REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika@Villa Manin, Udine, Italy: 07-JULY-2010

dcdeb

slept all day, since i was feeling really ill again this morning... but now i'm feeling much better. :biggrin2: so i've started preparing & uploading stuff tonight. for a start, some videos... i have 3 more (love today shooting, talk before toy boy, and some bits of the m+g), will upload them tomorrow together with the pix. :wink2:

talk & sitm:

kick ass (filmed by tiibet):

bits of biotg & lollipop:

talk & oms:

band introduction & happy ending:

btw, something i forgot to mention in my report... the support act was some DJ, who was on stage for over an hour iirc... mika only came on about 9:30. some of the music the DJ played was quite good, but in general he wasn't really that entertaining.

Hope you are feeling better now! I had the same (?) virus yesterday :aah:

Thanks for your vids! :thumb_yello: I obviously couldn't use your camera, I'm so sorry! I didn't dare much zoom or anything... But as you were not filming KA yourself in any case I hope it doesn't matter.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries nina, i'm very happy with the kick ass video! like i said, i wouldn't have been able to film it, was busy dancing and singing. :naughty: the problem with my camera is, that for filming you can use the optical zoom only BEFORE you start filming, and everything you do while filming is just the digital zoom, which makes the quality worse. i was too busy telling you that at the gig, so no worries, the way you did it was just fine. :thumb_yello: happy to have a recording of the first time i've seen KA live. :wub2:

here are my photos, videos will follow later: http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/mikafanclub_de/2010%2007%2007%20Udine/

udine02.jpg

udine03.jpg

udine04.jpg

udine07.jpg

udine09.jpg

udine13.jpg

udine14.jpg

udine22.jpg

udine26.jpg

the last 2 vids:

love today shooting part:

bits of the m+g:

(like allegra wished, i cut out the part of her+mika holding hands. :lmao::bleh:)

btw, i agree to what has been said on here about the striped shirt. i never particularly liked it, and he's definitely wearing it much too often. :aah: or them. i guess (hope) he has more than one. :naughty: i miss the good old costume changes. though it's something we discussed in codroipo too, and someone said it might be so the focus is more on the stage set and less on the costumes. maybe, but i'd still prefer if he wore some different shirts instead of this striped one all the time. :fisch: i LOVE the flower costumes for the encore though, they're so fab, all of them, mika's and the band's. :fangurl:

i really enjoyed meeting you all (again), especially avoca, allegra, nezza, faballa and tiibet, whom i spent the most time with, and also luca, lostandfound, and cassilda, whom i've met for the first (and hopefully not the last) time. :biggrin2: - and of course all the others, whom i didn't get to talk with that much, but also enjoyed meeting you (again)! :biggrin2:

but as you all know, my highlight of the day was meeting... nezza's fluff ring! :fangurl::lmao::naughty:

Edited by mellody

just remembered something else... john looked quite content when he told me that germany had lost the football match against spain. :sneaky2: bet he was happy that we got the "revenge" for kicking out england. :naughty: luckily he wasn't the first one to tell me, tiibet had told me already right after the gig, since her husband had texted her. so i could act cool and answer that i got to see a fab gig instead. :naughty: still... grr... if i had watched that match, we surely wouldn't have lost. :shun: next time they should set up video screens for watching the match, instead of some weird DJ support act. :bleh: that's what take that did when i went to their gig in 2006 - huge video screens showed the england match before the show. :bleh:

just remembered something else... john looked quite content when he told me that germany had lost the football match against spain. :sneaky2: bet he was happy that we got the "revenge" for kicking out england. :naughty: luckily he wasn't the first one to tell me, tiibet had told me already right after the gig, since her husband had texted her. so i could act cool and answer that i got to see a fab gig instead. :naughty: still... grr... if i had watched that match, we surely wouldn't have lost. :shun: next time they should set up video screens for watching the match, instead of some weird DJ support act. :bleh: that's what take that did when i went to their gig in 2006 - huge video screens showed the england match before the show. :bleh:

I have to say that your pics are stunning, Mellody.

Oh, and no comment re the match :naughty:

Hello everybody :)

as I don't speak English, this is my fist report in this language (thank you mari62 for translating).

Nothing peculiar had happened to me at former gigs, a part from Mika saying to me "Nice to see you again" both in Milan and Rome :fangurl:

But after this show something very special happened, that made my daughter and me very very happy and I'd like to share my happiness with you :wub2:

My elder daughter, Eleonora (Topi85) comes almost always with me, on the contrary the younger one (Elisabetta - Betta89) can't always make it, due to school/university and to her disability: she's blind.

In 2007 in Bologna Mika did a signature to them, but since then Elisabetta had no chance to meet him again, so she was so looking forward to it!!

Recently I got to know that Mika meets the disabled after every gig, so in Rome, when we saw Mrs P. while queuing up, Marina asked her if Elisabetta could have a chance to meet Mika in Udine (she wasn't in Rome). Mrs P. replied she would come out in the afternoon on the next day and would look for her.

In Udine unfortunately I didn't see Mrs P in the afternoon, and when I got to know that LGs and BGs had already been chosen, we're sad, coz we thought that she had forgotten about her (we all know she's very busy).

So I tried to comfort Elisabetta saying that Mrs P would probably come out afterwards.

The show was amazing as usual, although the disabled area was far from stage and we hadn't a great view from there.

After the show we hoped Mrs P. came inside looking for us, but she didn't, so we went out and stand in line waiting for Mika with the other fans.

First we're told that he'd sign and make pics, later that he was tired and wouldn't sign, but just greet.

Mika arrived and started going along the line; the car had stopped near to us and when I saw his mum inside, I waved to her and she waved back, then I saw her talking to someone and right afterwards John arrived and asked who was Mrs P's girl.

When Mika came closer to us, John pointed at my daughter, so Mika said hi to me and I told him that that was "my daughter" (one of the few English words I know :biggrin2: ).

Elisabetta was very excited and handed him a gift and the tour book I got in Paris: he asked for a pen, since he didn't have anything to sign with; when he was given a felt tip he said he wanted a pen not a felt tip.

When they gave it to him, he asked her her name, but she was so excited, that I had to speak at her place.

As he was pressing the pen on the sheet so much while writing, I thought that the pen wasn't working; at first I didn't realize that he was doing it on purpose, so that Elisabetta could read/feel the signature with her fingers :tears: (I was excited as well). That made me realize that his mum had told him about her coz he knew she was blind.

While signing and writing her name down he asked if Elisabetta had a final "a"; when he finished, he gave the book back to her, and then asked her her name……. I looked at him…. and he said:"Oh yes, Elisabetta!" (poor Mika, he was really exhausted :naughty:), then while he was talking to her, she was holding his hand, she wanted to have a contact with him, so he put her hand on his hair, and laughed……… my daughter got even more excited and told me she was trembling, I told it to Mika and he hugged and kissed her (but this way she got even more excited) ….. so I introduced Eleonora to him, and when he said to her "Nice to meet you" she got into a tizzy as well… she can't remember what he told her.

I was also very excited: in fact, when he asked me about the trip (he knew about the van) I told him that I would get off in Padova (where I live), pick my daughters there and then drive to Codroipo (I had asked the guy from Universal to translate that sentence and he laughed when he heard about that :naughty: ).

Later on I realized that when MIka had asked me about the trip, he was probably referring to Rome :doh:

The funniest thing about our encounter was that I was speaking Italian and Mika was speaking English ….. (I had asked a boy who spoke English to help me but he looked absentminded) I don't know how much Mika understood of what I said ……btw it was such an amazing and unforgettable moment, especially for my daughter, she was over the moon, and Eleonora and I, we were so happy for her!! :wub2:

When Mika went away, we approached the car and thanked Mrs P, and she was so sweet as to thank US for attending the show.

Mika is a special person indeed, just like his mother and I thank them with all my heart for the wonderful night!! Elisabetta is looking forward to Cattolica now!!

as I don't speak English, this is my fist report in this language (thank you mari62 for translating).

