NRJ 94.3 Montreal - Interview with Mika - May 10, 2012

I've listened the interview and didn't heard the word "autumn" or "single":blink:

Chris is our hope :huglove: you still believe that the new album will be out before summer, isn't it? but I read "autumn" and "single" on translations :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris is our hope :huglove: you still believe that the new album will be out before summer, isn't it? but I read "autumn" and "single" on translations :mf_rosetinted:

No,it's only on that Mitsou's FB page.And she wrote that Mika's birthday date is 19th :sneaky2: But maybe she knows better :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you so much for the links Eriko:flowers2:

What I dont get is if he talked about the new album/single/video why did they cut off this part of the interview and posted the news on facebook instead.

Anyway it was great to hear him on radio for the second time this week though:biggrin2:

Thank you so much for the links Eriko:flowers2:

What I dont get is if he talked about the new album/single/video why did they cut off this part of the interview and posted the news on facebook instead.

Anyway it was great to hear him on radio for the second time this week though:biggrin2:

Because the star of this morning show is Mitsou, not Mika ;-) I guess she wanted some kind of "exclusive" for her own website... they also played the interview at 6:35 am, at a time when not a lot of people are listening.

Autumn? So it must be Winter then :naughty:

I don't wanna think when the 4th album will be released.. 2020 maybe? :mikacool:

Oh dear lord, are you trying to kill me? I'll be 60 in 2020! LOL! :old:

Please let me just get through this new album first!

:thumb_yello:

I didn't know where write this but there is an other interview here :

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/05/16/un-nouveau-depart

And i tried to make a translation :) I'm sorry if there are mistakes :/

He had to cancel his show at the International Balloon for medical reasons in 2007.Mika, colorful artist who does his own way, however, will have the chance to reconnect with his fans in Quebec this summer in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu."I was really happy to know that you invited me to go back," he said to the Journal. To to be forgiven, the artist account to be amazing to his fans, on August 15.

The British singer-songwriter - who speaks in perfect French - The singer-songwriter British - who speaks in perfect French - was felt to complete the first phase of reunion with his Quebec audience during his visit to the grand final of Star Academy in March.

"I never participates in this kind of show, he admits. But,when the production told me what she wanted to do, and when I saw how their approach was sincere, I felt they were not looking only to receive an artist on their shelf. They wanted to create something good. "

at the time of our interview, he was in London to put the finishing touches on his next album, he is also working on the design of his show.In addition stopping at Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Mika will visit many countries in Europe, and this, from June 17.

"The summer tours give me the opportunity to make music the center of the show. As we perform outside, we focus on the relationship between the public, music and me. This is not as dramatic as when we perform in an arena or theater. "

Experience Mika

The tour will also be the perfect opportunity for Mika to present the songs that will be on his third album The Origin of Love, which is expected at the end of the summer.

"I will test new songs but also sing the best songs on both discs before, he said. Having three albums, this is a new feeling. It really changes things. Now I can choose the songs that I believe are the best. "

The artist will revisited his biggest hits with a "new sound and new energy." For this, he will be accompanied by a new team of five musicians.

"I want the audience that comes to my concert is transported into another world for two hours, he said. If I want people to live a real experience, they begin to dance, then crying, then laughing, I just had a separation between spectacle and reality. It was always my thing. "

Mika said he loves make shows during festivals. "People are already immersed in a special atmosphere.

They are also already in their minds. "

Even if the focus will be on music, the artist promises a show that will be "visually delicious."

"We need people to be impressed and surprised. "

Album in construction

Mika, who said he had taken time to prepare his third album to make sure that it is successful, explains that this new album does not fall in the line of his first two albums Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

"When I made my first record, I was in a bubble. I needed to feel certain things and getting lost in a fantasy world. It's been done without any commercial purpose, he says. What happened with the second album changed my life. People had told me during the creation of my first record, it was crap, but when they realized I was getting success, they asked me to do the same again. I then isolated. In six months, I wrote a beautiful album, but it was the continuation of the first. "

For the creation of The Origin of Love, Mika needed movement. Thus he found himself in Montreal, among others, where he worked with Nick Littlemore of the duo Empire of the Sun.

The artist, who also collaborated with Pharrell Williams and Klas Åhlund (Teddybears), has taken five months before returning home.

"I'm surrounded by very talented people. What results is music that will make people happy, he says. As a musician, I feel I have followed my own way. This album does not follow any fashion. It does not sound like anything you can hear on the radio.

He had to cancel his show at the International Balloon for medical reasons in 2007.Mika, colorful artist who does his own way, however, will have the chance to reconnect with his fans in Quebec this summer in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu."I was really happy to know that you invited me to go back," he said to the Journal. To to be forgiven, the artist account to be amazing to his fans, on August 15.

The British singer-songwriter - who speaks in perfect French - The singer-songwriter British - who speaks in perfect French - was felt to complete the first phase of reunion with his Quebec audience during his visit to the grand final of Star Academy in March.

"I never participates in this kind of show, he admits. But,when the production told me what she wanted to do, and when I saw how their approach was sincere, I felt they were not looking only to receive an artist on their shelf. They wanted to create something good. "

at the time of our interview, he was in London to put the finishing touches on his next album, he is also working on the design of his show.In addition stopping at Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Mika will visit many countries in Europe, and this, from June 17.

"The summer tours give me the opportunity to make music the center of the show. As we perform outside, we focus on the relationship between the public, music and me. This is not as dramatic as when we perform in an arena or theater. "

Experience Mika

The tour will also be the perfect opportunity for Mika to present the songs that will be on his third album The Origin of Love, which is expected at the end of the summer.

"I will test new songs but also sing the best songs on both discs before, he said. Having three albums, this is a new feeling. It really changes things. Now I can choose the songs that I believe are the best. "

The artist will revisited his biggest hits with a "new sound and new energy." For this, he will be accompanied by a new team of five musicians.

"I want the audience that comes to my concert is transported into another world for two hours, he said. If I want people to live a real experience, they begin to dance, then crying, then laughing, I just had a separation between spectacle and reality. It was always my thing. "

Mika said he loves make shows during festivals. "People are already immersed in a special atmosphere.

Even if the focus will be on music, the artist promises a show that will be "visually delicious."

Album in construction

Mika, who said he had taken time to prepare his third album to make sure that it is successful, explains that this new album does not fall in the line of his first two albums Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

"When I made my first record, I was in a bubble. I needed to feel certain things and getting lost in a fantasy world. It's been done without any commercial purpose, he says. What happened with the second album changed my life. People had told me during the creation of my first record, it was crap, but when they realized I was getting success, they asked me to do the same again. I then isolated. In six months, I wrote a beautiful album, but it was the continuation of the first. "

For the creation of The Origin of Love, Mika needed movement. Thus he found himself in Montreal, among others, where he worked with Nick Littlemore of the duo Empire of the Sun.

The artist, who also collaborated with Pharrell Williams and Klas Åhlund (Teddybears), has taken five months before returning home.

"I'm surrounded by very talented people. What results is music that will make people happy, he says. As a musician, I feel I have followed my own way. This album does not follow any fashion. It does not sound like anything you can hear on the radio.

I absolutely love it! Goodness me! This is so exciting! Thanks for finding and translating Vanessa!

Thank you for translation :bow: The end of the summer sounds much better then the autumn :thumb_yello: But I hope it won't be 'Mikasummer' like 'Mikasoon' :naughty:

Love this article, it's full of exciting news:biggrin2:

Wonder how many and which new songs he'll be playing this summer. Also I really like what he said about performing songs from the first two albums with new sound and new energy!!

Thanks Vanessa :flowers2:

Experience Mika

Album in construction

AWWW this interview reminds me Why I'm so in love with his amazing talent and him... :thud: can't wait to summer concerts!!! :wub2: And reminds me Why I have to start learning French to continue to be his fan... :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for translation !!! :thumb_yello:

Here is an english article about Mika & the festival:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/966861/mika-and-simple-plan-at-the-international-balloon-festival-of-saint-jean-sur-richelieu

Mika and Simple Plan at the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, QC, May 3, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The International Balloon Festival is proud to announce the first internationally acclaimed artists who will play the Loto-Québec stage for its 29th edition. No less than the winner of the 2012 NRJ Music Awards International Male Artist of the Year award, Mika will charm festival goers August 15. Then, three years after their electrifying concert in 2009, Simple Plan will make a triumphant return August 16.

