Suikerrock - Tienen Belgium, July 28 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Tienen Suikerrock 9.25 pm 10th row at the right. Sorry everyone, most of you are going to hate me for this but I didn't like LMFAO. It's funny at tv but live it was too noisy and flashy.Maybe it's the most wanted at this moment but I seriously don't want to look to LMFAO's underwear and bare behind live even it is meant to be hip. :blink:

MIKA however was, what else, fabulous. He put on a great show, talking better dutch then our prime minister in such a shy way everybody was melting.

Although the crowd was a bit on hold after LMFAO and MIKA was a bit nervous eventualy he and the band blowed up the venue. He talked about his intervieuw on BBC according the Olympics, the church on the market, his songs and Belgium. Love his new versions of old songs, his new songs and still adore MYH, can't wait for the symphonic version. He is really an artist who preforms live even better which is rare as you don't have the same facilities to purify everything like at the studios; that's why I'm so p*ssed off by that tweet of some joker who thinks MIKA is playbacking. :sneaky2: There was one once at Antwerp 2 years ago from Laatste nieuws too. I mean..que ? Can anyone please explain to me how you can do this while interacting with your band and public ? What about LMFAO ? He's dancing and jupming at the same time and doesn't even have too catch a breath ! I realy want to know ! Anyway, another great night with a great crowd. Way to go MIKA ! :thumb_yello:

Oh wow, you're so freaking right about that!! :lmfao:

Right!! He talked about the newsnight thing! I forgot that already :teehee:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, MIKA speaking dutch sounds so cute! And not bad at all!

And I thought it was so funny how he kept talking about the church. 'It's a biiiig church. If god could see the CocaCola-sign blocking the entrance of the church I think god would be really pissed off.... It's a very clean church, actually!' :D

My head hurts and I feel the cobblestones still in my buttocks, but the performance of Mika was amazing! :wub2:

The day started with some nice bands and a less pleasant rapduo (I couldn't understand a word, but maybe that's because the raps were in dialect). The bands weren't amazing, but well enough to listen to and to dance on it.

During the concert we saw a helicopter flying over the venue... Afterwards we had a speculation about whether Mika was in it (according to Twitter he was in London till afternoon).

The more the evening progressed, the less interested I was in the other bands. But then LMFAO came on stage... I'm not a fan of their music, but they gave away a great show: with a lot of dancing, fun and attributes. The Champagne part (at the front rows we got four bottles of Champagne sprayed over us) and the pushy manly teenagers were slightly less fun, but over all I had a great time at LMFAO.

Then Mika came on (I guess, 15 minutes too late) and the show was just amazing. Mika's voice sounded really great and the band fitted well. The keyboardist (?) had a great voice and maybe that's where the confusion started about the playbacking. And although I haven't heard her sing a lot solo, I can say that I liked Joy's voice too. Mika was really adorable when he spoke Dutch (I was amazed by his level)!

I had my doubts about some of the new songs, but after the concert I can say that I'm in love again with Mika's music. It's as catchy as usual and the lyrics are just fantastic. Even the old songs sounded great in the upgraded versions!

The crowd was amazing and I met some nice Mika fans who inaugurated me with a pink heartshaped sticker (thank you). We went backstage after the concert, but the security told us that Mika had already left. As stubborn as we are, we kept on waiting... But after quite a while some English speaking person, from the crew I guess, came out to tell that Mika really left. So we left the venue and me and a friend started our travel at home.

Edited by ~Wicky~

hello everyone;

you know i can't come here often,but i want to share with you my record as usual;so,for the moment:

-a video of LOLA

-the link of my facebook account,cos' i put LMAFO's pitcures yet(it's the second link),and then(later,i'm tried for the moment...) all of mika :)

https://www.facebook.com/fanny.fouchonneret

glad to see mika and familiar faces again,but sad we waiting "a little",hadn't got any M&G ....that's life :blink:

:bye:

The more the evening progressed, the less interested I was in the other bands. But then LMFAO came on stage... I'm not a fan of their music, but they gave away a great show: with a lot of dancing, fun and attributes. The Champagne part (at the front rows we got four bottles of Champagne sprayed over us) and the pushy manly teenagers were slightly less fun, but over all I had a great time at LMFAO.

The crowd was amazing and I met some nice Mika fans who inaugurated me with a pink heartshaped sticker (thank you). We went backstage after the concert, but the security told us that Mika had already left. As stubborn as we are, we kept on waiting... But after quite a while some English speaking person, from the crew I guess, came out to tell that Mika really left. So we left the venue and me and a friend started our travel at home.

first, for LMFAO,i just could say that they gave a lot of fun to a lot of people(specially young)....and some to me too!

not really for their music or song lyrics but just for their amazing energy :)

second,i remember about the guy of the crew,but he was wrong....mika wasn't back home at the moment...

we just wasn't at the good place for the waiting....

3 lucky fans was waiting in other place,and had a quick chat and autograph....that's why i'm a little sad about that finish of gig :(

btw,we'll wait only few months now to see him again!

Tienen Suikerrock 9.25 pm 10th row at the right. Sorry everyone, most of you are going to hate me for this but I didn't like LMFAO. It's funny at tv but live it was too noisy and flashy.Maybe it's the most wanted at this moment but I seriously don't want to look to LMFAO's underwear and bare behind live even it is meant to be hip. :blink:

MIKA however was, what else, fabulous. He put on a great show, talking better dutch then our prime minister in such a shy way everybody was melting.

Although the crowd was a bit on hold after LMFAO and MIKA was a bit nervous eventualy he and the band blowed up the venue. He talked about his intervieuw on BBC according the Olympics, the church on the market, his songs and Belgium. Love his new versions of old songs, his new songs and still adore MYH, can't wait for the symphonic version. He is really an artist who preforms live even better which is rare as you don't have the same facilities to purify everything like at the studios; that's why I'm so p*ssed off by that tweet of some joker who thinks MIKA is playbacking. :sneaky2: There was one once at Antwerp 2 years ago from Laatste nieuws too. I mean..que ? Can anyone please explain to me how you can do this while interacting with your band and public ? What about LMFAO ? He's dancing and jupming at the same time and doesn't even have too catch a breath ! I realy want to know ! Anyway, another great night with a great crowd. Way to go MIKA ! :thumb_yello:

Yes, I agree, and since he's got new arrangements of the old songs, he can't be miming to a track at all. These idiots are just jealous, and are not worth our spit.

At 2:30 pm me, patricia4u, jojotje61, annemaaikie, navah and biekje arrived at Suikerrock... We had a great place 2nd row in the middle. GREAT place!!!...and the weather was perfect.

I loved LMFAO! but I couldn't enjoy because there was a group of guys who were VERY annoying. They tried to get front row and pushed, hit and yelled at us. The security didn't do anything. They only gave them an angry look and said to them one time and then you can go. but they said that 5 times... well after LMFAO they were gone FINALLY! and we could start with our light project. we bought lot's of glow in the dark stuff and other things that was lightning up. After this the moment was finally there! MIKAAA!!! whaaa!!!

I love his new songs but i wasn't that exited as i was before with new songs... so i was a bit afraid i wasn't fan any more :(... but told everyone that i first need to see a live performance before i can say that i'm really not excited any more. but hey mika is the man! he came on stage and i jumped as high as i could and yelled as loud as i could! it was GREAT! his dutch was great and funny. that was a long time ago that i heard that. so good to hear when he speaks your language :)... his new songs were AMAZING live!!! i so so so LOVED it!!!... the feeling is back :mikalove: ... and i'm on a mika cloud right now! Mika looked sooo handsome last night and the show/crowd was perfect! i had a perfect night and it was great to see all my sweet mika friends again... love you ALL! and mika the most ;)... below some pictures i took from LMFAO and MIKA :)

http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/Sylvanav/MIKA%20-%20Suikerrock%20-%2028-07-2012/

Oh wow, you're so freaking right about that!! :lmfao:

Right!! He talked about the newsnight thing! I forgot that already :teehee:

Thank you for reading my review. :thumb_yello:

Yes, I agree, and since he's got new arrangements of the old songs, he can't be miming to a track at all. These idiots are just jealous, and are not worth our spit.

Thanks for answering. You are so right, they don't know anything about MIKA and just want to be popular (as if) :naughty:

Ok, here's my report from yesterday :)

After a short night, (watching the olympics opening ceremony) i woke up all excited to go see Mika.

Left home, to meet Priscilla, Helen and Rian in Leuven. Together we went to Tienen. When we arrived there there wasn't that many people yet, as i kind of expected, but we wanted to be sure, of parking spot for the car :)

We sat down for a while, i watched all the other artists. Can be short about that. Hated the first one, "luc van acker".

"School is cool", was ok. Was pleasantly surprised by "'thof van commerce"... wouldn't buy their cd or anything. But it was just fun to see, with those comments in a dialect of west-flanders. Really liked "Arsenal".

And well... about "LMFAO"... their show was fun, (for as far as i could, see, had some bitchy people in front of me who pushed me away from my great spot :huh:) But i got tired of the music very fast.

And then... Finally.... MIKA!!!!

Starting with big girl, as he did in Vienne as well. Loved Mika's performance from the minute he came on stage. Lots of energy again. Also lots of energy from the crowd. (by then those 2 bitchy girls had left and there were some nice guys in front of us)

I liked that he talked Dutch so many times again, and he was making funny comments and talks as well near the end. Starting with "What a big church...." He told us about a gig, in ... Beirut i think he said. where there was a church on the one side and a mosque on the other and crowd in between who were singing along to "billy brown" ::teehee:

Loved also when he started playing Happy ending on the piano and the crowd started singing it. He seemed pleasantly surprised by then. Think this was one of the best moments in this amazing gig.

Ah, so many things to tell, and i don't know what or how, :roftl: still in a Mika happy world today, reliving the show. It simply was amazing!!!!!

it seemed to me that he was very happy to be back in Belgium and well after that great tweet :teehee:

'im going to keep it at this and post my pics, hope you'll like them :)

Okay so here is my report:

It was the most amazing night of this summer, that's for sure!

I loved the other shows as wel, School is Cool was sooo amazing and Arsenal was pretty good too.

But LMFAO isn't really my thing, I mean the show was big, with a lot of colours and confetti but it's not about their music anymore, it's just a bunch of people "wiggling" on the stage.

But then Mika came and he totally blew everybody's mind. I was in the front row, with my banner. He didn't see the banner but that's okay, I didn't have a lot of expectations on that so I'm not dissapointed :).

Lola was just amazing live but the song I enjoyed most was Underwater. I don't know why but it gave me goosebumps :blush-anim-cl:.

I was standing in front of the cameraman and he liked filming me (probably because I was singing along with all the new song while the people around me were just listing) so I was alot on the big screen :teehee:. After the gig, a lot of people came to me "Hey, you were the girl from the screen!" Haha, I'm famous :aah:. We didn't have time to go to the artist's exit so I didn't get an autograph.

But it was the best Mika gig I had so far :wub2: