Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my short report :mf_rosetinted:

- great, great show :wub2:

- MIKA started with GK in French

- an amazing "La solitude" :wub2: before Lollipop

- incredible voice

I'm tired, but happy! :wub2:

Awww Dani I'm so happy you had such a great time!!! And I'm so happy he plays La Solitude again:wub2:

Also thanks everyone for posting the lovely review the virgin radio vid:flowers2: What he said about France is so sweet:wub2:

http://www.musilac.com/

just scroll down the news and you'll find and interview and a pic (that i cannot see:sneaky2:) of the gig.

Thanks Robbie! :biggrin2:

154gbhu.jpg

Quel souvenir gardez-vous de votre précédent passage sur la scène de Musilac?

« La dernière fois que je suis venu ici, la production avait bien failli annuler le concert à cause de la foudre. C’était devenu très dangereux. Je me souviens très bien être monté sur la scène et avoir découvert un public complètement détrempé, gelé, et englué dans la boue. Nous avions décidé de changer la set-list au dernier moment pour danser pendant une heure et demi et réchauffer le public. Du coup, sous la pluie, les gens avaient réagi de manière encore plus forte. C’est le meilleur festival que nous ayons fait cet été là ».

Que pensez-vous des festivals français et de leur évolution?

« Ce que j’apprécie avec les festivals français, c’est que leur programmation est éclectique, contrastée. Ce n’est donc pas nécessairement le même public auquel nous sommes confrontés à chaque fois. Il nous faut donc convaincre des gens qui ne sont pas forcément des fans. Les gens curieux, c’est très important pour un artiste. Les festivals français n’ont pas ce côté commercial, de grosse machine, qu’ont les festivals anglo-saxons, où les artistes font leur show et s’éclipsent. Leurs homologues français ont réussi à se préserver de cela. Personnellement, je préfère voir ZZ Top que Jay-Z. En revanche, il serait intéressant d’avoir d’autres formes d’art dans les festivals en France, comme le cabaret ou le cirque ».

Contrairement à votre premier album, qui témoigne de l’enfance, votre second opus parle d’adolescence. Vos concerts s’imprègnent-ils de cette évolution?

« Oui, cela a certainement un effet sur mes shows. Mais ce n’est vraiment pas quelque chose de calculé. Le concert que je vais donner ce soir a toujours ce côté très coloré mais il sera également beaucoup plus contrasté que mes concerts habituels. J’ai souhaité associer des touches plus sombres aux moments d’euphorie musicale. Personnellement, je trouve que ce nouveau spectacle a plus de dimension que le dernier. Il me fallait, pour le public qui m’a découvert et qui me suit, recréer un nouveau monde, avec plus de parties théâtrales. J’aime créer mon propre monde ».

Votre héritage multiculturel vous influence-t-il dans votre composition?

« D’une certaine manière, oui. Je ne viens pas d’un endroit particulier, je ne fais partie d’aucun groupe, d’aucun collectif avec une attitude spécifique. Je suis un mélange, et dans ce mélange confus, je suis libre de choisir absolument n’importe quoi pour créer un monde auquel je m’identifie ».

Avez-vous des projets pour les mois à venir?

« Oui, un troisième album est en gestation. Un album uniquement en français est envisageable. Ce serait l’opportunité de faire quelque chose de vraiment très intéressant. Beaucoup de héros musicaux de mon enfance sont des artistes français. Il serait amusant d’allier ma musique au talent de paroliers hexagonaux ».

714cxi.jpg

Il y a deux ans, pour son premier passage sur la scène de Musilac, le chanteur avait donné un spectacle intense sous des trombes d’eau. Cette fois, Mika n’a pas eu à faire face au côté sombre de la météo pour plonger toute l’Esplanade du Lac dans un immense cartoon multicolore.

http://www.musilac.com/

just scroll down the news and you'll find and interview and a pic (that i cannot see:sneaky2:) of the gig.

We could use some help on the French over here, Roxane! Do you feel like translating and...can you find the time for it? Many thanks! :biggrin2:

What memory do you keep from your last show on the stage of Musilac?

Last time i was here, we almost cancelled the show because of a thunderstorm. It became very dangerous. I remember really well going on stage to discover an audience completely wet, frozen and full of mud. We decided to change the set-list at the last moment to be able to dance during an hour and a half and heat the audience. Then, under the rain, people reacted even more. It was the best festival we've done that summer.

What do you think about french festivals and their evolution?

What i like with french festivals is that their scheduling is very eclectik and contrasted. Its not the same audience that we see everytime. So we need to convice people that arent necessarily fans. Curious people are very important for an artist. French festivals dont have this commercial side, of big machines, that have the english festivals, where the artists do their shows and then disapear. The french ones achived to keep that. Personnaly, i prefer seeing ZZ Top to Jay Z. But it would be interesting to see other art forms in festivals in France, like cabaret or circus.

On the opposite of your first album, that talks about childhood, your second album talks about teenage years. Can we feel this evolution in your shows?

Yes, it certainly has an effect on my shows. But its not something thats really planned. The show i will do tonight always has this colorful side, but will be also alot more contrasted than my usual shows. I wanted to associate some darker things to the euphoric moments. Personnaly, i think that my new show has alot more aspects than the last one. I needed, for the audience that discovered me and that has been following me, to create a new world, with more theatrical parts. I love creating my own world.

Does your multicultural heritage influence you in your music?

In a way, yes. I don't come from one place in particular, i'm not part of any group with a specific attitude. I'm a mix, and in this blurred mix, i'm free to choose anything i want to create a world where i can identify myself.

Do you have projects for the next months?

Yes, a third album is in the making. An album only in french is possible. It would be the opportunity to do something very interesting. Alot of my childhood musical heroes are French artists. It would be fun to combine my music to those songwriters talent.

The caption under the pic:

2 years ago, for his first show on the Musilac stage, the singer gave an intense show under torrential rain. This time, Mika didnt have to face the dark side of the weather to immerse the entire Esplanade du Lac in this huge multicoloured cartoon.

What memory do you keep from your last show on the stage of Musilac?

Last time i was here, we almost cancelled the show because of a thunderstorm. It became very dangerous. I remember really well going on stage to discover an audience completely wet, frozen and full of mud. We decided to change the set-list at the last moment to be able to dance during an hour and a half and heat the audience. Then, under the rain, people reacted even more. It was the best festival we've done that summer.

What do you think about french festivals and their evolution?

What i like with french festivals is that their scheduling is very eclectik and contrasted. Its not the same audience that we see everytime. So we need to convice people that arent necessarily fans. Curious people are very important for an artist. French festivals dont have this commercial side, of big machines, that have the english festivals, where the artists do their shows and then disapear. The french ones achived to keep that. Personnaly, i prefer seeing ZZ Top to Jay Z. But it would be interesting to see other art forms in festivals in France, like cabaret or circus.

On the opposite of your first album, that talks about childhood, your second album talks about teenage years. Can we feel this evolution in your shows?

Yes, it certainly has an effect on my shows. But its not something thats really planned. The show i will do tonight always has this colorful side, but will be also alot more contrasted than my usual shows. I wanted to associate some darker things to the euphoric moments. Personnaly, i think that my new show has alot more aspects than the last one. I needed, for the audience that discovered me and that has been following me, to create a new world, with more theatrical parts. I love creating my own world.

Does your multicultural heritage influence you in your music?

In a way, yes. I don't come from one place in particular, i'm not part of any group with a specific attitude. I'm a mix, and in this blurred mix, i'm free to choose anything i want to create a world where i can identify myself.

Do you have projects for the next months?

Yes, a third album is in the making. An album only in french is possible. It would be the opportunity to do something very interesting. Alot of my childhood musical heroes are French artists. It would be fun to combine my music to those songwriters talent.

The caption under the pic:

2 years ago, for his first show on the Musilac stage, the singer gave an intense show under torrential rain. This time, Mika didnt have to face the dark side of the weather to immerse the entire Esplanade du Lac in this huge multicoloured cartoon.

Thanks Roxy! :huglove:

You'll be very busy girl :mf_rosetinted:

is that your secret?? :biggrin2:

google translate is your friend:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:!

no, i do it all myself.. which is why it takes so long:aah::aah:

i dont trust google translator:mf_rosetinted::roftl: (would be easier tho LOL)

use google translator:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Nah!! Would prefer giving you the idea we can't live on MFC without you! :biggrin2:

Besides, i'm very lazy! (oh well...no kidding: I'm happy you're here, Roxane, makes it more fun hanging around! :wink2:)

Nah!! Would prefer giving you the idea we can't live on MFC without you! :biggrin2:

Besides, i'm very lazy! (oh well...no kidding: I'm happy you're here, Roxane, makes it more fun hanging around! :wink2:)

youre sweet, thank you:blush-anim-cl::huglove:

its always fun to translate!! i love it:wub2:

Merci beaucoup, chérie!!!! :thumb_yello:

use google translator:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Pffff....google translator sucks compared to your translations!!! :mf_rosetinted: We would just get meaningless sentences and start to spread rumours because we wouldn't get his jokes at all :lmfao:

You're indispensable, dear :huglove:

Edited by Nightbird

Merci beaucou, chérie!!!! :thumb_yello:

Pffff....google translator sucks compared to your translations!!! :mf_rosetinted:We would just get meaningless sentences and start to spread rumours because we wouldn't get his jokes at all :lmfao:

:lmao: That's so true :naughty:

Merci beaucou, chérie!!!! :thumb_yello:

Pffff....google translator sucks compared to your translations!!! :mf_rosetinted: We would just get meaningless sentences and start to spread rumours because we wouldn't get his jokes at all :lmfao:

:lmfao:!!!!!!!!!!

Mika: i once entertained a lady in Paris...

All MFC: WHAT????????? :shocked::shocked::shocked::roftl::roftl:

and thank you :huglove:

I found a VIDEO / official.

Les meilleurs moments de Musilac dans notre... .

:wub2:thank you!

edit:

it was posted this one too?!

16766222:avatar_large.jpg

Musilac - Samedi 17 juillet

Mika at 5:50

Site web: http://www.savoieactu.com

Le blog du Conseil général de la Savoie.

L'actualité de la Savoie vue par le Conseil général. Savoie actu. CG73.fr

Edited by nicoleta

I found a VIDEO / official.

Les meilleurs moments de Musilac dans notre... .

:wub2:thank you!

edit:

it was posted this one too?!

16766222:avatar_large.jpg

Musilac - Samedi 17 juillet

Mika at 5:50

Site web: http://www.savoieactu.com

Le blog du Conseil général de la Savoie.

L'actualité de la Savoie vue par le Conseil général. Savoie actu. CG73.fr

thank you both!! :wub2: