Which MIKA song gives you a good memory?

I was justing thinking about this thing that happened summer. I was in this tourist town outside of San Francisco and I was sitting outside. Then this wicked pink van, decked out with streamers and random pictures of sorts, drove by blasting Grace Kelly. Being me, I got up and danced and started singing as loud as I could! Yes, I got weird looks but the van drove by again and honked at me and told me I had good dance moves (never got that before... :/). That was such a good memory for me, so I was wondering... What Mika songs make you guys think of good times? :biggrin2:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh, good thread idea!

I bought LICM a week before I went on holiday to San Diego. We were driving around the community of La Jolla in a top-down convertible when Happy Ending came on. And to this day, the CD version of Happy Ending makes me think of this part of La Jolla. :wub2:

IMG_0198.jpg

Ooh, good thread idea!

I bought LICM a week before I went on holiday to San Diego. We were driving around the community of La Jolla in a top-down convertible when Happy Ending came on. And to this day, the CD version of Happy Ending makes me think of this part of La Jolla. :wub2:

IMG_0198.jpg

Thanks(: I've been to La Jolla, it's so pretty there! I stayed right by the ocean there, the best :biggrin2:

Aww I love this thread!!

I have two pretty distinct memories:

The first was earlier this year we had a 'music' themed assembly and a couple of students-myself included- talked about their favorite musician in front of the whole school (about 800 people) and then a brief portion of one of their songs was played. I of course spoke about Mika and I was already mentally preparing for the moans and groans of my classmates who get SO annoyed when I talk about Mika, but when We Are Golden came on they totally surprised me by starting to sing along really loudly and dance in their seats! It was really cute :original: and for the rest of the day people kept asking me "What was the name of that song? I really liked it!" and stuff which was awesome!

And the second is smaller, but I was listening to Grace Kelly when I found out I got into Harvard :original: What's even weirder is that I was playing Grace Kelly when I submitted my application as well!

Hmmmmm.... good question...

I have to be honest, for a long time no album version really makes me smile or reminds me of good times...

# Big Girl makes me smile. It makes me smile cause I got to be a big girl last year at Mika's concert in Sydney, and it generally makes me smile because I got to see my friends at the concert, and I got to meet the whole band... and hug Mika :wub2: It also reminds me of how long it took me to recover after being sick, and that if I put my mind to something, I can do it (no matter how tired you are afterwards and how sore you feel)! :biggrin2:

# Also, one of the Aussies recorded all of Mika's first ever concert in Sydney at the Forum, and any time I listen to that I smile cause that's when I first met Mika and when I first met some of my friends.

Grace Kelly obviously, because that's what started this whole thing.

Love Today because it was my first fan video with my best friend :wub2:

Blame It On The Girls and Rain remind me of the time when I was watching Mika on Jools Holland in the studio :wub2:

Nice thread :thumb_yello: Thank u all for sharing memories :wink2:

Over My Shoulder: reminds me of Hammersmith Apollo. First time I've weeped at a song. It was a magic moment, a mixture of happiness and sadness.

Blue Eyes: First time I heard that song in a shop, I got so excited that I couln't avoid singing it aloud. Didn't shop anything...till the song ended :teehee:

We are golden makes me think of crazy math class last school year. Me and my friend would sing it in the middle of a lesson and our teacher wouldn't care. Some of our classmates eventually learned the words and they would join in when we sang. Lol we sang it like once a week! Math class was some crazy times

Excelent thread!

Jeez so many memories:

The best one I think is love today because you see, I was at the beach and I had a HUGE headache kind of migrain and I took 2 red jumbo advils at the time. I don't know if it was kind of an overdosis but I remember being @ downtown and dancing in the street like a total wakoo like "DOOM!! DARA RI RA RI DOOM!" and I would even shout "SING ALONG!!! BEEN CRYIING!! FOR SO LOOOOOOOONG!!" and guys passing by thought I was really drunk:aah: But I danced like never before I remember haahhaha I was extremedly happy:mf_lustslow: I think I was stoned or something but when I ate a muffin I just returned to boring normality hahaha. But I thkn I also danced Big Girl hahaha but Love Today is the winner of the memorie.

