MIKA in Kyiv, Ukraine - Stereoplaza - 6 July 2011 - CANCELLED

Christine

T

Don't worry, Lena and DQ, usually everything goes just fine! I will arrive Ukraine in the morning, and it's possible John/team will be there only late afternoon. I should be there on time. I will go and talk to them. Of course it's possible John is not there, but DQ is local so she can talk with the venue security.

I sent you a list of nearby hotels, but it was long, so tell me please if you got it.

I may write you some phrases in Ukrainian with transliteration.

But tell me what language do you prefer - Russian or Ukrainian? In Kiev people understand both languages.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh gosh you are a brave woman Tiibet :lmfao:

Oh, please don't say that :roftl: I didn't think earlier I need to brave, because I often go to countries where I can't speak the language. I realized only today that I can't even read signs in Ukraine :aah: But it will be fine, I'm sure! :teehee:

I sent you a list of nearby hotels, but it was long, so tell me please if you got it.

I may write you some phrases in Ukrainian with transliteration.

But tell me what language do you prefer - Russian or Ukrainian? In Kiev people understand both languages.

Got your PM, thank you so much!!!! You are a star :wub2: I will check everything tomorrow.

I guess I need to learn a few phrases. Which one is more useful in Ukraine, Russian or Ukrainian? I mentioned Russian earlier, because in theory it could be possible for me to speak Russian, many of my friends learnt it at school.

Oh, please don't say that :roftl: I didn't think earlier I need to brave, because I often go to countries where I can't speak the language. I realized only today that I can't even read signs in Ukraine :aah: But it will be fine, I'm sure! :teehee:

Got your PM, thank you so much!!!! You are a star :wub2: I will check everything tomorrow.

I guess I need to learn a few phrases. Which one is more useful in Ukraine, Russian or Ukrainian? I mentioned Russian earlier, because in theory it could be possible for me to speak Russian, many of my friends learnt it at school.

Everybody understands Russian in Kiev. So if it is more convenient to you, and you know something in Russian, let it be!

Now I'm in hurry, so in weekend I will write needed phrases, like

Tell me please - Skazhite pozhaluysta

Where is (here) the underground? - gde (zdes') metro?

Good night!

Will be continued :wink2:

Which part? Kiev is very far from Budapest... Anyway, don't forget this one is 2 days before Balaton Sounds though... We need you there, too.:teehee:

i know:teehee: He wants to go to Kiev first and then Chernobyl.Still don't know the date,but I feel like I have to go here,cause this is not a festival,and btw. is this gonna be his first "real" concert in 2011?

i know:teehee: He wants to go to Kiev first and then Chernobyl.Still don't know the date,but I feel like I have to go here,cause this is not a festival,and btw. is this gonna be his first "real" concert in 2011?

oh I see.. so you'd go to this one instead of the Balaton one...

It is a club gig, so definitely different from a festival but in terms of the set list, the set and the sound I don't expect much difference vs his 2010 tour :dunno: I think he will only create a new show and sound in 2010 when the album is out.

In any case, let me know when you have come back from ghost town - I'd like to hear about your first hand experience although I am not sure I'd want to go there to be honest.... I heard that there is now a Hungarian travel agency organizing tours to Chernobyl. Are you planning to go with them or privately?

oh I see.. so you'd go to this one instead of the Balaton one...

It is a club gig, so definitely different from a festival but in terms of the set list, the set and the sound I don't expect much difference vs his 2010 tour :dunno: I think he will only create a new show and sound in 2010 when the album is out.

In any case, let me know when you have come back from ghost town - I'd like to hear about your first hand experience although I am not sure I'd want to go there to be honest.... I heard that there is now a Hungarian travel agency organizing tours to Chernobyl. Are you planning to go with them or privately?

My brother goes with his friends and to be honest I don't want to go them to Chernobyl either.If I go there I probably won't go to BS and I know that this may be better or longer,but BS is in my country so it's more important to me.I was wondering about the stage desing...what do you think?I hope that they'll look for LGs ang BGs.If they do I want to go up on stage and if I do that I want to do it on a festival.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I'm going to Ukraine, just got this idea few days ago and now it seems it is going to be in real :)

Can anyone advise apartments for 3 nights - good quality and price?

It is not easy, if you want some near the venue. I've sent to Tiibet a list of nearby hotels, but lost it - so I don't have a copy. You can PM her so she could send you this list.

It is not easy, if you want some near the venue. I've sent to Tiibet a list of nearby hotels, but lost it - so I don't have a copy. You can PM her so she could send you this list.

Elena, are you ready to see him again????? :boing::boing::boing:

No. I'm worries about SO MANY things, that I'm even a bit depressed. But in the moments of realization that I will really see him, my heart jumps and I almost faint :)

No worry, guapa...:group_hug:

thanks for info :) Actually I was so excited and the idea appeared just few days ago... Now I start to worry. I suppose city is quite big. We are going by car - if I find apartment not close to venue - is it possible to go there by car and park it somewhere?

Archived