Nothing peculiar had happened to me at former gigs, a part from Mika saying to me "Nice to see you again" both in Milan and Rome :fangurl:

But after this show something very special happened, that made my daughter and me very very happy and I'd like to share my happiness with you :wub2:

My elder daughter, Eleonora (Topi85) comes almost always with me, on the contrary the younger one (Elisabetta - Betta89) can't always make it, due to school/university and to her disability: she's blind.

In 2007 in Bologna Mika did a signature to them, but since then Elisabetta had no chance to meet him again, so she was so looking forward to it!!

Recently I got to know that Mika meets the disabled after every gig, so in Rome, when we saw Mrs P. while queuing up, Marina asked her if Elisabetta could have a chance to meet Mika in Udine (she wasn't in Rome). Mrs P. replied she would come out in the afternoon on the next day and would look for her.

In Udine unfortunately I didn't see Mrs P in the afternoon, and when I got to know that LGs and BGs had already been chosen, we're sad, coz we thought that she had forgotten about her (we all know she's very busy).

So I tried to comfort Elisabetta saying that Mrs P would probably come out afterwards.

The show was amazing as usual, although the disabled area was far from stage and we hadn't a great view from there.

After the show we hoped Mrs P. came inside looking for us, but she didn't, so we went out and stand in line waiting for Mika with the other fans.

First we're told that he'd sign and make pics, later that he was tired and wouldn't sign, but just greet.

Mika arrived and started going along the line; the car had stopped near to us and when I saw his mum inside, I waved to her and she waved back, then I saw her talking to someone and right afterwards John arrived and asked who was Mrs P's girl.

When Mika came closer to us, John pointed at my daughter, so Mika said hi to me and I told him that that was "my daughter" (one of the few English words I know :biggrin2: ).

Elisabetta was very excited and handed him a gift and the tour book I got in Paris: he asked for a pen, since he didn't have anything to sign with; when he was given a felt tip he said he wanted a pen not a felt tip.

When they gave it to him, he asked her her name, but she was so excited, that I had to speak at her place.

As he was pressing the pen on the sheet so much while writing, I thought that the pen wasn't working; at first I didn't realize that he was doing it on purpose, so that Elisabetta could read/feel the signature with her fingers :tears: (I was excited as well). That made me realize that his mum had told him about her coz he knew she was blind.

While signing and writing her name down he asked if Elisabetta had a final "a"; when he finished, he gave the book back to her, and then asked her her name……. I looked at him…. and he said:"Oh yes, Elisabetta!" (poor Mika, he was really exhausted :naughty:), then while he was talking to her, she was holding his hand, she wanted to have a contact with him, so he put her hand on his hair, and laughed……… my daughter got even more excited and told me she was trembling, I told it to Mika and he hugged and kissed her (but this way she got even more excited) ….. so I introduced Eleonora to him, and when he said to her "Nice to meet you" she got into a tizzy as well… she can't remember what he told her.

I was also very excited: in fact, when he asked me about the trip (he knew about the van) I told him that I would get off in Padova (where I live), pick my daughters there and then drive to Codroipo (I had asked the guy from Universal to translate that sentence and he laughed when he heard about that :naughty: ).

Later on I realized that when MIka had asked me about the trip, he was probably referring to Rome :doh:

The funniest thing about our encounter was that I was speaking Italian and Mika was speaking English ….. (I had asked a boy who spoke English to help me but he looked absentminded) I don't know how much Mika understood of what I said ……btw it was such an amazing and unforgettable moment, especially for my daughter, she was over the moon, and Eleonora and I, we were so happy for her!! :wub2:

When Mika went away, we approached the car and thanked Mrs P, and she was so sweet as to thank US for attending the show.

Mika is a special person indeed, just like his mother and I thank them with all my heart for the wonderful night!! Elisabetta is looking forward to Cattolica now!!

Clara, thank you so much for writing this beautiful report! The bolded part made me cry :tears: He is so thoughtful and kind, I never get used to it, it's so touching every time... I'm so happy for your daughter (and you too) :wub2:

Clara, thank you so much for writing this beautiful report! The bolded part made me cry :tears: He is so thoughtful and kind, I never get used to it, it's so touching every time... I'm so happy for your daughter (and you too) :wub2:

Totally agree in each word...

Sitting here with tears in my eyes, too...

As he was pressing the pen on the sheet so much while writing, I thought that the pen wasn't working; at first I didn't realize that he was doing it on purpose, so that Elisabetta could read/feel the signature with her fingers :tears:

Yes, this is Mika, I guess. He knows how to give people what they need within the shortest time slot possible. I don't think I'll ever get over it. girl_in_dreams.gif

Totally agree in each word...

Sitting here with tears in my eyes, too...

thank you very much, girls :huglove:

wow.. I guess that's the most beautiful story I've ever read..! I think Elisabetta will never ever forget this moment... Mika is simply one of a kind ..amazing

well ... to my story (excuse my english):

My friend and I are from vienna ..so we combined the concert with a holiday (just like mellody). We had a couple of days on the beach in lignano (wonderful) and our anticipation for the gig grew and grew with each day (it would be our second gig ..besides the one in vienna)

codroipo is very small and we didn't have a car ...we had to find a bus to get us there ..which wasn't easy at all (there was only one bus to codroipo, which drove only two times a day) finally we got on the bus (we were the only passengers :mf_rosetinted:).

then we landed somewhere in codroipo (we couldn't find the place on our map) so we just started walking into the direction where the villa manin should be ..we ended up walking like one and a half hour in midday heat, but we finally got there

it looked so beautiful ...I guess it's the perfect place to have a open air gig!

we got numbers 58 and 59 and spended the rest of the day in the shadows of villa manin ..it was very relaxed ..and it was great to see (and especially hear) the buildup of the stage and the soundcheck ..I sooo loved the flowerbackground

everything went very well because of all the nice and kind people who were there! I was happy to get to know especially mellody, cassilda (+ gang), faballa, the girl who we spend the m&g with (sorry, don't knwo your name)) and also a big thank you to the girl with numbers who explained everything to us in english at the queue before we got in :bow:

well the gig was way to short for me ...but amazing!! I loved the atmosphere ... the italians are good in making root for the show

we were standing in the second row on the left side .. great spot! I loved the talking about the dream about the toy boy song .. I couldn't stop laughing :aah:

I also loved blue eyes and sitm (my two favourite live-songs) ... sitm live is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced :biggrin2: and the interacting with the band was very entertaining

after the gig we followed mellody and the others and got to the m&g place

I wanted him to sign my ipod (cause I forgot to let him sign something in vienna) but sadly he didn't sign anything.

oh and he was so nice to the dyslexic children.. it was nice to watch him talking with them

my friend an I had a necklace with a plastic goldfish on it for him (sounds crazy I know ^^)

before the show we gave his mother a fishbowl (which we designed) and asked her to give it to him because it would be very unhandy to dance with it during the show :biggrin2: mrs p looked at us with a very irritaded look but smiled and took it with her.

so we asked him at the m&g if his mother gave him the 'fish-glas-thing' (we didn't know how to describe it) he looked very confused and said 'no... not yet..?' :roftl: then I gave him the necklace and told him that this one is the second part ...he than smiled and thanked us and went on

then we went back to codroipo in the middle of the night (hungry and tired) and didn't find the way back to the bus station :sneaky2: it was very very cold and there was noone but us except for some peacocks :mf_rosetinted:

we then spent the rest of the night on two park benches until the bus at 8am took us home

sorry for the length of my report :blush-anim-cl:

oh and thx for the reports

and the amazing pics!! they are fantastic, mellody!

Edited by lostandfound

Hi everybody!!!

I was in Udine and it was another great night!!!

Hoping to have soon the time to write a proper report and to enjoy yours with your pics and vids, I'll post my pics!

34897_136206636403474_1000004241673.jpg

36232_136206716403466_1000004241673.jpg

36232_136206719736799_1000004241673.jpg

here you can find other pics: http://s675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/LilVioletPb/mika%20in%20udine%20-%2007%20jul%202010/

I hope to be able to come back soon!!! :bye:

Yesterday I watched some vids on youtube and I'm just a little bit sad. I missed so many things because I didn't see them (my sister who is taller than me saw more :aah:)...

