NRJ 94.3 Montreal - Interview with Mika - May 10, 2012

Also I really like what he said about performing songs from the first two albums with new sound and new energy!!

Me too. I really enjoyed Star Academie even more than I expected to because it was something different. The only reason I decided to go a festival this year is because he's coming to Canada but I'm really excited for it now because it sounds like it will be different from all the other shows we've seen so far.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I really enjoyed Star Academie even more than I expected to because it was something different. The only reason I decided to go a festival this year is because he's coming to Canada but I'm really excited for it now because it sounds like it will be different from all the other shows we've seen so far.

I enjoyed the article but now that I'm really going to the show, I'm trully excited! Can't wait.

As Guylaine says Quebec loves Mika :thumb_yello:

I enjoyed the article but now that I'm really going to the show, I'm trully excited! Can't wait.

As Guylaine says Quebec loves Mika :thumb_yello:

Oh I'm so glad you're coming!! :yay::huglove:

I'm a bit scared of how much Quebec loves Mika because I've never been to a gig anywhere near this size but it should be interesting. :teehee:

I'm a bit scared of how much Quebec loves Mika because I've never been to a gig anywhere near this size but it should be interesting. :teehee:

and it's hard to know how many people are actually going, because it requires people to buy a "day" ticket, could be anyday (except weekends)

i think there will be alot of young children as well as older people (older than me! :aah:)

Scares me a bit too as my girl is coming too!

Scares me a bit too as my girl is coming too!

I think it's probably worse in a club than a festival like that to be honest. The show in Toronto in 2008 was horrendous. You would not have been able to take a child into the front row.

Here is an english article about Mika & the festival:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/966861/mika-and-simple-plan-at-the-international-balloon-festival-of-saint-jean-sur-richelieu

Mika and Simple Plan at the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, QC, May 3, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The International Balloon Festival is proud to announce the first internationally acclaimed artists who will play the Loto-Québec stage for its 29th edition. No less than the winner of the 2012 NRJ Music Awards International Male Artist of the Year award, Mika will charm festival goers August 15. Then, three years after their electrifying concert in 2009, Simple Plan will make a triumphant return August 16.

Mika

With his French language mega-hit «Elle me dit», viewed 21.2 million times on YouTube, Mika will be back in Quebec after enchanting the audience during a spectacular gala performance on the Star Académie finale earlier this spring. There will be no resisting his dance-beat pop music sound that will sweep through the International Balloon Festival!

Rocketing to the top of the international music scene through his huge hits "Relax, Take it easy" and "Grace Kelly" Mika, whose real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman, is a Lebanese singer-songwriter, born in Beirut on August 18, 1983. He was raised in Europe since childhood, first in Paris then London.

Having sold over 7 million albums worldwide to date, Mika is poised to continue his reign as a pop music superstar with the upcoming release of his third album The Origin Of Love partially recorded in Montreal.

Simple Plan

Originally from Montreal, the pop-punk band has achieved world-wide success. They will perform songs from their latest album, Get Your Heart On! including Jet Lag, This Song Saved My Life and Summer Paradise, a song well on the way to being the biggest hit of the summer with more than 2.5 million views on YouTube. Despite resounding global success, including their 7.5 million albums sold since 2002, we expect a great homecoming from their Quebec fans!

The five members of Simple Plan, singer Pierre Bouvier, Chuck Comeau (drums), David Desrosiers (bass), Sebastien Lefebvre (guitar) and Jeff Stinco (guitar) no longer need any introduction. For ten years, their greatest hits (Welcome To My Life, Worst Day Ever, I'm Just a Kid, etc.) have been heavily played on the radio.

The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, presented by Laurentian Bank in collaboration with Loto-Quebec, returns in full force with its 29th edition which will be held from August 11th to 19th, 2012. The programming will be revealed on June 13th. It is a date. Until then, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

For further information:

Contact: International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

Quebec sure does love Mika:biggrin2:

True artists never stay in the same safe place for too long so there are always bound to be changes in the way he chooses to present the songs and the show. Thats why it will be really interesting and exciting to discover the new sound and energy he talks about in the interview. But I have to admit even if he hadnt decided to evolve and change things and played the exact same show he did last year or the year before I'd still try to go to as many festivals as I possibly could. Mika gigs are always special and it's always worth going:wub2:

Mika gigs are always special and it's always worth going:wub2:

That is true but I find the travel very difficult at times because lack of sleep and jetlag gives me migraines and then I have to take medication, etc. If I have to go overseas for a gig I can't pick one here or there and have to go to several in a row. I found when I went to Japan for instance that they all just sort of run together in my memory and I think I probably need at least a week off between gigs for each one to feel "special".

You're going to Lovebox, right? THAT is definitely going to be special! :mikadas: