MIKA @ Volkshaus, Zurich, SWITZERLAND - 8 November

Christine

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear, nearly 48 EUR, excluded charges !!! most expensive Mika-tickets so far ....

And a very important question during 'touring-time' -- where do you stay overnight after the gig, have you planned or already booked a hotel?

Edited by faballa

oh dear, nearly 48 EUR, excluded charges !!! most expensive Mika-tickets so far ....

And a very important question during 'touring-time' -- where do you stay overnight after the gig, have you planned or already booked a hotel?

yes, of course the swiss tickets are 10€ more expensive than all the others! :aah: at least they're not 90 CHF like the ones for blue balls... :teehee:

we might drive back to munich overnight, but not 100% sure yet. so nothing planned yet... :dunno:

• 1 month later...
Ok, as I still haven't found any solution, I'm thinking about spending the night at the hostel/hotel. Has anyone found something cheap near the venue?

we're driving home right after the gig (car is full though, and i think where you live is the other direction than munich anyway? :aah:) but i think faballa is staying there, at the etap or ibis or something like that - maybe you could ask her about sharing a room and how much it would be? i'm gonna take her there by car before we leave, of course i could take you as well. we've looked for hostels in zurich but they were all quite expensive, that's why we decided to drive home right away. if you're generally interested in sharing a room with her, i could also ask her on fb to look in this thread, she's not on mfc regularly. :wink2:

we're driving home right after the gig (car is full though, and i think where you live is the other direction than munich anyway? :aah:) but i think faballa is staying there, at the etap or ibis or something like that - maybe you could ask her about sharing a room and how much it would be? i'm gonna take her there by car before we leave, of course i could take you as well. we've looked for hostels in zurich but they were all quite expensive, that's why we decided to drive home right away. if you're generally interested in sharing a room with her, i could also ask her on fb to look in this thread, she's not on mfc regularly. :wink2:

Yep, indeed, you live right in the opposite direction haha

I may have found someone who could welcome me for the night, but I'm waiting for her answer... Depending one what she says, I'll let you know and you can contact Faballa, yes! Thank you very much for your help! :D

Me too!! :D

I'll just have to find a way to get a taxi to go to my friend's afterwards. I hope Zurich taxi companies understand English mwa ha ha

I'm very optimistic that they understand English. I mean, it's next to the mainstation iirc so they should be able to deal with tourists. :aah:

And if not I'm sure someone of us could help you with German. If they understand this that is! :naughty:

I'm very optimistic that they understand English. I mean, it's next to the mainstation iirc so they should be able to deal with tourists. :aah:

And if not I'm sure someone of us could help you with German. If they understand this that is! :naughty:

Yeah, talking to the taxi driver won't be much of a problem; I'll have written the address down, and I'll just have to say: "Guten Abend, Ich möchte da fahren, bitte!". The problem will be calling the company to order the taxi mwa ha I suck at phone calling, even in French :aah: Never mind, I'll manage!

Most important thing is that I'm attending the gig!!!! :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
Hey guys! How are you? :D

I was wondering about when you think you'll arrive at the venue? Morning, afternoon, one hour before the gig? XD

the 5 of us who are coming by car from munich haven't discussed yet when we'll go. too many other gigs for us to plan before. :teehee: but in any case i'm sure we won't arrive in zurich before noon. might also want to do a little bit of sightseeing, if it's possible. in luzern we arrived at about 4 pm iirc, of course it would be nice if it was so relaxed in zurich as well. :) does anyone know if any fans from the french forums (or others who aren't on the mfc rsvp list) will be coming, who might start queueing early? :dunno: if not, i don't think we need to worry about the 10 mfcers who are coming... there should be more than 10 places in front row... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

wow! congrats for the choir!! I'm glad you'll have the chance to be on stage :thumb_yello:

and to all of you going to the gig, i'll be thinking of you! have a great time (and you definitely should manage a little time in the City, the "old" Zurich is really nice!) :wink2:

Hi guys!

I know I'm not very active on here but I've been an active Mika fan for the past 5 years. Today I got the news that I made it into the choir for Zurich and I am beyond excited!!! :)

Congrat´s! I'm sure you will have a great day!!!

Emerald, the girls will pick me up around 9 a.m. and then we drive to Zürich. I don`t know how long it takes, but I think about 4 hours or more. So I think that we will arrive in the afternoon.

At the gigs in Germany we made numbers and organised the Queue before the entry. But not with the security, only for us. We will see what the fans from switzerland have planned ;-).

congrats hotchocolate! :thumb_yello: tim told us yesterday that they'll need more people for the choir in zurich, seems they didn't have enough applications. so those who are going, be prepared that they might look for more choir members in the queue. :wink2: i'll wait how many they need and how many of you want to apply, hope everyone who wants gets a chance - but if they need more people like they did in vienna, i might volunteer to do it again - of course only if there's not enough others who want to do it. :wink2:

as we're not so many mfcers, and probably half of us are going to be in the choir :teehee:, i thought maybe we could ask thomas whether he could arrange a m+g for us (i.e. the ones on the rsvp list)... of course there's no guarantee, but we can try. i'll print the rsvp list in any case. :wink2: but if any of the swiss fans wants to organize it, of course i will stay in the background and let you do it. :wink2:

btw, i asked mika yesterday to play step with me in zurich, and he said OK - wonder if he'll really do it, but hope so! would love to see that song live. :wub2:

emerald, just like tina said. i'd be surprised if we were there before 2pm, usually it always takes longer than the route planner says because i don't drive very fast and we have to stop for pauses and buying a street toll sticker for austria, etc.. we want to be there at 3 the latest because statue wants to apply for the choir (and i think fran as well), and that's the time when they might come out to look for people in the queue. if we're lucky and really fast we might be there at 1, but i don't think so. numbers would be good so we can walk around and form a proper queue when more people start arriving. but i think it'll all be quite relaxed. i hope so anyway, that there won't be 50 french fans queueing when we arrive. :rolls_eyes:

Hi guys!

I know I'm not very active on here but I've been an active Mika fan for the past 5 years. Today I got the news that I made it into the choir for Zurich and I am beyond excited!!! :)

Congratulations! That's great news! Really so happy for everyone who's

getting this experience! :thumb_yello:

I haven't been to Zurich in nearly 20 years, but I remember that it was just beautiful, and that I wished I could have stayed longer. Hope you all get a chance to enjoy the city a bit, as well!

congratulations hotchocolate! i made it too the competition. but they did't take me. i know, i'm not the best singer, but it wasn't that bad. my friend, a professional singer, help me. and i say to her, she must say the truths, and she says that was not bad. i don't understand, and i'm verry unhappy. but enjoy the gig you all!