2010 - Mika Junior magazine interview, Brazil

AndyFerrari

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, I think when he says that the third album is very "Glee", it means he continues to talk about "life issues", but in a funny way - that's what I usually understand from Glee, people trying to deal with problems as best they can.

Am I making myself clear? :teehee:

Btw, I think when he says that the third album is very "Glee", it means he continues to talk about "life issues", but in a funny way - that's what I usually understand from Glee, people trying to deal with problems as best they can.

Oh I hope you are right. Because if it actually sounds like Glee...:aah:

Yeah he is just IT for me. I did like Bono a lot back in the day though too, but Bono was going through a Puritan phase when MH was ramping the sensuality up so Bono was quickly usurped in my books. :naughty:

I always love U2, when I was young I was not in INXS at all, I did not know a lot of their songs, I prefered U2 and I found the singer of INXS more inside sensuality and press scandale and it did not make me want to know more about them and their music... Now that I can understand lyrics (my english is a little bit better) and that I am older I don't even give attention of how he was sensual, I felt more sensitivity in the way he sung, and respect for their music...

Thanks for the explanation Marilyn :)

I still don't really get how an album can be 'glee' (the mysteries of Mika :aah:),but basically he's trying to say that his next album is going to be really pop? It's just the same answer as the previous question then I suppose.

That's what I took it to mean as well. There's no such thing as a "sound of Glee" since they feature different artist's work, but I think Mika means that the album will be melodic and poppy. But it will still be MIKA and his songs will (as usual) have more to them than first meets the ear. I think he more-or-less said that on this interview. New stories etc, so a don't think anyone should worry, just because he says the album is "very Glee."

He's Mika, not Britney!

The comparison with Glee doesn't make much sense to me!:boxed:

I'll try to think about it your way!

What do you think he means by ultra-pop?

Yes' date=' yes, yes! Totally cute couple :wub2: Nonetheless, I am severely jealous. But what's new :mf_rosetinted: I wonder if any hanging out went on afterwards :teehee:[/quote']

You never know!:das: Look at Mika's hand, he doesn't always holds his fingers that tight when he puts his arm around someone!:teehee:

That interviewer (minus the facial hair :teehee:) looks more like Mika than the real Mika :roftl:

Anyway, about MH, I totally agree.

I got obsessed with INXS in 1988 (I can exactly pinpoint the time because it was just after I had moved to Madrid) after a friend was constantly playing them on his walkman (those were the days :roftl:) and I've loved them since.

Only yesterday I was listening to this song in the car:

The thing about Michael H is that, in my opinion, he's the most intense, sexy and magnetic performer EVER. It's something about his voice, the way he moves, and how deeply he seems to get into the songs when he's performing...I don't think that anyone can ever top him in my books :dunno:

:huglove: Even my hubby has crush on him :roftl::naughty:

There are 4 more links of Inxs live gig at Wembley. And you can see how

he rules the crowd :mf_lustslow:

The comparison with Glee doesn't make much sense to me!:boxed:

I'll try to think about it your way!

What do you think he means by ultra-pop?

I actually don't know... Once, I heard/read him saying that the third album has something to do with The Carpenters or The Cranberries, but I don't think they are "ultra-pop", I see them as a "melodic-pop" - and, btw, I really appreciate it more. :naughty:

I think that he tells us different things about his new album because he wants to confuse us. :aah:

Yes, you're totally right. Mika, you shouldn't do that with your poor fans (you're making us crazier than we already are). :mf_rosetinted:

Haha maybe! And then when it comes out it'll actually be hard rock. :biggrin2:

It wouldn't be a bad idea. :aah:

hi! thanx for posting this great interview.

Actually I'm translating this interview into Korean, so that more mika fans in Korea could read the article! : )

But I'm having a difficulty understanding this line

<Owner of a voice capable of putting down the dance floor divas in tribal house remixes (everyone knows Peter Rauhofer right?)>

Could any of you help me with this? :shocked::aah: