REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ Musilac - Aix-Les Bains, France - July 17, 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.musilac.com/

just scroll down the news and you'll find and interview and a pic (that i cannot see:sneaky2:) of the gig.

Thanks a lot Robertina :thumb_yello:

What memory do you keep from your last show on the stage of Musilac?

Last time i was here, we almost cancelled the show because of a thunderstorm. It became very dangerous. I remember really well going on stage to discover an audience completely wet, frozen and full of mud. We decided to change the set-list at the last moment to be able to dance during an hour and a half and heat the audience. Then, under the rain, people reacted even more. It was the best festival we've done that summer.

What do you think about french festivals and their evolution?

What i like with french festivals is that their scheduling is very eclectik and contrasted. Its not the same audience that we see everytime. So we need to convice people that arent necessarily fans. Curious people are very important for an artist. French festivals dont have this commercial side, of big machines, that have the english festivals, where the artists do their shows and then disapear. The french ones achived to keep that. Personnaly, i prefer seeing ZZ Top to Jay Z. But it would be interesting to see other art forms in festivals in France, like cabaret or circus.

On the opposite of your first album, that talks about childhood, your second album talks about teenage years. Can we feel this evolution in your shows?

Yes, it certainly has an effect on my shows. But its not something thats really planned. The show i will do tonight always has this colorful side, but will be also alot more contrasted than my usual shows. I wanted to associate some darker things to the euphoric moments. Personnaly, i think that my new show has alot more aspects than the last one. I needed, for the audience that discovered me and that has been following me, to create a new world, with more theatrical parts. I love creating my own world.

Does your multicultural heritage influence you in your music?

In a way, yes. I don't come from one place in particular, i'm not part of any group with a specific attitude. I'm a mix, and in this blurred mix, i'm free to choose anything i want to create a world where i can identify myself.

Do you have projects for the next months?

Yes, a third album is in the making. An album only in french is possible. It would be the opportunity to do something very interesting. Alot of my childhood musical heroes are French artists. It would be fun to combine my music to those songwriters talent.

The caption under the pic:

2 years ago, for his first show on the Musilac stage, the singer gave an intense show under torrential rain. This time, Mika didnt have to face the dark side of the weather to immerse the entire Esplanade du Lac in this huge multicoloured cartoon.

Thanks Roxane :wink2:

Aaaaw, un album en français! Ça sérait formidable!!! Je l'achete :fangurl:

Wow, he says his 3rd album might be completely in French (though I don't think it will...at least, not this early on in his career). :naughty:

Who knows. He did PDP havin only released one album. I could do with 3 or 4 songs in French. J'adore quand Mika chante en français :wub2:

Nah!! Would prefer giving you the idea we can't live on MFC without you! :biggrin2:

Besides, i'm very lazy! (oh well...no kidding: I'm happy you're here, Roxane, makes it more fun hanging around! :wink2:)

:naughty:

I was there on the first row !

I'll post my report and my pictures later...

The virgin radio photographer wass a mess. i like the clothes He had, I was waiting for his pics, and I'm dissapoointed. Well, mine are not geniusly made btw.

I'm sure your pics are ok :thumb_yello:

I've been doing research and found these vids (Thanks to BigtuxXblue and gagoo76):

Relax:

Love Today:

KA:

WAG:

Rain:

GK French:

:wink2:

Edited by pufpuf

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiii

Here are my pics of this show.

I'm not used to have a ****ty camera, like I had this time.

(I didn't want to bring along my reflex camera, for 3 days It would have been to dangerous (they are forbiden...)).

Hoope you enjoy it anyway.

http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy225/Black-Cinderella/Mika%20Musilac%20%20July%2017%202010/