Very lovely and kind review of Mika's performing.

Lena

(also it is the announcement of the Moscow gig)

Mika. Его наследное высочество.

Признаюсь честно, к выступлению Мики (Mika), заявленного в качестве хедлайнера первого дня фестиваля Exit-2010, я отнесся с некоторым предубеждением. В самом деле, нужно же чем-то привлечь внимание шестнадцатилетних девочек, с шести часов вечера занимавших первые ряды у сцены! Миловидный юноша с высоким голосом подходил для этой цели как никто другой.

Скептицизм усилило микино опоздание - как правило, на Exit все коллективы работают как часы: даже пятиминутная задержка выхода считается чем-то из ряда вон выходящим. А Мика опаздывал на целых пятнадцать минут; на сцене суетились техники, то проверяя звучание гитар, то меняя местами микрофоны. Но вот, наконец, вспыхнула рампа и под первые звуки "Relax, Take It Easy" Мика появился перед публикой.

Впрочем, нет, "появился" - неправильное слово. Влетел, ворвался,- вот что сделал Мика. Передвигаясь по сцене с сумасшедшей скоростью, он ухитряется прыгать и даже, кажется, зависать в воздухе, демонстрируя сумасшедшую балетную пластику - и при этом ни на секунду не теряя дыхание. И с первых же минут, - да нет, секунд его выступления любые сомнения в состоятельности Мики как весьма и весьма значимого артиста актульной сцены отпадают. Он работает с удивительной самоотдачей,- что называется, "на разрыв аорты". И единственный вопрос, который себе задаешь: надолго ли этого парня хватит? Сколько он еще сможет так петь, пыгать, танцевать? Дотянет ли до конца выступления, или выдохнется на полпути?

Но Мика выдыхаться не собирается, а только наращивает темп. Вот уже сорван длиннополый сюртук, а певец садится за фортепиано и демонстрирует отменное исполнительское мастерство. Такой сильной и быстрой правой руки со времен Элтона Джона (Elton John) в поп-музыке не наблюдалось. Играет Мика так резко и агрессивно, будто гвозди вколачивает, но при этом соблюдает ритмическую четкость и даже позволяет себе небольшие вокальные импровизации. Поневоле напрашивается еще одна ассоциация - такой же сумасшедший темп концерта, такую же животную пластику демонстрировал в 70-е сам Фредди Меркьюри (Freddie Mercury). Да уж, подрастает наследничек... Впрочем, не будем забывать, что юноша не скрывает своего восхищения Фредди, и даже использовал в студийной работе рояль, некогда принадлежавший вокалисту и клавишнику Queen.

А концерт все набирает обороты - вот уже и майка сорвана, и Мика начинает недвусмысленно заигрывать с собственной бэк-вокалисткой, не забывая одновременно работать с публикой: "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" распевает вся многотысячная толпа. Голоса артист, между тем, не теряет, очень уверенно ведя основную вокальную партию и периодически переходя на яркий и точный фальцет. При этом вокальные аранжировки тоже заслуживают отдельной похвалы - помимо специально выделенной бэк-вокалистки, Мике подпевает вся группа - и гитарист, и клавишник, и басист, и даже блестящая барабанщица Черисс Осей (Cherisse Osei), памятная по работе с The Faders.

Компонует Мика сет-лист своего выступления также чрезвычайно продуманно, чередуя старые хиты, такие как "Happy Ending" и "Love Today", с новыми вещами, - например, "Rain". Кроме того, на гигантский экран-задник проецируется специальный видеоряд, с которым музыкант старается взаимодействовать - то повторяет движения мультяшного персонажа на экране, то встанет в эпицентр нарисованного взрыва. И все это шоу идет практически без пауз, на одном дыхании. Так когда-то, в середине 80-х, работал Майкл Джексон (Michael Jackson) - вот, еще одного покойника упомянули на ночь глядя! - на одном дыхании, точно, выверенно, четко и слаженно. Мика и в его сторону, кстати, отвешивает реверанс, имитируя несколько раз за концерт знаменитую "лунную походку".

Вынужден признаться, мой скептицизм оказался позорным образом посрамлен. Перед нами - безусловная поп-звезда, прекрасно разбирающаяся в истории мировой поп-сцены, с уважением относящаяся к великим предшественникам и достойна несущая их знамя. И даже если вам кажется, что музыка Мики - совсем "не ваша" музыка, поверьте на слово: увидеть его шоу хотя бы единожды, безусловно, стоит. Это - весьма и весьма достойно.

Браво, ваше высочество! Поп-трон наконец-то нашел своего инфанта.

Mika

Arena Moscow

28 июля

http://www.zvuki.ru/R/P/23192/

I shall not manage to make beautiful translation. But I shall ask our girls to make it)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall not manage to make beautiful translation. But I shall ask our girls to make it)

Never fear Lena! I shall use the kind and fine translator!

(Also it is the announcement of the Moscow gig)

Mika. His Highness the Crown.

Frankly, the statement made by Miki (Mika), claimed to be the headliner of the first day of the festival Exit-2010, I took with some prejudice. In fact, the same need something to attract the attention of sixteen girls, from six o'clock in the evening occupying the front rows near the stage! A comely young man with a high voice suited for this purpose like no other.

The skepticism increased Meekin late - usually at Exit all groups are working like a clock: even five minute delay release is something out of the ordinary. And Mick was late for fifteen minutes on stage bustling technology, then checking the guitar, then swapping microphones. But now, finally, broke out ramp and under the first sounds of "Relax, Take It Easy" Mika appeared before the public.

But, no, "appeared" - wrong word. Burst, burst - that's what made Mick. Moving around the stage with breakneck speed, he manages to jump and even seem to hover in the air, showing a crazy ballet plastic - while never for a moment losing his breath. And from the first minute - nay, seconds of his speech any doubts about viability Mickey as a very, very significant artist Actuality fall off the stage. He works with amazing dedication - that is, "to aortic rupture. And the only question that you ask yourself: how long this guy enough? How he can still sing like, pygat to dance? Will make it there until the end of speech, or out of steam halfway?

But Mick is not going to run out of steam, but only gaining momentum. Already frustrated prince Albert, the singer sat at the piano and demonstrates the excellent performance skills. Such a strong and fast right hand since Elton John (Elton John) in pop music was not observed. Playing Mika loud and aggressive, like hammering nails, but it complies with rhythmic precision, and even allows himself a small vocal improvisation. Involuntarily suggests another association - the same crazy pace of the concert, the same animal plasticity demonstrated in the 70's myself Freddie Mercury (Freddie Mercury). Yeah, growing up naslednichek ... But let's not forget that the young man does not hide his admiration for Freddie, and even used in studio work a piano, once owned by singer and keyboardist Queen.

And all concert is gaining momentum - has been disrupted and Mike, and Mike begins to clearly flirting with his own backing vocalist, not forgetting to work simultaneously with the audience: "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" sings the whole crowd of thousands. Voice actor, meanwhile, does not lose very confidently leading the main vocals and periodically passing on vivid and accurate falsetto. This vocal arrangements also deserve particular praise - in addition to a dedicated back-up singer, Mika singing together the whole group - and the guitarist and keyboardist, and bassist, and even a brilliant drummer Cherisse Osei (Cherisse Osei), aide to work with The Faders.

Assembles Mika setlist of his speech is also an extremely thoughtful, alternating between old hits such as "Happy Ending" and "Love Today", with new things - for example, "Rain". In addition, the giant screen-projected backdrop special video series, which the musician is trying to communicate - then repeats the motion of cartoon character on the screen, then get up in the epicenter of the explosion drawn. And all this show is almost without pause, in one breath. So sometime in the mid 80's, worked for Michael Jackson (Michael Jackson) - Behold, another corpse mention of the night! " - In one breath, as if impartial, balanced, clearly and coherently. Mick and his side, by the way, Weigh curtsy, simulating several times during the concert the famous "Moonwalk".

I must confess my skepticism was shamefully disgraced. In front of us - unconditional pop star, well versed in the history of the world pop scene, respectfully referring to great predecessors and worthy of carrying their banner. And even if you think that music Mika - just "not your" music, believe in the word: to see his show at least once, definitely worth it. This is - very, very dignified.

Bravo, Your Highness! Pop throne finally found his Infante.

Mika

Arena Moscow

July 28

It is funny translation))). I do not know, you see or not see that there is genuine admiration of the author of text to the Mika's performance). Very nice man!

It is funny translation))). I do not know, you see or not see that there is genuine admiration of the author of text to the Mika's performance). Very nice man!

It is a funny translation, but yes I can see that the man started the article saying he was not very keen on Mika and at the end he realises how good Mika is and suggests that people should see his show. :thumb_yello:

Mika. Его наследное высочество.

Признаюсь честно, к выступлению Мики (Mika), заявленного в качестве хедлайнера первого дня фестиваля Exit-2010, я отнесся с некоторым предубеждением. В самом деле, нужно же чем-то привлечь внимание шестнадцатилетних девочек, с шести часов вечера занимавших первые ряды у сцены! Миловидный юноша с высоким голосом подходил для этой цели как никто другой.

Скептицизм усилило микино опоздание - как правило, на Exit все коллективы работают как часы: даже пятиминутная задержка выхода считается чем-то из ряда вон выходящим. А Мика опаздывал на целых пятнадцать минут; на сцене суетились техники, то проверяя звучание гитар, то меняя местами микрофоны. Но вот, наконец, вспыхнула рампа и под первые звуки "Relax, Take It Easy" Мика появился перед публикой.

Впрочем, нет, "появился" - неправильное слово. Влетел, ворвался,- вот что сделал Мика. Передвигаясь по сцене с сумасшедшей скоростью, он ухитряется прыгать и даже, кажется, зависать в воздухе, демонстрируя сумасшедшую балетную пластику - и при этом ни на секунду не теряя дыхание. И с первых же минут, - да нет, секунд его выступления любые сомнения в состоятельности Мики как весьма и весьма значимого артиста актульной сцены отпадают. Он работает с удивительной самоотдачей,- что называется, "на разрыв аорты". И единственный вопрос, который себе задаешь: надолго ли этого парня хватит? Сколько он еще сможет так петь, пыгать, танцевать? Дотянет ли до конца выступления, или выдохнется на полпути?

Но Мика выдыхаться не собирается, а только наращивает темп. Вот уже сорван длиннополый сюртук, а певец садится за фортепиано и демонстрирует отменное исполнительское мастерство. Такой сильной и быстрой правой руки со времен Элтона Джона (Elton John) в поп-музыке не наблюдалось. Играет Мика так резко и агрессивно, будто гвозди вколачивает, но при этом соблюдает ритмическую четкость и даже позволяет себе небольшие вокальные импровизации. Поневоле напрашивается еще одна ассоциация - такой же сумасшедший темп концерта, такую же животную пластику демонстрировал в 70-е сам Фредди Меркьюри (Freddie Mercury). Да уж, подрастает наследничек... Впрочем, не будем забывать, что юноша не скрывает своего восхищения Фредди, и даже использовал в студийной работе рояль, некогда принадлежавший вокалисту и клавишнику Queen.

А концерт все набирает обороты - вот уже и майка сорвана, и Мика начинает недвусмысленно заигрывать с собственной бэк-вокалисткой, не забывая одновременно работать с публикой: "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" распевает вся многотысячная толпа. Голоса артист, между тем, не теряет, очень уверенно ведя основную вокальную партию и периодически переходя на яркий и точный фальцет. При этом вокальные аранжировки тоже заслуживают отдельной похвалы - помимо специально выделенной бэк-вокалистки, Мике подпевает вся группа - и гитарист, и клавишник, и басист, и даже блестящая барабанщица Черисс Осей (Cherisse Osei), памятная по работе с The Faders.

Компонует Мика сет-лист своего выступления также чрезвычайно продуманно, чередуя старые хиты, такие как "Happy Ending" и "Love Today", с новыми вещами, - например, "Rain". Кроме того, на гигантский экран-задник проецируется специальный видеоряд, с которым музыкант старается взаимодействовать - то повторяет движения мультяшного персонажа на экране, то встанет в эпицентр нарисованного взрыва. И все это шоу идет практически без пауз, на одном дыхании. Так когда-то, в середине 80-х, работал Майкл Джексон (Michael Jackson) - вот, еще одного покойника упомянули на ночь глядя! - на одном дыхании, точно, выверенно, четко и слаженно. Мика и в его сторону, кстати, отвешивает реверанс, имитируя несколько раз за концерт знаменитую "лунную походку".

Вынужден признаться, мой скептицизм оказался позорным образом посрамлен. Перед нами - безусловная поп-звезда, прекрасно разбирающаяся в истории мировой поп-сцены, с уважением относящаяся к великим предшественникам и достойна несущая их знамя. И даже если вам кажется, что музыка Мики - совсем "не ваша" музыка, поверьте на слово: увидеть его шоу хотя бы единожды, безусловно, стоит. Это - весьма и весьма достойно.

Браво, ваше высочество! Поп-трон наконец-то нашел своего инфанта.

Mika

Arena Moscow

28 июля

Большое спасибо :wub2:

thank you very much Lena for this review! although translation isn't perfect you can see it's great! what word "инфант" means? even i'm not 100% sure about meaning :naughty:I love that last sentence "Браво, ваше высочество! Поп-трон наконец-то нашел своего инфанта." Bravo indeed, pop tron really did find its...whatever...someone to sits in it:naughty:

btw I don't know if you read it, 2 of 4 boys who were on the stage with Mika at Exit festival were Russians. They came from St. Petersburg.

"шестнадцатилетних девочек, с шести часов вечера занимавших первые ряды у сцены" :roftl: thank you very much for that 16 years:naughty:

in fact, we were there from 5 not 6:naughty:

"шестнадцатилетних девочек, с шести часов вечера занимавших первые ряды у сцены" :roftl: thank you very much for that 16 years:naughty:

in fact, we were there from 5 not 6:naughty:

16 years! hahahh:roftl:

brilliant report, i love this!:blush-anim-cl:

it is so true about his concert, one is making a tremendous mistake by not going :wags_finger:

thank you very much Lena for this review! although translation isn't perfect you can see it's great! what word "инфант" means? even i'm not 100% sure about meaning

Since the translation is coming through as Infante, I'm guessing it means "prince".

tried to correct the translation, here it is:

Mika. His Royal Highness.

Frankly, I had some prejudice to Mika performance listed as a headliner of the first day at Exit-2010 festival. In fact, something is needed to catch the attention of sixteen years old girls who'd been occupying first rows in front of stage since 6 in the evening. Handsome young man with highly pitched voice was the best option for that.

The skepticism increased when Mika was late – usually all bands come up in time at Exit: even five minute delay considered to be something abnormal. And Mika was 15 minutes late; technicians were busy working on stage checking guitars’ sound or swapping microphones. However eventually the ligt was on and Mika showed up with the first sounds of "Relax, Take It Easy".

Though ‘showed up’ is a wrong word. Burst in that’s what Mika has done. Running and jumping around he even seemed to manage to freeze in the air demonstrating amazing ballet choreography and never losing his breath. And from the very first minutes, no, even seconds doubts in Mika's credibility as a very significant artist of popular music disappear. His commitment to work amazes that’s what is called ‘straining every nerve’. And the only question arise: How long will the guy hang on (survive? hold out?)? How long will he be able to sing like that, jump like that, dance? Will he make it to the end or go off halfway?

But that’s not what Mika is going to do, he only boosts it up. Taking his Prince Albert coat off he goes to the piano and shows excellent singing skills. Such a strong and fast right hand haven’t been seen in pop music since Elton John (don’t know what’s about his right hand… guess the guy wants to say that he was a strong pianist). Mika’s play is sharp and aggressive, like hammering nails, however it’s rhythmically precise and has some vocal improvisations. Inevitably another association comes to my mind – such a furious pace and brutal choreography were one Freddie Mercury’s shows in ‘70th. A good successor is growing up… Still, lets don't forget that the lad doesn't hide his admiration for Freddie, and even used in his studio work a piano once owned by a singer and keyboardist of Queen.

And the show keeps getting bigger – with is shirt off Mika obviously starts flirting with his backing vocal girl paying attention to the audience as well: "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" was sang along by thousand of people in the audience. Meanwhile, the artist keeps his voice leading main voice part with confidence periodically switching to bright and sharp falsetto. Moreover, vocal arrangements also deserve a special praise – apart from backing vocal girl, all other band members sing along with Mika - his guitarist and keyboardist, his bass player and even his brilliant drummer Cherisse Osei who former worked with The Faders.

Mika’s set list is made up very thoughtfully, interchanging old hits like "Happy Ending" and "Love Today" with new songs like "Rain". Moreover, special video images are displayed on a giant backdrop and Mika is trying o communicate with it either repeating movements of some cartoon character or stands up in the epicenter of cartoonified explosion. And all the show goes almost without any pauses, in one breath. Back in the mid ‘80th Michael Jackson – another deceased to mention when it’s getting dark! (not sure if it’s correct … word by word he writes 'when it's nearly night!') – worked like this: in one breath, precise, accurate, sharp and in team. By the way Mika drops a curtsey for him as well doing his famous 'moonwalk' several times during the show.

I must confess that my skepticism was shamefully disgraced. No doubt he’s a real pop star with an excellent knowledge of pop culture history who treats his great predecessors with respect and inherits the helm with dignity. And even if you think Mika is not ‘your’ music trust me, seeing his show at least once is definitely worth it. This is very praiseworthy.

Bravo, Your Highness! Pop throne has finally found its Infante/Prince.

Mika

Arena Moscow

July 28

Edit: made some corrections . thanks to Christine and Willywonka for their explanations )))

tried to correct the translation, here it is:

Mika. His Royal Highness.

Frankly, I had some prejudice to Mika performance listed as a headliner of the first day at Exit-2010 festival. In fact, something is needed to catch the attention of sixteen years old girls who'd been occupying first rows in front of stage since 6 in the evening. Handsome young man with highly pitched voice was the best option for that.

The skepticism increased when Mika was late – usually all bands come up in time at Exit: even five minute delay considered to be something abnormal. And Mika was 15 minutes late; technicians were busy working on stage checking guitars’ sound or swapping microphones. However eventually the ligt was on and Mika showed up with the first sounds of "Relax, Take It Easy".

Though ‘showed up’ is a wrong word. Burst in that’s what Mika has done. Running and jumping around he even seemed to manage to freeze in the air demonstrating amazing ballet choreography and never losing his breath. And from the very first minutes, no, even seconds doubts in Mika's credibility as a very significant artist of popular music disappear. His commitment to work amazes that’s what is called ‘straining every nerve’. And the only question arise: How long will the guy hang on (survive? hold out?)? How long will he be able to sing like that, jump like that, dance? Will he make it to the end or go off halfway?

But that’s not what Mika is going to do, he only boosts it up. Taking his Prince Albert coat off he goes to the piano and shows excellent singing skills. Such a strong and fast right hand haven’t been seen in pop music since Elton John (don’t know what’s about his right hand… guess the guy wants to say that he was a strong pianist). Mika’s play is sharp and aggressive, like hammering nails, however it’s rhythmically precise and has some vocal improvisations. Inevitably another association comes to my mind – such a furious pace and brutal choreography were one Freddie Mercury’s shows in ‘70th. A good successor is growing up… Still, lets don't forget that the lad doesn't hide his admiration for Freddie, and even used in his studio work a piano once owned by a singer and keyboardist of Queen.

And the show keeps getting bigger – with is shirt off Mika obviously starts flirting with his backing vocal girl paying attention to the audience as well: "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" was sang along by thousand of people in the audience. Meanwhile, the artist keeps his voice leading main voice part with confidence periodically switching to bright and sharp falsetto. Moreover, vocal arrangements also deserve a special praise – apart from backing vocal girl, all other band members sing along with Mika - his guitarist and keyboardist, his bass player and even his brilliant drummer Cherisse Osei who former worked with The Faders.