Mika

With his French language mega-hit «Elle me dit», viewed 21.2 million times on YouTube, Mika will be back in Quebec after enchanting the audience during a spectacular gala performance on the Star Académie finale earlier this spring. There will be no resisting his dance-beat pop music sound that will sweep through the International Balloon Festival!

Rocketing to the top of the international music scene through his huge hits "Relax, Take it easy" and "Grace Kelly" Mika, whose real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman, is a Lebanese singer-songwriter, born in Beirut on August 18, 1983. He was raised in Europe since childhood, first in Paris then London.

Having sold over 7 million albums worldwide to date, Mika is poised to continue his reign as a pop music superstar with the upcoming release of his third album The Origin Of Love partially recorded in Montreal.

Simple Plan

Originally from Montreal, the pop-punk band has achieved world-wide success. They will perform songs from their latest album, Get Your Heart On! including Jet Lag, This Song Saved My Life and Summer Paradise, a song well on the way to being the biggest hit of the summer with more than 2.5 million views on YouTube. Despite resounding global success, including their 7.5 million albums sold since 2002, we expect a great homecoming from their Quebec fans!

The five members of Simple Plan, singer Pierre Bouvier, Chuck Comeau (drums), David Desrosiers (bass), Sebastien Lefebvre (guitar) and Jeff Stinco (guitar) no longer need any introduction. For ten years, their greatest hits (Welcome To My Life, Worst Day Ever, I'm Just a Kid, etc.) have been heavily played on the radio.

The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, presented by Laurentian Bank in collaboration with Loto-Quebec, returns in full force with its 29th edition which will be held from August 11th to 19th, 2012. The programming will be revealed on June 13th. It is a date. Until then, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

For further information:

Contact: International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

Here is an english article about Mika & the festival:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/966861/mika-and-simple-plan-at-the-international-balloon-festival-of-saint-jean-sur-richelieu

Mika and Simple Plan at the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU, QC, May 3, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The International Balloon Festival is proud to announce the first internationally acclaimed artists who will play the Loto-Québec stage for its 29th edition. No less than the winner of the 2012 NRJ Music Awards International Male Artist of the Year award, Mika will charm festival goers August 15. Then, three years after their electrifying concert in 2009, Simple Plan will make a triumphant return August 16.

Mika

With his French language mega-hit «Elle me dit», viewed 21.2 million times on YouTube, Mika will be back in Quebec after enchanting the audience during a spectacular gala performance on the Star Académie finale earlier this spring. There will be no resisting his dance-beat pop music sound that will sweep through the International Balloon Festival!

Rocketing to the top of the international music scene through his huge hits "Relax, Take it easy" and "Grace Kelly" Mika, whose real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman, is a Lebanese singer-songwriter, born in Beirut on August 18, 1983. He was raised in Europe since childhood, first in Paris then London.

Having sold over 7 million albums worldwide to date, Mika is poised to continue his reign as a pop music superstar with the upcoming release of his third album The Origin Of Love partially recorded in Montreal.

Simple Plan

Originally from Montreal, the pop-punk band has achieved world-wide success. They will perform songs from their latest album, Get Your Heart On! including Jet Lag, This Song Saved My Life and Summer Paradise, a song well on the way to being the biggest hit of the summer with more than 2.5 million views on YouTube. Despite resounding global success, including their 7.5 million albums sold since 2002, we expect a great homecoming from their Quebec fans!

The five members of Simple Plan, singer Pierre Bouvier, Chuck Comeau (drums), David Desrosiers (bass), Sebastien Lefebvre (guitar) and Jeff Stinco (guitar) no longer need any introduction. For ten years, their greatest hits (Welcome To My Life, Worst Day Ever, I'm Just a Kid, etc.) have been heavily played on the radio.

The International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, presented by Laurentian Bank in collaboration with Loto-Quebec, returns in full force with its 29th edition which will be held from August 11th to 19th, 2012. The programming will be revealed on June 13th. It is a date. Until then, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

For further information:

Contact: International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

That's a lovely piece of writing, about Mika! T4P!

Archived