Other memories:

1.We Are Golden: We changed it for a cheer at summer camp because our team was yellow and we sang: WE ARE NOT WHAT U THINK WE ARE WE ARE YELLOOOW!!

2. Big Girl: I danced it with a friend at work and everybody laughed. Good Times ahaha

3. Blue Eyes: Kind of sore memory. I fell for a blue eyes guy hahaha. Reminds me of him.

hahahaha

Excelent thread!

Jeez so many memories:

The best one I think is love today because you see, I was at the beach and I had a HUGE headache kind of migrain and I took 2 red jumbo advils at the time. I don't know if it was kind of an overdosis but I remember being @ downtown and dancing in the street like a total wakoo like "DOOM!! DARA RI RA RI DOOM!" and I would even shout "SING ALONG!!! BEEN CRYIING!! FOR SO LOOOOOOOONG!!" and guys passing by thought I was really drunk:aah: But I danced like never before I remember haahhaha I was extremedly happy:mf_lustslow: I think I was stoned or something but when I ate a muffin I just returned to boring normality hahaha. But I thkn I also danced Big Girl hahaha but Love Today is the winner of the memorie.

Other memories:

1.We Are Golden: We changed it for a cheer at summer camp because our team was yellow and we sang: WE ARE NOT WHAT U THINK WE ARE WE ARE YELLOOOW!!

2. Big Girl: I danced it with a friend at work and everybody laughed. Good Times ahaha

3. Blue Eyes: Kind of sore memory. I fell for a blue eyes guy hahaha. Reminds me of him.

hahahaha

That cheer thing gives me a good idea for a cheer for my dance squad for school. Our school colors are green and gold lol :biggrin2: "we are green and golden" ha let's see how that goes down :aah:

Hands down, it has to be Love Today.

Love Today was the first ever song we heard of Mika, here in the states. It was on a cell phone commercial, and at the bottom on the tv screen read "Love Today" MIKA. So we went to iTunes and the rest is history.

Every time we hear Love Today it makes me laugh and it really makes me love that day.

Meyer Twins

It's gotta be We Are Golden.

First off, when I first heard it. My sister and I were in California, and we set our alarm for 2 am to get up and get on the laptop for the world premier. I remember chatting on MFC, all the anticipation .... and being utterly blown away.

And then, of course, last August, my two best friends and I set out and, over the span of about 3 weekends, terrorized my city with the filming of our We Are Golden video.

We convinced tons of random strangers to dance with us, played in fountains, spraypainted balloons silver, and SO MUCH MORE. That song just represents teenage angst, and everything that comes with it. Friends, fun, and making trouble.

Every time I hear it I think of fun times from that last summer. :wub2:

Two songs really. Love today because that was the first time I knew Mika existed, when I heard it on the radio in a shop where I was doing some volunteer work.

We Are Golden, because I will never forget Golden Day on Radio One, when the whole world of Mika fans tuned in to hear the song for the first time.

Love today - Because when I heard it at the concert I was so touched when he said "I'm gonna count to three, then everyone who can, we're gonna jump." And someone said after the show that they thought it was really cool he said that and I sat in my wheelchair nodding my head like mad :aah:

well For me is Happy Ending

Because My girlfriend and I were fighting in my house

and then my little sister in her room turn on the radio and put ''Happy Ending''

so I said to my girl: This is the way you wanna left me?

She said No and for that song we still togheter and it became our song :)

Almost it's my fav song from Mika :biggrin2:

It's gotta be We Are Golden.

First off, when I first heard it. My sister and I were in California, and we set our alarm for 2 am to get up and get on the laptop for the world premier. I remember chatting on MFC, all the anticipation .... and being utterly blown away.

We Are Golden, because I will never forget Golden Day on Radio One, when the whole world of Mika fans tuned in to hear the song for the first time.

Ohhh, that was amazing wasn't it? :wub2:

I was also in California at the time (Los Angeles) and also stayed up 'till stupid o'clock to hear it, and now the CD version of that song makes me think of summer in LA. Gawd, that was so exciting with so many people all over the world listening together online. I still get that tingly feeling back when I listen to the way he sings "like a magpie" on the CD version. :tears::wub2:

I hope we get to do the same thing next time around, for the first single off Album #3. :blush-anim-cl:

I have a lot of happy memories associated with several Mika songs, but the

best one has to be the first one... Grace Kelly. It changed my life, really.

I was driving home and this song came on the radio -- I could be hurtful,

I could be purple...? And that voice?! And I thought, "Who IS

this?"

As soon as I got home I ran straight to the computer to Google

MIKA and that's how I found MFC. :wub2: But it's also how I entered

the magical musical world of Mika, and seriously, it sounds sappy, but

my life hasn't been the same since. I was a sad middle-aged mom,

feeling like I needed to behave and act my age (47 at the time),

and suddenly here was

this young guy singing about how I could be anything I like! And then I

saw the interview in which he said something like, "Why not?" and that

was it for me. Why not? Yeah, why not? It felt like he was talking to ME. :wub2:

Every time, EVERY time I hear Grace Kelly now I think of that day, when

I realized that I really *could* be anything I liked, that I didn't have to

be a frumpy old middle-aged housewife if I didn't want to be, and that

pop music was not just for kids, it was for ME. Why not, indeed? :wink2:

I have a lot of happy memories associated with several Mika songs, but the

best one has to be the first one... Grace Kelly. It changed my life, really.

I was driving home and this song came on the radio -- I could be hurtful,

I could be purple...? And that voice?! And I thought, "Who IS

this?"

As soon as I got home I ran straight to the computer to Google

MIKA and that's how I found MFC. :wub2: But it's also how I entered

the magical musical world of Mika, and seriously, it sounds sappy, but

my life hasn't been the same since. I was a sad middle-aged mom,

feeling like I needed to behave and act my age (47 at the time),

and suddenly here was

this young guy singing about how I could be anything I like! And then I

saw the interview in which he said something like, "Why not?" and that

was it for me. Why not? Yeah, why not? It felt like he was talking to ME. :wub2:

Every time, EVERY time I hear Grace Kelly now I think of that day, when

I realized that I really *could* be anything I liked, that I didn't have to

be a frumpy old middle-aged housewife if I didn't want to be, and that

pop music was not just for kids, it was for ME. Why not, indeed? :wink2:

That's very beautiffuly said and so true:biggrin2:

Grace Kelly really just takes me back to my first introduction to Mika. At the time I kept hearing random people comparing him to Freddie Mercury and I shrugged it off until my curiousity got the best of me. I can remember the first time I youtubed him -- I was at my parent's house where youtube took forever to load and I was literally on the edge of my seat once I heard the chorus, just waiting for the youtube to keep moving along so I cuold hear the whole song.

That was really it for me...and every time I hear it now it takes me back to that frantic moment of being so excited to hear more and wanting to know more about him. It really is something special to see someone famous from the beginning and being able to watch them progress as time goes on.

Grace Kelly really just takes me back to my first introduction to Mika. At the time I kept hearing random people comparing him to Freddie Mercury and I shrugged it off until my curiousity got the best of me. I can remember the first time I youtubed him -- I was at my parent's house where youtube took forever to load and I was literally on the edge of my seat once I heard the chorus, just waiting for the youtube to keep moving along so I cuold hear the whole song.

That was really it for me...and every time I hear it now it takes me back to that frantic moment of being so excited to hear more and wanting to know more about him. It really is something special to see someone famous from the beginning and being able to watch them progress as time goes on.

It really is.

Archived