Some Like It Hot; "MIKA stole our sound"-Scissor Sisters

Jaya

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least, Mika never criticizes other artists or accuses them of stupid things :sneaky2:

Actually, he has done so :naughty:.

I still recall his little catty comments on people like Lily Allen and a couple others. I admit that he doesn't do it often, and to be honest I don't care if he does say things, because everyone has the right to like whoever they want, but it's probably not the smartest move to go around criticising your "colleagues" because it will always come back to bit you in the ass :aah:. In any case I don't think that he's ever said anything major or nasty about anyone.

Yeah, but it wasn't as big as the journalists made it seem. After all Jake even danced on stage with Mika back in 2007 and Mika has said many times that he loves the Sisters, so yeah.

Yes, exactly. It was just a small thing which we don't know how much truth it had in it to start with, but in any case it was old and now they all seem ok with eachother, so water under the bridge and all that. I'm sure that even if there was some grain of truth there, it was super magnified by the press to make it "news", so I wouldn't pay attention in any case.

And, at the end of the day, I don't care what anyone says. If they can't see reality and appreciate talent, more fools they are :dunno:

The truth is, at least in Buenos Aires (Hot Festival), 90% of the audience was there to see Mika. And a lot of us just left after his show. :teehee: If someone from Scissor Sisters actually said something, it's because they must have been jealous. :naughty:

The truth is, at least in Buenos Aires (Hot Festival), 90% of the audience was there to see Mika. And a lot of us just left after his show. :teehee: If someone from Scissor Sisters actually said something, it's because they must have been jealous. :naughty:

It's cool that most people were there for him! :groovy:

Actually, he has done so :naughty:.

I still recall his little catty comments on people like Lily Allen and a couple others. I admit that he doesn't do it often, and to be honest I don't care if he does say things, because everyone has the right to like whoever they want, but it's probably not the smartest move to go around criticising your "colleagues" because it will always come back to bit you in the ass :aah:. In any case I don't think that he's ever said anything major or nasty about anyone.

Haha, yeah after the Amsterdam gig he was a little bitchy about Avril Lavigne when I asked why he didn't do the Alice in Wonderland soundtrack:roftl: "Because I didn't like...what's her name...Avril Lavigne?":naughty:

Why would they be jealous? They both have different audiences even though they make similar pop music. Mika appeals to a broader audience because his music and lyrics appeal to most, the Scissor Sisters appeal to an older audience, mostly gay, because of their explicit lyrics. I've seen them both live so I can compare.

Archived