• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i could, but not today, i'm too tired atm :blush-anim-cl:

i could, but not today, i'm too tired atm :blush-anim-cl:

no problem,it's the same here :naughty:

need a good night to sleep after this amazing week-end ;)

why i feel like 5 years ago,i had'nt this problem with mika's gigs(eve if we did one time 3 mika's gigs in 3 days....!) :aah:

1 yesterday,and i feel like a grandmother....:blink:

no problem,it's the same here :naughty:

need a good night to sleep after this amazing week-end ;)

why i feel like 5 years ago,i had'nt this problem with mika's gigs(eve if we did one time 3 mika's gigs in 3 days....!) :aah:

1 yesterday,and i feel like a grandmother....:blink:

:teehee: it's mostly the fact that i didn't get enough sleep after, only 6 hours and the day before as well cause of the olympics. So 2 nights of 6 hours for a girl that need 8 hours of sleep :aah::roftl:

edit: I CAN tell you this, it's a very positive article about yesterday :)

:teehee: it's mostly the fact that i didn't get enough sleep after, only 6 hours and the day before as well cause of the olympics. So 2 nights of 6 hours for a girl that need 8 hours of sleep :aah::roftl:

edit: I CAN tell you this, it's a very positive article about yesterday :)

ok,thanks for this little explain of the article!

i think i'll go to bed soon too,coz' sleep,as you,no longer as my body need(perhaps 8 hours or less in the 2 past days....);

so :bye:

ps:perhaps i'll come again to share some pics...perhaps.....:teehee:

How could Mika ever playback on a gig like this? His shows are so spontaneous and full of improvisation that I can never believe that it's playbacked!

But: the sound quality was not always perfect, indeed the basses were too hard and you almost couldn't here his voice in some songs ... for LMFAO hard basses are perfect, but for Mika just put them on a normal level ;-)

It was a great performance yesterday. :thumb_yello: He was in a great mood and his Dutch was very cute. Talked and joked a lot. New songs are getting better and better live.:wub2: Felt a little disapointed cause we did't see him afterwards.I was very pleased that I have met some new people and others. Everything was just fantastic.

here's my translation of that article, sorry, guess there's stil a lot of mistakes, but i think you'll get the general idea ::blush-anim-cl:

some words are just a bit hard to translate properly into english for me.

Enjoy!!!

Mika fulfills his roll as top act completely at Suikerrock Tienen.

A lot of people have come to the “Grote Makt’ in Tienen for the third day of Suikerrock. With Mika, the oraganisation had a huge headliner to close on Saturday. The brittish –lebanese superstar more than fulfilled the expectations, with a “jukebox concert” that was fantastic.

It’s remarkable how many Mika songs are already in the collective memory after only two albums. In a month and a half he brings out a new Cd “The origin of Love”, produced by pharell Williams. The summery “celebrate and the French number 1 hit single “elle me dit” are two of the songs on this album that can already end up on a later “Best of album’ There was the premiere of the title song of the third album –also a potential hit by the way. But Mika realisedthat the festival audience really likes recognition and thus the singer built a well thought through set, with his brand new band. The set was so ingenious that he seldom lost the attention of the crowd.

Ofcourse the flamboyant Technicolor pop that made Mika big, is perfect for major parties.

The atmosphere of the songs is very cheerful, and about sound, he stands between the most exuberant songs of Queen, the early work of Elton John and the vibrant pop of the Scissor Sisters.

Add a voice that can easily reach 3,5 octaves and a stage personality whose charisma can be felt to the back row, and everything is there to make this into a vibrant concert.

For someone that used to have whole forests on stage or dressed up in a bear costume, he kept it very sober this time. Mika didn’t need more than some flags and that made that the emphesis was more about the music then before. The big guns were brought out with “Big girl (you are beautiful), “Relax”, and “Blame it on the girls”. And for a moment it looked like Mika was going to start his set with the encore. It appeared to be a wake up call for what was to follow. Mika moved from left to right, jumped from his piano, dived into the audience. In between he told a little lie (“this is my first open air festival in Belgium (I think they didn’t hear it very well, I thought he said first City festival in Belgium) and his Dutch was spoken very well.

The pace of the set was fairly high, with “We are golden” and the ambiguous “Lollipop” as an agreed sign to change the entire “Grote Markt” in an open air discotheque.

Seldom heard music with a feelgood factor as high as this. Ok: it didn’t have much to do with rock’n roll. And it’s also true that Mika, with his distinct frivolous style, has an equal number of proponents and opponents. But it’s like that with the best pop music.

And the encore, with the inevitable “Grace Kelly”, placed the crown on the whole.

“All I wanna do is make you happy” he sang somewhere in the middle of the gig. Conlusion afterwards was clear: Mission accomplished

here's my translation of that article, sorry, guess there's stil a lot of mistakes, but i think you'll get the general idea ::blush-anim-cl:

some words are just a bit hard to translate properly into english for me.

Enjoy!!!

Mika fulfills his roll as top act completely at Suikerrock Tienen.

A lot of people have come to the “Grote Makt’ in Tienen for the third day of Suikerrock. With Mika, the oraganisation had a huge headliner to close on Saturday. The brittish –lebanese superstar more than fulfilled the expectations, with a “jukebox concert” that was fantastic.

It’s remarkable how many Mika songs are already in the collective memory after only two albums. In a month and a half he brings out a new Cd “The origin of Love”, produced by pharell Williams. The summery “celebrate and the French number 1 hit single “elle me dit” are two of the songs on this album that can already end up on a later “Best of album’ There was the premiere of the title song of the third album –also a potential hit by the way. But Mika realisedthat the festival audience really likes recognition and thus the singer built a well thought through set, with his brand new band. The set was so ingenious that he seldom lost the attention of the crowd.

Ofcourse the flamboyant Technicolor pop that made Mika big, is perfect for major parties.

The atmosphere of the songs is very cheerful, and about sound, he stands between the most exuberant songs of Queen, the early work of Elton John and the vibrant pop of the Scissor Sisters.

Add a voice that can easily reach 3,5 octaves and a stage personality whose charisma can be felt to the back row, and everything is there to make this into a vibrant concert.

For someone that used to have whole forests on stage or dressed up in a bear costume, he kept it very sober this time. Mika didn’t need more than some flags and that made that the emphesis was more about the music then before. The big guns were brought out with “Big girl (you are beautiful), “Relax”, and “Blame it on the girls”. And for a moment it looked like Mika was going to start his set with the encore. It appeared to be a wake up call for what was to follow. Mika moved from left to right, jumped from his piano, dived into the audience. In between he told a little lie (“this is my first open air festival in Belgium (I think they didn’t hear it very well, I thought he said first City festival in Belgium) and his Dutch was spoken very well.

The pace of the set was fairly high, with “We are golden” and the ambiguous “Lollipop” as an agreed sign to change the entire “Grote Markt” in an open air discotheque.

Seldom heard music with a feelgood factor as high as this. Ok: it didn’t have much to do with rock’n roll. And it’s also true that Mika, with his distinct frivolous style, has an equal number of proponents and opponents. But it’s like that with the best pop music.

And the encore, with the inevitable “Grace Kelly”, placed the crown on the whole.

“All I wanna do is make you happy” he sang somewhere in the middle of the gig. Conlusion afterwards was clear: Mission accomplished

Great job!

I didn't need it, I'm Dutch myself. But thanks!

My first 5 videos are on YouTube! http://Www.youtube.com/user/stvofficial

Thanks! Good quality :D I really like that you filmed Blue Eyes, the lalalalalalalaaaa-parts just make me smile!

And about the article: I also think MIKA didn't lie, he said something like city festival indeed, or first festival in Belgium of the year (which is true, right?)

Edited by NickyM

Thanks! Good quality :D I really like that you filmed Blue Eyes, the lalalalalalalaaaa-parts just make me smile!

And about the article: I also think MIKA didn't lie, he said something like city festival indeed, or first festival in Belgium of the year (which is true, right?)

Thanks!

Yeah, first he was talking about 'the first Belgian gig of 2012' and later on he talked about 'the first Belgian gig in a city centre'

The best part of the whole evening: 'Ik wil dat jullie fit allemaal gaan... meewhisperen' XD You can watch it later today at the Make You Happy video

Thanks!

Yeah, first he was talking about 'the first Belgian gig of 2012' and later on he talked about 'the first Belgian gig in a city centre'

The best part of the whole evening: 'Ik wil dat jullie fit allemaal gaan... meewhisperen' XD You can watch it later today at the Make You Happy video

Ah, that was so adorable indeed! :wub2:

I'm glad you taped it, can't wait to see it again!

Sjoerd,did you also tape the shooting of the band? Cause I would really love to see him talk in Dutch about hearing Max's voice everywhere from now on! :naughty:

Sjoerd,did you also tape the shooting of the band? Cause I would really love to see him talk in Dutch about hearing Max's voice everywhere from now on! :naughty:

Nope, I'm sorry. I didn't tape the introduction of the band :(

That was so cute! 'Als je de avwas doet...' haha

And even though he kept apologizing about how bad his dutch was, it didn't sound bad at all! just.. funny and cute :teehee:

Nope, I'm sorry. I didn't tape the introduction of the band :(

Not the introduction but the shooting...he didn't shoot Max...he lay down on the piano and talked about hearing Max's voice everywhere from now on...remember?

That was so cute! 'Als je de avwas doet...' haha

And even though he kept apologizing about how bad his dutch was, it didn't sound bad at all! just.. funny and cute :teehee:

It was cute indeed! That's why I'd love to hear it back again! :blush-anim-cl:

My report of a great night @ Tienen!

Before Mika:

School is cool was cool! Especially the fat guy! 't hof van commerce was suprisingly good ^^ Everything happened in a very familiar dialect! ;P West-vlams, you hate it or you love it! ;P Arsenal: one word: good! LMFAO was terrible =S I'm sorry. Too much entertainment to hide that their music is bad. But I have to admit, I really enjoyed the 'wiggling' ;P And there were stupid LMFAO fans in front of me who were constantly singing: 'Mika moeteran, mika moeteran! (dialect for: we want mika dead! Ö) I gave them a really angry stare! ;P

And than there was... Mika!!

-Mika danced and jumped a lot on the piano. I'ts still a mystery to me how the piano survived that gig!!

- He spoke a lot Dutch! It was so funny! Specially when he said the 'when you have sex with your wife-part'. He had to think a long time for the Dutch word 'seks', while it's exactly the same word in English. It was funny :P And I loved the way he swithed left with right. And he said 'lienks' and 'reks', which sounded exactly like our West-Flemisch dialect! Awesome!! :PDid he really learned all those sentences? I mean, there was no reading? In that case: RESPECT!

- Mika also walked into the crowd! (suprise! Ö) I mean, in that middle row where the photographers normally stand. I reached my arm, but it was just too short =( I didn't touched him. But I did almost lose my shoe that moment :P

-Does ANYONE has a picture from Mika sitting on his pianist? That was soooooo sexy! Ö (or maybe there's a video?) I'm not sure if the pianist actually liked it, haha, but that was the funny thing about it! ;P aaah Mika, you're such an animal! Love you! ;P

-My favourite song of the evening? ... I have 3! First, underwater. There were bubbles coming from behind us (who did that? Awesome!!), and with the dark blue sky and blue lights, it felt like I really wás under water. A-MA-ZING!

We are golden! was awesome too. I kept looking at the sky, full of golden papers and all I could think was: Damnn we áre golden. This is sooo beautiful! I'll take a picture in my head so I'll never forget it. And I did. Never will forget this magical moment.

