Which MIKA song gives you a good memory?

Definitely Any Other World and Happy Ending...Relax acoustic, then some demos which sound very depressed :sad:...but I had some amazing time inspired with this songs while writitten my last poetry volume.:wub2:

And I'll be always grateful to him for that exceptional spiritual experience.:swoon:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first song I heard was "Relax (Take it easy)!! I was at some reggae festival....

And DJ was playing Mika for 4 days!!! That was a great time...and every time I hear "Relax" I have that filling....like I am there with my friends and having best time!!!

End..that is just for 'Relax"...

Love today is one of my favorite songs...ever!!!

When it play "We are golden" remind me of my high school days when I was crazy like Mika is on that video!!! :D :D :D

The first song I heard was 'Love Today', as it was at an early gig .. and it's just such a vibrant song .. and it gives me a really warm squidgy feeling when I hear it. I suppose it does remind me of that first gig, when I'd been given tix, and wasn't really too fussed about going, cos I'd never heard of this mIka (LOL) .. didn't know if it was a band or a singer, or what. I was blown away VERY quickly!!

But I also so love to listen to ToyBoy (live at The Roxy) and Good gone girl on these cold frosty mornings, cos they make me laugh out loud .. and I get sooo many smiles back (The folks round here must think I'm mad as a hatter!)!!!!

Other memories .. I love the 'just can't get enough and sweet dreams' covers too .. just cos they're so highbeat and remind me of my 'yoofie' discos.

xnimmiex

• 2 weeks later...

Relax.

After I saw GK vid in january or feb (don't remember) 2007, I looked in internet who is Mika, and found the song Relax.

After the first time of listening I was stunned.

I was listening again and again, and wasn't able to stop.

It seemed to me, that I know this song for the whole life of mine. It seemed so incredible, like something strange that was in my soul was taken inside of me and put into a song.

Now I have a lot of favourite songs. But every time i hear Relax I want to laugh and cry at the same time. After my 2 gigs, when Relax was the first song, it became even more important to me.

This song is epic.

Relax.

After I saw GK vid in january or feb (don't remember) 2007, I looked in internet who is Mika, and found the song Relax.

After the first time of listening I was stunned.

I was listening again and again, and wasn't able to stop.

It seemed to me, that I know this song for the whole life of mine. It seemed so incredible, like something strange that was in my soul was taken inside of me and put into a song.

Now I have a lot of favourite songs. But every time i hear Relax I want to laugh and cry at the same time. After my 2 gigs, when Relax was the first song, it became even more important to me.

This song is epic.

Now you see how we agree. I feel the same about Relax. :swoon:

Now you see how we agree. I feel the same about Relax. :swoon:

I've heard Relax acoustic only a year ago, but it impressed me so much. :swoon: Actually, I saw a vid in YT, and it looked like a Tribute (like In my Defence of Freddie Mercury) and I wanted to sit and cry.

And live@Home Relax - it is more than genial. I have no words to descrube my feelings about it. It makes me feel the happiest person and at the same time to cry my hurt and anguish away loudly :blink:

When I was searching for a copy of Grace Kelly on the net I came across Relax too so I downloaded it to check it out. I was not impressed and thought, this is not Grace Kelly. :shun:

But for many, many reasons, starting with the fact that it was the opening number of the early gigs, I have come to love Relax a lot. It is so versatile and holds up much better live than GK. All the different versions are wonderful - it just never gets old and it holds a lot of special memories.

OMG :aah::hair: Every time I read the title of this thread I think "none, my memory is always lousy :sneaky2:". :lmao:

I promise I will tell you if my neuron stops playing such tricks on me. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl:

unlike you I can remember a good memory from grace Kelly :aah:

It's ...ughh...well...I forgot :teehee:

Sorry Laura :blush-anim-cl:

When I was searching for a copy of Grace Kelly on the net I came across Relax too so I downloaded it to check it out. I was not impressed and thought, this is not Grace Kelly. :shun:

But for many, many reasons, starting with the fact that it was the opening number of the early gigs, I have come to love Relax a lot. It is so versatile and holds up much better live than GK. All the different versions are wonderful - it just never gets old and it holds a lot of special memories.

Yes, never gets old!

The only thing that daunts me... I'm afraid he still has no song to beat Relax, especially in minds of non-fans (or as well). I'm totally in love with OFB, Lady Jane and some other non-hits - but it's only me, and people around don't understand me at all.

The hits Like WAG, BIOTG or Rain still have no such a special magic power as Relax. I sincerely hope Mika will write a song to beat Relax in his next album.

I've heard Relax acoustic only a year ago, but it impressed me so much. :swoon: Actually, I saw a vid in YT, and it looked like a Tribute (like In my Defence of Freddie Mercury) and I wanted to sit and cry.

And live@Home Relax - it is more than genial. I have no words to descrube my feelings about it. It makes me feel the happiest person and at the same time to cry my hurt and anguish away loudly :blink:

It's interesting but GK was not so fascinating to me at first, but lately it has reminded me of Queen vibe and Freddie. But I fell in love with Relax immediately due to its resemblance with the Bronski Beat sound.:teehee:

Well it's true even for me who was only at three Mika gigs.

Never can't get it enough.:aah:

Yes, never gets old!

The only thing that daunts me... I'm afraid he still has no song to beat Relax, especially in minds of non-fans (or as well). I'm totally in love with OFB, Lady Jane and some other non-hits - but it's only me, and people around don't understand me at all.

The hits Like WAG, BIOTG or Rain still have no such a special magic power as Relax. I sincerely hope Mika will write a song to beat Relax in his next album.

I think that Mika is capable of writting quite different types of songs and you can all love them very much in their own way. But did MJ write another Thriller or Bad, or Billy Jean? I doubt it. The most songs from LICM are miracle and he can hardly hit that level. But I'm sure he can move to another level (dunno when exactly though) to gain that magic you're talking about.:thumb_yello:

It's interesting but GK was not so fascinating to me at first, but lately it has reminded me of Queen vibe and Freddie. But I fell in love with Relax immediately due to its resemblance with the Bronski Beat sound.:teehee:

Concerning Relax - I had no associations with other songs at all. It s unique for me.

And I paid attention to GK exactly because of Freddie. I switched channels and suddenly something stroked me like a flash! It was a middle of GK, and I was like OMG OMG OMG OMG

At that time I was listening to r'n'b and Linkin'Park usually, so Mika wasn't my cup of tea, but I stopped anyway. Because of his aura. But now GK is not so special for me as some other songs.

relax acoustic. it has a memory in ma mind.its the song that my ex gf told me that i should to listen.it happened months ago but i think that song is the only song from mika that does not makes me happy. really. i feel sad.

Archived