• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

_

xxxxxx.jpg

Note:

Hutchence was found dead in his hotel room in Sydney on November 22, 1997.

He was found to have died from asphyxiation caused by hanging.

And this is too too much :naughty: What a waste :boxed:

Apart from that he was full of drugs like his friend Kurt Cobain :sad:

Interesting article.

I like Glee but please Mika don't do pop songs like theirs cause I found them a bit cheesy.:naughty:

For those who don't know what Glee is .It is a musical comedy-drama television series and the actors usually sing cover songs

For more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glee_%28TV_series%29

Oh God :shocked: Maybe he will put together some lovely covers of his as well then:aah:

Thanks for posting! :thumb_yello:

Maybe I'm completely behind the times, but I don't really know Glee, I have just vaguely heard about it being broadcast on a channel I don't get.

So when Mika says 'My next album is super Glee' that doesn't mean a lot to me :dunno:

Could anyone specify what he might mean?

Think of Fame, with a sprinkling of High School Musical, and that's Glee. The songs are very pop.

But the main difference is that the Glee cast perform songs that have been written/sung by establised bands and singers and because Glee is such a big show around parts of the world, the songs featured often have a new lease of life.

Don't Stop Believing (originally by Journey) is one such song that has done well again since having the glee treatment.

They sometimes feature episodes based on a songwriter (like Gaga and Madonna) sometimes the stars themselves appear in an episode.

Earlier in the year I initiated a Glee Needs Mika campaign, to try and persuade Fox to feature Mika's music. I have no idea if we did any good, but the fact that that interviewer is going to ask Fox about featuring Mika, would probably go a long way to getting his work onto the show and better known in the US.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

And this is too too much :naughty: What a waste :boxed:

Apart from that he was full of drugs like his friend Kurt Cobain :sad:

Just watched a gaggle of videos 'bout him

and disputes regarding the cause/intention of his demise:

What an education the ol' MFC prompts!

Edited by A. Clay

That interviewer (minus the facial hair :teehee:) looks more like Mika than the real Mika :roftl:

Anyway, about MH, I totally agree.

I got obsessed with INXS in 1988 (I can exactly pinpoint the time because it was just after I had moved to Madrid) after a friend was constantly playing them on his walkman (those were the days :roftl:) and I've loved them since.

Only yesterday I was listening to this song in the car:

The thing about Michael H is that, in my opinion, he's the most intense, sexy and magnetic performer EVER. It's something about his voice, the way he moves, and how deeply he seems to get into the songs when he's performing...I don't think that anyone can ever top him in my books :dunno:

That interviewer (minus the facial hair :teehee:) looks more like Mika than the real Mika :roftl:

Anyway, about MH, I totally agree.

I got obsessed with INXS in 1988 (I can exactly pinpoint the time because it was just after I had moved to Madrid) after a friend was constantly playing them on his walkman (those were the days :roftl:) and I've loved them since.

Only yesterday I was listening to this song in the car:

The thing about Michael H is that, in my opinion, he's the most intense, sexy and magnetic performer EVER. It's something about his voice, the way he moves, and how deeply he seems to get into the songs when he's performing...I don't think that anyone can ever top him in my books :dunno:

Thanks for the link, Sara! He is definitely a very sensual performer. Of course I know their hits, but I have never paid much attention to his style before this. I don't know why.

Think of Fame, with a sprinkling of High School Musical, and that's Glee. The songs are very pop.

But the main difference is that the Glee cast perform songs that have been written/sung by establised bands and singers and because Glee is such a big show around parts of the world, the songs featured often have a new lease of life.

Don't Stop Believing (originally by Journey) is one such song that has done well again since having the glee treatment.

They sometimes feature episodes based on a songwriter (like Gaga and Madonna) sometimes the stars themselves appear in an episode.

Earlier in the year I initiated a Glee Needs Mika campaign, to try and persuade Fox to feature Mika's music. I have no idea if we did any good, but the fact that that interviewer is going to ask Fox about featuring Mika, would probably go a long way to getting his work onto the show and better known in the US.

Thanks for the explanation Marilyn :)

I still don't really get how an album can be 'glee' (the mysteries of Mika :aah:),but basically he's trying to say that his next album is going to be really pop? It's just the same answer as the previous question then I suppose.

I was thinking the same. :lmfao:

Yeah he is just IT for me. I did like Bono a lot back in the day though too, but Bono was going through a Puritan phase when MH was ramping the sensuality up so Bono was quickly usurped in my books. :naughty:

There are a lot interesting Mika observations and I epecially like the part about "feminine" masculinity of the late INXS frontman MH :wub2:

yes, that one is really spot on.

I think MH is one of the few people performers I've found more/as charismatic as Mika. It's interesting that Mika's been referencing him for years when he's not of that generation.

:dunno: neither is Harry Nilsson or most artists he likes:teehee:

I don't think Mika has any real personal interest in Freddie Mercury though. I think people just project that onto him and he accepts it because it is complimentary.

Yes, I think he simply liked Queen's Greatest Hits when he was a teenager and some of the songs inspired him to write songs in similar style..etc. In terms of his image and stage persona, it is more the likes of Prince and Michael Hutchence he was inspired by.

It so would! Although when they sang poker face they got his cover version :biggrin2:

Mika's version is also from Lady Gaga:wink2:. She performed it like that first and it is a well-known version - I am sure more people have seen it than Mika's cover

PS: NO GLEE SOUND ON NEXT ALBUM PLEASE :aah:

Edited by suzie

Interesting interview. He seems to have been more relaxed, perhaps, end of the tour and all that?

Third album sounds like a treat...one that we will be waiting for till at least 2012 I imagine.

Is there a link to the actual article online, or a scan of the original article?