And than there was.... the origin of love. It was sooo beautiful. Especially when he sang thank God that you found me and at the same time, stared at that gorgeous church with a incredible look on this face, probably thinking about the person he recently fell in love with. I bet he really was thanking God that moment, in his own special way.

It really touched me.

-Mika was already gone when we arrived at the stage entrance. That fact almost ruined my whole evening, but I promised myself earlier that day that I wouldn't let that ruin my day. And I did. Thanks to the other MFC'ers out there who missed him too, cause if I would have been the only one who didn't met him (like last year), I wouldn't have forgiven myself.

But I still don't understand why he decided to take a secret way out =( Why? Next time, please don't do this to your Belgian fans again!

Thank you so much for another great experience, Mika! Hopefully next time, I really meet you! ;)

Not the introduction but the shooting...he didn't shoot Max...he lay down on the piano and talked about hearing Max's voice everywhere from now on...remember?

I remember! I'll search it up. If I can't find it on my camera, I didn't capture it. I'll tell you when I found it!

My report of a great night @ Tienen!

Before Mika:

School is cool was cool! Especially the fat guy! 't hof van commerce was suprisingly good ^^ Everything happened in a very familiar dialect! ;P West-vlams, you hate it or you love it! ;P Arsenal: one word: good! LMFAO was terrible =S I'm sorry. Too much entertainment to hide that their music is bad. But I have to admit, I really enjoyed the 'wiggling' ;P And there were stupid LMFAO fans in front of me who were constantly singing: 'Mika moeteran, mika moeteran! (dialect for: we want mika dead! Ö) I gave them a really angry stare! ;P

And than there was... Mika!!

-Mika danced and jumped a lot on the piano. I'ts still a mystery to me how the piano survived that gig!!

- He spoke a lot Dutch! It was so funny! Specially when he said the 'when you have sex with your wife-part'. He had to think a long time for the Dutch word 'seks', while it's exactly the same word in English. It was funny :P And I loved the way he swithed left with right. And he said 'lienks' and 'reks', which sounded exactly like our West-Flemisch dialect! Awesome!! :PDid he really learned all those sentences? I mean, there was no reading? In that case: RESPECT!

- Mika also walked into the crowd! (suprise! Ö) I mean, in that middle row where the photographers normally stand. I reached my arm, but it was just too short =( I didn't touched him. But I did almost lose my shoe that moment :P

-Does ANYONE has a picture from Mika sitting on his pianist? That was soooooo sexy! Ö (or maybe there's a video?) I'm not sure if the pianist actually liked it, haha, but that was the funny thing about it! ;P aaah Mika, you're such an animal! Love you! ;P

-My favourite song of the evening? ... I have 3! First, underwater. There were bubbles coming from behind us (who did that? Awesome!!), and with the dark blue sky and blue lights, it felt like I really wás under water. A-MA-ZING!

We are golden! was awesome too. I kept looking at the sky, full of golden papers and all I could think was: Damnn we áre golden. This is sooo beautiful! I'll take a picture in my head so I'll never forget it. And I did. Never will forget this magical moment.

And than there was.... the origin of love. It was sooo beautiful. Especially when he sang thank God that you found me and at the same time, stared at that gorgeous church with a incredible look on this face, probably thinking about the person he recently fell in love with. I bet he really was thanking God that moment, in his own special way.

It really touched me.

-Mika was already gone when we arrived at the stage entrance. That fact almost ruined my whole evening, but I promised myself earlier that day that I wouldn't let that ruin my day. And I did. Thanks to the other MFC'ers out there who missed him too, cause if I would have been the only one who didn't met him (like last year), I wouldn't have forgiven myself.

But I still don't understand why he decided to take a secret way out =( Why? Next time, please don't do this to your Belgian fans again!

Thank you so much for another great experience, Mika! Hopefully next time, I really meet you! ;)

I didn't met him too :(

There was a secret way out for all the artists. They planned all of it