But I'm sure, row number one or two will be able to me once, too...:naughty:

Lostandfound~thanks for your report...Cassilda and gang sounds funny :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Yesterday I watched some vids on youtube and I'm just a little bit sad. I missed so many things because I didn't see them (my sister who is taller than me saw more :aah:)...

But I'm sure, row number one or two will be able to me once, too...:naughty:

Lostandfound~thanks for your report...Cassilda and gang sounds funny :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

because you were funny :wink2:

then we went back to codroipo in the middle of the night (hungry and tired) and didn't find the way back to the bus station :sneaky2: it was very very cold and there was noone but us except for some peacocks :mf_rosetinted:

we then spent the rest of the night on two park benches until the bus at 8am took us home

That's Italy, man! :aah:

I'm sorry. :huglove: Italian people are very friendly and chatty, they can give you a warm welcome but they are not well-organised, for sure! :boxed:

And the means of transport are our weak spot. :sneaky2:

Oh, thank you all so much for sharing such amazing photos and videos

and stories! Especially clara85 -- what a heartwarming moment your

daughter shared with Mika! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

What an amazing guy :wub2: Lovely meeting Clara!

wow.. I guess that's the most beautiful story I've ever read..! I think Elisabetta will never ever forget this moment... Mika is simply one of a kind ..amazing

well ... to my story (excuse my english):

My friend and I are from vienna ..so we combined the concert with a holiday (just like mellody). We had a couple of days on the beach in lignano (wonderful) and our anticipation for the gig grew and grew with each day (it would be our second gig ..besides the one in vienna)

codroipo is very small and we didn't have a car ...we had to find a bus to get us there ..which wasn't easy at all (there was only one bus to codroipo, which drove only two times a day) finally we got on the bus (we were the only passengers :mf_rosetinted:).

then we landed somewhere in codroipo (we couldn't find the place on our map) so we just started walking into the direction where the villa manin should be ..we ended up walking like one and a half hour in midday heat, but we finally got there

it looked so beautiful ...I guess it's the perfect place to have a open air gig!

we got numbers 58 and 59 and spended the rest of the day in the shadows of villa manin ..it was very relaxed ..and it was great to see (and especially hear) the buildup of the stage and the soundcheck ..I sooo loved the flowerbackground

everything went very well because of all the nice and kind people who were there! I was happy to get to know especially mellody, cassilda (+ gang), faballa, the girl who we spend the m&g with (sorry, don't knwo your name)) and also a big thank you to the girl with numbers who explained everything to us in english at the queue before we got in :bow:

well the gig was way to short for me ...but amazing!! I loved the atmosphere ... the italians are good in making root for the show

we were standing in the second row on the left side .. great spot! I loved the talking about the dream about the toy boy song .. I couldn't stop laughing :aah:

I also loved blue eyes and sitm (my two favourite live-songs) ... sitm live is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced :biggrin2: and the interacting with the band was very entertaining

after the gig we followed mellody and the others and got to the m&g place

I wanted him to sign my ipod (cause I forgot to let him sign something in vienna) but sadly he didn't sign anything.

oh and he was so nice to the dyslexic children.. it was nice to watch him talking with them

my friend an I had a necklace with a plastic goldfish on it for him (sounds crazy I know ^^)

before the show we gave his mother a fishbowl (which we designed) and asked her to give it to him because it would be very unhandy to dance with it during the show :biggrin2: mrs p looked at us with a very irritaded look but smiled and took it with her.

so we asked him at the m&g if his mother gave him the 'fish-glas-thing' (we didn't know how to describe it) he looked very confused and said 'no... not yet..?' :roftl: then I gave him the necklace and told him that this one is the second part ...he than smiled and thanked us and went on

sorry for the length of my report :blush-anim-cl:

oh and thx for the reports

and the amazing pics!! they are fantastic, mellody!

thanks :wub2: I'm agree, she will remember forever :blush-anim-cl:

nice story:thumb_yello: