!