Mika’s set list is made up very thoughtfully, interchanging old hits like "Happy Ending" and "Love Today" with new songs like "Rain". Moreover, special video images are displayed on a giant backdrop and Mika is trying o communicate with it either repeating movements of some cartoon character or stands up in the epicenter of cartoonified explosion. And all the show goes almost without any pauses, in one breath. Back in the mid ‘80th Michael Jackson – another deceased to mention when it’s getting dark! (not sure if it’s correct … word by word he writes 'when it's nearly night!') – worked like this: in one breath, precise, accurate, sharp and in team. By the way Mika drops a curtsey for him as well doing his famous 'moonwalk' several times during the show.

I must confess that my skepticism was shamefully disgraced. No doubt he’s a real pop star with an excellent knowledge of pop culture history who treats his great predecessors with respect and inherits the helm with dignity. And even if you think Mika is not ‘your’ music trust me, seeing his show at least once is definitely worth it. This is very praiseworthy.

Bravo, Your Highness! Pop throne has finally found its Infant.

Mika

Arena Moscow

July 28

Great :clap:thanks for translation:fangurl:

thanks for posting!!

Nevermind the translation...

Tnx for posting, Lena!:thumb_yello:

I'm sure Miki, Meekin and and Mick would love to read it...:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

'Mickey' was my fave... couldn't get the image of mickey mouse out of my head :roftl:

Nevermind the translation...

Tnx for posting, Lena!:thumb_yello:

I'm sure Miki, Meekin and and Mick would love to read it...:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I wanted that Mika has read through this review, but I waited translation). I shall make the link in twitter for this page.

Yes)). all words are declined on cases in our language:naughty: Mika, Mike, Miki, Miku, Mikoj, Mikin (Meekin):teehee: Who? Whom? Whose? And so on)

Thanks to mikatuned! I'm sure she managed to convey to you the mood of this article:wub2:

Thanks for the post Lena and Mikatuned for the translation. :flowers2:

it is ))

here Infant is commonly used in this sense

Just for your information on this point...you would not translate to "Infant" because in English this only means a young child (a baby). Infante/Infanta is a royal title in some European countries so we only use these words to refer to these specific people as they are referred to in their own countries. We would never refer to Prince Andrew of England for instance as Infante, because Infante/Infanta are not English titles/words.

Edit: moreover I believe that Infante would be used for a prince who is not the next in line for the throne but they seem to be saying here that Mika is the heir apparent to the Pop crown.

Yes)). all words are declined on cases in our language:naughty: Mika, Mike, Miki, Miku, Mikoj, Mikin (Meekin):teehee: Who? Whom? Whose? And so on)

Thanks for the information! I laughed a lot, though. :teehee:

Thanks for the post Lena and Mikatuned for the translation. :flowers2:

Just for your information on this point...you would not translate to "Infant" because in English this only means a young child (a baby). Infante/Infanta is a royal title in some European countries so we only use these words to refer to these specific people as they are referred to in their own countries. We would never refer to Prince Andrew of England for instance as Infante, because Infante/Infanta are not English titles/words.

Edit: moreover I believe that Infante would be used for a prince who is not the next in line for the throne but they seem to be saying here that Mika is the heir apparent to the Pop crown.

I didn't even think about it, being interested in history I kind of took if for granted people would know.

But Christine, I am disappointed and hurt that you didn't thank me, for the kind and fine translation. :crybaby:

But Christine, I am disappointed and hurt that you didn't thank me, for the kind and fine translation. :crybaby:

:lmfao: Au contraire, I think you should be thanking ME. You got your kind and fine translation via the Google Chrome I hooked you up with, non?

I wanted that Mika has read through this review, but I waited translation). I shall make the link in twitter for this page.

Thanks to mikatuned! I'm sure she managed to convey to you the mood of this article:wub2:

Thank you for the explanation, Lena!

I was finding it so funny he was calling Mika a different name in each sentence!:naughty:

I didn't even think about it, being interested in history I kind of took if for granted people would know.

Thank you for your kind and fine translation Babs, i cracked up reading it..:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

In Portugal we have 3 Infantes, who are the 2 sons and daughter of the "supposed" King if we had a monarchy, and we refer to them as Infantes ever since they were born...

Right now the oldest one is going to study in the U.K. and on the news they still refer to him as the "Infante", even though he is 15...:thumb_yello:

Archived