Bruno Mars Scores UK Album And Singles Chart Double (With a bit related to Mika)

Miro

The article is not really about Mika, but it surprised me that no male solo artist had topped the UK singles and album charts since Mika did in 2007! :shocked:

"Mars is the first solo male act to achieve the chart double since 2007, when Mika’s ‘Life in Cartoon Motion’ and single ‘Grace Kelly’ were simultaneous number ones."

http://www.gigwise.com/news/60829/Bruno-Mars-Scores-UK-Album-And-Singles-Chart-Double

Hopefully he'll do it all over again with the next album! :pinkbow:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article is not really about Mika, but it surprised me that no male solo artist had topped the UK singles and album charts since Mika did in 2007! :shocked:

"Mars is the first solo male act to achieve the chart double since 2007, when Mika’s ‘Life in Cartoon Motion’ and single ‘Grace Kelly’ were simultaneous number ones."

http://www.gigwise.com/news/60829/Bruno-Mars-Scores-UK-Album-And-Singles-Chart-Double

Hopefully he'll do it all over again with the next album! :pinkbow:

Thanks for the update Miro :flowers2:

I really love Bruno Mars voice even though is quite different from Mika.

It also displays the obvious crisis of male singers in the recent years.:wink2:

wow amazing, since I love Mr.Mars too!

but seriously, 2 men in 3+years?! :shocked:

oh how funny would be if they stand next to each other :teehee:

I'm surprised by this too, but it's cool. They are both great (still one better than the other :naughty:)

I want what IngievV says so much for us all - from Mika to every posse member & especially to the two 80 year olds he's bringing with him. I know some 80's year olds who still like to have fun and can you imagine? Being 80 and being part of Mika's entourage? Respecting the elders there..

Plus, that means I can start planning now for a tour to North America!!! Or, damn, what do you the chance would be to see Mika and Take That at the same concert? I can't believe Gary Barlow is 40.

Bruno Mars - LOVE the cd. He sings about how girls should look for him because everything they have heard is true, and the lyrics and seduction in "our first time".. hawt. really. /blush

Interesting story too. From Hawaii, been performing for years - as young as Michael when he started, talented young man.

Edited by sarac
oops

wow amazing, since I love Mr.Mars too!

but seriously, 2 men in 3+years?! :shocked:

oh how funny would be if they stand next to each other :teehee:

aaaw that would be amazing :naughty: ..especially the height-difference :aah:

I also just found out about it, when I read a Bruno Mars article ...but well it's no surprise ..it's Mika you know :wink2:

• 2 years later...