NRJ 94.3 Montreal - Interview with Mika - May 10, 2012

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was in London when she interviewed him from the studio.

She says that 2 years ago, his sister was very sick & he had to cancel some shows.

Mika says he will not cancel the show last minute in August.

(for those of you who don't know, Mika was to appear at that same festival a few years ago, but canceled. The festival des montgolfieres was not pleased at all. I think that day, he appeared on "good morning america")

He says he is very sorry for what happened in the past, but this time he will be there. He says this festival is really cool & he is happy to be part of it, right before his birthday, he will be 29 on Aug. 18.

She says they will give him "la bascule" (where people grab the birthday boy & throw him up in the air while holding legs & arms & another spank his bottom... it's an old tradition :naughty:)

She mentions that Mika came to Montreal to work on his 3rd album.

He says that he decided one morning to come & booked a flight, he arrived in the afternoon, with no hotel reservation. He went to the studio, completely jetlagged & within an hour, they had written the first song.

Another radio person says that he heard that Mika was in a restaurant & a girl saw him, and said you really look like Mika, he said, it's me & she said no, Mika doesn't speak french. He tried to tell her, but she never believed him.

Apparently he mentioned it during an interview & the girl called in, spoke to him & apoligized.

Mitsou then repeats the date for the concert

Thanks for uploading and translating. :flowers2: Just in time for me to wake up. :biggrin2:

She says that 2 years ago, his sister was very sick & he had to cancel some shows.

That did not happen.

Oh good! :mikasweat:

I am trying to find my ticket from the last show to get him to sign it. :naughty:

She says they will give him "la bascule" (where people grab the birthday boy & throw him up in the air while holding legs & arms & another spank his bottom... it's an old tradition :naughty:)

This sounds like a plan. :roftl:

Apparently he mentioned it during an interview & the girl called in, spoke to him & apoligized.

I don't think that happened either did it? I thought it was a woman who worked at a Lebanese restaurant (food court?) and Mika just told a story about how she thought he looked like Mika but couldn't be because Mika is English. :dunno:

(for those of you who don't know, Mika was to appear at that same festival a few years ago, but canceled. The festival des montgolfieres was not pleased at all. I think that day, he appeared on "good morning america")

He says he is very sorry for what happened in the past, but this time he will be there. He says this festival is really cool & he is happy to be part of it, right before his birthday, he will be 29 on Aug. 18.

He says that he decided one morning to come & booked a flight, he arrived in the afternoon, with no hotel reservation. He went to the studio, completely jetlagged & within an hour, they had written the first song.

Another radio person says that he heard that Mika was in a restaurant & a girl saw him, and said you really look like Mika, he said, it's me & she said no, Mika doesn't speak french. He tried to tell her, but she never believed him.

Thank you very much! Can I put it in the YouTube description?

Thanks for the translation. :thumb_yello:

I'd like to see a vid of that. :naughty:

I don't think that happened either did it? I thought it was a woman who worked at a Lebanese restaurant (food court?) and Mika just told a story about how she thought he looked like Mika but couldn't be because Mika is English. :dunno:

I didn't think he cancelled any shows because of his sister. Mitsou also says his sister had an illness and not an accident.

That restaurant story is so old :naughty: i think it happened in 2007? 2008?

but the guy on the radio made it sound like it happened last year

That restaurant story is so old :naughty: i think it happened in 2007? 2008?

but the guy on the radio made it sound like it happened last year

Yes I'm sure it happened on his first trip to Canada in March 2007 and he told it the next day or so. I was trying to find the interview a few weeks ago but the links to some of these interviews are dead now. :sad: I'm not even sure what station it was on so it could still be out there somewhere I guess.

either way, these people have to brush up on their "Mika stories"

I think we should make it compulsory for radio stations to call MFC first... they need some fresh stuff :naughty:

i find it starts a bit on a negative note, the fact that he was a "no show" at that festival.

they didn't let him speak enough :tears:

Thanks for the translation!

either way, these people have to brush up on their "Mika stories"

I think we should make it compulsory for radio stations to call MFC first... they need some fresh stuff :naughty:

i find it starts a bit on a negative note, the fact that he was a "no show" at that festival.

they didn't let him speak enough :tears:

Great idea. First contact MFC, then do the interview :mikacool: