Suikerrock - Tienen Belgium, July 28 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pictures:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=BLKVA_20120729_001&pid=1843352

SR12_50.jpg.h600.jpg

And I can only say: :wub2:

This night was very special to me, I got all the answers I had been struggling with the last few weeks.

Just got home with Ilse and Helen who are already asleep, I guess I should too...

Some highlights for me:

*Lola is AMAZING live. If you like the youtube versions, you will adore it in person. I can't believe the difference with actually hearing the song live yourself. MYH sounded much better, especially the end was very well received by the audience though Lola for sure was the favorite of the new songs! Everyone was singing along already.

*I can't believe what a switch this has been for me. I wasn't even looking forward to this, I was a bit scared because I didn't really like the new songs, but wow, am I glad I went tonight :wub2:

*LMFAO were great :aah: I was in such a bad mood, had a splitting headache, and they were like the instant happiness medicine I so desperately needed. It was not a gig, it was an experience! And so glad I have had it :naughty:

*Mika was chatty as usual here, also making a lot of jokes. Like about the "venue". There was a church on the square, and at the end he was talking about it, and how "god would be very pissed off if he saw that huge coca cola sign blocking the entrance to the church!" while waving his finger in a no no manner "But not with us because we're all cool!" :naughty: He also talked about a previous gig where there were a church and a mosk on both sides of the "venue".

*At the end he said something like: "Thank you, it's so great to do a gig in Belgium again" or "it's always great to do a gig in belgium" :mikalove:

*he spoke a lot of Dutch which of course I loved. He seriously repeated almost everything in dutch afterwards :naughty: Like he was laying on the piano talking about how max's voice was the only thing we'd ever hear again when walking the street, when going to sleep, when having sex with your wife etc etc. And repeated everything in dutch :aah: And kept apologizing for how "bad" it was! Which it wasn't!

*He let the audience sing the beginning of happy ending alone :wub2: and said that we caught him off guard with it.

*It was so great to see everyone (again), Katrien, Celien, Joyce, Angele, Jojotje, Helen, Ilse, Rian, Lena Machu, sonja and others I might have forgotten, loved seeing you all! And thank you for the waffle ! ;o)

*I now seriously can't wait for the new gigs and I'm so relieved. I remember why I'm a fan in the first place: he's a born performer. Performing is what he does best. And that's why I will keep going to his gigs :mikalove:

*the songs he played, not in order: BG, relax, lola, tool, celebrate, sitm, happy ending, elle me dit (I thought I read somewhere he wasn't going to perform it anymore? Glad he did because it was a crowd pleaser!), rain, billy brown, love today, grace kelly, make you happy, underwater... I don't know if I forgot one... The set lasted longer than planned though, I think :o)

edit: and let's not forget the man himself:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Just come off stage in Belgium. Stunning venue and crowd. Thank you

Edited by Droopsy

Found this tweet:

MuzikaleVibe Live‏@MuzikaleLive

Mika zet een uiterst vermakelijke show neer, maar wij ergeren ons aan de vele geplaybackte stukken.. Meer mensen last van? #SR12 @suikerrock

Mika put on an extreme enjoyable show, but we were annoyed by the high amounts of lipsynch...More people bother by it? #SR12 @suikerrock

And I can only say: :wub2:

This night was very special to me, I got all the answers I had been struggling with the last few weeks.

Awww...I'm so glad you got your Mika mojo back! :mikalove:

He MUST get rid of that hat. :aah: It takes all the softness from his face and instantly ages him 10 years. His hair looks so nice at the moment. Why U wanna hide it with goofy hat?? :aah:

Found this tweet:

Mika zet een uiterst vermakelijke show neer, maar wij ergeren ons aan de vele geplaybackte stukken.. Meer mensen last van? #SR12 @suikerrock

Mika put on an extreme enjoyable show, but we were annoyed by the high amounts of lipsynch...More people bother by it? #SR12 @suikerrock

What?? Did he really do that?

I didn't see it :shocked:

EDIT: btw, I really enjoyed myself. It was an amazing show! I remember why I was obsessed again. Fell in love for a second time #can'tstopthinkingabouthim

Edited by FanOfMikasounds

What?? Did he really do that?

I didn't see it :shocked:

EDIT: btw, I really enjoyed myself. It was an amazing show! I remember why I was obsessed again. Fell in love for a second time #can'tstopthinkingabouthim

I didn't see him playbacking either! And yes it was amazing, I loved it! Loved he talked dutch a lot, the new songs, well actually I loved everything about it. Had such a good time :D hope to see him again soon!

And yes, LMFAO was really cool too!

Edited by NickyM

I didn't see him playbacking either! And yes it was amazing, I loved it! Loved he talked dutch a lot, the new songs, well actually I loved everything about it. Had such a good time :D hope to see him soon again!

And yes, LMFAO was really cool too!

yes! His Dutch is very good, he repeated almost every sentence :wub2: :wub2:

All I can say is that it was amazing :mikalove:

I also hope to see him soon again!

yeahh LMFAO, they surprised me :shocked: very good.

haha but I saw his butt, and at one moment I thought he was going to remove his pants all the way :shocked: :shocked: luckily he didn't :blush-anim-cl:

yes! His Dutch is very good, he repeated almost every sentence :wub2: :wub2:

All I can say is that it was amazing :mikalove:

I also hope to see him soon again!

yeahh LMFAO, they surprised me :shocked: very good.

haha but I saw his butt, and at one moment I thought he was going to remove his pants all the way :shocked: :shocked: luckily he didn't :blush-anim-cl:

I thought the same thing!! :lmfao:

And no, he didn't playback! Both Helen and Ilse sitting next to me here were shocked when I read that tweet to them! :aah: He sung live, and very good I might add :wub2:

I had a really great day. spend it with really nice people. We had a banner and were on the left side and the people on both sides of us had banners too. So the whole left side was full of banners :thumb_yello:

Mika was amazing. I love him so much. The Origin of Love is my fav of the new songs and I was happy to hear it live.

The other acts:

- Luc van Acker = terrible, and at some point he spitted water over us; disgusting!

- School is cool = cool (+ hot drummer :teehee:)

- 't Hof van Commerce = not really the music I like

- Arsenal = Mwah

- LMFAO = amazing show, only knew one song and I didn't expected I would like the show so much. Very entertaining, but I didn't really wanted to see his butt. And the champagne shower...such waste of champagne. We tried to hide behind our raincoats since we didn't wanted to be soaked with booze.

Really looking forward to Mika's new album en 3 Novermber!!!

b4050e33.jpg

I'm uploading my pics and vids and will post them when ready :)

Edited by Marly

I thought the same thing!! :lmfao:

And no, he didn't playback! Both Helen and Ilse sitting next to me here were shocked when I read that tweet to them! :aah: He sung live, and very good I might add :wub2:

hahaha :lmfao:

oh okay, I already thought so :wink2: how dare they say such things :sneaky2:

hahaha :lmfao:

oh okay, I already thought so :wink2: how dare they say such things :sneaky2:

You know what was a problem though, the bass! It was so loud! I couldn't hear mika's voice during a long bit of underwater!!! :sneaky2:

*I can't believe what a switch this has been for me. I wasn't even looking forward to this, I was a bit scared because I didn't really like the new songs, but wow, am I glad I went tonight :wub2:

I couldn't have said it better :wink2:

It was the same for me. I went last night with very little expectation. I wasn't blown away by the new music like I was the two previous times. I just went because it's Mika ... you know ... and to see all the other Belgian fans again.

But seeing him preform live made it all good again. :wub2:

The show was great ... especially for a festival. He looked very relaxed and there was a good atmosphere. He took his time to talk alot ... the speaking dutch stays so cute.

I'm really looking forward to the gigs in de fall.

From the same twitteraccount as the 'lipsynch-insinuation':

it pisses me off a bit, actualy, this twitteraccount:

Mika maakt er een prima show vol hits van, maar je moet er van houden.. @suikerrock #FIAF12 #Mika #SR12

Mika gives a fine performance full of hits, but you must love it...

and my reaction:

‏@AnnaMariaPetra

@MuzikaleLive @suikerrock Geldt dat niet voor alles?

Doesn't that count for everything?

Tienen Suikerrock 9.25 pm 10th row at the right. Sorry everyone, most of you are going to hate me for this but I didn't like LMFAO. It's funny at tv but live it was too noisy and flashy.Maybe it's the most wanted at this moment but I seriously don't want to look to LMFAO's underwear and bare behind live even it is meant to be hip. :blink:

MIKA however was, what else, fabulous. He put on a great show, talking better dutch then our prime minister in such a shy way everybody was melting.

Although the crowd was a bit on hold after LMFAO and MIKA was a bit nervous eventualy he and the band blowed up the venue. He talked about his intervieuw on BBC according the Olympics, the church on the market, his songs and Belgium. Love his new versions of old songs, his new songs and still adore MYH, can't wait for the symphonic version. He is really an artist who preforms live even better which is rare as you don't have the same facilities to purify everything like at the studios; that's why I'm so p*ssed off by that tweet of some joker who thinks MIKA is playbacking. :sneaky2: There was one once at Antwerp 2 years ago from Laatste nieuws too. I mean..que ? Can anyone please explain to me how you can do this while interacting with your band and public ? What about LMFAO ? He's dancing and jupming at the same time and doesn't even have too catch a breath ! I realy want to know ! Anyway, another great night with a great crowd. Way to go MIKA ! :thumb_yello: